FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

Llew - That's a really good start, and what a win over Mallorca! Shame about Baptista but as you said, Isco should be able to fill the void in his absence.

23rd23 - Wow, that is a very attacking formation. Glad it's working well for you.

So Adam Johnson just started his first league game. Scored 2 and set up 1 in a brilliant 4-0 away win over Osasuna.

Martin Montoya is, annoyingly, abysmally low on confidence, so I don't think his head is up for first-team football just yet. As I said, I've never been too happy with Sanchez so I am considering trying for another RB. I've been quoted £3.8m for Ivan Bandalovski, who looks really solid. He'll do.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arghh! **** you Valencia :mad: They beat me to sign Botia :( In battle with Porto and Leverkusen over Vertonghen.

Bringing in new keeper and left back for next season :) Might look for another MC as we're short at MC.

EDIT: Signed Vertonghen for 8.7M :D

Officially half way through season 2 now, and I'm happy to announce that it looks like my January transfers have given the necessary lift the team needed to avoid the dreaded mid-season dip.

Especially with football as wonderfully fluid as this:

[video=youtube;CQHYOHKdwAI]

After me: one, two... WOOF!

Llew - That's a really good start, and what a win over Mallorca! Shame about Baptista but as you said, Isco should be able to fill the void in his absence.

So Adam Johnson just started his first league game. Scored 2 and set up 1 in a brilliant 4-0 away win over Osasuna.

Martin Montoya is, annoyingly, abysmally low on confidence, so I don't think his head is up for first-team football just yet. As I said, I've never been too happy with Sanchez so I am considering trying for another RB. I've been quoted £3.8m for Ivan Bandalovski, who looks really solid. He'll do.

Cheers; I was, to say the least, delighted with the win over Mallorca. They're a tricky team on the best of days so, to knock 6 past them is wonderfully good for me and my squad :thup: Well, Isco has shown some impressive performances and looks ready to make that step-up to become a regular first-team player.

Great introduction for Adam Johsnon there to the Málaga faithful. I'm sure he will be a important player for your side. Also, have you brought in Montoya to become a first-teamer or as a back-up to Jesús Gámez? Good Luck mate :)

Club are now in 16M in red :( Selling Buonanotte to various clubs for 2M and Fernandez to Parma for 1.8M IF he accepts their contract. Just bid for Lansbury from Arsenal. We're 137K over the wage budget. We're going on tour to Australia to play Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory, Gold Coast Utd and Brisbane Roar. Will get 825K from it.

Can't believe I missed out on Guardado on free :( Just had a news that he went to Liverpool on free transfer.

LOL Barca signed Manuel Almunia :eek:

EDIT 1: Only got 1.5M to spend this season :/

Joe, are you planning on making a Málaga save? :thup:

I've loaded one up and had a look round at some signings, making a shortlist etc.

Just need to get round to getting going. I'm very into my Granada save but its nearly the end of the season so could well get going in the morning.

Following the thread religiously though!! :D

Great introduction for Adam Johsnon there to the Málaga faithful. I'm sure he will be a important player for your side. Also, have you brought in Montoya to become a first-teamer or as a back-up to Jesús Gámez? Good Luck mate :)

And he is. In 3 league starts, he has scored 2 and assisted 2. He's going to be huge for the club.

Real Madrid are having an absolute shocker this season, and we are taking full advantage:

24xpbb8.jpg

Win this next game and we will be a full 8 points ahead of Madrid. Yes, we will then be 4 points behind Barca, but they are so freakishly good that may as well be 40.

So happy with my squad. I have two very good XI's:

First choice:

72azpe.jpg

And second choice:

5znvae.jpg

Plus, the following as extra rotation:

Camacho

Badu

Wilfried

Dos Santos

Recio (out on loan)

Juanmi (out on loan)

Isco (out on loan)

Fierro (out on loan)

And he is. In 3 league starts, he has scored 2 and assisted 2. He's going to be huge for the club.

Real Madrid are having an absolute shocker this season, and we are taking full advantage:

24xpbb8.jpg

Win this next game and we will be a full 8 points ahead of Madrid. Yes, we will then be 4 points behind Barca, but they are so freakishly good that may as well be 40.

So happy with my squad. I have two very good XI's:

First choice:

72azpe.jpg

And second choice:

5znvae.jpg

Plus, the following as extra rotation:

Camacho

Badu

Wilfried

Dos Santos

Recio (out on loan)

Juanmi (out on loan)

Isco (out on loan)

Fierro (out on loan)

How you finding Vass mate? What season are you in? If your a couple in do you fancy sharing a screenshot?

He started very slowly for me but has made the centre of the park his own now turning out impressive displays and attracting interest from all sorts of different parties.

I'm only mid-way through season 2 at the moment, so I could upload screens for you but probably wouldn't be worth much!

Vass has been solid for me. In the first season I played with an Anchor and he did well there, however with this new formation the defensive ball-winner role is one that Toulalan has excelled at, leaving Vass as backup. He's been good whenever called up though, and I'm hoping to keep hold of him to eventually have him as first choice when Toulalan starts to lose his legs.

I've loaded one up and had a look round at some signings, making a shortlist etc.

Just need to get round to getting going. I'm very into my Granada save but its nearly the end of the season so could well get going in the morning.

Following the thread religiously though!! :D

Oh, I wouldn't want to disrupt a Granada save that you have gotten into so, there's no rush to get into a Málaga save - carry on with your Granada save until when you feel like changing across to Málaga. Although, I am glad to hear that you're interested in Málaga and the thread :)

Back to my save, which is going well so far, here is the fixture list for the remaining dregs in October and the whole of November;

novemberfixtures.png

This period may be crucial for the run-in; I have a few ideas in mind for that encounter with a member of the 'Big Two', Madrid. I intend on playing that 4-2-1-3 formation, that worked well against Athletic Bilbao, in an attempt to numb any oppositions attacks. Generally, I'm 'pleased' with my draw for the Copa del Rey. Although, saying that, Sporting Gijón could pose a string challenge and I will have to be wary of their strengths. Maybe I'll have another monthly update tonight but, I doubt it :D

Oh, I wouldn't want to disrupt a Granada save that you have gotten into so, there's no rush to get into a Málaga save - carry on with your Granada save until when you feel like changing across to Málaga. Although, I am glad to hear that you're interested in Málaga and the thread :)

I often have a couple of saves on the go, think it gets me understanding the game from different perspectives :)

Really? Good Luck. Are you going to do anything differently this time around?

Joe, are you planning on making a Málaga save? :thup:

Erm i might go and look at the players threads for some ideas, main objective is to sign Tevez again maybe.

And yeah Joe i plan on using the sugerdaddy.

I often have a couple of saves on the go, think it gets me understanding the game from different perspectives :)

Same; I always seem to have at least 2 saves going but, surprisingly, I've resisted temptation and only have a Málaga save :D Anyway, no need to rush; take your time.

It's the moment where legends are made; Málaga meet José Mourinho's Real Madrid at La Rosaleda - VAMOS MÁLAGA!

Oh dear! :(

Not going to sign anymore players this season due to tight transfer and wage budget. Only brought in 4 players this season.

Its going to keep going like that until you make the CL Knockout rounds. The small stadium and cheap tickets mean that you can't cover your team's wages through match day earnings

right i need some young players you guys have signed?

Currently bought the 2 players i wanted.

If you are looking to remain Spanish-based, I would recommend the following;

Gerard Deulofeu - Winger - Barça

Juan Muñiz - Attacking Midfielder - Sporting Gijón

Jordi Amat - Centre-Half - Espanyol

Good Night; FM all night tomorrow :D

With Skyrim coming out today and my quest to win every Champions League trophy on a different FM save I will not have as much time for my Malaga save. I will get back into it in a few weeks just thought I would pop in to wish everyone good luck.

damn, finished my first liga in 4° position but didn't get any money for the new season. I would have liked to buy at least one between damiao, sandro, gotze or papadopoulos but my only IN player will be carlos fierro, bought last year. How can i beat barca and real this way? ç_ç

damn, finished my first liga in 4° position but didn't get any money for the new season. I would have liked to buy at least one between damiao, sandro, gotze or papadopoulos but my only IN player will be carlos fierro, bought last year. How can i beat barca and real this way? ç_ç

Dont worry, pretty much everyone here finished 3rd or 4th in their first season. And you'll likely get some money in January to spend. Maybe spend the next 6 months unsettling your targets?

Málaga Club de Fútbol – End of Season Update - 2016/17

Just a season after only managing to win the Copa Del Rey, this season was far more successful for Los Boquerones. Lead by stars such as Angel Di Maria, Carlos Tevez, Paulo Azevedo, Juan Mata, Carlos Fierro and the home-grown Juanmi, Malaga won no less than 4 trophies (including the Supercopa in the pre-season).

La Liga

The league came down to the wire. With 3 left to be played and just a 3 point margin over second placed Real Madrid, Malaga travelled to the Camp Nou to the underachieving (compared to their standards) Barcelona. Losing that game 1-0, partially thanks to the sending off of young LW Jair de la Torre, it left Malaga and R. Madrid separated by their Head-to-Head record. Los Boquerones managed to win the last two games against Villarreal and rivals Betis to claim their 3rd league win in 6 years.

League17.png

Copa Del Rey

The road to the Copa Del Rey final was fairly simple, with us not losing a single game and only conceding 6 goals in the 9 games we played (3 of those were in 1 game). Juanmi (7 goals), Santi Cazorla (7 assists) and Martin Montoya (7.74 Average Rating) all performed well in this competition.

CopaDelRey17.png

UEFA European Champions League

The Knock-out stages of the Champions League were surprisingly not as difficult as it could have been. Again, 6 goals were conceded, this time in 7 games. We maintained 3 clean sheets in those 7 games also.

However, the best result was achieved in the final against 12 time winners Real Madrid. A Carlos Fierro hat trick and a superb 25yd free kick from wonderkid Carlos Marini lead Malaga to its second win in a great 4-1 victory.

UCL17.png

Squad

squad17.png

I don’t foresee too much change to this squad, with Carlos Tevez, Salomon Rondon, Martin Montoya and back-up keeper Yury Gavrilov the only potential sales. Mario Gotze might be a potential purchase if I do sell those players, with a scout informing me that he may be available for £45m

Ok so I've decided to try my luck in managing Malaga and I have to say that this is the best mid-table team career I've played so far. I'm on half way to the end of the season and I haven't had so big joy since FM 2010.

1. TRANSFERS:

IN:

Emre Can 250K - Very good prospect, but has big problems to adapt

Wilfried 2.5M - He is beast. So far he has 12 assists and 9 goals in 12 matches. Absolutely amazing buy.

Andersen Lucas 725K - Hot young player, he's playing in my U-19.

Vrsaljko Sime 2.9M - Very good backup for Games and Monreal. He is trying to get into my first team.

Kara 2.8M - I love him since FM 11. He is the wall, clearing most of dangerous situations in my penalty area.

Badejl 4M - Very solid, developing box-to-box midfielder. So far has average of 7.27, in 15 games with 5 goals and 1 assist.

Willian 7.5M (one from Shakhtar) - First time I buy him and he convinced me to get him every game. 13(5) games, 7 goals, 11 assists, 7.84 average, and he's only 23 years old.

TOTAL: 20.5M

Outs:

Recio - loan

Eliseu to West Ham for 3.2M

I was worried because Caballero seemed to be average, but he is superb in my game. I'm conceding a lot of goals, but he is doing wonders anyway.

FEW SCREENS:

0ynqD.png

B5uLP.png

X9H6x.png

GbOP7.png

I was unbeaten for 16 games, and in my last league match before the winter's break I've lost 1:0 to Valencia. :/

Archived