FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember last year OLT had the same problem and he couldn't sort it out. I even had a look at the file and couldn't figure out what was wrong.

I fixed it.

Every round needs the ranking levels set for the winners and losers. The winners need the current ranking (of the next round) and then the highest ranking needs to be set to '0'. If this is not set then the winners of this round ranking will not change. So if no team can achieve a ranking of '0' then no winner will be recorded. So, the winners of every round need to have their highest ranking set to '0' - this tells the game that they can still win this cup/tournament.

The winners, runners-up and 3rd place in the CFU Club Championship is now recorded and they enter the CONCACAF Champions League.

Starting to get to grips with the advanced panel now, it is very hard and the amount of time you have to spend testing & tweaking is astronomical. Very rewarding though when things work!

I fixed it.

Every round needs the ranking levels set for the winners and losers. The winners need the current ranking (of the next round) and then the highest ranking needs to be set to '0'. If this is not set then the winners of this round ranking will not change. So if no team can achieve a ranking of '0' then no winner will be recorded. So, the winners of every round need to have their highest ranking set to '0' - this tells the game that they can still win this cup/tournament.

The winners, runners-up and 3rd place in the CFU Club Championship is now recorded and they enter the CONCACAF Champions League.

Starting to get to grips with the advanced panel now, it is very hard and the amount of time you have to spend testing & tweaking is astronomical. Very rewarding though when things work!

Good job on fixing it. Last time I seem to remember the wrong teams being noted in third place, it was very bizarre. But then that was with the editor in FM10 so maybe something has changed.

A little bit of help here please. I'm attempting to recreate the luxembourg leagues. There are two cups: Coupe de Luxembourg and Coupe FLF. The first three rounds of these cups are common, with the teams from the 3 bottom tiers playing eachother. From that point onwards, the top tier teams enter the Coupe de Luxembourg, and the lower teams reching this point also qualify for the Coupe FLF - so what I want is all teams that go through the Third round of this cup to automatically qualify for the second cup happening later in the same year, but no matter which settings I use this doesn't seem to work. What league fates and way to get teams on the other cup do I need to use?

Anyone has ever had to do something like this? Simply can't get it to work.

You would need a combination of Fate Actions and Qualified teams (the tab in Competition). The fate should be Qualify Team for Competition and the tab should be getting Qualified Teams for Comp. Fill in the other sections and see if it works. It is the right direction but maybe not the right settings as I haven't tried it myself.

There is no need for doing that - stopping all comps. You can make one competition a time, like you recreate CAF Nations Cup, then test it. If works, go on AFC Cup and so on. You can not erase thos from database, they must be active, and you can not add new ones.

I'm sorry what do you mean? They must be active? I guessed that once when I tried to disable them and after a while it crashed, but how active? Can you create a dummy final? What do you mean I cannot add new ones. Do you mean that I cant recreate any of the International Competitions, but I can't create a new World Cup, or something.

I meant - you can not erase international competition included in game, nor add international competitions that are in database, but are not available to play.

All you can is recreate existing ones, like Euro or Gold Cup or Caribbean Cup - but - you can not make e.g. AFC/OFC Challenge Cup activated, although it exists in database.

Magic...

Do you know how to select the winners/runners-up of apertura & closura stage leagues? I'm having problems with the CONCACAF Champions League in later seasons as too many Mexican & American teams are entering the competition. So to re-do the competition I need to select the winners & runners up in both Apertura & Closura in the Mexican league. I'm not re-creating the mexican leagues just want to be able to select the above.

The only ways I can think of are Get League Stage Teams and Get Qualified Teams From Stage. However for these you need to now the 4 letter stage name SI use (I have no idea what these may be - try open, aper, clos, etc.

That would be like guessing the lottery numbers lol as each stage has a league & a cup to determine the winner.

Magic, have you got any continental cup competitions to work correctly? I'm using paulgerty's USA file as a reference and for North American Champions League he has the following for qualified teams:

Get Registered Teams For This Comp and Year

Info: 1

Seeding to Give Teams: 0

Get Registered Teams for This Comp and Year

Info: 2

Seeding to Give Teams: 1

Info: 3

Seeding to Give teams: 2

Get Qualified Teams for Comp

Info: 0

Seeding to Give teams: 0

info: 1

Seeding to Give teams: 1

Then the winners of the Canadian Champions Cup and winners, runners-up & 3rd place of the Caribbean Champions Cup.

Now what does all that do? I've no idea what the above is actually doing. What does the 'Get Registered Teams for this Comp and Year' and 'Get Qualified Teams for Comp' mean and do?

That would be like guessing the lottery numbers lol as each stage has a league & a cup to determine the winner.

Magic, have you got any continental cup competitions to work correctly? I'm using paulgerty's USA file as a reference and for North American Champions League he has the following for qualified teams:

Get Registered Teams For This Comp and Year

Info: 1

Seeding to Give Teams: 0

Info: 2

Seeding to Give Teams: 1

Info: 3

Seeding to Give teams: 2

Info: 0

Seeding to Give teams: 0

info: 1

Seeding to Give teams: 1

Then the winners of the Canadian Champions Cup and winners, runners-up & 3rd place of the Caribbean Champions Cup.

Now what does all that do? I've no idea what the above is actually doing. What does the 'Get Registered Teams for this Comp and Year' and 'Get Qualified Teams for Comp' mean and do?

You would be best off asking him or testing the file yourself, I haven't worked on continental competitions since the O-League (which involved recreating the rules of all the nations anyway as they are not in the game, your situation is different). What I have asked for previously is that SI include all their competitions in the comps.fmf file and take them out of fm.exe.

You would be best off asking him or testing the file yourself, I haven't worked on continental competitions since the O-League (which involved recreating the rules of all the nations anyway as they are not in the game, your situation is different). What I have asked for previously is that SI include all their competitions in the comps.fmf file and take them out of fm.exe.

Yes including ALL competitions in comps.fmf for FM2012 would be extremely helpful for all of us.

I re-created the North American Champs League with all the correct teams qualifying (except the right teams from Mexico as yet).

The qualified teams from the USA come from:

MLS Cup Winner

MLS Cup Runner-up

US Open Cup Winner

Supporters Shield Winner

A problem arises when for instance in one of my tests LA Galaxy won the MLS Cup, US Open Cup and Supporters shield in one season. The next season only 2 teams entered the North American Champions League from the USA (LA Galaxy & the MLS Cup runners-up) instead of 4. The other 2 USA slots went to Mexico and they had 6 qualifiers instead of 4.

Anyone know why this happens? Or have a solution to this?

A problem arises when for instance in one of my tests LA Galaxy won the MLS Cup, US Open Cup and Supporters shield in one season. The next season only 2 teams entered the North American Champions League from the USA (LA Galaxy & the MLS Cup runners-up) instead of 4. The other 2 USA slots went to Mexico and they had 6 qualifiers instead of 4.

Anyone know why this happens? Or have a solution to this?

Basically the qualification rules pick enough teams when different teams win each competition but not for the same teams. If you know which teams would be picked in that case (e.g. it could be the US Open Runners up) then include them in the qualification (where the competition gets teams) at the VERY END of the team list. As long as you use max teams in that stage then the competition will stop when the number of teams reaches that number.

I'll try to simplify that:

Say for example you have the community shield. Only two teams enter but what if the same team wins the League and Cup? You'll need to get a third team - if you tell the competition to get one of the runners up then it will get the third team if necessary. If it doesn't need a third team then it won't get that far.

Hey All,

I am just wondering I have just got the advanced editor & basically wondering is there a guide how to use this has i was told this is the thing to use to make 3 groups so say example Group A , B & C and it be like the championship which at the end of the group's Group A would play Group B & Group C would get a bye then the winners of Group A or B would then play Group C in the final so basically it 3 groups like a league and then the 3 winners of that group play each other in the semi then final.

Can any 1 help?

Much appreciated

This may be a stupid question since I've managed to create a lot in the advanced editor (I think), so I don't know what I'm missing.

I've created a five-tiered league, but only the top division appears as playable when I load the database. I thought it might have something to do with the listed competitions under the "nation" part of the list... is there a particular way I need to number them in that section? Is there something I'm missing somewhere else?

Thanks!

----

Ah, it looks like I've figured it out!

This may be a stupid question since I've managed to create a lot in the advanced editor (I think), so I don't know what I'm missing.

I've created a five-tiered league, but only the top division appears as playable when I load the database. I thought it might have something to do with the listed competitions under the "nation" part of the list... is there a particular way I need to number them in that section? Is there something I'm missing somewhere else?

Thanks!

----

Ah, it looks like I've figured it out!

In the Nation file under division you should have all the leagues you want to be able to choose from when starting a new game. In the Competition section you should list all the competitions that the game will generate as playable (you can also tell the game not to load it if you do not load down to a particular level).

Do you want, for example, Ajax to play in England, or Arsenal to play in Spain?

You could just change the nation of the team you want to play in the foreign league to that nation of that league (for example, if you want Ajax to play in England, you change Ajax's nation to England). If you leave the city as Amsterdam, the team will continue to generate Dutch newgens.

Thanks, Magic! I took one more look at it before I left for work this morning and found the exact same setting you just pointed me to! I posted this question right before bed and then, with the light of day, it all became clear!

Here are three other questions for you, though:

1. In the OP, you've got the comps.fmf for download. I understand those are for if you want to edit an existing competition rather than creating one from scratch. How do I load them into my list?

2. If I decide that I would prefer to recreate them from scratch (e.g., North American Champions League, MLS), will creating new competitions in the advanced panel simply override what's in the basic database, or do I need to do something else to ensure that they don't clash?

3. I'm hoping to get rid of the current Canadian Champions Cup and replace entry into the champions league with the winner of the domestic league and the winner of a Canadian open cup. If I set-up these two competitions and recreate the Champions League, will this entirely remove the Canadian Champions Cup? Some of the things I've read on the various boards give me the impression that this competition can't be deleted, but I'm not sure whether that was only using the basic editor.

Thanks for all the assistance you've provided in the first week of my toying with this editor!!

Hey All,

I am just wondering I have just got the advanced editor & basically wondering is there a guide how to use this has i was told this is the thing to use to make 3 groups so say example Group A , B & C and it be like the championship which at the end of the group's Group A would play Group B & Group C would get a bye then the winners of Group A or B would then play Group C in the final so basically it 3 groups like a league and then the 3 winners of that group play each other in the semi then final.

Can any 1 help?

Much appreciated

Any 1 reply? , has I see ur answering others but missed me i would like to know asap please , plus the league is the premier reserve league south plus north group a & b and basically i want the winners of north a & b to play each other then the winner of that plays winner of South can it be done?

Any 1 reply? , has I see ur answering others but missed me i would like to know asap please , plus the league is the premier reserve league south plus north group a & b and basically i want the winners of north a & b to play each other then the winner of that plays winner of South can it be done?

Sorry for missing yours earlier.

Firstly I will suggest that you do something a little simpler with the Advanced Rules first - try setting up a new nation and one division to see how it works. Look at the files in the eng folder of the comps.fmf file to find out more about how it works.

As for what you are after, it is possible - what you need is to create the competition and set the first stage as a group - you'll need to tweak the settings so that each group has the correct number of teams you are after. You then need to set some settings to get the top teams in each group to qualify for the next round. Then in the next stage you need to get the teams from A and B first, get them to play each other then get the last team to play against the winner.

Like I said, I think you might be better off starting with something a little easier to get your head around the settings before starting this - otherwise you might be biting off more than you can chew.

is there a guide or anything for this advanced thing cause like u say i want to be able to walk before i run cause this is a lot more advanced to the basic editor which i'm used to and just like to learn first any videos or tutorials on this anything?

Thanks, Magic! I took one more look at it before I left for work this morning and found the exact same setting you just pointed me to! I posted this question right before bed and then, with the light of day, it all became clear!

Here are three other questions for you, though:

1. In the OP, you've got the comps.fmf for download. I understand those are for if you want to edit an existing competition rather than creating one from scratch. How do I load them into my list?

2. If I decide that I would prefer to recreate them from scratch (e.g., North American Champions League, MLS), will creating new competitions in the advanced panel simply override what's in the basic database, or do I need to do something else to ensure that they don't clash?

3. I'm hoping to get rid of the current Canadian Champions Cup and replace entry into the champions league with the winner of the domestic league and the winner of a Canadian open cup. If I set-up these two competitions and recreate the Champions League, will this entirely remove the Canadian Champions Cup? Some of the things I've read on the various boards give me the impression that this competition can't be deleted, but I'm not sure whether that was only using the basic editor.

Thanks for all the assistance you've provided in the first week of my toying with this editor!!

1. First a notice that not all the settings are in those files - however the majority are (e.g. the English FA Cup doesn't have the command for which teams to get - if you don't add them in it won't work). Simply download the file or use your own comps.fmf file (can be found in the install directory then data for the original release then in the updates folder for each subsequent patch) which you can extract the contents using the Resource Archiver. Then load the editor files in the editor.

2. For this you need to increase the version number of the file - usually the game has version 1 set so anything higher will overwrite those settings. (I have noticed that the European Champions League does not overwrite at version 2, so in some cases it might just be worth setting the version to 10.)

3. To remove the Canadian Champions Cup you'll need to set up a new Continent File with a higher version number than what is already in place - you'll have to set up the qualification rules again as well as the fixture and disciplinary rules. This is the only way to remove the competition.

is there a guide or anything for this advanced thing cause like u say i want to be able to walk before i run cause this is a lot more advanced to the basic editor which i'm used to and just like to learn first any videos or tutorials on this anything?

There aren't any guides as such but SI have provided some of the in game files in the comps.fmf files - if you download it and have a look at the competitions in the eng folder you will see how the files should be set up. This is the best starting point.

So for question 1, once I've extracted, I just load those editor files the way I would load the .xmls that I've created...

Ah. So as long as the version number (on the very first tab when you create a nation, continent, competition, et cetera), is higher than whatever is in the database now, it should overwrite.

I'll make everything version 5 or 10 and see what happens. In the case of versions, then, zero is not the highest the way it is for placing in a competition.

Thanks for the quick response - I feel like I'm so much closer to getting the game to do what I want it to do!!

Hey All,

Can any 1 help?

Much appreciated

Once you get to grips with the advanced panels this should be doable. Setting up stages and choosing the winners of which stage play in the next stage and so on. I recommend downloading other peoples files that they've created using the advanced panels and use them as a guide.

Basically the qualification rules pick enough teams when different teams win each competition but not for the same teams. If you know which teams would be picked in that case (e.g. it could be the US Open Runners up) then include them in the qualification (where the competition gets teams) at the VERY END of the team list. As long as you use max teams in that stage then the competition will stop when the number of teams reaches that number.

I'll try to simplify that:

Say for example you have the community shield. Only two teams enter but what if the same team wins the League and Cup? You'll need to get a third team - if you tell the competition to get one of the runners up then it will get the third team if necessary. If it doesn't need a third team then it won't get that far.

Cheers for the response again...

That should work now. Unfortunately with this competition each time one problem is solved another one comes up. Mexico seems to be causing all the problems. The first year is perfect all the correct teams take part but then as each year goes by more and more mexican teams take part in it. After 3 years of testing there are now 8 Mexican teams qualifying for the tournament. It's crazy.

I'm hoping to move towards re-doing the NACL in my file soon, JLlo - the challenges you're facing a informative... and a little scary! I may come to you with a question or two, if that's all right.

Sure, not a problem!

The problems are mainly down to if you wish to have the Mexican league playable. As you can't just get it to select a team from mexico, as Mexico will have actual qualifiers from its Apertura and Closura stages.

However, I think I *may* have solved it. (fingers and everything else crossed)

But as mentioned above... with solving one problem another one comes up. Now it's not registering the winners of the tournament.

Could I just select Mexico in addition to Canada and the US when loading the game (the latter two of which I'm looking to restructure into a 'European style' format) without doing anything to the Mexican structure in the advanced panel? I would probably run Mexico in parallel anyway. I can't even imagine having to work my head around Apertura/Closura...

I started a five-year holiday before work this morning so I'm pretty excited to get home and see if everything's gone as expected.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you've been looking at paulgerty's USA file... I've been doing the same. Have you replicated a lot of what he's done? The rationale behind some of it hasn't been clear, so I've tried replicating it, but I'd prefer to understand what I'm doing rather than blindly copy. :p

Could I just select Mexico in addition to Canada and the US when loading the game (the latter two of which I'm looking to restructure into a 'European style' format) without doing anything to the Mexican structure in the advanced panel? I would probably run Mexico in parallel anyway. I can't even imagine having to work my head around Apertura/Closura...

I started a five-year holiday before work this morning so I'm pretty excited to get home and see if everything's gone as expected.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you've been looking at paulgerty's USA file... I've been doing the same. Have you replicated a lot of what he's done? The rationale behind some of it hasn't been clear, so I've tried replicating it, but I'd prefer to understand what I'm doing rather than blindly copy. :p

Sorry I meant the problems with re-creating the North American Champions League is if your having the Mexican leagues running (like I do). You don't have to touch the Mexican leagues it's just been a pain trying to ensure you get the right 4 teams from Mexico for the NACL.

Yes I've used paulgerty's file as a base... as I'm merely making it playable for my own game. Just ensuring MLS (untouched), NASL & USL are all playable and the MLS draft comes from the NCAA. All that is working fine now. I've also re-created the Caribbean Club Championship to include Puerto Rican qualifying & Antiguan qualifying before the tournament starts as PR Islanders & Antigua Barracuda are playable in game, so you want the chance if you manage those teams to qualify on merit not by random choice. The North American Champs League didn't work correctly so I've spent hours trying to sort that out and it's very difficult.

I am under the assumption in paulgerty's file that all 3 of his USA structures are merged with the structure you choose having the ighest version number.

Yeah, it looks like all the various structures are merged in each database. I asked precisely that question on his thread, which perhaps you've seen and are answering it for me!

I've created Canada and have been testing with MLS as it is... I'm going to do a Canadian open cup tonight (or, what I can get done before I have to leave to see TFC play in the NACL) and hopefully a lower league cup.

Have you created reserve divisions? When I created all this in nation rules for Canada, I had split my 80 Canadian clubs into four regional divisions for reserves and U-18. I created one parent competition for the four child 'tier one' regional reserve leagues and one parent competition for the four child 'tier two' regional reserve leagues.

So, it would look like this:

Parent Division 1:

Eastern Canadian Reserve League 1

Ontario Reserve League 1

Western Canadian Reserve League 1

Pacific Reserve League 1

Parent Division 2:

Eastern Canadian Reserve League 2

Ontario Reserve League 2

Western Canadian Reserve League 2

Pacific Reserve League 2

The relegation/promotion was supposed to be regional, with a playoff champion consisting of the winners from each of the League 1s. What I found under nation rules was that although each regional league clearly indicated the league to which teams should be promoted/relegated, teams that were neither promoted nor relegated would often get shunted into one of the other regional leagues for no reason.

Now, my question. Do you think I should mirror this set up in the advanced panel? Also, any ideas on how to make sure the teams promote/relegate properly? I could spend more time on setting longitude/latitude for cities/stadiums and set boundaries, but I'm hoping there's an easier way in the advanced panel, since each regional league structure is, to an extent, self-contained.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Latitude and Longitude is going to be needed for the cities if you want to keep everything balanced.

You can set each Reserve league to mirror the Main Division in the Nation section therefore keeping the teams in the right division. However this will be a simple league, and is either 1 or 2 round robin. To create something more complex you'll have to set up the competitions like any other league.

You could set the Reserve leagues to be regional and you can set each local region for each Reserve League.

When you set it up you must have the "Number of Teams" field set - this is actually the average number of teams each group will have. You can then choose to set the min and max as you wish.

Look at eng.xml to have a look at how it is set up for England.

Hello men, i have a question..

Well, I am trying to install de version 1.91 with the patch 11.3.0 and in the square when says List, there is nothing, and I'm crazy to find the solution. Okay, I often installed and nothing! :( Any solution?

Well, I'm sorry for my english because I'm from Spain, and well, is not very good.

I expect to have a answer , goodbye and thanks you!!

Once you get to grips with the advanced panels this should be doable. Setting up stages and choosing the winners of which stage play in the next stage and so on. I recommend downloading other peoples files that they've created using the advanced panels and use them as a guide.

Has Any 1 got any files they bee kind enough to give me using the advanced panels so i can please use them has a guide many thanks :)

Has Any 1 got any files they bee kind enough to give me using the advanced panels so i can please use them has a guide many thanks :)

Sorry there is no guide, download the files in comps.fmf and have a look at the files in the eng folder to see how the files are set up for England.

Gentlemen (and Ladies?),

When I loaded a test save this morning for the database I'm working on, I noticed that although each team has a reserve squad and a U-18 team, the players on each were the same and there was actually no one under 18 on the U-18 team.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the U-18 team, but I've set the minimum and maximum youth contracts (to 14 and 18, I believe) and the minimum senior contract to 17.

I wanted my teams to be almost completed populated with newgens - I've added one or two players to each team (a couple of teams had full rosters - Toronto FC, Vancouver, Montreal), and I find that most teams have fewer than twenty players when you start the game.

When I initially created my league in the basic editor I didn't have this problem. That said, I had created league structures for both the reserves and U-18s, which I have yet to do in my advanced editor file.

Is there a particular setting I have to alter to:

a) fill the teams with a minimum number of players (the maximum squad size for each league is currently set to 30)

b) generate more U-18s

c) ensure that teams start with only U-18s on the U-18 tab.

Thanks, as always!

Hello men, i have a question..

Well, I am trying to install de version 1.91 with the patch 11.3.0 and in the square when says List, there is nothing, and I'm crazy to find the solution. Okay, I often installed and nothing! :( Any solution?

Well, I'm sorry for my english because I'm from Spain, and well, is not very good.

I expect to have a answer , goodbye and thanks you!!

Push the Add button down in the right corner....

I have a real Problem at the moment and i am not sure if that what i want is possible at all :

My Problem is ,

i want to change the german regional Divisions (level 4) for the season 2012/2013 from 3 Divisions to 5 (Season 2011/2012 to test it)

So i added two more Regional Divisions...(and all the required settings for it)...and if leave i it that way - they work (the new Divisions just show up as with no teams and not scheduled in the game...)

But as soon as i add "STAGES" to one of the New Divisions ...the game won't update the season anymore (relegated teams just stay there as relegated forever)

Does anyone have an idea how to do this ?!?

p.s. i nearly tried everything possible... (even two parent competitions one for 2010...2012 and one for 2012/2013 -:)...nothing helps)

Archived