Interest in my players - No bids

Tell me you are joking, right? Not being able to sell an obviously good player for one to two seasons is a problem with this game.

Simply put I don't have that problem as I can sell players.

Different people have different ideas about how transfers should work, however FM won't change so the users need to adapt to the games way of thinking or they'll always have these sort of issues.

Funny thing happen in my current save.

I'm managing Benfica, and im current in year 2015 (july). From the star of the save, many teams have been showing interest in Coentrão. I had him with a release clause of 30M€.

So, as i said, from the start of the save, many teams show interest, few teams actualy bid for him... and the bids were for values very low (10M, 15M).

Until, this season, start of season 6, and Man City, splash 30M, beat the release clause... and buy Coentrão.

It's was the first time i sell a player for his release clause in FM2011! :D

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned here are transfers between different leagues and/or countries. I dearly love playing in my national league of Austria and this circumstance does offer the possibility of additional (international) interest in a select few of my players. What I'm talking about is easily explained:

Take any number of players that are at the top of their game and perform (way) above the league average and you'll see many international clubs creeping around looking for a cheap deal. Why is it cheap? Because one of those players may be valued only 1-2 million Euro here in Austria. Sell him to any club in the top leagues of England, Spain or Italy and look him up 6 to 12 months later and he'll be valued 6-15 million guaranteed. Buying those players for value or sometimes even a bit above is certainly much cheaper than looking for a similarily strong player within the league. This has been the same ever since I started playing FM and it certainly is one way to acquire additional interest in your squad. International offers only work really well if you're having a good run though, and sometimes I even get the chance to sell my star player for 3 times his value if I use lots of contract clauses with a very persistent club.

If one discounts those international offers, then very few transfer offers are left. It's only after reading this whole thread that I saw how bad the situation is in Europe's top leagues which I rarely play for more than a few seasons. Kudos to all of you who suffer in the Premiership, maybe you should give those smaller scottish or irish leagues a try and still remain close to home? ;)

I have the opposite problem, I'm getting too many bids for some of my players. I wish they would stop so my players would settle down and stop requesting improved contracts.

But yes, what you are experiencing doesn't sound right.

This.

It's a joke, Modric signed a new 5 year contract on like 60 odd thousand and 2 weeks later Man City & Utd are back interested & tryna unsettle my star player..

I think offering players out is the only way to sell players. I recently sold 3 players for a combined £94.5 million but I had to offer them out despite a lot of interest from the AI there were no bids until I offered them out.

Yup, AI will just sit around doing nothing but producing news items declaring an interest in your player or admiring them.

The transfer system is broken for sure.

I think offering players out is the only way to sell players. I recently sold 3 players for a combined £94.5 million but I had to offer them out despite a lot of interest from the AI there were no bids until I offered them out.

I sold players without offering them out, so it definitely possible.

Still, My striker is 3 times golden boot winner and 4 times topscorer, yet no offer is made for him. So there's absolutely something wrong with the transfer system.

I sold players without offering them out, so it definitely possible.

Still, My striker is 3 times golden boot winner and 4 times topscorer, yet no offer is made for him. So there's absolutely something wrong with the transfer system.

I don't see any offers being made for the likes of Rooney or Messi either IRL, does that mean there is something wrong with the RL transfer system as well?

Why are Spurs trying to sign Berbatov & not Rooney?

Why are Sunderland trying to sign O'Shea, Brown & Gibson instead of Fabio, Evra & Fletcher?

Before saying you should be receiving offers for your striker you need to give thought as to who your team are and which teams you could possibly sell him to.

As anyone who frequents the LLM forum will know, I've been playing lower league recently and I have to say the experience is completely different.

I'm regularly turning down offers of double a player's value, and will only accept if they triple the value or more (3 players sold so far).

I don't see any offers being made for the likes of Rooney or Messi either IRL, does that mean there is something wrong with the RL transfer system as well?

Why are Spurs trying to sign Berbatov & not Rooney?

Why are Sunderland trying to sign O'Shea, Brown & Gibson instead of Fabio, Evra & Fletcher?

Before saying you should be receiving offers for your striker you need to give thought as to who your team are and which teams you could possibly sell him to.

I'm Olsa Brakel, top team of Belgium, in europa my goal is to reach the CL group stages. So, I'm sure a European subtopper would want him.

When in Belgium someone wins the Golden boot, it almost always equals a foreign transfer.

I personally think one of the problems is that people read the papers who LOVE to make up stories of bids and contract offers in order to sell papers and expect the transfer market in FM to reflect this, the reality of the situation is far less exciting. There are not tons of bids of players constantly, Charlie Adam was one of the most sought after midfielders in the prem league last season, we read everyday in the paper about the countless number of teams wanting to buy him, yet Blackpool rejected 1 bid that was nothing near their valuation of the player. There has been no mass bidding war for him or anything, Neymar, apparently one of the most exciting players in world football, yet only Chelsea and maybe Real have put bids in for him, now if someone was to play as Santos and tried to sell Neymar and only got two offers can you imagine the outcry on here.

I'm Olsa Brakel, top team of Belgium, in europa my goal is to reach the CL group stages. So, I'm sure a European subtopper would want him.

When in Belgium someone wins the Golden boot, it almost always equals a foreign transfer.

Yes, presuming the league reps haven't altered too much in your save you would expect top clubs in England, Italy, Spain, Germany & France to be targeting him.

You do find there are certain players for some reason that don't seem to garner much interest from other clubs, I suspect he perhaps has quite a low rep and probably a lowish CA/PA compared to his performances as well. You get the best out of his abilities but unfortunately the transfer AI doesn't recognise this when choosing the targets.

Archived