How To Play FM07: Tactical Design and Management Strategy

Can I ask a question -

Lets say I go Newcastle or Man United - Would you make any team tweeks or leave as is and just change poession, control etc pending on team playing against???

reason - The above poor run maybe due to my team changes but I didnt change much - But people like Joey Barton I out on Rare run with ball, full backs no crossing (very poor)

should I have a target man listed in the menu e.g. not ticked but in the box nect to free role??

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't seem to get the link at the main post for the tactics set to work. Is it still up or is there an alternative link somewhere?

Guest BeanCounter

Long time poster, but 1st time on FM2007- I tend to start playing one version right before they release the next (and RL tends to take in between). Anyhow, wanted to congratulate wwfan on another absolutely blinding piece of work. The 4-4-2 Scenario based formation is exactly how I have always liked playing the game- even back when a super tactic was all you needed- I still like to tinker depending on home / away / opposition / relative strengths etc.

When I played FM2007 about 6-12 months ago, I got really disheartened and just left it. About a month ago, was digging through a few posts on the SI boards and I found "How To Play FM07: Tactical Design and Management Strategy". What can I say? Sheer brilliance- has changed it from a game that is overcomplicated, fussy and pretty damn boring to play (imo) to one that is now challenging, rewarding and, has been pretty effective for me.

Anyways, I liked it so much, I condensed the thread into notes initially, then a full tactics manual (posted here with the approval of wwfan). Obviously none of it is my work, I don't take any credit for it (I have neither the time, dedication or FM Knowledge to come up with these opinions), but thought that as its been useful to me, maybe it'll be useful for someone else returning to the game.....

Tactic Manual: wwfan’s Scenario 4-4-2 (TTF RoO RoT Play FM)

wwfan - I'm playing in portugal as Sporting and it's very rare you come up against 4-4-2, the portugeese teams come up with some wacky and wonderful formations, what would you suggest using against 4-2-3-1 home/away for example? Also what would you play against a team with short farrows at home and your the better team on paper as you only mention them playing it away in the opening post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeanCounter:

Long time poster, but 1st time on FM2007- I tend to start playing one version right before they release the next (and RL tends to take in between). Anyhow, wanted to congratulate wwfan on another absolutely blinding piece of work. The 4-4-2 Scenario based formation is exactly how I have always liked playing the game- even back when a super tactic was all you needed- I still like to tinker depending on home / away / opposition / relative strengths etc.

When I played FM2007 about 6-12 months ago, I got really disheartened and just left it. About a month ago, was digging through a few posts on the SI boards and I found "How To Play FM07: Tactical Design and Management Strategy". What can I say? Sheer brilliance- has changed it from a game that is overcomplicated, fussy and pretty damn boring to play (imo) to one that is now challenging, rewarding and, has been pretty effective for me.

Anyways, I liked it so much, I condensed the thread into notes initially, then a full tactics manual (posted here with the approval of wwfan). Obviously none of it is my work, I don't take any credit for it (I have neither the time, dedication or FM Knowledge to come up with these opinions), but thought that as its been useful to me, maybe it'll be useful for someone else returning to the game.....

Tactic Manual: wwfan’s Scenario 4-4-2 (TTF RoO RoT Play FM) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Link is not available

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sannyasin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeanCounter:

Tactic Manual: wwfan’s Scenario 4-4-2 (TTF RoO RoT Play FM) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Link is not available </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean there is no file I need to download

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

I have added it to FMDownloads. It is very good and has a much more logical format than my unstructured meandering.

I heartily recommend it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No update. same zip file(same date)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

I have added it to FMDownloads. It is very good and has a much more logical format than my unstructured meandering.

I heartily recommend it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find it.

I have a question. In your theory, you set freerole from control to counter tactic. I wonder if that freerole setting is efficient because each players has different freerole attribute. what do you think ?

maybe it'll be useful for someone else returning to the game.....

thanks! im just returning to the game after like 9 months ha.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to put forward the general issue of individual attributes and if they should influence these elaborate tactical theorems.

Should i, for example, set a player's passing on short regardless of his individual passing attribute? Another example: a player with low decision should invariably try through balls often, just because the theorem says so?

To put my question in a general context: Should i take into account crucial individual atributes when setting a player's instructions? If yes, how much? Just a tweak or a major adjustment? I think the question of the importance of individual attributes brings the factor of relativity into the design of any tactical theorem. If this consideration brings too much relativity into play, then i think the game will border the sphere of uncertainty, making the design of tactical theorems useless. We all know this is not the case, since certain theorems certainly bare fruits. On the other hand i would like to believe that the parameters of the theorems are not to be followed as if they were written in stone, and that the game is so complex, challenging, and thus interesting and realistic, as to allow for deeper elaborations on the basis of individual attributes.

I would really like to know what other people think about this, and how (and if) they make allowance for individual attributes when applying theorems. Thanks

That's sort of the whole point about a theorem. It isn't written in stone. Rather, it is an idea (or set of ideas) hypothesizing about a scenario and how to best perform within that scenario. If you try to follow the ideas and like what you see then the theorem holds water. If you feel you can better it by changing instructions based on individual attributes then you should try. After doing so you can make a qualitative judgement as to the success of you adaptation.

WWFan. I haven't been on here for a while but have a question about using these tactics with Barcelona.

I know they can be extremely effetive because I dominated everthing wtih them as Inter.

But - Barcelona's main central midfielders Deco, Xavi and Iniesta aren't really good tackling wise so I feel the opposition will run right through our midfield.

Would it be best advised to buy a tough style midfielder such as Essien/Vieira or would the tactics succeeed with Barcelona's current batch of players in your opinion. I assume such a midfielder would be best employed in the MCl position?

Oh one more. If your main strike pairing is Henry and Eto'o where would the most skillful one (Henry) be best positioned to make the most out of the tactics, FCL or FCR?

WWfan

Your tatics are great, very effective. However ther are certin styles that stumpt me. example i played liverpool away who are expected to come top 5. I am expected to win the leauge. currently i am 3rd and they are 2nd. The formation they play looks very defensive, it is 4 defs, 2 def mids, 2 mids R/L then 2 attackers, also no arrows. Normally i would go control but i find their style is contrast with their formation, i.e. they really came at me.

Another example is middlesborough who are expected to fight relegation, the play the creativo formation, 4 2 3 1, no arrows, to me this is an attacking formation however the're style is to defend. The problem i have with these is that i have to try and press the game to get something, so i try possession or attack, however as they have 4 attacking players, as soon as they break they have 4 on 4 and tend to score.

Any ideas on how to play teams that play contrasting formations to style of play?

Thanks

What a great tactic.....currently Villa who are now 3rd in season 1.

The only concern I have is the poor defence record. I conceed a goal every game...from United to Derby....everygame.....

Ive even changed my defence and bought fat players.....

Any help would be great....

GK, Sorenson

LB Bouma

Zebina CB

Cahill CB

RB Delaney

Athoney Gardner,

Rigewell

Zebina is quick...

Theres no pattern just conceed all the time

wwfan: I greatly appreciate this thread. It gives me a methadology which I can use, and, to be honest, I can't believe I never thought of an event-based system before.

I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to get my creative players at Manchester United fullying functioning. I use the new update, so now have Nani, Anderson & Tevez at the club. It is giving me more than a few headaches.

Ideally, I would like to give high creative freedom to all the creative players that I play. However, I realise that this will result in some disjointed play - proved when I tried it. How would you go about alloting creative freedom for a team full of creative players?

I'm current thinking between a 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-3. I'm not sure whether to play a high tempo, to give the players more freedom to move, or a slow tempo, to give the players more time to do their stuff. I'm also very unsure about forward runs. Would high forward runs put them in front of the ball, making them less influencial? How would alocate forward runs?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I feel that, once I have the basics sorted, I can actually complete a season with my favourite club.

PS. I have, finally, at long, long last, completed a season on FM 07. I played with Hearts, going unbeaten in the League, winning both domestic cups, and getting to the UEFA Cup quarter-finals, before being defeated 1-0 on aggreggate to Bayern Munich. Thanks for this thread - it has ensured that I have kept my sanity intact, and actually got some enjoyment out the game!

wwfan: First of all, thanks for a great tactic set icon_smile.gif.

Well my concern is about away games, i usually have a hard time scoring away aswell as i conced to much away (im playing man utd).

against 4-4-2 sfarrows, i use attack (usually). and i'll change to poession when the opponent change to lfarrows.

What am i doing wrong ?.

btw whould you recommend a playmaker or ML/MR swaps.

Thanks in advance

Try not to pick tactics just according to formation style. League positions and pre-match odds are key to getting things right. Why would you go away to Man Utd and choose attack? Suicidal. Counter unless you are much better or much worse than them (respectively Possession/Defend). Don't try to attack away from home, unless you are clear favourites.

Season One: The defence needs time to gel. Perfect man-management is the only way to really help in this situation.

FWRS: Control needs all the wide players on Often, FCs on mixed/rarely, with three cover players. The other MC you can choose which settings best suit.

Tempo: Less chances but ones of quality: slow. More chances, but often half-chances: fast.

Creative Freedom: Max 3 players on >15, can have a fair number on 10. I would tend to have the defence much lower. Who needs creative grunts??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

Well i am man utd icon_biggrin.gif, thats why im using attack since im clear favorits at most matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Define clear favourites! I would have to be serious odds on to win to try attack away from home. I would be much more likely to use Control as it keeps hold of the ball.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

Well i am man utd icon_biggrin.gif, thats why im using attack since im clear favorits at most matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Define clear favourites! I would have to be serious odds on to win to try attack away from home. I would be much more likely to use Control as it keeps hold of the ball. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, cant remember any exact odds, since im just started on a new game. but would you use control vs. 4-4-2 sfarrows ?.

And should i use the latest control version instead of the old one or even both of them ?

I would use the newer one.

Historically, I used Attack (AT HOME) against the 4-4-2 short farrows, but now I have such a superior side I use Control. Away I would use possession or control, depending on the odds and relative strength of the teams.

Attack is faster paced and more aggressive. Control is meant for going after teams that sit back (read: no farrows) and try to crowd the box. Both are attacking formations. Attack can be devastating to another team trying to attack you, but can get sloppy v. a team playing ultra defensively. Control plays slower and capitalizes on chances better.

A question on the Control theories. I'm playing in Wales as Bangor City and I am heavy favorites for every domestic game I play and I use Control a lot of course. My question is are there any changes that might help for a lower league team. I mean, on the one hand I'm much better than the teams I play, but on the other, my team isn't that good in the big picture of things.

okay, I'm having a bit of a problem handling a scenario like this:

I am the better team (talent wise), I am playing counter\defense but I am getting hammered.

Where is there to go from this? It happens more often then it should. Is there any solution for this?

As I said a few pages back I had a side game with Reading to test these tactics out and as I said I was having a game with Reading. I ended up 6th in the first season which is a really good result for the team finishing behind the top four and funnily enough West Ham icon_confused.gif Anyways I strengthened the squad to get better players, mostly better defenders as I felt the attacking talent at hand was quite good.

Anyways back to my point, a few games into the second season and I felt that we had possesion but we weren't using the ball good enough and when the opposition scored it was because of bad decisions from my team. I decided to change the player intructions a litle bit from the "default" ones wwfan uses and for each set I used the same guidline. I thought I'd post them up because it might help other users who feel their struggling for goals but not possesion.

Run With Ball - wwfan's default settings for attacking framworks are pretty much the same as I'm using now however for the "target" striker I took RWB off completely. The fast striker was left on RWB often seeing as it did create a lot of goalscoring opportunities. In the Counter framwork I gathered wwfan uses two speedy striker because both strikers have RWB often. However I was lacking that department so I took the targetman's RWB off completely and the following match I believe we won 5-0 away to Man City.

Long Shots - I think wwfan hinted already that if the players selected to take long shots don't have good ratings then take em off. The only change I did here was take long shots off of the speedy striker, seeing as he is on RWB it seems pointless for him to take shots outside the box when he clearly can get into the box and finish fram close range. However I don't mind the big man taking pots from outside the box.

Try Through Balls - This is where my biggest change commenced. I can see wwfan's thinking with having all players on TTB often in attacking framworks however in "poorer" teams the passing stats for defensive players is not as good plus I don't think a keeper making TTB is such a good idea. I took them off all players except the Mc's. The more attacking one has often, the other mixed. Reason for MC(d) having mixed is because I found that the times his passing was astray was when he tried to do through balls.

Cross Ball - I found in some of the framworks the strikers and MC(d) had cross balls mixed. I took them off completely as they already have settings to keep things simple and I feel the less they have to do the better they play.

The rest of the settings I kept but I'd be intrested to see how people fare with any of these changes. Hope they help icon_smile.gif

So changing tactics regularly does affect/unsettle the team's play?

And changeing player instructions doesn't affect player peformances, making them inconsistent?

Does that mean it's mainly changing formations that unsettle team and player performances?

Because I was under the understanding that changing tactic's regularly (more than just just slight tweaks of the team instructions)unsettled the players, causeing the team performances to be unconsistent.

Is it a case of the players getting use to you changing thier personnal instructions? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaz_1983...:

So changing tactics regularly does affect/unsettle the team's play?

And changeing player instructions doesn't affect player peformances, making them inconsistent?

Does that mean it's mainly changing formations that unsettle team and player performances?

Because I was under the understanding that changing tactic's regularly (more than just just slight tweaks of the team instructions)unsettled the players, causeing the team performances to be unconsistent.

Is it a case of the players getting use to you changing thier personnal instructions? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Changing tactics isn't the problem, it's changing formation that could be a problem for some players who've never played that sort of system and have bad adaptability rating. Tactical instructions is just like telling a player what he can and can't do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ucdawg12:

okay, I'm having a bit of a problem handling a scenario like this:

I am the better team (talent wise), I am playing counter\defense but I am getting hammered.

Where is there to go from this? It happens more often then it should. Is there any solution for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are clearly better, I found with these tactics that it is a mistake to sit back. You need to use Possession/Attack/Control to get results. The Counter tactic works best against a team that is as good or better than you that is Attacking you. Defense works best v. a team that can dominate you and even then, it can be tough.

Guest oldirtyd

First off thanks for all your hard work wwfan. I'm having real trouble in my second season after taking Blackburn to 5th in my first.

The squad is relatively strong and has been improved considerable but no matter which of the tactics I use now, I can't seem to buy a result. We're conceding really sloppy goals and missing hatfuls of chances with the super keeper syndrom.

Anybody have any additional second season tips please? You'll earn my eternal gratitude and save me my job.

I have just started using these tactics after they were recemended to my by a friend, I must they are working a treat for my Arsenal team.

I took over them half way through the second season after Wenger got sacked and since i have taken over i have played 12 won 11 drawn 1. Cant remember how many i have scored but Henry and Vela are setting the premier league alight.

I have had very impresive wins away against both Liverpool and Chelsea and my defense is also rock solid aswell.

Well done wwfan.

Player interaction (praise/criticise), team talks designed to build confidence rather than kick them up the backside etc., making sure the right players get runs in the first team to build confidence and improve consistency, despite the fact that in a settled team you may drop them for 6s or 5s.

absolutely class tactic set. I have always been a bit of a doubter of this approach and th few forays i have made into these tactics have been disappointing. but after a full season and sticking to them i have won the league with everton in first season using weegie update and only signing downing.

if anyone is having troubles with the set i would really recommend playing with counter until you get some stability then as the results come start experimenting with attack, poss and cont.

also it takes a while for it to really settle in - give it ten games at least without switching versions. after about ten games of nothing but counter we were storming and would constantly go 10,11,12 games unbeaten.

well done WWfan

Right then now for the champions league...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justified:

As I said a few pages back I had a side game with Reading to test these tactics out and as I said I was having a game with Reading. I ended up 6th in the first season which is a really good result for the team finishing behind the top four and funnily enough West Ham icon_confused.gif Anyways I strengthened the squad to get better players, mostly better defenders as I felt the attacking talent at hand was quite good.

Anyways back to my point, a few games into the second season and I felt that we had possesion but we weren't using the ball good enough and when the opposition scored it was because of bad decisions from my team. I decided to change the player intructions a litle bit from the "default" ones wwfan uses and for each set I used the same guidline. I thought I'd post them up because it might help other users who feel their struggling for goals but not possesion.

Run With Ball - wwfan's default settings for attacking framworks are pretty much the same as I'm using now however for the "target" striker I took RWB off completely. The fast striker was left on RWB often seeing as it did create a lot of goalscoring opportunities. In the Counter framwork I gathered wwfan uses two speedy striker because both strikers have RWB often. However I was lacking that department so I took the targetman's RWB off completely and the following match I believe we won 5-0 away to Man City.

Long Shots - I think wwfan hinted already that if the players selected to take long shots don't have good ratings then take em off. The only change I did here was take long shots off of the speedy striker, seeing as he is on RWB it seems pointless for him to take shots outside the box when he clearly can get into the box and finish fram close range. However I don't mind the big man taking pots from outside the box.

Try Through Balls - This is where my biggest change commenced. I can see wwfan's thinking with having all players on TTB often in attacking framworks however in "poorer" teams the passing stats for defensive players is not as good plus I don't think a keeper making TTB is such a good idea. I took them off all players except the Mc's. The more attacking one has often, the other mixed. Reason for MC(d) having mixed is because I found that the times his passing was astray was when he tried to do through balls.

Cross Ball - I found in some of the framworks the strikers and MC(d) had cross balls mixed. I took them off completely as they already have settings to keep things simple and I feel the less they have to do the better they play.

The rest of the settings I kept but I'd be intrested to see how people fare with any of these changes. Hope they help icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you turn off man marking for the offensive tactics eg att, control and possession?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluenose1:

absolutely class tactic set. I have always been a bit of a doubter of this approach and th few forays i have made into these tactics have been disappointing. but after a full season and sticking to them i have won the league with everton in first season using weegie update and only signing downing.

if anyone is having troubles with the set i would really recommend playing with counter until you get some stability then as the results come start experimenting with attack, poss and cont.

also it takes a while for it to really settle in - give it ten games at least without switching versions. after about ten games of nothing but counter we were storming and would constantly go 10,11,12 games unbeaten.

well done WWfan

Right then now for the champions league... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done that man! Although I'm assuming you stayed clear of injuries to key players which you always need with a fairly tight squad. Which 11 did you play the most? Cheers.

As Villa in the end I camw 3rd with 73 points..United came top with 73 points...G/D. I did win Carling cup tho.

I have found that even if I am firm favourites to win away Possession insn't great - I now only play counter and its working wonders. I have used poession against Stoke (win).

What type of strikers do you use.

Carew and Agbonlahor played well.....then I played Young as left St and he scored 10 in 8....his strength and heading are crap but his pace and finishing are good....

or would you play......Carew?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Triggerusa:

As Villa in the end I camw 3rd with 73 points..United came top with 73 points...G/D. I did win Carling cup tho.

I have found that even if I am firm favourites to win away Possession insn't great - I now only play counter and its working wonders. I have used poession against Stoke (win).

What type of strikers do you use.

Carew and Agbonlahor played well.....then I played Young as left St and he scored 10 in 8....his strength and heading are crap but his pace and finishing are good....

or would you play......Carew? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say that in the counter tactic play Young and in the more attacking ones and the most defensive play Carew. Young + Agbonlahor would be deadly to have on the counter and you'd get out the maximum out of the tactic.

These are general all-purpose tactics designed to help you produce your own in time. It outlines the strategy of FM2007, how to approach the AI and the general settings to use for each of the approaches.

So, it should work for any team with any players, and as far as I'm aware has been tested with success at many different levels.

I would suggest re-reading the first post.

Wwfan

After having reasonable success with Sunderland using first your Roo 442 set and then first season in the prem switching to your latest Play FM set, I started a new game with Everton using the latest Weegie update to see if I could do some real damage straight away in the Prem.

I sold: Valente, Anderson Silva, Anichebe and Vaughan.

I bought: Iversen, César Delgado, E. Johnson, Stewart Downing and Curtis Davies.

I decided to start with counter attack using the pace of E. Johnson and A. Johnson/Delgado up front. After just sneaking a 0-1 away victory to Boro in my first game, I then proceeded to win my next 5 premiership games without conceeding, and spanked a rubbish Uefa Cup opponent at home 9-0. All with counter, and also interestingly given that fact, all with 55%+ possession!

Then in my 7th premiship match (after 6 wins and non-conceeded) I faced portsmouth at home. They played an ultra-defensive 442 so I trotted the Control tactic out. However, even the Control tactic worked well and did what it was designed to do, we didn't manage to score. But I don't have any complaints with the Control tactic. What I would like to ask however, is:

1) During my Control game vs Portsmouth I got no less than 8 offsides - 1 each for the wingers, and the rest for the strikers. Obviously this is the risk you run with any offensive tactic, and I assume your thinking is along the lines of risk/reward. Do you normally find you get so many offsides when using a control type tactic? Or is 8 not too bad considering I used a control tactic for 3/4 of the match? And finally, what settings for the SCs (and poss the wingers?) would you tweak to reduce the possibility of offsides?

2) For future matches, assuming a side of:

Howard

Neville, Yobo, Davies, Baines

V.D.Meyde, Fernandes, Arteta (PM), Osman/Downing

A.Johnson, E.Johnson

What additional tweaks would you suggest I make to your latest Control tactic to take advantage of anything the above players have to offer to try and increase my chances even further of breaking down a defensive side?

As always, thank you in advance for getting this far, and thanks for all your time and effort.

What it could be bob123456 is that because the control tactics has everyone TTB's it could be that the decision making of some of them aren't good enough. Try the tweaks I did a few posts up. For me it's been beautiful to watch just as long as you have the right personell. (For control I'd say a big man as the FCR, preferably with pace, and your best finisher and pacy man on the FCL, Johnson would be a must. In midfield the MC combo is important but it seems Fernandes and Arteta woudl be.)

I agree with Justified, use his tweeks to suit your players. Reducing forward runs will also help prevent off sides. Look at the players anticipation and decision making and see if it is high enough to make forward runs often.

I found the most benefitial tweek was the through balls. Reducing them to mixed/rarely to players that have below passing of 15 helps not giving the ball away and prevented getting caught on the counter. As it is a very offensive tactic you are more likely to come up against this style of fb and therefore you do not want to give the ball away.

Also i have noticed that on wwfans latest control the DC's are set to man mark, untick this so your dc's arent pulled wide as it is a very wide formation. Man Mark should only be used imo when you play narrow.

Archived