• Created
  • Last Reply

Game : Football Manager 2011 (PC)

Version : Official SI 11.1.1 patch

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• Australia (Hyundai A-League only)
  • China (First Division and above)
  • Hong Kong (China PR) (First Division only)
  • India (National Football League only)
  • Indonesia (First Division and above)
  • Malaysia (Premier League and above)
  • Singapore (S-League only)
  • South Korea (N-League and above)

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

Another year, another FM :D. With this years release I’ll be playing my save in Asia mainly due to my love of Asian football and the fond memories I have of living there. With this save I’ll be playing along side rancer’s Asian challenge rules but with the addition of a few more leagues to add some longevity to my save.

In this save, as always, I’ll be starting at the bottom and trying to work my way up the leagues. So, I holidayed for a year and took control of newly promoted Happy Valley Athletic Association of the Hong Kong First Division. While I want to stay at Happy Valley and attempt to take them as far as possible, if I do receive a job offer which is too good to turn down, I may decide to take it.

I hope you enjoy my journey. Comments are welcome :)

Openinggraphic.png

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          7th      -
2012/13  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          7th      -
2013/14  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners
2014/15  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      Lge Cup Winners
2015/16  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      FA Cup Winners
2016/17  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup winners, ACC Winners
2017/18  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      2nd      Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners
2018/19  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, FA Cup Winners, ACC Winners
2019/20  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners
2020/21  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2021/22  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup, FA Cup, ACC Winners
2022/23  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2023     Liaoning           Chinese National First Division   1st      Lge Champions
2024     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              3rd      FA Cup Winners
2025     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026/27  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League        -       ACL Winners
2027/28  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners

International Career Summary

Season   Team              Competiton   		Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2020	 Hong Kong	   Asian Challenge Cup		Winners
2021	 Hong Kong	   -				-
2022     Hong Kong	   Asian Challenge Cup		-

Trophy Cabinet

Asian Challenge Cup : 2020

Asian Champions League : 2026/27

Asian Confederation Cup : 2016/17, 2018/19, 2021/22

Hong Kong First Division : 2013/14, 2016/17, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22

Hong Kong Senior Shield : 2013/14, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2020/21

Hong Kong League Cup : 2014/15, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22

Hong Kong FA Cup : 2015/16, 2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22

Chinese Super League : 2025, 2026

Chinese National First Division : 2023

Chinese FA Cup : 2024

Australian A-League : 2027/28

Australian A-League Finals Series : 2027/28

HappyValley.png

Founded in 1950, Happy Valley Athletic Association are a professional Hong Kong (China PR) club currently playing in the Hong Kong First Division. The club play their home games at Kowloon Bay Park and possess basic training facilities and a very basic youth set up. The club also possess a youth academy and a limited youth recruitment network. The club retains a fierce rivalry with South China Athletic Association.

Enjoying their greatest spell of success during the 2000’s, Happy Valley have a history they can be proud of. Boasting a total of twenty two competition wins, here are just some of their highlights : Happy Valley won the Hong Kong (China PR) top division on six occasions and finished runners up on fifteen occasions, won the Senior Shield on five occasions and finished runners up on nine occasions, won the FA Cup in 2000 and 2004 and finished runners up on five occasions and won the League Cup in 2001 and finished runners up on five occasions.

KowloonBayPark.jpg

Kowloon Bay Park

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2011/12 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Hong Kong First Division : Board expectation - Fight bravely against relegation : Media expectation - 9th (out of 10)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Learn from the experience

Hong Kong League Cup : Learn from the experience

Hong Kong FA Cup : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £30k

Wage budget : £6.3k p/w

Current wage bill : £7k p/w

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2011/12 : Mid-season update

Hong Kong First Division : The first 6 months of my tenure haven’t been the easiest as we sit rooted to the bottom of the table after 8 games with only 1 win under our belt. We can’t keep a clean sheet, goals have been difficult to come by, confidence is rock bottom and 5 points at the halfway stage of the season is definitely relegation form. The media and fellow managers are tipping us for relegation and unless we have a dramatic turn around in form they could be right! We’ve got 10 games left to change things around or I’ll be looking for a new club at the end of the season.

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2011/12 : Review

Hong Kong First Division/Hong Kong First Division progress/Hong Kong First Division fixtures : So, after a very poor start to the season it looked as if relegation was a fore gone conclusion even as early as Christmas! And it didn’t look as if it was going to get any better as we continued to struggle for the next few games. But as April approached and with 5 games remaining we somehow turned our form around and picked up 13 points to save our skin on the last day of the season and avoided relegation thanks to our superior head to head results against Tai Po and Sun Hei. A very lucky escape!

Hong Kong Senior Shield : The board didn’t expect anything in this competition and neither did I. My focus this year was the league so I can’t say that I’m disappointed that we went out at the first hurdle.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group Stage : Again, the board didn’t expect anything in this competition either so it came as no real surprise that we failed to progress past the group stage. Still, the 5-0 hammering we received from rivals Sun Hei hurt a little :(.

Hong Kong FA Cup : Another cup and again the board didn’t expect anything. If I’m honest though I was disappointed to go out in the 1st round as we were much better than Second Division outfit Biu Chun but we failed to make our chances count.

Transfers : The squad was bereft of any kind of quality when I arrived and for us to have any chance of survival we needed to bring in that little bit of quality. So in came South Koreans Kang Hyo, Choi Jae-Won, Noh Seong-Hak, Ahn Seong-Hwan and Kim Dae-Hyun all from HongChun on free transfers, Du Longquan from Dalian for £1k, Leung Ngo Hin, Yip Chi Ho, Liu Songwei, Wang Zhenchuang and Lam Hok Hei all from Rangers (HKG) for a combined fee of £17k and Chao Pengfei who was signed at the end of the season from Sun Hei for a club record £16k.

Squad : The squad isn’t the greatest but the players ultimately did what was necessary and avoided relegation. There’s no doubt we need some improvements amongst the squad and I’ll be looking to do that during the summer. There’s no disputing that Ahn Seong-Hwan was our star player and without his goals we wouldn’t of survived.

Finances : The finances are looking pretty healthy as we sit £500k in profit.

Career Summary

Season   Team              League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           7th      -

Might remember i had a career thread for 09 and managed Happy Valley, so i'll be following.

So far not too great, but im sure things will get better :p hopefully anyway

Yeah I remeber that as I had a save (a very successful one) with Happy Valley on FM08 in which I managed to win the Asian Champions League.

Not a great season I know, but as you say...hopefully things will get better! :D

It's better than being relegated and you beat the media prediction!

Flamers

True Flamers. That's all I wanted in my first season...and maybe my second too! :D

What a brilliant name for a Club :D I'll be watching this one with interest. Well done on season one, and good luck for the future.

Cheers JonesMathew :thup:. I actually went to see Happy Valley play, it's actually a place on Hong Kong island. There's a racecourse there too...i've had many a good night there! :D

That's a sick OP there Raware. Did you make that? :cool:

Have a happy time at Happy Valley. :)

That Chinese character is dragon for anyone who had trouble reading that. :p

龙 is the simplified Chinese character for dragon if you can read Chinese and totally useless with that character in the OP...

I actually went to see Happy Valley play, it's actually a place on Hong Kong island. There's a racecourse there too...i've had many a good night there!

Gambling on horse racing is like a HK pastime in Happy Valley. The area is famous for that since the English translation of Happy Valley (跑馬地) is literally 'horse racing ground'.

Anyways, no more lessons on HK for now (:p), have fun in Asia Raware!!!

That's a sick OP there Raware. Did you make that? :cool:

Have a happy time at Happy Valley.

That Chinese character is dragon for anyone who had trouble reading that.

龙 is the simplified Chinese character for dragon if you can read Chinese and totally useless with that character in the OP...

Gambling on horse racing is like a HK pastime in Happy Valley. The area is famous for that since the English translation of Happy Valley (跑馬地) is literally 'horse racing ground'.

Anyways, no more lessons on HK for now , have fun in Asia Raware!!!

Cheers rancer, yeah I made the graphic in the OP, thought a nice Chinese character for dragon would look good seeing as the thread name is 'Way of the Dragon'! :D Thanks for helping out with the history of Happy Valley. It does indeed translate as 'horse racing ground' and makes for a fantastic Wednesday night out! :D

Let's just hope this save is as enjoyable! :p

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2012/13 : Preview

League expectation

Hong Kong First Division : Board expectation - Stay clear of relegation : Media expectation - 8th (out of 10)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Quarter Final

Hong Kong FA Cup : Quarter Final

Transfer budget : £52k

Wage budget : £8.25k p/w

Current wage bill : £8.9k p/w

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2012/13 : Mid-season update

Hong Kong First Division : A massive improvement from this time last year as we sit comfortably in mid-table. Although we’ve only managed 1 more win than at the same point as last year, we’ve only lost 1 and managed to turn the games we lost last year into draws. We’re scoring more, conceding less and there’s a certain belief amongst the squad. Still, there’s along way still to go and I’m fully aware of how quickly things could change. My only aim remains to reach the 20 point mark and avoid relegation…and we’ve got 9 games left to achieve that.

*won't say his thoughts and curse Raware*

Flamers

If we do take a turn for the worse and struggle in the second half of the season, I know who to blame now (even if you haven't said your thoughts out aloud!) ;):p

I'll give them whatever they want if it means they start playing!

Cheers DodgeeD. I'll be waiting for feedback on the second patch before I download it this time! Just to let you know Tai Po are struggling too.

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2012/13 : Review

Hong Kong First Division/Hong Kong First Division progress/Hong Kong First Division fixtures : With a solid start for us, this gave us a good chance of achieving the season’s objective of avoiding relegation. However, we struggled after Christmas and with no win in 6 for us, we became embroiled in another relegation fight. Whether nerves got the better of us or we simply weren’t good enough I’m not sure but the fact is that we managed to avoid relegation on the last day of the season again thanks to a 2-0 win over Pontic while Tai Po lost 2-0 to Tuen Mun. While obviously I’m delighted to have survived again, we shouldn’t have been that close to relegation after the good start we gave ourselves. Another lucky escape!

Hong Kong Senior Shield : The board was expecting us to reach the Quarter Finals this year and I’m glad that we achieved that.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group Stage : With no expectation in this cup the pressure was off us a little. While we failed to qualify from the group, at least we showed a bit of resilience to grind out two nil-nil’s.

Hong Kong FA Cup : A fantastic run saw us surpass the boards expectation as we reached the Semi Final where we were unlucky not to make it to the final. Some dodgy decisions cost us but I’m still pleased with our performance.

Transfers : The transfer windows were a lot quieter than last season as we brought in fewer players but more quality. In came Hong Kong nationals Wu Haopeng, Liu Quankun, Ju Yingzhi, Landon Ling (rancer will be pleased to hear that he has duel Canadian nationality :D), Law Chun Bong, Chan Yiu Lun and Andy Nagelein, China’s Wang Xuanhong for £18k and Brazilian Gilberto (who was offered to us by his agent) for a club record £26k from Corinthians.

Squad : As I said last season, we needed to make improvements to the squad and I feel that we’ve done that. We’ve got some quality in the squad now (well, quality for the Hong Kong league!) and I’m looking forward to seeing how they gel next season. While I’m relatively happy with the squad, we still need to make improvements to it if we’re to rid ourselves of the relegation tag.

Finances : The finances are looking a bit worse for wear as we’re losing a lot of money, mainly due to players’ wages. It’s something I’m going to have to keep my eye on in the future.

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           7th      -

Consistency in your league results though ;)

Flamers

I know...consistently bad! :p

At least you won more than 0 games Raware!!! :p

And Canadians rule. Good choice signing one.

Another Chinese-Canadian in FM is Gordon Chin. But I'm not sure if he would sign for Happy Valley (or a HK club for that matter).

That's true! I could always be as bad as you! :p

I don't think Gordon Chin is in my database; great name though!

Consistently better than relegation ;)

Flamers

True!

Tai Po relegated :(

Well done on staying up and the FA Cup semi though!

I did think of you when it was Tai Po who were relegated on the last day...better than it being us though! ;)

Raware, you should have stayed in Hong Kong! Nicky Butt is joining South China!!! :D

I know, I have a friend in HK who's a South China fan who told me earlier in the week. As you can imagine, he's a little bit excited!

Happy Valley again! Good luck Raware hopefully you can finish 7th again this season ;)

Cheers Sax. I holidayed for a year and Happy Valley were the newly promoted team so that's why i'm managing them. Hopefully I can have similar success with them as did last time on FM08 :D.

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2013/14 : Preview

League expectation

Hong Kong First Division : Board expectation - Stay clear of relegation : Media expectation - 9th (out of 10)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Quarter Final

Hong Kong FA Cup : Quarter Final

Asian Confederation Cup : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £44k

Wage budget : £9.6k p/w

Current wage bill : £10.6k p/w

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2013/14 : Mid-season update

Hong Kong First Division : We couldn’t have wished for a better start as we sit 3rd in the table, just 3 points of the top at the halfway stage of the season. Confidence amongst the squad is high, goals are flowing and with the board’s expectation being to avoid relegation, I’m confident that we can achieve that. While obviously that’s my aim too, we must look to take advantage of our great start to the season and push on to try and finish as high as possible in the league by the end of the season.

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2013/14 : Review

Hong Kong First Division/Hong Kong First Division progress/Hong Kong First Division fixtures : With a great first half of the season under our belts and the seasons objective of avoiding relegation almost certain, the pressure was off us a little for the second half of it. While I wanted us to try and carry our form through the remainder of the season, I didn’t expect us to maintain the kind of form that we did which saw us rack up win after win to take the title race to the final day. The fixture list pitted us against fellow title hopefuls South China on the last day with a win or a draw seeing the title go to them and a win sending the title our way. We somehow managed to ride our luck (as we did for most of the season) and thanks to an own goal from Choi Ka Siu the title was ours due to our superior head to head results against South China! :D An unbelievable season and one which has left me in shock!

Hong Kong Senior Shield : The board was expecting us to reach the Quarter Finals this year and I was expecting pretty much the same so for us to win the competition is a great achievement! We rode our luck a little but managed to claim the cup thanks to a 2-1 win over rivals South China.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group Stage : The board wanted us to learn from the experience in this competition and I think we did that with a win and a loss.

Hong Kong FA Cup : After last seasons great run which saw us reach the semi’s, I was hoping for a similar story this year. And we almost managed it, reaching the final only to lose 2-1 to rivals South China (revenge for their defeat in the Senior Shield final to us).

Asian Confederation Cup/Asian Confederation Cup Group Stage : With us winning the Senior Shield earlier in this season, this put us into the Confederation Cup. If I’m honest, we were no where near ready for this competition so I was a little surprised that we actually managed to qualify from the group stage. We were soon brought back down to earth in the second round though as Al-Jazeera from UAE taught us a lesson in football beating us 3-0.

Transfers : A few more faces arrived at the club this season, those being brothers Sham Kwok Keung and Sham Kwok Fai from Citizen for free. Au Yeung Yiu Chung and Bai He also joined on free transfers while Huang Xiyang joined for £18k from parent club Dalian.

Squad : While I’m happy with the squad, I never expected them to have enough quality to win the league and the cup! Needless to say, I’m delighted with how they gelled this season and I think confidence played a big part in their success. One in particular stand out player for us was Kang Hyo who finally started to do what I brought him here to do 3 seasons ago. He had a slow start with us scoring 3 goals in 2 seasons and I did start to question his role with us, but after netting 17 goals in 27 games for us this season, I can safely say that he’ll be staying with us!

Finances : The finances are looking a bit better for us but we need to start making some real profit if I want to start looking at bringing in some quality players to try and sustain a challenge for the league title every year.

Career Summary

2012/13  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           7th      -
2013/14  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           1st      League Champions, Senior Shield winners, FA Cup runners up

Congratz Raware! Didn't expect a league win in the 3rd season! Good luck next season and hope it's not a fluke. :)

Me niether rancer! I was expecting at least 9-10 years. I hope it's not a fluke either. The media have predicted us to finish 4th...i'll be happy to avoid relegation! :D

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2014/15 : Preview

League expectation

Hong Kong First Division : Board expectation - Respectable league position : Media expectation - 4th (out of 10)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Semi Final

Hong Kong League Cup : Semi Final

Hong Kong FA Cup : Semi Final

Asian Confederation Cup : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £54k

Wage budget : £12.1k p/w

Current wage bill : £12k p/w

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2014/15 : Mid-season update

Hong Kong First Division : Another fantastic start to the season has seen us remain unbeaten in the first 9 games, leaving us sitting 2nd in the table at the halfway mark of the season. With the board wanting a respectable league position by the end of the season, I’m confident that with 19 points already on the board, we can achieve that. I know we went on to claim the title last year but, without the risk of sounding too unambitious, I’m not even looking at that this year. If we can maintain our current form throughout the rest of the season and finish in the top 4, I’ll be happy.

Nice first half of the season Raware. Keep it up and maybe if South China slip and you don't, who knows where you will end up. :)

Cheers rancer but I'm afraid it's the same old story of South China just being too strong for everyone :(.

Archived