Your Football Manager Superstitions

I have a few.

I always draw the cup draws one team at a time, cos I believed I would be more likely to be at home that way.

I never put players on the shortlist so the comp doesnt know who I'm after, or tries to steal him.

Unless I sold the player with a sell on clause then I put them on the shortlist to encourage other teams to bid.

I used to always pause the game before making a sub, because I believed the AI would cheat and sneak a goal in.. its beyond coincidence how many times that happened.

And I wouldnt press the tactics button if the comp was on the ball as it seemed like it nearly always made them score.

I always started new signings first games from the bench as giving them a start on their debut seemed to make them have a worse season.

Theres been so many over they years I probably forget most of the crazy ones I had when I was younger.

Not really a superstition but I used to have the fake press conferences on the toilet like most other people probably do.

-Former players will always score against me

-Players will always end goal droughts against me

-If I ever consider or think about my keeper's clean sheet record, he'll concede in the next match

-Added time is the devil incarnate. If you're losing/drawing, and there's 2 minutes of added time, the game ends at 92:00. If the opposition is losing/drawing, and there's 2 minutes of added time, the game ends at 96:00 and your team will cordially invite the opposition into the back of your net

-Newgen youths are better than real youths

All these.

If there is a big game coming up, like a CL semi or a rival title match then i would make myself a coffee and get out some of my imported english lollies (midget gems or wine gums) to enjoy the match with my headphones on for added atmosphere

ps. oh and before the game, i make sure the kids are setup watching a movie or playing outside so they don`t interupt me for the next 20 odd minutes haha.

I always urinate in the same pint glass whenever I am hiding in the shed at the back of the garden doing an FM14 all nighter, while hiding from my wife while she looks after our recently born triplets.

She thinks I am on business in the city, but I actually lost my job 4 months ago.

If a pigeon lands on the roof of said shed, I send off a speculative job application to my local U12s football team, complete with exported statistics stretching back to a treble winning season in CM 00/01, spearheaded by Martin Palermo.

:lol::applause:

Archived