Whats going to be fixed in patch 11.3??

Does anyone know what will be fixed in the new patch release? i guess the match prep and "current" tactic must surely be a priority plus attacking/defending far post set peices is rediculous at times!! one game i had finished chelsea 5 - Man utd 4 with 8 goals coming from set peices to the back post!:thdn:

Hopefully any thread titles with the word "patch" will be automatically culled.

Why should he not be allowed to ask this? It's far more acceptable than the 20 posts a day asking 'when'... I've been searching myself for details of exactly what's fixed/included. It doesn't have to be a definitive, exhaustive list but a general guide would be useful. I know some other companies never patch, but some that do (notably software giants like IBM in the business world) do formally declare patches and state what should be included. I don't think a sticky with general information such as this would be too difficult... Hopefully would curtail the aforementioned 'why' posts too which I suspect are the ones that have really irritated?

You'll find out what was fixed when it is fixed. Do you want FM team to continually update people with bugs they are fixing? They are working hard on fixing them and when they have them fixed they'll compile all they've done into a nice list for people to read.

But not even the FM team will know what bugs they can have fixed for the next patch until they are fixed. It's only when the patch is bundled together and tested thoroughly they can say for certain that the bugs are fixed for x,y and z.

Everything else that anyone but FM staff post on these forums is pure speculation. Therefore a waste of time to ask. I doubt a member of the FM team is going to come on here and tell us what bugs are fixed until they are all ready to roll out.

That's why.

Why can SI not come up with a way to make patch fixes 'live fixes' rather than 'updates'.

Basically, we raise a bug or glitch with them and then they can 'look into it' and supply a 'fix' that is then tested on a seperate platform - when the testing is complete SI then update the game 'live' so it takes immediate effect with maybe on occasion the game needing to 'self-update'.

Something like this would make everything so much faster and easier would it not? It would also work for player transfers.

When a player moves club - SI update that specific player. If some teenager goes from 'Weymouth' to 'Arsenal' then they could also update potential aswell easily. This could also be charged at £10 for the game data updates but fixes are free.

Theres got to be something quicker and better than constantly waiting for 'updates' year after year - because they never get it right until after the New Year.

Nova

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Seriously ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Jeez if they could do that we'd be getting live updates every day.

Let alone the time it takes to debug a problem, rewrite code, test code, make sure the code changes aren't have knock on effects in the game.

They'd literally be updating the game everyday. Do you know how many transfers and deals are made per day in football? Do you know how many players retire, how many players are brought into the game - WORLD WIDE!

Look they release them in logical places.

November the game is released to the public - after a beta test and the summer transfers the game is updated and sold out of the box.

Patches are then released in december/january to fix BIG issues affecting game play.

Then another patch is released mid-end of Feburary/start of March to accomodate A) all the transfers in the transfer window and B) to fix all the bugs and issues they could between January and March.

There is no software company in the world that releases Pataches or live updates on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

The idea is indeed laughable.

Why can SI not come up with a way to make patch fixes 'live fixes' rather than 'updates'.

Basically, we raise a bug or glitch with them and then they can 'look into it' and supply a 'fix' that is then tested on a seperate platform - when the testing is complete SI then update the game 'live' so it takes immediate effect with maybe on occasion the game needing to 'self-update'.

Something like this would make everything so much faster and easier would it not? It would also work for player transfers.

When a player moves club - SI update that specific player. If some teenager goes from 'Weymouth' to 'Arsenal' then they could also update potential aswell easily. This could also be charged at £10 for the game data updates but fixes are free.

Theres got to be something quicker and better than constantly waiting for 'updates' year after year - because they never get it right until after the New Year.

You don't seem to understand the amount of testing that needs to be done when something is changed.

Yes, database changes are fairly straight forward but bug fixes are just not that simple.

There is no software company in the world that releases Pataches or live updates on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

Eugene

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Heard about a software company called Microsoft?? Yeah that one...they release patches/updates at least on a weekly basis...so once again Ha ha to you

(Yeah i know what you were trying to be smart about...but did not like the way you did so..ohh and the problem about the word "patch" in the title can be solved easily...just dont open that post..i am assuming you can recognize the word no?)

Eugene

Heard about a software company called Microsoft?? Yeah that one...they release patches/updates at least on a weekly basis...so once again Ha ha to you

(Yeah i know what you were trying to be smart about...but did not like the way you did so..ohh and the problem about the word "patch" in the title can be solved easily...just dont open that post..i am assuming you can recognize the word no?)

i dont think you understand the complexities of FM, plus microsoft are one of the biggest companies in the world who probably employ thousands and thousands of computer programmers and testers, SI in comparison are tiny, its like comparing Tesco to your local corner shop.

Oh Microsoft are not a software company - they try to be but they fail.

I don't care if you liked it or not - it really made me laugh out loud that I spaffed my tea.

I'll open and reply to any post that I want to. If you don't like it then tough. There's an "ignore" option, please feel free to add me to your ignore list.

milner...do you read the thing in the brackets?? Let me make it a bit more visible to you:

I know the complexities of making a game..i know the difference between Microsoft and SI thank you very much..and i am not trying to say what nova said is feasible. Just did not like the SA comment by Eugene..gave some of his own medicine back

milner...do you read the thing in the brackets?? Let me make it a bit more visible to you:

I know the complexities of making a game..i know the difference between Microsoft and SI thank you very much..and i am not trying to say what nova said is feasible. Just did not like the SA comment by Eugene..gave some of his own medicine back

You really showed him didnt you...........What a fantastic example to use to try and back your point up.

Eugene...so now what..Microsoft is a hardware manufacturer? Or a pizza maker to you? You are entitled to open and reply to any post you want...just like others are entitled to create any thread they want...comment on what should be and shouldnt be "culled" when they come to a forum that you own..

Great - so we're all agreed that we can make as many threads as we like about patches then?

Year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after

The same thread about patches.

It takes a quick search of the forum functions to find out more.

I already explained elegantly why there are no details of the patches and therefore I feel that this thread has been answered, by myself and others, and the OP can go away satisfied that they got the answer they were looking for.

Everything else is a bonus.

Apologies to Nova if my "ha ha " comment caused offense, as it was not intended in a mocking way - but in joyfully spirited laugh followed by a comforting hug.

But tingting it's not really anything to do with you. If you find my post offensive you can report it by clicking the TRIANGLE on the bottom of the post and notifying the moderators.

Again, apologies if Nova was offended, my "ha ha" was simply meant to illustrate my exact physical response after reading their post and it was the best way I could effectively express my physical response in writing.

You'll find out what was fixed when it is fixed. Do you want FM team to continually update people with bugs they are fixing? They are working hard on fixing them and when they have them fixed they'll compile all they've done into a nice list for people to read.

But not even the FM team will know what bugs they can have fixed for the next patch until they are fixed. It's only when the patch is bundled together and tested thoroughly they can say for certain that the bugs are fixed for x,y and z.

Everything else that anyone but FM staff post on these forums is pure speculation. Therefore a waste of time to ask. I doubt a member of the FM team is going to come on here and tell us what bugs are fixed until they are all ready to roll out.

That's why.

Pretty elegant.

Match v915

----------

- Fixed 2 farly obscure bugs causing keepers to stray out of position at bad moments

- Improved keeper behaviour as corner or cross comes in

- Fixed keepers being overpowered on some point blank save attempts

- Fixed CCC being registered for some chances where a defender is goalside and close to shooting player

- Tried to make players head for goal a little more directly when dribbling close to opposition goal

- Fixed some players continuing to mark passing player when ball is in their danger zone and passer isnt

- Fine tuned difficulty of longer range shots, and shots taken at pace

Match v916

----------

- Fine tuned keeper behaviour at corners

- Fine tuned marking at set pieces

- Reduced multiple players going for same ball when defending set pieces

- Reduced instances of players missing headers badly

- Toned down tight man marking by defenders of players who have dropped deep

- Rebalanced number of shirt tugs vs trips

- Stopped midfield dropping back too close to defence too quickly when defending

- Fixed some examples of players dallying when moving to intercept loose ball

- Made players less fearful of offside when moving forward to support ball carrier

- Fixed player putting ball out of play for injury when there is a realistic chance of someone putting it into the net

- Fine tuned far post corner delivery

- Fine tuned shot choice for better players

- Tweaked "expected result" for FML matches

Match v917

----------

- Improved player marking at set pieces

- Improved AI use of full backs and wing backs

- Small tweak to make defenders cover their team mates a bit more willingly

- Fixed centre halves bombing forward ahead of full backs when team starts counter attack

- Fixed instances of players getting in way of free kick taking team mate

- Fixed issue with players not being recognised as clean through caused by 915 change

- Made players more conscious of getting ball onto best foot

- Some small general tweaks to on ball decision making

- Improved placed finish choice of corner to aim at

- Improved show onto weak foot AI when marking ball player

- Reduced red cards given for professional foul when there is possibly a covering player

Match v918

----------

- Fine tuned passing choice AI

- Fine tuned shot choice

- Fine tuned calculation of CCC's when shooting from an angle

- Fixed occasional bug causing keeper to make save in bizarre direction

- Make full backs generally get forward a little more willingly

- Fixed further and worse instances of players getting in way of freekick taking team mate

- Some fixes to marking of player carrying ball

- Fine tuned general marking AI

- Very small tweak to intercepting of ball AI

- Fixed very rare bug where player would stop engaging ball player to push up field

- Slightly narrowed D-line further in and around own area

Match v919

----------

- Small tweak to player momentum when fouled

- Further adjustment to full backs to stop them going forward too early when ball in own area and hence making it hard for keeper distribution

- Small change to facing direction when player makes run off ball

- Made players slightly more willing to turn on ball

So far.....anyway.

This is the last update - link to it by pressing the little button at the start of the quote

Archived