I need a new Challenge!!

I spent 3 years at Man Utd with the aim of becoming Crystal Palace Manager...

Crazy I know but I wanted a good reputation and I have done it from 2010/11 season as palace and that was easy...

in the 2013/14 season I am manager of Palace/England top of league one after they spent 2 seasons flirting with relegation but once I have achieved champs league etc which I think would be around 6-7 years time I need a new challenge...

I was thinking of resigning as Palace then applying for a position lower in the the leagues and try make them great or start a new save altogether...

Anyone have any suggestions??

Start at the bottom and try to become Palace manager!

I started as an unemployed ex pro boss (you don't always get the big jobs straight off) and one of my aims is to become Bournemouth boss. You could start as an ex semi-pro boss but it might take a while to get to a level you can manage Palace, but as an ex pro you can always be more selective in where you go and build a reputation the hard way.

Alternatively, if you are in to a long, long game then start right at the bottom and go manage in the lowest divisions of the Scandinavian leagues and try to become good enough to be taken on by a big team somewhere. The Norwegian Second Division is fun. One of my most memorable games was as Skarp manager in Norway, and I played a game as KFUM Oslo manager where I got a job offer from Inverness Caley Thistle. They were gerat saves.

Another idea I tried once was loading the whole of Europe and making yourself Eastern European. Start at some obscure team in Eastern Europe and try to make it to the big leagues in the west. You can do this with a low manager rep or start as an ex pro. I've done both but each game was cut a bit short. First time out I started as Koper manager in Slovenia and eventually landed the Dinamo Kiev job. Then it was Juventus Bucharest in Romania as an ex semi-pro. That game didn't last.

Worth a thought.

in the 2013/14 season I am manager of Palace/England top of league one after they spent 2 seasons flirting with relegation but once I have achieved champs league etc which I think would be around 6-7 years time I need a new challenge...

I'm confused.

You're top of league 1, but think you can win the CL in 6-7 seasons time, and want a challenge for when that happens in 6-7 years time?

I'm confused.

You're top of league 1, but think you can win the CL in 6-7 seasons time, and want a challenge for when that happens in 6-7 years time?

dont tell me you dont look 6-7 years forward when your playing FM??!!

How can you make any long term plans for your career? ;)

:D It's an oddity if I plan any further than 6 months in advance.

haha if i plan a week in advance im doing well, i've lost count of the number of times i have arranged reserve games the day before a cup tie against a lower league team which means i have to play my top players in the cup games rather than give the youth experience.

I spent 3 years at Man Utd with the aim of becoming Crystal Palace Manager...

Crazy I know but I wanted a good reputation and I have done it from 2010/11 season as palace and that was easy...

I was thinking of resigning as Palace then applying for a position lower in the the leagues and try make them great or start a new save altogether...

Anyone have any suggestions??

Start a journeyman save.

Try Blyth Spartans from the BSN. I have been having a hoot with them trying to get them into the top flight.

This is a great save. i had one with them and loved it.

managed t get them to league 2 in 5 seasons but accidentally messed up my save. i will be starting another soon. best save i have had on fm11 just in front of my journeyman save.

So your after a new challenge...

See if you can take an Asian league INto the top 10 in the world.

That would be fun, if it wasn't impossible as SI completely buggered up the dynamic league reputation for Asia. Don't worry, I've checked!

Archived