1 shot, 1 goal

I've just had a similar experience, Henkie. Unfortunately, SI haven't allowed us to upload hilarious misses, otherwise I'd upload the bit where my striker hit the post despite there being an open goal. Luckily, my other striker got the rebound and finished it with typical aplomb. Unfortunately, he was offside, and unfortunately his finishing is only world class when he is offside.

HtTwI.png

Bm47O.png

w2GvM.png

And yes, the tactic I'm using is different from the one from my previous posts.

As you can see, the AI even decided to utilise the "We won't look like scoring until you score" feature after going 1-0 up, which I see so often.

Nobody can deny that we cannot see this kind of matches in real life like some people are telling and who are trying to defend the actual patch.The problem here is that in real life we dont see so often this type of matches for a specific team and the above example is kinda usual for the player nothing out of ordinary for this patch where set pieces or crosses combined with dumb defenders that dont react are far more dangerous than a CCC.

i have a theory about this i think this happens when you choose "you can win" instead of "expect a win" and vice versa. if you do it against a team that's stronger than you you'll get beat 2 or 3 nil but if you do it against a team that's weaker than you you get the 1 shot 1 goal scenario.

Why does everyone try to reduce FM to a one theory solution? There are multiple reasons for what the OP is seeing:

1: There is an ME fault that stops the DCs defending the gap between them very well, enabling an FC to too easily find unmarked space in the centre of the pitch. However, they do close the gap rapidly once the FC has the ball, which means he often has to rush his shot and/or hit it on his wrong foot. Keeper positioning and rushing out is also very good when the ball is central, meaning the shooter often has had his angles closed off before he can pick a spot. The ME generally regards these as CCCs, simply because the shooter is in space around or inside the box.

2: Tactics can be to blame. If a manager is attempting to exploit this central space issue, then he will obviously see more of these types of chances than others.

3: Team talks can accentuate this problem by putting extra pressure on or increasing complacency of forwards, with both making them more likely to miss chances.

4: If the manager has a very attacking tactic that exploits the DC gap and regularly makes mistakes with his man or media management, he will inevitably see a succession of seemingly unfair defeats. The only reason they seem unfair is that the ME recognises the central chances as CCCs rather than as hurried shots under pressure. If you recognise these for what they are (as dafuge does) and accept that when you are playing very aggressively you will be vulnerable to the break, especially so if players are nervous or complacent, the whole issue becomes understandable.

You know sometime in the FM10 (which I am still in ;)) era, I started to care less and less about CCCs. Why? The lack of correlation between goals scored and CCCs created started to appear on a more frequent basis.

For instance, I would beat a team 4-0 and create 4-7 CCCs in the match. As I won more and more matches, teams began to take a more defensive approach against me. As teams defended more the amount of CCCs created began to decrease. Interestingly enough, I was still beating teams comfortably. What I realised was that, while the chances I was creating did not qualify as CCCs, they were still clear enough for me to score.

The first straw was when, as dafuge stated, I was realised that CCCs are not recorded in real life. At the end of the day 'clear cut' chances are subjective.

I think that people should really look less at numbers and look at how their players are playing.

Revelz has an interesting problem. I understand how he feels and I do think that ME should not allow so many chances to be created like that and I am sure that this is something that SI are looking at. But whatever SI changes in the ME in the future will not help him with his save right now.

The only suggestions that I can make have already been mentioned......and they relate to tactics and morale.

You may want to change things tactically....try and attack the opposition differently....

As for morale all I say is that when picking your team talk at the end of the match, you can't always say what you want to say.....sometimes you have to say what will keep morale high for the next match.

I hope things get better for you :thup:

Nobody can deny that we cannot see this kind of matches in real life like some people are telling and who are trying to defend the actual patch.The problem here is that in real life we dont see so often this type of matches for a specific team and the above example is kinda usual for the player nothing out of ordinary for this patch where set pieces or crosses combined with dumb defenders that dont react are far more dangerous than a CCC.

Does it happen that often to one team in FM? We seem to get plenty of threads of people complaining about one-off matches and even a few saying it happens "all the time", but very rarely does anyone provide actual evidence of this happening consistently to their team.

The only time I have seen a team go from World beaters to suddenly losing every match despite dominating was in a game I am playing, and it happened to an AI team.

Say what you like about whether the 1 shot on target, one goal is realistic, the regularity of opposition goalkeepers starring and my strikers missing the target only for the opposition to try a pot shot from 40 yards that goes in the top corner is unrealistic. My matches have become pretty predictable, I either win by 4 or 5 goals or I have 20 shots that are either off target or saved and then the opposition scores. You can predict who is going to score first by looking at your first 5 shots, if you do not score one of them, then the opposition will score first. It doesn't matter if you have 90% possession, it doesn't matter how poor the opposition is!

You can predict who is going to score first by looking at your first 5 shots, if you do not score one of them, then the opposition will score first. It doesn't matter if you have 90% possession, it doesn't matter how poor the opposition is!

thats not really true is it, i have seen games where my team does not score until the 90th minute despite dominating. you cannot predict the ME as the result changes all the time depending on what tactical changes you make its not decided for definate before the game starts.

Like other people have said the CCC stat is almost completely useless, the ME seems to give CCC to some strange situations which makes you think you are creating lots of good chances whereas the reality is your not, im really not sure how they calculate it and im glad they are looking at reducing what actually gets calculated as one, i personally think it should be removed full stop as its a stat that can boil down to personal opinion rather than fact.

I agree it should be removed.

I don't really pay attention to the CCC stat, but I had this CL match against Bayern, I got dominated and lost 3-0. Out of curiosity, I checked the stats, and the CCC's were 0 for both teams.. :p

Uploading the match highlights would be much more helpful for everyone, I think :)

Archived