FM2011 Demo - What Formation Are You Using?

I used the formation below with Man City and Liverpool so far with varied results. I tweaked it during the half season with City and was top when the demo came to an end, i'm currently trialing it with my third team now, i've gone Juventus.

Formation - 41221

Team - Liverpool, Man City and Juventus

Roughly how many games - Completed demo time line twice

Successful? - Liverpool had really mixed results, absolutely savaged by injuries. City was a lot better after tweaking it, highlight was beating Utd 5-1.

Team for City was:

GK Hart

RB Richards

RCB K Toure

LCB J Lescott

LB Kolorov

DM de Jong (Water Carrier)

MC Y Toure (Central Mid, Defend)

MC Barry (Deep Lying playmaker)

AMR Milner (Inside Forward Support)

AML Silva (Inside Forward Support)

SC Tevez (Trequartista)

4-4-1-1 with Kristiansund BK

I could post the players but I highly doubt you'll know them! lol

KBK is the main team from the town I live in (Ole Gunnar Solskjær played and was raised here btw!), and they are in the second division in Norway. It goes: Tippeligaen(Rosenborg), 1st Division, 2nd Division(KBK).

Won every match so far. (Still in the preseason) Can't wait to take these guys into the chamions league! :D

Manchester United:

---------------------------Akinfeev-----------------------------

Van der wiel-----Ferdinand-Vidic-----------------Evra

-------Anderson/Carrick-------Scholes/Hargreaves---

Valencia-----------------------------------Nani/Giggs

-------------Rooney/Lukaku---Berbatov/Hernandez

Currently second in the league unbeaten.

3rd in my champions league group (Real Madrid, Schalke, Rubin Kazan)

team: Real M.

formation: 4-5-1

mentality: attacking

high pressure

passing: more direct

creative freedom: more expressive

gk - casillas

dr - s.ramos /wing back/att

dl - marcelo / wing back/att

dc - pepe /cen.def

dc - carvalho /cen.def

dm - khedira / anchor man

mc - xabi alonso / cen.mid/ support

mc - ozil / advanced plymk /att

amr - ronaldo / inside fwd / att

aml - di maria /winger/support

fc - higuain / deep lying fwd/ att

currently played 8 games in primera..all won, 1st by 5 pts, scored 22 and conceded 4.

in CL group with PAO, Inter M. and Young Boys..3 games played, 2 won, 1 drawn...

I find the game quite easy but maybe that is because Madrid has such an awesome squad to work with. Top class team of FM11.

Inter Milan

Maicon - lucio - samuel - santon

Stankovic - Cambiasso

Hazard - Sniejder - Pandev

Dzeko

Won all pre-season, won super cup vs Roma but lost on penalties to athletico in the euro super cup.

Played a 4 1 2 2 1 (2 cm / amr+aml) and it failed epically. Was good during play but never scored many and kept loosing 1-0 :(

Played as Arsenal on my first trial run using a narrow 4-2-3-1:

Almunia - sweeper keeper defend

Sagna - full back attack

Clichy - full back attack

Samba - centre defender defend

Vermaelen - ball playing defender defend

Fabregas - advanced playmaker support (PM)

Diarra - ball winning midfielder defend

Vela - inside forward attack

Nasri - attacking midfielder support

Arshavin - inside forward attack

Van Persie - deep lying forward (TM, into feet)

Fluid, Control, Short Passing

Pretty successful - 2nd in the league in January, one point behind Chelsea, but very close on joint points with Tottenham and one point ahead of Man Utd.

Formation - 4-3-1-2

Team - Tottenham

Roughly how many games - The full six months so twenty odd games

Successful? - Extremely well, third in the league albeit 11 points off the pace. Topped my CL group winning five and drawing one, a group that had Inter, Valencia and Rosenborg !

@ Hursty

The assymetric positioning of your DMC and MC, is that something you always find performs better than just the same players in central positions? I'm curious because I'm considering a move away from my usual formation, to one with those two positions.

Yeah, well I just feel that it is a bit more balanced as with the two wingers there if I were to play the midfielders in the usual central position I feel that there'd be no cover to prevent breakaway's as there would always be a hole. But then if I played them both in the DM position there would be a massive gap from my midfield to the forwards where the opposition would dominate and the transition from defence to attack would be too direct. Therefore, I chose to play the DM and a CM as it allows for cover all the way up the pitch and also a smoother transition from defence to attack, which is also shorter.

Formation - 4-5-1 (see below)

Teams - Inter, Fulham, Malmö FF

Roughly how many games - Maybe 50 in total all clubs included

Successful? - Not really. It did the trick with Inter, but the 4-2-3-1 I tried shortly after was siginificantly better. Mid-table with Fulham, top half with Malmö FF.

.........ST.........

AML..............AMR

......MC....MC......

........D MC........

DL....DC....DC....DR

.........GK.........

Formation - 4-2-3-1

Team - Man Utd

Games - 4 months

Success - Somewhat, was a close 3rd when I stopped playing, team was playing fairly well with rooney out on the left wing but was struggling to convert chances, this may have been something to do with rooney playing on the left wing...thought berbatov would be able to produce more goals up top on his own than he did

I'm managing Arsenal, and I'm having a lot of problems with injuries (surprise, surprise) and have to use a lot of kids, so my formation depends on who I can put out. If Walcott plays I put him on the right wing in a 4-1-4-1 formation and play wide; otherwise I use a narrow 4-1-3-2 foramtion.

I'm struggling in lower mid-table, although I wasn't helped by the first 3 matches being against the other 3 of the top 4!

Archived