Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Would people stop trying to give our good players away ffs? icon_biggrin.gif

Saviola would not be an expensive signing, so lets not hand over our to assister or one of our only right mids.

Smugs game icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of only right mids? Hleb, Rosicky even Theo can play there. Freddie wouldn't be a great loss, Jose Antonio would though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

Cole is not going to chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs, Sol will be the only player to leave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Saviola would not be an expensive signing, so lets not hand over our to assister or one of our only right mids.

One of only right mids? Hleb, Rosicky even Theo can play there. Freddie wouldn't be a great loss, Jose Antonio would though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rosicky not remotely a right mid, Theo is a 17 year old who 'can play there'.

So one of our only right mids then, yeah?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

One of only right mids? Hleb, Rosicky even Theo can play there. Freddie wouldn't be a great loss, Jose Antonio would though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rosicky not remotely a right mid, Theo is a 17 year old who 'can play there'.

So one of our only right mids then, yeah? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might as well say only one right mid then because Hleb wasn't remotely a right mid when he joined.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rizzudo:

Do you think RvP will be used on the right like for Holland, he's looked good so far. Have we ever tried playing 433 without it turning to a 451? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah i cannot see that

Played on the wing fairly often in the past. But our only right mid? Yep, fine with my point still standing up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine, you can have that one. My main point though was that Freddie really isn't that important to us and I can't see him playing much next season.

Ljungberg's seen better years -/

Saviola would be interesting, not sure how he would fit in. Is Adebayor gonna feature much ? Coming off the bench, etc - did you pay money for him or was he a free ?

Not sure how RvP, Rosicky, Henry is gonna go ? Rosicky in midfield ? With who ? Interesting season coming up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

Anyone else hoping to go to DB10s testamonial? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wish i could but it seems unlikely i will get tickets

Yeah,he'll start when he's fit. Mainly because if you watch him, he's really good at football. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na, you're wrong. Freddie is important to us squad wise, but he won't be a 1st team starter anymore if everyone is fit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

The Thuram rumours seem to be rearing their head again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

please no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

Yeah,he'll start when he's fit. Mainly because if you watch him, he's really good at football. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na, you're wrong. Freddie is important to us squad wise, but he won't be a 1st team starter anymore if everyone is fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whats your stsrting 11 then if everyone is fit?

Reyes and Hleb on the wings with Gilberto and Cesc in the middle with van Persie and Henry upfront. But that's leaving out Tomas because I don't know where Wenger wants to play him, and also it will be his first season here so he will need to be slowly introduced.

Reyes and Hleb on the wings with Gilberto and Cesc in the middle with van Persie and Henry upfront. But that's leaving out Tomas because I don't know where Wenger wants to play him, and also it will be his first season here so he will need to be slowly introduced.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has denied reports he has held talks about possibly taking over at Real Madrid.

Real Madrid presidential candidate Juan Miguel Villar Mir claimed in reports last weekend that he had held talks with Wenger about managing at El Santiago Bernabeu.

Villa Mir is hoping to win the presidential election in July and, in a bid to win support, he claims he will try and lure Wenger to Spain.

Real are looking to appoint a new coach and the likes of Fabio Capello, Sven Goran Eriksson and Marcello Lippi have all been linked with the post.

Wenger has been mentioned with Madrid for some time as they have struggled to recapture former glories in the last few seasons.

Villar Mir claimed he was hopeful of bringing Wenger to the club if he was elected president, but Wenger has moved to quash the speculation.

"I do not know if someone has spoken with the club, but with me nothing has been agreed." Wenger told Spanish daily AS.

"It is not true."

It seems highly unlikely that Arsenal would consider any approach for Wenger as they prepare for life in their new home at the Emirates Stadium.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

we have no say </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I give you permission to start the new thread icon14.gif

Archived