[FM11] It started with a Droylsden dream [ FM 2011 - Journeyman career ]

GioGio85

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmi Madsen has risen like a phoenix from the flames. I dropped him to the reserves after a slump around Xmas and he has done his very best to win me over again.

He is now banging in the goals and having just entered March, he is top of the German goalscoring charts. his rep has changed from 'national' (where it was in the summer) and returned again to worldwide. What a man.

2030/31 -FC Schalke 04 (German first division)

An amazing season to update you on.....officially my most enjoyable to date.

German First Division 1st place (Champions)

My most comprehensive league win yet. Lost only 2 games all season and signed off for the season with a 6-2 win away against rivals Bayern Munchen. Scoring the most goals in the league (81) and conceding the least (19) summed up a very successful league campaign.

German Cup – Winners

Pretty easy run in up until the quarter finals until we had to beat Hannover in an epic 4-3 win. I then beat Nurnberg in an easy 2-0 win to face Leverkusen for the 2nd consecutive season in the German Cup final.

The final was an amazing game for the neutral although the Schalke faithful it must have been a hideous rollercoaster of emotions. We were drawing 1-1 at half time before Jimmi Madsen came off the bench to grab what I thought was the winner in the 81st minutes.

Inexplicitly Leverkusen’s amazing striker Volf jumped in to grab his 2nd goal of the game in the 88th minutes. At 3-3 I thought we would go to extra time like last year...Madsen had other ideas and stormed in to grab an amazing winner. We went home 4-3 winners, despite Leverkusen arguably being the better side. Madsen was the difference.

Champions Cup – Winners

We easy saw off the challenge from Aston Villa, Panathinaikos and Barcelona in the group stages to finish group winners and then faced Athletico Madrid in the 1st round knockout.

Madrid were 3rd in La Liga at the time, but after a solid 0-0 draw away (which we were unlucky not to win) we then did the damage at home with a solid if unspectacular 1-0 win.

Next up in the Quarter Finals was Villa again, the only team to have beaten me in the group stage. They beat us again at Villa Park 3-2 meaning we had to beat them at the VELTINS-Arena. This time, in a tense game, a goal from Madsen was enough to see us proceed to the Semi Finals on away goals. We then put in 2 amazing performances against Manchester United, beating then 2-1 home and away to win 4-2 on aggregate.

After an amazing end of the season run we faced 2nd placed Tottenham in the Final, full of confidence after pumping 10 goals past Bayern Munchen and Leverkusen. It was an interesting game against the club I support but I was confident that we could be victorious. Another epic game ensued and we went into extra time after a 1-1 draw. 2 goals in 5 minutes saw us take a 3-2 lead with 5 minutes left...but while attempting to change my gung ho tactics Spurs took advantage and Italian fullback Gorosito snuck in to equalise after 119 minutes. The game went to penalties and central defender Khcharem stepped up to smash the ball over the bar. We had won the Champions Cup Final versus Spurs and done the treble!

Players

Player of the yearJimmi Madsen (SC)

Amazing man. I thought he was on his way out after a slightly sub par performance by his standards last time round. But he was immense all season and was instrumental in winning the treble, scoring important goals in all competitions, 25 in 26 league games and 37 in total.

Other key players include:

- Eduardo Roldan (AMC / ST)

My £10m deep lying striker won German Footballer of the Year and with 12 goals and 17 assists, he proved to be a dynamic and important member of the squad.

- Koen Langeveld (SC)

20 goals in his first season after his free transfer move from Bari. Langeveld scored 17 goals in the league and helped us keep the momentum throughout the course of the season.

- Hans N’Dioro (AMC)

5m signing from St. Johnstone was an important signing who stepped in for league games in my important attacking midfield position (he missed registration for Europe). He finished with 11 assists and 2 goals and despite being a highly strung player, he has amazing ability.

What next?

Having done the treble there's not more I can do. I really like managing Schalke but I have now done pretty much everything I can in German football. I think my love for the club will keep me there for another season and my young squad can hopefully get better and better.

Still need to replace Madsen at some point...especially now he is available as a coach.

Wow amazing season, you are now the Champions Of Europe !!!

Good luck with blooding the youngsters, you gonna need alot of patience !

Yeah I think your right. My team is already fairly young on the whole but I want to bringing through some of the clubs own youth players. We have had 1 this summer from the academy who looks like he could play central midfield (sadly for me, a position I have lots of competition for)....so a good start.

I already blooded 3 young defenders last year and they eneded up being instrumental in my treple success with some solid displays. Defence looks OK, its the midifield that needs freshening up a bit.

Great read this fella like how detailed it is with all screenshots too just wonderd do you use 4-4-2 at all of these clubs?

Thanks, glad your enjoying it.

I have changed my formation a few times. I stuck pretty much with a 4-4-2 in England but then changed to a more fluid 4-5-1 formation for my first 3 seasons with Dordrecht ( I had 2 inside fowards that I wanted to make good use of).

If I recall I ditched the 4-5-1 formation in my final season with Dordrecht and reverted back to a standard 4-4-2 formation. By this stage I had got together a decent team but I needed to play with 2 strikers to get the goals my play deserved.

When I left Dordecht for AZ I moved to a 4-4-2 diamond formation, which I have stuck to so far with both AZ and Schalke. Obviously you need a good defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder...something I hadnt previously had a my former clubs before AZ.

My career so far:

2010/11 (Unemployed) - N/A

2010/11 (Droylsden) - 13th in Blue Square North.

2011/12 (Droylsden) - 9th in Blue Square North.

2012/13 (Droylsden) - 1st in Blue Square North (Champions)

2013/14 (Droylsden) - 17th in Blue Square Bet Premier and FA Trophy winners.

2014/15 (Droylsden) - 7th in Blue Square Bet Premier.

2015/16 (Grimsby Town) - 1st in Blue Square Bet Premier (Champions)

2016/17 (Grimsby Town) - 10th in npower League 2.

2017/18 (Grimsby Town) - 17th in npower League 2 (upon leaving the club in December 2017)

2018/19 (Rotherham United) - 24th in League 2 (upon leaving the club after 7 games)

2018/19 (Oldham Athletic) - 2nd in Blue Square Bet Premier (Promoted via the playoffs)

2019/20 (Hartlepool United) - 13th in npower League 2.

2020/21 (Bristol Rovers) - 1st in npower League 2 (Champions)

2021/22 (Bristol Rovers) - 2nd in npower League 1 (promoted as runners up)

2022/23 (Bristol Rovers) - 24th in npower Championship (upon leaving the club in October 2022)

2022/23 (FC Dordrecht) - 1st in Eerste Divisie (Champions)

2023/24 (FC Dordrecht) - 7th in Eredivisie

2024/25 (FC Dordrecht) - 7th in Eredivisie and Dutch Cup winners

2025/26 (FC Dordrecht) - 6th in Eredivisie

2026/27 (AZ Alkmaar) - 1st in Eredivisie (Champions) and Dutch Cup winners

2027/28 (AZ Alkmaar) - 1st in Eredivisie (Champions) and Dutch Cup winners

2028/29 (AZ Alkmaar) - 8th in Eredivisie (upon leaving in November 2028)

2028/29 (FC Schalke 04) - 3rd in German First Division

2029/30 (FC Schalke 04) - 1st in German First Division (Champions) and German Cup winners

2030/31 (FC Schalke 04) - 1st in German First Division (Champions), German Cup winners and Champions Cup winner.

2031/32 (FC Schalke 04) - In progress....

International

2023 (Nigeria) - Afican Cup winners

2026 (Uruguay) - Out at group stage of World Cup

2032 (England) - Coming soon

intresting ive always found inside forwards to be brillant watever abilty on this years fm just struggled with wingers thou so wonderd how u went on with them obviously uve changed your tactics around too good effect and suited your players at your dispense just wonderd how youve coped with wingers pal ? and you got anyone lined up to replace madsen or he still in your starting x1 for 1 more year?

intresting ive always found inside forwards to be brillant watever abilty on this years fm just struggled with wingers thou so wonderd how u went on with them obviously uve changed your tactics around too good effect and suited your players at your dispense just wonderd how youve coped with wingers pal ? and you got anyone lined up to replace madsen or he still in your starting x1 for 1 more year?

I struggled to get wingers to play well in the early days with Droylsden etc. but since taking over AZ Alkmaar and Schalke I have been able to bring in some talented wingers who I have identified as being perfect for the role.

Kodio cuts inside from the right of midfield and takes all my set pieces, so gets a lot of asists that way. On the otherside my wonderkid Strom is an out and out winger who is instructed to get to the byline and cross it in. He can beat a man for fun so it's working OK at the moment.

Madsen will definatly play out this next season, his testamonial year after 10 seasons at the club, after that I am considering making him a player coach.

I signed 3 young strikers who all have an opportunity to impress with regards to getting my striking rotation system next season but if Lageveld performs as he did last year then Madsen may not be as difficult to replace

sounds like youve got everything worked out for now then feet up or looking for another challenging club now:P and oki doke i play alot with low leagues and struggle with wingers so never bother so thanks for the reply :)

Season preview 2031/32 -FC Schalke 04 (German first division)

Having surprisingly succeeded in the European Cup ahead of time I wanted to do my best to establish us at the pinnacle of European football.

Players in

I felt I didn’t need to do too much tinkering in the summer. As a result I focused on bringing in some promising youngsters.

In game 3 strikers: Benjamin Sorensen (free) from AGF, Stojan Petrovic (free) from HSV and Australian Sam Cristarella (160k) from Melbourne Victory.

Juan Jose Franch is 16 years old and is a promising AMRC who I pinched from real Madrid for 3m. I finished my spending by signing Pedro Santos from Porto.

All 5 signings were all 20 years of age or younger and arrived for a total of 4.2.

My biggest success was signing some of my integral players from the previous signings on new contracts. Roldan, Strom and Kodio all signed and relinquished their ridiculously low minimum release fees.

Players out

I took the opportunity to let some of my reserve team leave to allow my youngsters to step up a level with the opportunity of more first team football.

4 players left in midfield: AML Andre left for 2.5m to Almeria, Markus Lang left for 4.1m to Valencia, Rafinha joined Sampdoria for 4.6m and Carlao joined Hoffenhein for 1.3m (a club and personal favorite).

Up front Markus Finke left for Athletico Madrid for 2.6m.

Overall I sold 16.75m worth of players.

What next?

The club is currently on the up as proven by the boards decision to commission a new stadium. The Adams Arena, will be ready next June and will seat 76738 people.

Would like to win the league, the cup and at least reach the semi final of the European Cup....not much :) Also a good chance to win a new competition with the Euro Super Cup (versus Barcelona).

In my FM10 save I used to use it as a holiday for the first teamers so went in with youths and reserve teamers. Still won more than I lost! Be good if SI could find a way to make the competition a little more competitive despite not having countries outside of Europe loaded. It's tricky though, don't want to overpower the greyed out players.

Frustrating as despite going out of the cup I was top of the league by 2 points and had literally just qualified in 2nd place for the Champions Cup knock out stages.

Oh well, now through to October time...so back into the swing of things again.

Thankfully due to my transfer policy this summer, none of my transfers were affected.

I even managed to better my result vs Azerbajan as England by winning 7-0 :)

***Winter break 2031/32 update***

After having to start from scratch in July 2031 after a error with my save I had to replay 4 and half months of games. Here’s how I did...

German First Division – Currently 1st

Went unbeaten in the league until I suffered my first league defeat against Bayern Munich away from home (3-1). Apart from that my team has done very well in the league. I have even been able to play a fair number of my youngsters. Bodes well for the future.

German Cup – Out in 1st round

Just like the first time I played this game, I lost in my first game of the season. I don’t know if my team just wasn’t ready for the season ahead at this stage or if it was just an off day, but a smash and grab victory by Duisburg saw a wonder goal from Paulo Pagano ease us out of the competition. Having won the domestic cup for the previous 2 seasons I was very disappointed to leave the competition at the first hurdle....so were the board!

Champions Cup – Qualified for 1st round knock out

Had a tough group this time round where I had to face last season’s fellow finalists Tottenham as well as Sevilla and Parizan Belgrade. We put in a good shift and finished 2nd to Spurs on goal difference.

Nice draw for the next round means we face Marseille, a winnable fixture in my eyes. I would be disappointed not to reach the quarter finals.

European Super Cup – Winners

We were successful in our first ever Super Cup after a fairly fortuitous victory over Euro Cup winners Barcelona. Goals from Kolding and N’Dioro did the damage.

Club World Championship – Winners

Another competition we have won at the first attempt. Very easy (as expected) and after beating Sydney FC 3-0 in the Semi’s we then finished off by beating Velez of Argentina by the same score in the Final. Good opportunity to blood some youngsters and add some dosh to the coffers.

What next?

After going out of the cup it is now a priority to win the league. Obviously I would love to win the Chamoions Cup again but despite our ‘shock’ win last time round I feel reaching the Quarter Finals would be a decent return.

Youngsters are going well at the moment but will be interesting to see if they do as well when the pressure starts to increase at the business end of the season...may have to resort to bringing the experienced heads back in.

Little update for you. I reached a pretty big landmark in my career, with 1000 games now under my belt.

I will have to see out the business end of the season without Madsen, who has picked up an injury that will rule him out for 3 months. Youngsters will now really have to step up.

There was also an interesting development for the Quarter Finals of the Champions Cup......football has a funny way of making these things happen does it!

2031/32 -FC Schalke 04 (German first division)

Took a bit longer after the game threw me a bug...but here we are (at last)...

German First Division – 1st place (Champions)

We failed to beat last season’s points total of 88 points. Despite this I felt that this was the strongest league campaign I have had to date. We only lost 2 games and managed to integrate a new group of youngsters into the squad along the way.

German Cup – Out in 1st round.

Very disappointed to go out of the Cup in our first game of the season against Duisburg. Need to ensure we step prepare ourselves better next season.

Champions Cup Winners

After finishing 2nd in the group stages behind Tottenham (having seen off Sevilla and Parizan Belgrade) we then went through to the 1st round knock out stage where we overcome Marseille on away goals after drawing 1-1 over 2 legs.

We then dispatched my former club AZ Alkmaar with a 2-1home win and a 3-1 away win. Our toughest test came at the hands of Real Madrid. We nicked an undeserved 1-1 draw in the final 10 minutes of the game thanks to a goal from young Australian (and supersup) Sam Cristarella. A wonder freekick from Kodio then contributed to a 2-1 win at home.

We faced Inter Milan in the final and a counter attacking goal from Dario Pereyra and a penalty from Jimmi Madsen was enough to secure our 2nd consecutive European Cup win.

European Super CupWinners.

Goals from Kolding and N’Dioro helped us beat Barcelona in our first ever Super Cup.

Club World Championship – Winners

Fairly easy 3-0 win helped us overcome Velez.

Players

Player of the yearEduardo Roldan (AMC / ST)

Won German Players’ Midfielder of the year and contributed massively with 12 goals and 18 assists. He kept the team ticking over with his mixture of guile and drive. I think of him as my Tevez.

Other key players include:

- Dario Pereyra (SC)

His best season to date although his goal tally is decreasing as the seasons go on. He was a thorn in most defenses sides this year and his pace helped him grab 21 goals and help us with 11 assists. Won German Players’ Striker of the year

- Rasmus Strom (AML)

Young winger stepped up his performances again after a promising 1st year. 10 goals and 8 assists have helped make him one of my top assets....with Man City and Inter interested. They would have to pay his 26m buyout clause though!

- Abdoulaye Kodio (AMRC)

Becoming one of my favorite players. Kodio is a truly inspired signing who seems to put in performances of great quality when it is really needed. 10 goals and 20 assists show his worth to the team.

- Mohammed Melliti (DR)

Vice captain was as solid as ever and finished with an average rating of 7.34

- Jimmi Madsen (SC)

Played less games this season than the previous 4 years but he is still a quality world class player. Signed a new 2 year deal but I shall be looking to get Madsen and Kolding signed up as player-coaches for the next season.

What next?

Another European Cup title under our belts and our third league win in a row. We are now a very solid team who on our day can beat almost anyone. With our youngsters slowly coming through, the future looks bright if we can hang onto our stars.

I want to play the next season in our new stadium and after that will see if my future lies elsewhere.

Im really not sure where I want to go next...my initial plan was to pop over to Spain or Italy, but I feel a bit homesick and wouldnt mind a return to the UK. I think I will judge it depending on what jobs are available at the time.

I want to christen the 76738 seater Adams-Park with a few trophies first :)

Thanks E.Gray. Fortunatly I have managed to find some real gems in the transfer market with Strom and Kodio on the flanks being great finds for around 7.5m in total.

Think I have enough goals in me now to oversee the retirement of Madsen....famous last words maybe?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived