Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-9? Bloody hell!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sochaux have warned suitors of Jeremy Menez that the teenage playmaker will not be leaving on the cheap.

Menez is one of French football's brightest prospects and has been linked with a summer move away from Sochaux.

UEFA Champions League finalists Arsenal have reportedly asked to be kept updated on the 19-year-old's situation.

Paris Saint Germain and Monaco are also admirers of the schemer, who endured a slightly disappointing past season.

He has one year remaining on his Sochaux contract and has recently rejected an extension at Stade Bonal.

But though the starlet appears unsettled at the club, Sochaux are adamant Menez will not be sold for a knock-down fee.

"He is evading us so far," commented Sochaux chairman Jean-Claude Plessis.

"Anyway, I have no intention to sell him cut-price." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">According to reports in Italy, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is mulling over a move for Ternana playmaker Luis Jimenez.

The 22-year-old has spent the last six months on loan at Serie A outfit Fiorentina and has reputedly caught the eye of the Gunners boss.

Ternana have now been relegated to Serie C and as a result are highly unlikely to keep hold of the Chile international.

Although no official confirmation has been forthcoming from either party, reports suggest that tentative talks have taken place.

Arsenal are in the market for squad reinforcements after the departure of both Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp, but Wenger has already moved quickly to sign Czech star Tomas Rosicky.

Ternana prospect Jimenez is also thought to have caught the attention of Gunners' scouts and could now be in contention for a switch to the Emirates Stadium for next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing concrete here, and my personal knowledge of the two goes little beyond FM knowledge here.

Slow day...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

You all now i've bookmarked that. The awesome performance v United, not for us. icon_cool.gif

He's just had tonnes of good games at CB, and got all this s**t form playing out of position (left mid Arsene?). PCifb. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, as the WC starts tomorrow, we'll see just how good another undervaued Arsenal player is, seeing how well he plays for his country. Jose Antonio. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cygan is indeed fb. That goal line clearance away to Roma>>>*.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Arsenal are on the verge of signing 17-year-old Dutch starlet Vincent van den Berg, according to reports from Holland on Friday.

The Heerenveen midfielder has met with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as well as compatriot Dennis Bergkamp and has been offered a contract with the North London club.

Despite van den Berg having also had the option to sign a deal with the Frisian club he has set his heart on a switch to the UEFA Champions League finalists.

The former Feyenoord prospect is ready to sign a deal and will no doubt hope to follow in the footsteps of ex-de Kuip star Robin van Persie at Arsenal.

Van den Berg, who left Feyenoord's Academy to join Heerenveen two years ago, has caught the eye after representing his country at youth team level.

The exciting prospect was a member of the Dutch side who achieved a third-placed finish in the Fifa Under-17 World Championships in Peru last October.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

I'm told by my Rosicky sources that it's well done. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have these sources said anything about this Adriano deal thats supposed to be happening, find it hard to believe tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenaltops:

I'm told by my Rosicky sources that it's well done. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have these sources said anything about this Adriano deal thats supposed to be happening, find it hard to believe tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, these guys only tell me stuff as it's happening, maybe a couple of days heads up. I'm pretty certain Adriano isn't in/flynig to London right now.

PLus, we aint *****ing all our transfer kitty on an area that needs maybe the least strengthening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenaltops:

Are you drunk or something goon? No way is Torres better than Adriano </div></BLOCKQUOTE>based on what? A couple of 30 yard goals from Adriano's left foot?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tailormade Slacker:

One goal easily makes that the best purchase EVER. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*waves*

And if you want him CM GOD, at least spell him right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

DID YOU ALL JUST SEE THAT?? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Zakora>Rosicky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived