[FM11] They Came From the East.....

HunterKiller

After my last career game rather fizzled out (I hate Portugal :mad:), I decided to go back to a setup I enjoyed back on FM09 in Eastern Europe. Welcome to the Eastern European adventure!

Version - FM 11.2.1

Leagues loaded - Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia & Turkey (all to lowest leagues)

Database size - Large (no edits)

Starting unemployed my aim is to basically win a title, any title. Or last more than a season without being relegated :D Seriously, I'd like to manage in leagues I haven't tried before, such as Turkey and Greece.

Season    Club                  Division                       Position  Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010-11   Juventus Bucharest    Romananian 2nd League Group 1   15th     Relegated, resigned
2011-12   Siirtspor             Turkish 2nd Division Group B    4th      Lost in Playoffs QF  

Season 2010 - 11

League

The first club to come calling was Juventus....Juventus Bucharest of course. Recently promoted to the bottom playable tier in Romania, expectations were low. And I met them. We spent the entire season bouncing around in the relegation places, never really stringing enough games together to climb out of trouble. Survival was still a (slim) possibility on the last day, where we promptly capitulated 3-1 at home to a very poor Dinamo II team. That sealed relegation, and I walked the same day.

League Table

Cup

Knocked out in the 5th round, our second game in the competition.

On the road again.....

Apologies for the lack of detail, I think the memories of this season have been repressed due to awful football.

Season 2011 - 12

After a few months of being 'available' (on holiday), there were suddenly a raft of job applications from new teams, all eager to benefit from my relegation-magnet of a managerial persona. By far the most interesting was Siirtspor for two reasons ; one, they play in Turkey (a league I have never managed in before) and two, they seemed to have an awful lot of money. Over half a million in transfer fees? Yes please Mr Chairman, where do I sign this two-year contract at £1,300 a week?

League

Looking at the squad, I could see that although there were a fair few ageing players (a 35-year old CB from Kazakhstan being the most notable), there was also a fair bit of talent. It didn't take long to realise just how far off the predictions of relegation were, and when we deservedly edged leaders (and eventual runaway winners) Corumspor 1-0 at home in November I have to say I did a very small (and very dignified) victory dance. I knew it would all come crashing down like a half-empty glass of concrete, and the traditional post Christmas lull saw us fall badly off the title pace. We were hardy ever in danger of missing out on the playoffs though, and a seven game unbeaten run (alright, five of them were draws) saw Siirtspor finish the season in fourth.

Playoffs

As there are two groups (A and B) in the Second Division, eight teams in all contest the end of season extravaganza. We drew the fifth placed team from Group A, Dardanelspor, in what turned out to be a one-legged, rather than two-legged, affair :o

Used as I am to managing in England, where the playoffs are held home and away, when the final whistle blew on our 1-1 home draw I was fairly satisfied. Of course, when I realised there was extra time I got a sinking feeling. We eventually lost on penalties, me having subbed our two first choice takers during normal time. Still, live and learn eh?

League Table

Position Graph

Squad

Squad

As said earlier, the team was pretty strong, with a fair amount of strength in depth. We did not score enough though, and turning those draws into wins could have crucial in a better fight for the title.

Transfers

Not too much in or out during my time at the club, signed a few youngsters for the future and one in particular that made an impact in the first team as below.

Finances

Pretty healthy, and still a massive budget to play with!

Key Players

Aydin Karabulut - Easily the best player for the first two thirds of the season, before he started moaning about moving to a bigger club. I've slapped a £250,000 price on his head which seems to have discouraged the predators so far. Already at the club when I arrived.

Yasin Yener - My most expensive signing so far at £14k. Came into the creative role in midfield brilliantly, and we looked a lot less dangerous without him.

Mevlut Gumustoka - Wasn't first choice for quite a while, but became a regular towards the end of the season. Gained a reputation for spectacular goals from outside of the box and finished as the club's top scorer.

Next Season

With a lot of the older players being let go at the end of the season, I will be looking to use the funds available to bring in some younger talent. I have already agreed some pre-contract deals to strengthen the centre of defence and the midfield and cover across the back, up front and in goal is also needed. Basically, build a new team and we might go up!

Pre-season 2012 - 13

Perhaps the most surprising news came right at the start of the new year - we have the largest sponsorship deal in the Second Division! I thought £700k was excessive, but assumed it was normal for Turkey as I know literally nothing about the league. This was reflected in the attitude of the board, who demanded a playoff place at the least for this season, with a transfer budget of £500k and a wage budget of £22k. The media also seem to be piling on the pressure, predicting us to finish in 3rd (last year 15th). Season ticket sales also increased from 738 to 773 for the coming year.

Players

A busy summer, with a number of older players released and a lot brought in to stiffen up the squad as a whole.

Transfers

The most important (in my terrible opinion) are:

Ahmet Kesim (CB) - £28k from giants Galatasary, Kesim had a couple of solid seasons on loan to a Seceond Division club. Age is on his side, and he is better than my older options by a way.

Efsan Gecgin (DM) - A free transfer after being released by Premier League team Glenclerbirligi, this youngster will have an important role to play as the ball winner in midfield.

Nezir Ozer (ST) - Probably too expensive at £45k, but my scouts love him. Good pace, and only 21.

Also, this kid came through the youth system who I think could have a future.

We start at home to title favourites Elazigspor in what promises to be a tough start to the season! Given the improvements, I am confident we can make the playoffs. You can quote me on that!

Thanks Jay007, I've got high hopes for him, but he seems to be pretty injury prone at the moment. Turkey is great fun, no foreign players allowed in the bottom league so it really makes you look towards your youth and give them a chance!

Ohh..thats going to be hard with no foreign players allowed. Are you going to give your youth player a run out in a few games then?

DSYoungEsq - no worries, I really am pretty awful at adding links so please let me know if any others are wrong!

Jay007 - Yeah it's a challenge! The standard is pretty good though, and I've managed to pick up quite a few gems on frees from the top clubs. The foreigner limit goes up to three I think in the First Division, and I think it goes up again in the Premier League. Hopefully the lad will get a few games (especially as I really only have 1 DM in the first team squad) if he can stay injury free!

Yeah it's a challenge! The standard is pretty good though, and I've managed to pick up quite a few gems on frees from the top clubs. The foreigner limit goes up to three I think in the First Division, and I think it goes up again in the Premier League. Hopefully the lad will get a few games (especially as I really only have 1 DM in the first team squad) if he can stay injury free!

If he can get a few games under his belt, he should progress nicely

Season 2012-2013 - Siirtspor (Turkish Second Div Group B)

Wow. Just wow. A superb season that saw first place in the league swap a number of times; we somehow held our nerve to clinch the title and guarantee promotion to the First Division! Never mind the playoffs Mr Chairman, here's a league trophy for your cabinet :cool:

League

We started out like a train, hitting second place in the second week and never falling out of the top three. The race was always tight, a three way tussle between us, Telekomspor and A Sebatspor as the league entered the second half of the season. Star man Karabulut (and last year's Fan's POTY) chose this time to tear a calf muscle, and missed the rest of the season.

It seemed like no-one wanted to win it, as it was extremely rare for all three teams to win in the same week! Away defeats to our two rivals dented morale as we approached the final run-in, but a superb sequence of 5 wins in a row with 18 unanswered goals put the fate of the title in our hands. Telekomspor dropped alarmingly to end up outside the playoffs and Sebatspor eventually fell to fourth. We wrapped up the title with a confident 3-0 win over Hacettepe in the penultimate game to eventually seal promotion by four points.

League Table

Positions Graph

Squad

Squad

Again, good strength in depth which was important as we seemed to pick up a lot of injuries and suspensions. A number of players retiring at the end of the season as well which should leave more room for the younger prospects to shine.

Transfers

Not too much to add to those in pre-season really as I was happy with the performances in January. One young striker in for the future, who made a handful of promising first-team appearances.

Finances

Still looking good, although the board are investing £1 million to improve our youth facilities as requested. Also signed a new sponsors deal for next year at £750k.

Key Players

Nezir Özer - What a difference one player can make! Ozer played the poacher role to perfection this season, ending with 33 goals in 32 games to make a mockery of my doubts over the value of his signature. Finished top scorer in the league, was shortlisted for Player of the Year and made the Team of the Year for the division as well as becoming favoured personnel for the club. He is already the top scorer in the club's history; thank god no-one seems to have noticed his talent!

Irfan Basaran - Brought in on a free transfer, I fully expected him to play second fiddle to Yasin Yener as the creative hub of the team. When he did get a run early in the season, he never looked back, supplying the ammunition for Nezir Özer to finish. Came second in the Player of the Year and made Team of the Year as well. Has a couple of First Division clubs sniffing around as a result.

Younus Emre Eserdi - Younus was named in the Team of the Year, which was bit of a surprise to be honest; until I has a closer look. He made a phenomenal amount of tackles each game, and always looks solid at right back. Not amazingly gifted, but a real grafter for the team who rarely makes mistakes.

A special mention also to Senol Deniz, who became the first player under my management to start his international career, and to veteran winger Yilmaz Örtülü, who will be hanging up his boots at the end of the season. Örtülü played 87 games altogether for Siirtspor over three seasons, scoring 15 goals and providing 20 assists.

Next Season

The first priority will be shoring up the defence, as I think that our attacking threat will be more than a match for the First Division sides, although Örtülü's retirement means I will have to find a new player for the right hand side. I'll be interested to see the budgets; as the chairman seems ambitious I'm expecting some funds! Promotion also means that we can field three foreigners, so scouting will be more important. We were the biggest spenders last year in the division, and I think I'll need just as much for next year. I'll be happy just to survive!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010-11   Juventus Bucharest    Romananian 2nd League Group 1   15th     Relegated, resigned
2011-12   Siirtspor             Turkish 2nd Division Group B    4th      Lost in Playoffs QF
2012-13   Siirtspor             Turkish 2nd Division Group B    1st      Promoted, Manager of the Year

Gotta love that Özer's ability to put the ball in the onion bag! Did he ever end up injured??

I also love the versatility of Baslanti. He's the sort of guy who not only plays wherever you put him on the pitch, he's there at the turnstyle, taking tix and handing out programs, and willing to help out at the concessions as well. :D

Gotta love that Özer's ability to put the ball in the onion bag! Did he ever end up injured??

I also love the versatility of Baslanti. He's the sort of guy who not only plays wherever you put him on the pitch, he's there at the turnstyle, taking tix and handing out programs, and willing to help out at the concessions as well. :D

Amazingly, Özer went through the entire season without injury; I think we would have been in serious trouble otherwise! Baslanti is a useful player, especially when we lost Karabulut to injury and he had to fill in on the left. That versatility does mean I have no idea of his best position though!

Preseason 2013-14 Siirtspor (Turkish First Division)

The board wants us to battle against relegation, and provided a massive £975,000 in transfer fees with a wage budget of £25k. The media agree we are in for a tough season, and we are predicted dead last which is no real surprise. Season ticket sales doubled from last year; we now have 1,455 fans willing to pay the (very reasonable) price of £35 for a year's entertainment!

Transfers

Only one player cost us money; the fans don't think he's worth £100,000, but we really needed a right midfielder for the season and he has numbers in the right places. The remaining frees are all future prospects again. In terms of homegrown prospects, only Yildirim looks like he will be able to make an impact on the first team; he is currently listed for loan.

Preseason went better than I could have hoped; Premier Division teams Galatasary, Bursaspor and Sivasspor were all beaten at Siirt Ataturk. Karabulut and Ozer both picked up injuries during this period but both will be fit for the start of the season, and both Ozer and Basaran agreed new 5-year contracts amid interest from a host of teams. The board also offered me a new contract until 2015, at the increased wage of £1,900 per week.

Congrats on winning the league.

A good pre-season will hopefully set you up for another great season. What are the quality of teams/players like in comparison to your team?

Thanks Jay007! Having looked at some of the squads, there doesn't seem to be a massive leap in quality between the two divisions; I am worried though that our keeper and back four aren't up to it.

The board want you to battle relegation, the media think you're going to finish dead last. What's your prediction? Do you think you can stay up this season?

To be honest (and this may come back to bite me :D), I am confident that as long as Özer stays fit we can stay up fairly comfortably. If he is out for any length of time, then we are in trouble as the backups don't seem to have enough to replace his goals. I've bought lots of cotton wool in preparation!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Midseason Update 2013-14 Siirtspor (Turkish First Division)

It all started so brightly with a thumping 4-0 win away from home on the opening day of the season; after six games we had 4 victories in the bag with just one defeat. We head into the mid season break however on an eight game losing streak that leaves us just four points out of the relegation zone. The goals from star man Özer have dried up, and no one has been able to step up and contribute. A relegation dogfight is on the cards, and we really don't need Aydin Karabulut to be requesting a transfer at this critical stage.

Squad

League Table

If we can perform in the coming run of fixtures, we will have a good chance to solidify our position in the league. We entertain the bottom club in the first game back, followed by a visit to the club one point above us. It's in our hands at the moment; I just hope it stays that way!

making some good progress there mate. never played in Turkey before so interested to see how you go.

Thanks rlipscombe, really enjoying it to be honest, first time I've tried Turkey!

Time off will help with the morale. So would a friendly against a nice patsy. :D

True, so does a nice first fixture back at home to dead last!

Season 2013-2014 - Siirtspor (Turkish First Division)

Well, it was a tough season as predicted, but we managed to secure eventual safety with two games to go, finishing one place and nine points clear of relegation in the end. We didin't really turn up against the better teams, but our performances against those around us ensured First Division football at Siirt Ataturk for next season.

The first game back after the winter break saw us take on bottom team Gungoren Bld, surely the perfect morale boost for a team struggling for wins. We went one down after seven minutes, and I had a sinking feeling. Özer chose this point to end a worrying drought to bring us level five minutes later, but when centre back Erhan Kurt received his marching orders after 20 minutes I though we would be in trouble again. The boys responded magnificently however, and two from Basaran together with one from Karabulut secured a great victory and a vital three points.

From that point on we never really looked in trouble in the league, securing survival with a superb 5-2 win away from home against high-flying Mersin where Özer grabbed himself a hat-trick along with goals for young Ünal and Baslanti. The defence is still a worry however, and we have yet to find a stable centre back partnership.

League Table

Positions Graph

Squad

Squad

Depth was sorely tested this season, with me being unable to name a first choice back four for the second half of the campaign. A number of younger players have been able to step in and done well, and the future looks bright at present.

Transfers

No movement at all in the January window, as I felt the quality of the squad was good enough to see us through.

Finances

Very good, with nearly £3 million sitting in the bank despite us only filling around 40% of the stadium throughout the year. A new two year sponsor deal was signed just after the end of the season for £775,000.

Key Players

Nezir Özer - The main man again, scoring 21 goals in the league to finish third top scorer despite a loss of form around Christmas. Now has 54 goals for the club, a fantastic return from two seasons.

Aydin Karabulut - Was unhappy for most of the season wanting to move to a bigger club, but was still a key part of the team for much of the year. Won the First Division Player of the Year and was named in the Team of the Year, scoring 6 goals and setting up 14 more. Aydin also broke the record for most league appearances for the club with 115, but if a reasonable offer comes in the summer we may have to let him go.

Gökalp Seçal - I did not think the veteran centre back would feature much this season, but brought some much needed experience to the back line when needed. Also a threat from set pieces.

Young Guns

This section is just for showing some of the brighter prospects at Siirtspor, both homegrown and purchased.

Alper Bahadir - Versatile full back that featured regularly this year due to injuries, suspensions and plain bad form.

Ersin Yavuz - Clinical striker that has come through the youth system, scored 14 goals for the under-18's this season and I will be looking to get him a loan deal next year.

Ethem Koç - Stolen on a free from Bursaspor, this lad looks to have great potential and superb technique for his age. Definitely the most exciting of the current bunch.

Ismail Yıldırım - Another youth graduate, Yıldırım featured regularly in the DM spot, even contributing a couple of vital goals. Looks to have a bright future if he can continue his improvement.

Raif Ünal - Captured on a free in my first season, Ünal can play across the midfield and is a great passer of the football. Filled in a lot on the right flank this year and chipped in with a couple of goals.

Also on the youth front, the board have approved my request for a youth academy to cost £450,000.

Next Season

Strengthening the defence and possibly the keeper is a priority; we also need to find a consistent partner for Özer to take the pressure off him. Hopefully some of the young guns listed above will also be able to step up regularly in the senior squad.

2012-13   Siirtspor             Turkish 2nd Division Group B    1st      Promoted, Manager of the Year
2013-14   Siirtspor             Turkish 1st Division            15th  

Thanks all! You can have him DSYoungEsq......shall we say £5million? :p

Pre Season 2014-2015 - Siirtspor (Turkish First Division)

Fresh from last year's solid performance, I chose 'Avoid Relegation' as my aim for this season, resulting in a transfer budget of £1.3 million and wage budget of £35k per week. The media this time around predict us to finish 17th, one from bottom. By my reckoning, that means that we will finish 14th; you heard it here first! I also sign a new contract at £1.3k per week for a further two years, and season ticket sales increase slightly to 1,476. I've also never seen this before :o

Transfers

The big news over the summer was the departure of Karabulut, who had been angling for a move all season. I was reluctant to let him go, but for a fee of £325k and 15% of ay future transfer Aydin will be plying his silky skills at Zilina next season. He amassed 115 league appearances (a club record) over his four seasons at Siirt Ataturk, scoring 24 goals and laying on 35 more from the left wing. The fans were upset to see him go, as was I.

I proceeded to strengthen the team, spending a total of £115k in the process and signing the first foreigners to play at Siirtspor under my management:

El Hadji N'Diaye - Comes into add a bit more bite to central midfield, and will likely rotate with Yildirim throughout the season.

Miguel Silva - Former OGC Nice trainee, Silva will be an option as second striker up front with star man Özer.

Nir Mantsur - Isaraeli international left back, bought to reinforce a position that I though was probably our weakest last season.

Erkan Kas also comes in as cover for both flanks, with veteran goalkeeper Orkun Usak signed on a free to provide more competition for the number one jersey. One other transfer of note sees promising young striker Aykut Arslan join for £40k from Turkish giants Fenerbahce. Overall I feel we have a much better balanced squad than last year, with both youth and experience well represented, and I am pleased with the amount of attacking talent available to support Özer.

Midseason Update 2014-15 Siirtspor (Turkish First Division)

A really pleasing start to the season; things got off to a really bad start when Miguel Silva managed to get himself sent off 20 minutes into his debut, condemning us to a disappointing 1-0 defeat to kick off the campaign. Despite that, the 4-0 home defeat to the very strong Goztepe is really the only match where we have looked out of our depth, and we deserve our position on the edge of the playoffs going into the winter break.

League Table

Özer has had a relatively slow start to the season with nine league goals, ably assisted by young Arslan with five. Özer has also signed a new contract until 2017 in the face of interest from bigger clubs. Basaran has recovered from an injury hit year, and is once again the creative spark in midfiled, with veteran Seçal holding the defence together.

We actually had something of note happen in the Cup, giving big boys Trabzonspor a scare in their own back yard by taking a first minute lead through Özer. Their class showed through in the end though, and we ended up on the wrong end of a creditable 3-1 scoreline.

I am cautiously optimistic about holding on to a playoff place, although we do need to improve squad discipline with 40 yellow cards and 7 red accrued from the first 17 games. Other than that, I can't see why we cannot be there or thereabouts at the sharp end. We'll see!

Always wanted to try an Eastern European career save. Will be following this from now on with interest. :thup:

Thanks Crouchy, I have to say I'm really enjoying the save!

Too bad this one's in Western Asia, then. :D

Technically, 3% of Turkey is in Europe :p The province of Siirt is in the south-east of Turkey though (God bless Wiki), so I suppose you win this one DSYoungEsq. For now :)

Season 2014-15 Siirtspor (Turkish First Division)

A real season of two halves; one promising, the other disappointing. If you had offered me 13th at the start of the season I probably would have bitten your hand off, but given the start we made that really isn't good enough. To give you an idea, our first seventeen games got us seven wins, with 5 draws and five defeats. The second half of the season saw just 4 wins, seven draws and 6 defeats; not only could we not keep clean sheets, the goals dried up in worrying fashion.

Again, the first game back after the Christmas break saw probably our best performance of the season; Basaran, Miguel Silva, Yilidirim & Seçal scoring the goals in a brilliant 4-0 demolition of then leaders Gaziosmanpasa. That was as good as it got though, and too many draws ultimately saw us slide down the table to a disappointing finish. Squad discipline was terrible, with a total of 76 yellow cards and 10 reds accrued throughout the season.

League Table

Position Graph - check out the slump!

Squad

Squad

Far too many suspensions this year, and the backup players did not impress at all. Some trimming will be undertaken in the summer.

Transfers

A couple of youngsters joined in January, but nothing too noteworthy.

Finances

Still over £3 million in the bank; however this does not bode well. I have also smashed the wage budget, and a couple of underperforming highly paid players will be on their way soon.

Key Players

Nezir Özer - Compared to his own high standards, this was a poor season with 13 goals scored, however he is still a very important player for the team. Still whining about moving to a bigger club.

Irfan Basaran - Solid in midfield, but needs to find more killer passes. Fans Player of the Season.

Aykut Arslan - Brought in as mainly a backup for Özer, Arslan has impressed me this season and formed a good partnership with Nezir. 11 goals in his first season is a promising return.

Young Guns (HG denotes from Siirtspor Academy)

Ersin Yavuz (HG) - Unable to find him a loan deal, I kept Yavuz around the squad this season. The lad played in the last three games of the season, grabbing a goal.

Ethem Koç - Had a number of starts throughout the season, but his passing needs to improve for him to become any more than a bit part player. Also featured twice for Turkey under 19's.

Hamit Katip - Impressed at right full back in his first full season, and may have the position for a while. Called up for Turkey under 21's but still uncapped.

Ibrahim Özdogan - Played the majority of his games in the DM position, but can also play at centre back. Looks like a bargain for £3k.

Yilmaz Gül - New signing in January, looks to have the makings of a good central defender.

Next Season

I say it every year; I need a new defence and goalkeeper! There are also a number of underperformers out of contract whose wage demands seem ludicrous, so quite a few will be out of the door in the summer. Looking to improve on this season's finish, I'm setting us a target of 50 points which may be enough for the playoffs.

2013-14   Siirtspor             Turkish 1st Division            15th  
2014-15   Siirtspor             Turkish 1st Division            13th

Shame you could keep your 1st half of the season form going all the way through. But least you finished higher than the previous season.

Ive never seen that message before about a chairman withdrawing their financial backing. Certainly going to make it harder for you.

Good luck next season and hopefully you will make the play offs.

Any progress is good progress. Yes there was a massive slump but if you finished say 6th this season you could finish 13th next season, thats not progress. Good Luck for next season.

Thanks ToMexico!!, looking back maybe I was a bit negative about the last season; looking at the positives we finished with more points than the previous season, and we weren't as reliant on Özer for all of our attacking threat. I think the end of the campaign just left a bit of a sour taste!

Pretty sure you can go for the playoffs next time?

I think a lot of it depends on the back four, and especially the centre backs. Seçal is beginning to look a bit creaky, and I need to find a reliable partnership in the centre as I think the full backs are good enough for the playoffs. A couple of the CBs from the past couple of seasons are leaving in the summer, so i'll need a bit of a rebuild in the summer. Anything is possible!

Just keep improving. Meteoric rises are usually accompanied by similarly meteoric catastrophes. ;)

Thanks DSYoungEsq :D Being a pessimist, I am waiting for that catastrophe all the time!

Ive never seen that message before about a chairman withdrawing their financial backing. Certainly going to make it harder for you.

Good luck next season and hopefully you will make the play offs.

Thank you Jay007; at the moment I haven't really felt the pinch, and I have never managed to spend the massive transfer budget I had anyway! I'm just glad I managed to get the youth and training facilities upgraded before he left!

The chairman withdrawing his backing is certainly a big blow, but it will make your success that much sweeter! Great move getting the youth facilities upgraded too, now if only you could beg the chairman for a few more quid to reopen that stand!

Enjoying this thread mate, keep up the good work

Great move getting the youth facilities upgraded too, now if only you could beg the chairman for a few more quid to reopen that stand!

Cheers benrollo, good to know you're enjoying it! Yeah, I did try to persuade the board to buy the stadium as we don't own it at the moment, which should solve the maintenance problem. They didn't agree then when we had the backing, so the chances are pretty slim now!

Always seems to get worse though, even with new 'supposedly better' players

Tell me about it AK22! I've bought two keepers since being at Siirtspor to replace the current number one, and both have been absolutely dire. The first choice is getting into his thirties now, so a replacement will definately be needed soon! I always seem to be able to find good players for all other positions (including full back), but I have never, ever, been able to spot CBs or keepers.

Pre Season 2015-2016 - Siirtspor (Turkish First Division)

Time to put last season's disappointment behind us! I promised the board to avoid relegation again (under-promise and over-deliver), and was rewarded with a transfer kitty of £1.2 million, with a wage budget of £41k per week. Doesn't look like the withdrawal of our backer has made much of a difference here yet, which is pretty encouraging. The media are still cautious, predicting a finish of 16th, and season ticket sales rose slightly to 1,499 for this year. In other news, Hamit Katip won his first youth cap for Turkey at Under-21 level during the summer.

Transfers

Squad

A whole host of players left on free transfers, leaving me with a healthy £10k left to play with in the wage budget. Two players also left for actual money, with the underperforming N'Diaye off to Greece and Karayaka off to the Second Division after failing to develop as hoped.

In contrast, just four players were signed (three for the first team), as I am confident that the youngsters we have in the Under 18's and Reserves will be able to provide decent cover. Gökhan Coskun is a towering centre back whose aerial prowess will come in handy, with Serhat Öztürk providing more cover in central defence and midfield. Mehmet Ali Gündüz however is the biggest gamble, signing for a whopping £325k from Galatasary. He has youth on his side, and my scouts reckon he will develop to Premier Division standard. He could just as easily be an expensive flop, of course :D

The more observant among you may well have noticed that, despite bemoaning my keeper for four seasons, no replacement has been brought in for this season :p The reason? I could not find a reasonably priced keeper of a standard signifcantly better than veteran Eric. He will therefore keep his place by default, and I hope that the lack of wholesale changes will produce more consistency to allow us to reach the target of 50 points for the season.

Archived