The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've been saying this since about June 2001 but a left sided midfield is an absolute MUST in January </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gavin Rae \o/

Because we have to play our best team at the moment to get them ready for Vilarreal and (I can't believe i'm saying this icon_biggrin.gif) includes Pedro.

McCormack off the bench and if he proves himself enough to earn a starting position then fair enough but you can't just drop inform players it's madness.

With Prso coming back and Novo finding his feet again I can't see much room for Ross, this season atleast. This is Eck we're talking about remember.

With all the players coming back, we have the same abundancy of talent in certain areas that we had at the start of the season ie too much. It's the areas that haven't been strengthened that's been our downfall.

McLeish's problem - apart from being tactically inept - seems to be an inability to keep a large squad happy, and to make the tough choices of simply picking your best team and playing it. You can't please everyone, you just have to be tough and pick the best side. Its noticable that the always seems to do much better when the squad he has is reduced in size, when he has no 'options'.

Guest sav112

Let’s just hope Boyd keeps up his scoring form in the league. I think I’d rather have Dado and Boyd and leave Novo on the bench, I know he had an injury this season but when he was on he was missing some great chances and looked totally off form.

Buffel can’t be anything but first choice as would Dado, Ferguson, Burke (right now).

Would Eck go with a 4-3-3

I’d go with

Waterreus; Murray, Rodriguez , Kyrgiakos, Smith, Burke, Ferguson, Buffel, Boyd, Dado.

As said before Buffel floating behind Dado and Boyd.

Subs. McCormack / Lovenkrands/ Klos / ANDREWS/ A.Rae

We still have Ricksen to come back as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kris Boyd upfront with Boyd looks as if it could be something special. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs you're maybe expecting a wee bit too much of him there icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

I’d go with

Waterreus; Murray, Rodriguez , Kyrgiakos, Smith, Burke, Ferguson, Buffel, Boyd, Dado.

Subs. McCormack / Lovenkrands/ Klos / ANDREWS/ A.Rae

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rangers fans thinking they can win with 10 players now after humping Peterhead icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colin14:

anyone watchin sky sports 1? we might have won the scottish cup today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bahahahaha absolutely brilliant.

You're still 4th in the league mate or is that all forgotten after beating Peterhead?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colin14:

anyone watchin sky sports 1? we might have won the scottish cup today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're still 4th in the league mate or is that all forgotten after beating Peterhead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed, our away record against SPL clubs has been terrible this year, I wouldnt say anything until we get some sort of form in the league before any cup runs

• SI Staff

As long as we don't get Hibs!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

You're still 4th in the league mate or is that all forgotten after beating Peterhead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember they've now got a *special* player that can now score a hat-trick against teams such as Peterhead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Christ I must have some special powers or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lovenkrands hat-trick, Boyd hat-trick, calling Hibs in the draw, it comes in 3's though icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Remember they've now got a *special* player that can now score a hat-trick against teams such as Peterhead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well finish above the two mobs from the east anyway, thats for sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Remember they've now got a *special* player that can now score a hat-trick against teams such as Peterhead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well finish above the two mobs from the east anyway, thats for sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

Came intoday and thought right I’ll chill and watch some footie, ok so its Celtic and not my Rangers but hay worth a look.

Celtic was appalling, Clyde out played them off the park and that was no second string side Celtic put out. It was going on 5-0. when Celtic got the goal I thought surly not they cant win and Glad they didn’t they didn’t deserve it.

The Hibs game should be good, and excellent Celtic cant get the treble.

icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

Thank fck we avoided Clyde in the next round. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye all those players that were on the trial and on the scrap heap sure played well but then I dont rate this celtic team at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

aye all those players that were on the trial and on the scrap heap sure played well but then I dont rate this celtic team at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just shows how bad we are. Alex McLeish should be ashamed of himself that we are so far behind thos **** poor Celtic side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

aye all those players that were on the trial and on the scrap heap sure played well but then I dont rate this celtic team at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just shows how bad we are. Alex McLeish should be ashamed of himself that we are so far behind thos **** poor Celtic side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just that - Celtic's defence is **** poor, yet instead of having a go in November, we put out a team designed to get a point.

Just joined the RST btw. Should have done it about a year ago, but better late than never!

Welcome to the Trust GF.... icon14.gif

Superb article from my colleague Stephen Smith in the NotW of all places on Sunday.

At least that rag gives us the right of reply I suppose and in it we make McNee look like the moron he is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Welcome to the Trust GF.... icon14.gif

Superb article from my colleague Stephen Smith in the NotW of all places on Sunday.

At least that rag gives us the right of reply I suppose and in it we make McNee look like the moron he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Blue Order get paid £10 for having a letter published...which can be used to fund our next display!

Isn't irony wonderful?

And I agree, excellent letter.

Poor, poor taste.

I'm presuming this is a national company producing these though Frankie and not specifically a group of Celtic supporters? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thompson agrees deal with Cardiff

Rangers striker Steven Thompson has agreed a two-and-a-half year contract with Cardiff City.

And the Coca-Cola Championship club will reveal their signing on Tuesday.

Rangers announced on Sunday that they had agreed a fee, believed to be about £250,000, for the 27-year-old Scotland international striker.

Cardiff had failed in bids for Hibernian's Derek Riordan and Kilmarnock's Kris Boyd, who has since moved to Rangers.

The Glasgow club's manager, Alex McLeish, had said on Friday that the Scotland striker would not be allowed to leave until Dado Prso returned to fitness.

But he has since had a change of heart, with Thompson keen to move in search of first-team football.

Thompson joined Rangers from Dundee United in January 2003 but never established himself as a regular.

Nonetheless, McLeish expressed his gratitude for the contribution he has made in his three years at Ibrox.

"He has done very well for us and was part of the squad that won two championships and helped us reach the last 16 of the Champions League this season," he said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best of luck to the guy. Stevie Thompson playing in the Premiership this time next year?

just read some more brilliance from Hearts "loony-in-chief" Mr Vladimir Romanov on the teletext icon_biggrin.gif

first off, he thinks the Hearts/Celtic game on New Year's Day should be replayed because of Fyssas' red card being overturned yesterday, saying if we want a fair game in Scotland, the game should be replayed as Hearts were leading 2-1 at the time

then he goes on to even more ridiculous lengths icon_biggrin.gif saying he wants the games against Hibs when Hearts lost 2-0 and the game against us at Ibrox when we won 1-0 to be replayed again cause his team were "beaten up" icon_biggrin.gif

he said "My team h as not been treated fairly. My players have been beaten up. I didnt expect this kind of thing in Scotland. Instead thinks are more primitive"

gotta love the Vlad dont you, even wants replays when Hearts are beaten fair and square icon14.gif

Had a read (and a chuckle) at that interview earlier.

Not sure how much of it's said in a daft attempt to rile the Old Firm or SFA, but it doesn't do much else than show him up as a twit. He may well have an astute business mind, but he's displayed plenty he knows bugger all about football.

They guy makes good copy, but his comments are embarrassing and downright inaccurate.

Hearts were the players 'beat-up' at Ibrox before Xmas. Brellier, Pressley, Mikolounias, Neilson, Jankauskas, Bednar and probably more all guilty of countless bad challenges without punishment.

Archived