FM 2143

T.R.F.C.

Originally posted by Canabary:

.... Man Utd in conference?! unacceptable! When did they start doing so poorly? What manager managed to drive one of the richest clubs in the world into the gutter like that?!?!?!?

I feel compelled to save them....

It was similar to the decline of Leeds - financial ruin. Charlie Brotherton took them down to the Championship and Gary Mimms got them relegated in successive seasons to take them into League Two. They became a non-league club under Curtis Allen. Craig Bush caused them to yo-yo between the Conference and Conference North. They are now an average mid-table Conference North side that still has a large debt! Let me know if you can get them back up - that would be a great achievement!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Randdalf:

Theoretically, if 1 season takes say 10 mins to simulate, you could go to the year 3000 in 10000 mins, which is 166 hours, which is 7 days (approx). Anybody haev the facilities to leave a save file running for 7 days non-stop?

That isn't completely accurate. As the histories and other files which take up memory start to build up, it can take up to an hour to get through a single season in holiday mode.

Originally posted by Shiny223:

Looks good, downloaded the 2031 database, looks fun.

How is Cardiff doing in your current year, mate? icon_biggrin.gif

Blue Square Premier - in the Premiership in the 07 version though!

Originally posted by T.R.F.C.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randdalf:

Theoretically, if 1 season takes say 10 mins to simulate, you could go to the year 3000 in 10000 mins, which is 166 hours, which is 7 days (approx). Anybody haev the facilities to leave a save file running for 7 days non-stop?

That isn't completely accurate. As the histories and other files which take up memory start to build up, it can take up to an hour to get through a single season in holiday mode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, I suppose that would be a problem. You can run a game without recording histories can't you (even though that would be pretty pointless)?

Have Portsmouth ever got relegated?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T.R.F.C.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randdalf:

That isn't completely accurate. As the histories and other files which take up memory start to build up, it can take up to an hour to get through a single season in holiday mode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, I suppose that would be a problem. You can run a game without recording histories can't you (even though that would be pretty pointless)?

Have Portsmouth ever got relegated? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but as you said, that defeats the purpose

Portsmouth have been relegated a few times but have never gone below the championship. They're in the Premiership right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet even if you did that, Leicester would still be in the Championship.

Great idea mate, can't wait to see the FM08 results.

How are Leicester doing in the FM07 version? Still in the Championship I bet, lol.

Looking at the various leagues on the original 2007 game, it's interesting to notice some match-ups in the same division.

For example, AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons both in the same league.

And Cambridge United, Cambridge City and Histon all in League 2! Some cracking local derbies there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JordanA24:

How are Leicester doing in the FM07 version? Still in the Championship I bet, lol.

Spot On! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, how typical. Did they actually move at all? Any significant highlights?

Originally posted by JordanA24:

Yeah, they've been up there on quite a few occasions. Could use another Iain Hume to get them back though - hope your enjoying him in the present!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JordanA24:

Yeah, they've been up there on quite a few occasions. Could use another Iain Hume to get them back though - hope your enjoying him in the present! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's good, bit off recently, but he'll be back to his best soon I bet, well, I hope he is, we're not quite the same without him.

T.R.F.C icon_smile.gif

please upload these saved-game files (i really want to view it) to "http://ifile.it/" (a superb host that you can use IDM with amazing speed)

filefront block ip from VietNam icon_frown.gif

thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much

PS: sorry for my bad English icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by serene9999:

T.R.F.C icon_smile.gif

please upload these saved-game files (i really want to view it) to "http://ifile.it/" (a superb host that you can use IDM with amazing speed)

filefront block ip from VietNam icon_frown.gif

thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much

PS: sorry for my bad English icon_smile.gif

I will upload it, serene. I'm sorry to hear that filefront blocks your ip. Unfortunatley, my save is 125MB. ifile.it only lets me upload files that are smaller than 100MB. icon_frown.gif I've compressed it as much as I can but I can't make it smaller than 125MB. Is there another host that you can access that will allow uploaded files over 125MB? Or does anyone know a save game compressor for FM 08? I can't find one.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Pippo + +:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">T.R.F.C.

Hi, TRFC, I'm quite interested in your saved game. I followed your link. But it seems that your file cannot be downloaded now.

Any help is great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. Are you sure? It still works for me. What do you mean by "cannot be downloaded"?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived