3. Transfer Window Review (August)

4. Mid-Season Review (December 31st)

5. Transfer Window Review (January)

6. End Of Season Review

If there is an international competition i will also include:

7. UEFA EURO's

8. Olympic Games

9. FIFA World Cup

Here we go again, a year has passed and a new Football Manager is out. I thought that to start off this years game managing my local team would be the best way to get a grip on the new features and layout. So the goal will be getting Luton back to the old days but as long as I have a good time I don't mind staying non league for 30 seasons!

Your Part!

Instead of just setting my own long/short term personal targets I thought of a sweet idea where any of you can set me targets for the season, it could be anything and might not even involve me like one of my players scoring 20 goals in a season or total amount of red cards we will get this year. Think of it as in game betting but for an entire season.

Hope you enjoy my career as much as I hope to and feel free to comment.

Career Summary

----------------------------------------------

[b]Season   Team               League                                    Position        Achievements[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Luton Town FC      Blue Square Bet Premier                   1st             League Winners & FA Trophy Winners
2012/13  Luton Town FC      npower Football League Two                1st             League Winners
2013/14  Luton Town FC      npower Football League One                8th             -
2014/15  Luton Town FC      npower Football League One                1st             -
2015/16  Luton Town FC      npower Football League Championship       1st             -
2016/17  Luton Town FC      Barclays Premier League                   12th            -
2017/18  Luton Town FC      Barclays Premier League                   11th            FA Cup Winners

Trophy Cabinet

[b]Competition                            Year[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]npower Football League Championship[/b]    2015/16
[b]npower Football League One[/b]             2014/15
[b]npower Football League Two[/b]             2012/13
[b]Blue Square Bet Premier[/b]                2011/12

[b]FA Cup [/b]                                2017/18
[b]FA Carlsberg Trophy[/b]                    2011/12

Season Shortcut

Season 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier Winners & FA Trophy Winners.

Season 2012/13 - League Two Winners

Season 2013/14 - 8th in League One

Season 2014/15 - League One Winners

Season 2015/16 - Championship Winners

Season 2016/17 - 12th in Premier League

Season 2017/18 - 11th in Premier League & FA Cup Winners

International Career Summary

[b]Year       Country               Competition                    Position   Continent Ranking   World Ranking[/b]

Trophy Cabinet

[b]Competition                  Year[/b]

677.png

Luton Town FC

Luton Town Football Club is an English professional football club based since 1905 at Kenilworth Road, Luton, Bedfordshire. The club currently competes in the fifth tier of English football, the Conference National, for the third consecutive season during the 2011–12 season.

Luton Town Football Club was formed on 11 April 1885, the product of a merger of the two leading local teams, Luton Town Wanderers and Excelsior. Initially based at Excelsior's Dallow Lane ground, the club moved to Dunstable Road in 1897. In 1890, the club began making payments to certain individual players. The following year, Luton became the first club in southern England to be fully professional.

Luton Town's most recent successful period began in 1981–82, when the club won the Second Division and was promoted to the First Division. Winning the League Cup in 1987–88 with a 3–2 win over Arsenal, Luton remained a First Division club until relegation in 1991–92 signalled the end of major success. More recently, financial difficulties have caused the club to fall, in just three years, from the second tier of English football to the fifth, ending its 89-year spell as a member of The Football League.

luton-town-kenilworth-road-1.jpg

Kenilworth Road

677.png

Luton Town FC

Season Preview 2011/2012

League expectation

Blue Square Bet Premier : Board expectation - Win the league : Media expectation - 1st (out of 24)

Cup expectations

FA Cup with Budweiser : Reach the Third Round

FA Carlsberg Trophy : Not Important

Finances

Transfer budget : £0

Wage budget : £25,763k p/w

Current wage bill : £23,955k p/w

Seasonal Targets

Win the Blue Square Bet Premier : Not Yet Achieved

Keep the wages within budget : Not Yet Achieved

Win Manager of the Season : Not Yet Achieved

677.png

Luton Town FC

Pre-Season Review - 2011/2012

July

Summary

A good run in pre-season of 5 wins and 1 loss shows we mean business especially with the team having to adjust to my new 4-4-2 tactic that they had no clue about. The one loss was to Hartlepool away but I can let this one go as it was an experimental game as I tried a new version of my 4-5-1, they still need some time with that one .

The lack of transfer budget meant I needed to go bargain hunting or you could say looking for freebies, none the less i managed to find a good set of youth players as well as some experience to throw into the mix.

Fixtures

5 Wins, 0 Draws, 1 Loss

Luton 3-2 Rochdale

Hartlepool 3-1 Luton

Salisbury 1-3 Luton

Eastbourne Boro 0-2 Luton

Luton 3-0 Bournemouth

Tonbridge 0-3 Luton

Transfers

In

Curtis Main (Loan)

Jlloyd Samuel (Free)

Jordan Bowen (Free)

Matt Barnes (Free)

Kayleden Brown (Loan)

Out

None

Key Players

Jlloyd Samuel - The name tells you everything you need to know, massive signing for a non league signing.

Jake Howells - Solid performances during pre season with a few goals as well.

Seasonal Targets

With future updates I will have more information, just pre-season there is not much I find interesting to talk about.

677.png

Luton Town FC

Transfer Window Review - 2011/2012

End Of August

Summary

Super start to the league, remaining unbeaten in the first month of the season. Dominant performances in every game gave us all 3 points in all but one game which we should have won comfortably. My assistant manager is concerned with the team not picking up the new formation but i think the results and match stats are proving him wrong in every sense.

Also a very quiet month for us in the transfer window, already bringing in 5 players last month, August was just about trying to keep hold of all current players.

- Blue Square Premier Table

- Luton Fixtures

Fixtures

6 Wins, 1 Draw, 0 Losses

Grimsby 1-1 Luton

Luton 3-1 Newport County

Bath 0-3 Luton

Luton 2-0 Alfreton

Luton 5-1 Wrexham

Forest Green 1-3 Luton

Luton 3-1 York

Transfers

In

None

Out

None

Transfer Window now closed.

Key Players

Danny Crow - 6 goals in 5 games.

Stuart Fleetwood - 4 goals in 7 games with several assists.

John Paul Kissock - Amazing performances in every game, most consistent player so far this season.

Jake Howells - Juggling England U21 games with the club but making an impact every game he plays.

Seasonal Targets

677.png

Luton Town FC

Mid-Season Review - 2011/2012

September 1st - December 31st

Summary

Blue Square Bet Premier - Table & Fixtures : Still going strong in the league with some long unbeaten runs but the team is just being let down by a couple of bad runs, nothing major but points we shouldn't be dropping. Still in the race for the title being only 3 points off the leaders sitting in second place, if we can stop dropping vital points then I think we can win the league comfortably.

The FA Cup with Budweiser - Fixtures : Board expectation easily met but with a tough trip to Elland Road the cup run could come to an end. Do not write us off just yet though, this is The FA Cup and we all know what happens here.

FA Carlsberg Trophy - Fixtures : Hmm a cup i really am not too bothered about, a good chance for silverware but do I really want to play my first team here? The answer is no, I am treating it as the top 4 in the Premier League treat the Carling Cup.

Key Players

Dean Beckwith - Showing the world how to keep it solid at the back, and chipping in with 8 goals in 24(4) games which is good going for a CB.

Danny Crow - Nothing in the world could stop this guy, 19 goals in 18(6) games.

John Paul Kissock - Still he amazes with every performance, until he got injured.

Jake Howells - The future Luton superstar, will be hard to keep hold of him in future seasons!

In Other News..

- *TOP STORY* Espanyol win La Liga! & Dundee win the SPL! (If the season finished now.. haha)

- Messi wins every award going (not really news, it was expected)

- Tottenham, Stoke & Bolton find themselves in the bottom half. Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea & Everton make up the top 4.

- Carlos Tevez is rotting in the Manchester City reserves, don't worry mate Luton are coming to save you ;)

- Pretty much every top league side in Europe has forgotten how to buy players. Eg. The Premier League had about 10 transfers.

- I am AWESOME!

Seasonal Targets

677.png

Luton Town FC

Transfer Window Review - 2011/2012

End Of January

Summary

Wow, a month full of highs & lows. A disappointing draw against Alfreton in the league but followed by a well battled 1-1 draw with Leeds at Elland Road in The FA Cup, with the players still very tired from the Leeds game it showed with us losing 1-0 against Wrexham. Our next game was called off for a waterlogged pitch so a full week or preparation and rest could have been the key to out 3-0 win over Leeds in the replay, the result setting us up for a Fourth Round tie against Nottingham Forest.

The next games was a Home league tie against Forest Green which we just about managed a draw, this was followed by a 4-1 win over Thurruck in the FA Trophy. Then it was the big day, Non League Luton in the Fourth Round of The FA Cup. All was not well though, as we went down 4-0 in a game that saw us have hardly any of the ball. The run was good while it lasted though, and the financial benefit can be seen easily.

Main priority now will be getting back into the title race as it is slipping through out fingers, starting with a win in the next game and building from then on.

- Blue Square Premier Table

- January Fixtures

Transfers

In

Jamie Hand (4k - Hayes & Yeading)

Dean Bowditch (Free - MK Dons)

Out

None

Key Players

Jordan Bowen - A young CM who i signed as a future talent but when I struggled to send him out on loan he requested a transfer but i decided to play him against Leeds, i have to say he was the spine in the midfield which helped us get a draw and a win against them. 100% will be in the first team a lot more.

George Pilkington - Exactly what the club needs in a Captain, a certified leader with the performances to back it up.

Stuart Fleetwood - Returned from injury with a bang, when I say a bang I mean goals, assists, MOTM performances, THE LOT.

Seasonal Targets

sorry for the small update, the end of season update will be a big one.

677.png

Luton Town FC

End Of Season Review - 2011/2012

1st Season

Summary

Blue Square Bet Premier - Table & Fixtures : We're going UP UP UP!! Wow, what a season with 2 games remaining I am in 3rd place with 1st & 2nd place tied one point ahead of me. Surprisingly they both lose and I win which puts me in pole position at the top of the table, final game of the season and another win, the league is ours!

It sounds all good, but we should not of been in that situation where we need wins at the end of the season as we dropped too many points in games we should have won easily. I think the problem with my squad is inconsistency and in any league this is a massive problem, success comes from good runs of winning games. During the pre-season transfer window my main focus is to bring in a few players with experience in higher leagues as League Two will not faze them one bit.

The FA Cup with Budweiser - Fixtures : As i have already spoke about the FA Cup run in my January transfer window update, I will not add any more on this.

FA Carlsberg Trophy - Fixtures : What's this? Luton have done the what? The DOUBLE!!! Brilliant performances from the team in the semi final second leg and also the final made it look like light work but as i have already said I was not bothered about this competition at all. By all means I will take it though ;)

Next season will mark the return to the Carling Cup, and the Johnstone Paint Trophy. The last game Luton played in the JPT was the final so, if I can come back and win it would that count as winning it back to back?

Key Players

Squad Screen - You can see in the picture a couple of players that started almost every game this season and they are the players who the side gets built around, the first names on the team sheet. A good spread of goals and rotation are also crucial to the team, over half the squad are rotated every game or two which kept them fresh and raring to go.

Dean Bowditch - I brought him in on a free in January and ever since then he has just played at the top of his game and has scored several important goals.

Stuart Fleetwood - What a man, played 50 games this season and scored a ridiculous amount of goals.

Jake Howells - Brilliant player with a work rate that could one day kill him. Destroyed teams with his skill on the left wing almost every game he played.

In Other News..

Europe - Belgium | England | France | Germany | Italy | Netherlands | Portugal | Scotland | Spain

Champions League Final - Barcelona 3 - 1 Manchester United ..LOL how weird is that, click the link for proof!

Europa League Final - Bayern Leverkusen 1 - 2 CSKA Moscow

2012 Olympics & UEFA Euro 2012 will each have a dedicated update!

Seasonal Targets

Win the Blue Square Bet Premier : Achieved

Keep the wages within budget : Achieved

Win Manager of the Season : Failed

Career Summary

[b]Season   Team               League                      Position        Achievements[/b]

2011/12  Luton Town FC      Blue Square Bet Premier         1st             FA Trophy Winners

pssst.......the squad screens got the wrong link :)

Good season there, good luck with league football!

oops, should be corrected now mate.

Thanks, I need to make some good signing if I want to stay up and push up the table. Should be fun!

Woo! Another Hatter on board here - congrats on the double! Do you feel you could win promotion from League 2 next year?

Thanks, there seems to be a lot of hatter on here lol and well it gives me as favourites for next season but I can see it being a challenge unless I can sign some decent players.

I like your presentation, I'll most likely steal the layout or bits of it when I start my Truro City F.C. career updates :) Cheers for that! Ha keep up the quality work mate

Cheers, if you check this thread Way Of The Dragon, you will see it is very similar because mine is just a version I have adapted from his over FM11 & 12 so far.

100109.png

UEFA EURO 2012

Tournament Review

Summary

Group Stage - Group A | Group B | Group C | Group D : England winning a group with Spain in 2nd, that doesn't sound right does it. If you add in the fact England Beat Spain 4-0 as well it makes you think WTF!? In Group A & B there wasn't really any shocks but in Group C you see France, Germany & Netherlands all in one group, with Netherlands finishing bottom, France & Germany Qualifying.

Knock Out Rounds - Tree : Ill start with the England game as many of us our English. The bubble has been blown, beating Spain 4-0 and winning the group but we go down 1-0 without much fight to a Italy Squad who 2 years ago looked a disgrace. Davie for England, Davie for England!! The game I skipped past was Germany losing to Slovakia! Yes losing 4-2 to Slovakia, I guess international football has changed. Portugal winning 3-1 over Croatia and Spain fortunately beating France on penalties after the game finishing 1-1.

The Semi-Finals see Slovakia given a reality check with a reverse their 4-2 in favour of Italy. In the 2nd Semi-Final we see Portugal grab a 1-0 victory but looking at the match stats it should have been more. So, we move to the Final. The game was stalemate till the 55th minute when Danny gave Portugal the lead, but that was short lived as Italy pull one back in the 60th minute through De Rossi, that was the last goal before we head to Extra Time. Italy did not waste time here as in the 2nd minute of Extra Time Ranocchia tucks one away, as much as Portugal try they just can not score and after pushing so high up they have nobody back and Gilardino gets slotted through and finishes it in the back of the net.

Italy win UEFA EURO 2012.

Awards

Golden Boot - Cristiano Ronaldo (6 goals in 7 games)

Goal of the Tournament - Filip Holosko (Slovakia v Germany)

Best Player - Cristiano Ronaldo (Avr Rat. 8.00)

Dream Team - Click Here

677.png

Luton Town FC

Season Preview 2012/2013

League expectation

npower Football League Two : Board expectation - Win promotion : Media expectation - 4th (out of 24)

Cup expectations

Johnstone Paint Trophy : Not Important, but to me it is!

Carling Cup : Reach The Second Round

Finances

Transfer budget : £25,000

Wage budget : £50,000 p/w

Current wage bill : £34,906 p/w

Seasonal Targets

Win the Johnstone Paint Trophy : Not Yet Achieved

Achieve an unbeaten run of 10 league games: Not Yet Achieved

Win 3 Manager of the Month Awards : Not Yet Achieved

677.png

Luton Town FC

Pre-Season Review - 2012/2013

July

Summary

Once again a good pre season, a very short one this year with only 4 games but we was unbeaten in those games. We do have 2 weeks until we play the first game but that will just be full of hard work in training to make sure we have the fitness levels for the season.

In the transfer market we have been very busy, only bringing in 5 players but finding those players and they other players we are just watching for the time being took a good while. Keeping with the tradition of every FM i have signed Febian Brandy, never lets me down on this game for Luton. Jesse Joronen was a good spot from my new scouts (yes I played the whole first season without any!), a young goalkeeper with a lot of potential. Joe Thompson is in my opinion a brilliant player on the right wing, I first spotted him back on FM10/11 when me and my mates played a network game and one of them was Rochdale. Any player who scores a hat trick against my own team deserves a second look. Finally Jordan Brown, also another young player but with him being so versatile at the back I thought he would make a brilliant player. Also he can slot straight into right back as we are lacking in that area!

Fixtures

2 Wins, 2 Draws, 0 Loss

Basingstoke 0-0 Luton

Oldham 1-2 Luton

Southend 0-2 Luton

Luton 1-1 Motherwell

Transfers

In

Febian Brandy (Free)

Jesse Joronen (Free)

Paul Furlong (Free - Player/Assistant)

Joe Thompson (60k - Rochdale)

Jordan Brown (Free)

Out

Fred Murray (Free)

Alex Lawless (Free)

Will Antwi (Free)

Kevin Pilkington (Free)

Shane Blackett (Free)

Matthew Barnes-Homer (Free)

Dan Gleeson (Free)

Collin Samuel (Free)

Charlie Henry (Free)

Curtis Osano (Free -Macclesfield)

Amari Morgan-Smith (Free - AFC Wimbledon)

Key Players

Febian Brandy - Every year I sign him, every year he repays the faith

Sam Thompson - A product of the youth system, has only just came in but solid performances during pre season and a few goals to his name he looks good for the future.

Jlloyd Samuel - Every game he plays, he is solid. He lacks pace but makes up for the pace by using his head, something a lot of players lack.

Seasonal Targets

677.png

Luton Town FC

Transfer Window Review - 2012/2013

End Of August

Summary

npower Football League Two - Table & Luton Fixtures : Only 3 games in but with 1 win and 2 draw I would say that is a good start. It could come to an abrupt end though as the next few games are against soome of the top sides in the league. Check back soon to see how we are getting on.

FA Cup with Busweiser - Not yet entered

Carling Cup - Lost in the first round to Leicester 2-0. I was hoping to at least get to the next round but disappointed to be knocked out so early.

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Not yet entered

Transfers

In

Thomas Carroll (Free)

Josh Pritchard (Free)

Toni Kallio (12k - Hearts)

Out

None

Key Players

Joe Thompson - Impacted all 3 league games so far scoring in two of them and creating one other.

Jesse Joronen - One of the strongest keepers I have ever signed for Luton, and I'm saying that after 3 games. Just brilliant.

Jlloyd Samuel - Once again in my Key Players as he is still keeps up his stand out performances.

In Other News...

- Chelsea sign Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan for 36.5m

- Manchester United sign Neymar from Santos for 33.5m

- Chelsea sign Domenico Criscito from Zenit for 19m

- Arsenal sign Milan Bedelj from Benfica for 13.25m

- Tottenham sign Saydoi Doumbia from CSKA Moscow for 18m

- Fulham were the highest spenders in England spending 59m

- Bury were the most active side in England.

Seasonal Targets

677.png

Luton Town FC

Mid-Season Review - 2012/2013

Summary

npower Football League Two - Table & Fixtures : Couldn't have asked for much more here, unbeaten after 25 games is just incredible with some big results too. You could say that I completely misjudges the situation at the start of the season thinking it was a relegation battle oops but I doubt we could keep it up for the whole year, we will see. Although we are unbeaten Bournemouth are right up are tail so I will definitely need to make every game count, and push for that league title.

The FA Cup with Budweiser - Fixtures : The remaining hope of actually making a name for ourselves, I'm not looking to win the thing just bring in some cash and make people aware we are coming for them! :lol:

As you can see in the fixtures I am still going in this one, the next update will confirm if we have made it any further but we can all hope I guess?

Carling Cup - Fixtures : Powerless in the 1st Round to a full on Leicester assault, lost 2-0 but it could have been so much worse. I will look to the positive we kept it at 2-0. I will be looking for so much better next season

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Fixtures : Ermmm, knocked out in the Second Round South 1-0 to Leyton Orient after beating D&R 2-0 at home. I am not happy.

Key Players

Toni Tallio - Brilliant signing, has come into the side and wore his heart on his sleeve every game, never backs out of a tackle and is one of the main reason we haven't lost a game.

Sam Thompson - This guy will be quality one day. 16 years old, he has played 2 games, one as a sub and has scored 2 goals.

Jesse Joronen - The best keepers in the league by far, knows what he is doing and it gives the back four confidence as they know they have him behind them.

Jake Howells - The performances have brought interest from several clubs, has died down when I said he is not for sale but brilliant once again.

In Other News..

- Manchester City are top, Liverpool second with Chelsea, United, Tottenham & Arsenal following. Only 4 points separate 1st from 6th.

- Messi once again wins every award going.

- Inter Milan & AC Milan are mid table sides.

- Transfers will be big in January I feel, more on that in the next update.

Seasonal Targets

Win the Johnstone Paint Trophy : Failed

Achieve an unbeaten run of 10 league games : Achieved

677.png

Luton Town FC

End Of January

Summary

Started January how we ended in December, with back to back wins in the league. Then we had our FA Cup Third Round match against Charlton, which was a disaster from the moment we kicked off. The game ended 4-1 but just like our other cup exits, it could have been so much worse. We then got back to business in the league without any harm which showed the mental strength we have as a squad. It was very quiet in the transfer market with one player coming in and one leaving on loan. Not much else I can speak about apart from what is already wrote and what it shown in the images below.

There is one thing I would like to ask, which is, has anyone reading this suffered from a possible bug where a young HG regen is ineligible for matches as 'he has already been involved a game today' and/or he is duplicated and when taken to the squad numbers it is impossible to give him a squad number?

- npower Football League Two Table

- January Fixtures

Transfers

In

John Bostock (Free - Tottenham)

Out

Johnathan O'Donnell (Loan - Cambridge)

Key Players

Josh Pritchard - After several sub appearances during the first half of the season I decided to give him a few starts and he did not disappointing. Top class performances and a good goal.

Joe Thompson - Still proving he is one of the stars at the club with the highest average rating, even if the assistant doesn't rate him very highly.

John Bostock - After signing him he has only played two matches but both games have been strong, indicating he could be a big player.

Seasonal Targets

sorry for the small update, January updates are mainly for the transfers and to see how the team copes after the busy Christmas period.

• 1 month later...

677.png

Luton Town FC

I'M BAAACK!!

End Of Season Review - 2012/2013

2nd Season

Summary

npower Football League Two - Table & Fixtures : Another strong season for the team, which ended with us being unbeaten in the league throughout. Brilliant records against the top sides kept us ahead almost the whole way through, but patchy spells with draws let them keep the gap respectable. The goal difference was still within range of other teams at the top but with the team perfecting the 'We will score more than you' mindset we came out with a significant amount of wins.

Check Key Players & Squad Screen for details on individual players performances.

The FA Cup with Budweiser - Fixtures : As i have already spoke about the FA Cup run in my January transfer window update, I will not add any more on this.

Carling Cup: First round knocked out, so would be a pointless picture.

Johnstone Paint Trophy: Second regional round knocked out, another pointless picture.

Key Players

Squad Screen - Once again i had my Key Players who played most games, but i had a lot more rotation this year to keep it fresh, especially with injuries during the season which crippled us here and there. For next season I will definitely need to improve by replacing the dead wood.

Febian Brandy - GOD of the Football League, it's as simple as that!

Dean Bowditch - An even better turn around than Febian Brandy, More goals from less games.

Jake Howells - My guilty pleasure of Luton Town. He will be with me for the rest of his career, I will put my life on it!

Sam Thompson - My superstar Regen, he will be the next big thing for Luton trust me! (now that his glitch has sorted itself out)

In Other News..

Europe - Belgium | England | France | Germany | Italy | Netherlands | Portugal | Scotland | Spain

Champions League Final - Lyon 0 - 2 Liverpool ..They sure are back!

Europa League Final - Lille 3 - 2 Stuttgart

Special Mention to Fulham who won the Carling Cup & FA Cup!

Also no International Competitions this year so no updates this season.

Seasonal Targets

Win 3 Manager of the Month Awards : Failed

Keep the wages within budget : Failed

Career Summary

[b]Season   Team               League                          Position        Achievements[/b]

2011/12  Luton Town FC      Blue Square Bet Premier         1st             FA Trophy Winners
2012/12  Luton Town FC      npower Football League Two      1st             -

677.png

Luton Town FC

Season Preview 2013/2014

League expectation

npower Football League One : Board expectation - Achieve a safe Mid-Table Position : Media expectation - 12th (out of 24)

Cup expectations

Johnstone Paint Trophy : Not Important, but to me it is!

Finances

Transfer budget : £991

Wage budget : £55,799 p/w

Current wage bill : £48,235 p/w

Seasonal Targets

Buy 6 Players to replace lost Players : Not Yet Achieved

Achieve an unbeaten run of 15 league games: Not Yet Achieved

677.png

Luton Town FC

Pre-Season Review - 2013/2014

July

Summary

Dodgy run during the Pre Season Friendlies with low scoring Draws against Dundee, Liverpool Reserves & Chesterfield. A lose against Leyton Orient but a win against Stenhousemuir. The team has had to take a massive change on board as a lot of players were let go and new players brought in, more of that below.

Once again the budget was very low as we hit a slight period of financial difficulty last season but all seems to be on the up and hopefully this season we can turn that around and use the savings made from players let go and low wages of new players to build on what we have now.

Fixtures

1 Win, 3 Draws, 1 Loss

Dundee 0-0 Luton

Luton 1-1 Liverpool Reserves

Leyton Orient 1-0 Luton

Stenhousemuir 1-2 Luton

Chesterfield 1-1 Luton

Transfers

In

Tom Thorpe (Free)

Charni Ekangamene (Free)

Alan Martin (Kilmarnock - 1k)

Oliver Lancashire (Free)

Johan Hammar (Free)

Marnick Vermijl (Free)

Out

Mark Tyler (Free)

Danny Crow (Free)

Dean Beckwith (Free)

Aaron O'Connor (Free)

Ed Asafu-Adajye (Free)

Key Players

Tom Thorpe - Brilliant little signing in my opinion, average rating of 7.5 from his first few games is pretty good. I am looking forward to seeing how this young man grows

Johan Hammar - My other Center Back signing, I am putting all my hopes in to these lads for a solid partnership at the back and so far they have not let me down.

Dean Bowditch - Not much to fault about Dean through the whole of Pre-Season. Top class performances.

Seasonal Targets

Buy 6 Players to replace those Players released : Achieved

With future updates I will have more information, just pre-season there is not much happening apart from Transfers.

677.png

Luton Town FC

Transfer Window Review - 2013/2014

End Of August

Summary

npower Football League One - Table & Luton Fixtures : Unbeaten so far in a new league, that's pretty good going if you ask me. Hard fought performances have given us 4 wins & 1 draw which leaves us second in the table only behind Charlton who have won all 5 games so far. We have also scored plenty of goals and have only let in 1 goal which is mental!

Carling Cup - Wins against two Championship sides have earn't us a place in the Third Round against Blackburn. You can view the fixtures above.

Transfers

In

None

Out

Robbie Willmott (Loan - Burton)

Key Players

Joe Thompson - Assist's & Goal's from him in most games, he just can't be stopped at the moment.

Sam Thompson - has been crucial, earlier than expected but he is one of the top scorers in the Carling Cup after grabbing a hat trick against Portsmouth.

Jake Howells - Once again he has been a big part of the team on the left wing, but also filling in at left back for Jlloyd Samuel when he is away with his country and doing a fine job.

Oliver Lancashire - Superb young signing, has made the centre back position his own and is a massive danger in the air when up for the corners.

In Other News...

- Manchester City sign Thiago Silva from Milan for 35.5m

- Chelsea sign Dmytro Chygrynskyi from Shackhtar for 16.5m

- Arsenal sign Balazs Dzsudzsak from Anji for 17.5m

- Fulham sign Luuk de Jong from Malaga for 11.25m

- Big money Chelsea were the highest spenders in England spending 50m

- Debt ridden Braintree were the most active side in England.

Seasonal Targets

• 4 weeks later...

677.png

Luton Town FC

Mid-Season Review - 2013/2014

Summary

npower Football League One - Table & Fixtures : Well from the last update things have gone downhill slightly. A real lack of consistency has dropped us down to 6th but we still have a massive shout for promotion, possibly even an automatic spot.

The FA Cup with Budweiser - Fixtures : Not bad so far, a few wins under our belt and now just to see what we can do in the next round.

Carling Cup - Fixtures : wow, this is just unbelievable. Luton in the Carling Cup Semi-Final against Stoke, beating Manchester United & Blackburn on the way here.

Key Players

Keith Keane - The jack of all trades, he has been filling in all over the pitch and putting in some brilliant displays.

Dean Bowditch - Goals, Goals, Goals.. The sides top scorer this season and has a bag full of assists too.

Charni Ekangamene - For a 19 year old, he has been playing in the park like a fully experience 200 cap midfielder.

Jake Howells - Still interest from several clubs, but he seems to be enjoying his football here.

In Other News..

- Chelsea are top, Aston Villa second with Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham & Wolves following. Only 6 points separate 1st from 6th.

- Messi once again wins every award going.

- Manchester City find themselves 12th.. LOL.

- I can see City & Arsenal spending money in the transfer window because of the positions they are in.

Seasonal Targets

677.png

Luton Town FC

End Of January

Summary

January was a weird month for us, winning 3, drawing 1 and losing 2 in the league. In the Carling Cup we had the Semi-Finals against Stoke which we ended up losing 2-0 at their ground and winning 2-1 at ours which wasn't enough but it was a good day for the fans & has shown the team what we can do. We also had the FA Cup Third & Fourth Rounds which we won in the Third beating Leicester City 2-1, then losing to Blackpool 4-1 in the Fourth Round.

Generally the whole month started positive and ended with a few negatives, but we are still in a good place if we can turn things around. COME ON YOU HATTERS!

- npower Football League Two Table

- January Fixtures

Transfers

In

Marcello Trotta (Free - Fulham)

Gyliano Van Velzen (Free - Man Utd)

Out

None

Key Players

Febian Brandy - Once again at the top of his game, and once again the first name on the team sheet.

Joe Thompson - Still proving he is one of the stars at the club and pops up whenever somebody is needed.

John Paul Kissock - Brilliant winger, but can play across midfield.. very good player to have in the side.

Seasonal Targets

677.png

Luton Town FC

End Of Season Review - 2013/2014

3rd Season

Summary

npower Football League Two - Table & Fixtures : Good strong season all round. I didn't think we would get another promotion on the bounce but finishing 8th shows we have made progress. During the transfer market a few signing and a little clear out will hopefully push us up the table next season. Championship here we come lol!

Check Key Players & Squad Screen for details on individual players performances.

The FA Cup with Budweiser - Fixtures : Average performance here, could be worse but could be better.

Carling Cup - Fixtures : Reaching the Semi-Final of this cup was amazing, what a journey and we went out with a win!

Johnstone Paint Trophy: Not much to say here, lost in out first game, South Second Round.

Key Players

Squad Screen - All round good performances, a few stand out as you can see and also a few that did not do very well. You can be the judge of my team.

Febian Brandy - still GOD of the Football League, it's as simple as that!

Dean Bowditch - An even better turn around than Febian Brandy, More goals from less games.

Jordan Brown - a very good right back who has made that position his own.

John Bostock - Found himself in the team of the year, and that was not a mistake. Very talented all round player.

In Other News..

Champions League Final

Europa League Final

Seasonal Targets

Achieve an unbeaten run of 15 league games: Failed

Win 3 Manager of the Month Awards : Failed

Keep the wages within budget : Achieved

Career Summary

[b]Season   Team               League                          Position        Achievements[/b]

2012/12  Luton Town FC      npower Football League Two      1st             -
2013/14  Luton Town FC      npower Football League One      8th             -

1301385.png

FIFA World Cup 2014

Tournament Review

Summary

Group Stage - Group A | Group B | Group C | Group D | Group E | Group F | Group G | Group H: Spain failing to qualify! I think I'm just going to leave it at that for the group stages!!

Knock Out Rounds - Tree : Ill start with the England game as many of us our English. I mean Seriously? Knocked out in the Quarter Final by Czech Republic after a unconvincing win in the Second Round over Japan. Thank God Mr Capello has retired now!

To be honest the whole competition was full of shocks. Every round had a shock and the Final, well that was just a shock both teams being in it. I suppose the Second Round holds the most with Argentina, Brazil, France & Ivory Coast all going out. Netherlands also got knocked out in the Semi-Final but the Final what a game that would have been, Ghana v Ukraine.

Ghana win FIFA World Cup 2014.

Awards

Adidas Golden Ball - Vladimir Weiss

Adidas Golden Shoe - Javier Hernandez

FIFA World Cup Best Young Player - Erick Torres

FIFA World Cup Goals Of The Tournament - Javier Hernandez (Mexico v Argentina)

FIFA World Cup Yashin Award for Best Goalkeeper - Joe Hart

FIFA World Cup Dream Team - Click Here

677.png

Luton Town FC

Season Preview 2014/2015

League expectation

npower Football League One : Board expectation - Win Promotion : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 24)

Cup expectations

Johnstone Paint Trophy : Not Important

Finances

Transfer budget : £100,000

Wage budget : £74,233 p/w

Current wage bill : £45,637 p/w

Seasonal Targets

Do the double over rivals MK Dons : Not Yet Achieved

677.png

Luton Town FC

Pre-Season Review - 2014/2015

July

Summary

Not a bad start this season, not many friendlies as I thought a change was in order so all the player got more rest. From the friendlies we did play we got some good preparation from varied opponents, with the Chelsea game just thrown in more for the financial benefit. I mean a 2-0 loss to Chelsea isn't a bad result anyway.

In the Transfer Market we haven't been busy bringing in players, it has been a pre season trying to hold on to our own players with several teams unsettling several of my players by publicly bidding for them. It has worked with one, John Bostock, wanted to leave straight away so he went for 800k. The amounts offered for others are nowhere near the price i would let them go for so as long as I can keep the players settled for the last month I'm sure we will lose no more of the top players.

Fixtures

3 Wins, 0 Draws, 1 Loss

AFC Telford 0-3 Luton

Woking 1-3 Luton

Stalybridge 0-3 Luton

Luton 0-2 Chelsea

Transfers

In

Bastien Hery (PC* Loan - Swansea)

Gary Taylor-Fletcher (Blackpool - 50k)

Out

James Dance (Free)

Stuart Fleetwood (Free)

John Bostock (Portsmouth - 800k)

*Parent Club

Key Players

Bastien Hery - In both Pre-Season Friendlies he has played in he has mad an impact. I am hoping he can come up big for us this season.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - Am I right in saying he is the biggest name at the club at the moment? lets hope he still has it in him.

Johan Hammar - Top class defender, leader at the back & possibly a future candidate for captain depending on how far we go ;)

Seasonal Targets

Great going so far with the fake Hatters :thup:

I was down at KR for the first time last night actually, nice little ground you've got there, shame about the area. Anyway, KUTGW :)

haha brilliant, yeah its a sh*t ground to be fair but the atmosphere and everything else makes it a beauty!

I am not going to disagree with you about Luton, but that specific area around the stadium is possibly the worst around here :(

677.png

Luton Town FC

Transfer Window Review - 2014/2015

End Of August

Summary

npower Football League One - Table & Luton Fixtures : Once again have gone unbeaten in the league throughout August, winning 3 games and drawing 1. A few shaky performances but we are getting the points which is the main thing.

Carling Cup - Lost in the second round to 3-0 at West Brom.

Transfers

In

Steve Jennings (70k - Motherwell)

Andre Moritz (450k - Brighton)

Out

Robbie Willmott (Free)

Key Players

Gyliano Van Velzen - Coming from the left wing 2 goals in 4 games is a pretty good return. His delivery from the left & right is also spot on.

Jesse Joronen - Such a crucial playing in the side, very confident between the sticks and saves the side time and time again.

Jake Howells - I'm sure this guy will be captain next season, what a legend he is becoming at Luton.

Dean Bowditch - Has only played one game but is still showing why I have him in the side, GOALS.

In Other News...

- The biggest spenders in England were Liverpool, who spent £76 million.

- Most active side was Stevenage, signing no less than 15 players.

- Angel Di Maria joined Chelsea from Real Madrid for £21.5 million.

- Seydou Doumbia Joined Liverpool from Tottenham for £25 million.

- Pablo Zabaleta joined Manchester United from Palermo for £18.5 million.

- Rhodolfo joined Tottenham from Shakhtar for £14 million.

Seasonal Targets

677.png

Luton Town FC

Mid-Season Review - 2014/2015

Summary

npower Football League One - Table & Fixtures : Pretty good going in a solid position. It could be better as a lot of points have been dropped from games we should have easily won, but being in 5th place and only 7 points off the top means we could easily challenge for the title. I think the highlight so far this season would have to be beating first place Brighton in the last game we played in 2014 and also beating MK Dons in the sort of local Derby. Lets hope we can push on now and carry on our push for glory!

The FA Cup with Budweiser - Fixtures : Out of the competition we done so well in last year so I guess we are taking this one by the scruff of the neck now. We have not come up against any challenging opposition yet but I know we have underachieved in all of the games so far.

Carling Cup - Fixtures : A little let down by this but we fought hard against West Brom and was unlucky not to get a goal.

Johnstone Paint Trophy : Knocked out First Round South, absolute **** AGAIN.

Key Players

Marcello Trotta - What can I say, when he is on form he is THE best but when he isn't he is absolutely rubbish. Thankfully so far this season he is having a good spell in the side!

Jlloyd Samuel - Last season was not his best, but I think now he is at the top. One of his best half seasons for us so far!

Steve Jennings - He came into the side late during the transfer window but he has came in and shown his leadership almost from the off, running out as Captain when Pilko or Keane are out.

Jake Howells - He is here almost every update, not sure i need to explain I anymore.

In Other News..

- This time Wayne Rooney has won every award under the sun. Absolute Legend!

- Arsenal are top, then United, Tottenham & Liverpool follow.

- Barcelona & Real Madrid dominate... AGAIN!

- Napoli are taking Italy by storm.

- The rest of the leagues are textbook (look at the RL tables now lol).

Seasonal Targets

Archived