Footballing Families- Game Thread

There will be updates every Tuesday and Thursday, guaranteed. I will try to update during the other days of the week as my schedule allows

Hello all, and welcome to our newest special, Families in Football. For many, athletics is a family affair, your father probably pushed you to one sport or another and maybe you had an affinity for it, or maybe you didn't. There are many families where not just one person had an affinity for a particular sport, but multiple generations have. You have the Mannings in American football, the Hulls and Howes in hockey, and the Maldinis and the Kranjcars in football, and don't forget arguably the most successful multigenerational family in football, the Laudrups of Denmark, who have had 3 generations play high level professional football. That brings us to our purpose here, over the last few days we have been finding new families to bring into the world of football and see what they can do. And now we have 11 families who think they have what it takes to be the best family in football history. We will follow the careers of 11 managers as well as their sons to see who will be crowned the best family in football. Along the way, will these players garner comparisons to legends of old from their countries? Will they bring glory to their clubs and their nations? Do we have the next World Player of the Year winner in our midst. These are all questions that will be answered over the next 20 or so years, so stay tuned.

And now we present to you the 11 managers and their sons:

Managers

Charles Beams

Joel Tompkins

Steven Fisher

Neeraj

Sercan Cali

William Hall

Lawrence Lazewski

Lee Chu-Yung

Albert Holstein

William Watson

Ian Burrows

Players

Lazer Beams

Ray Beams

Jean-Paul Tompkins

Thierry Tompkins

Arnold Fisher

Sam Fisher

Ishu

Manu

Baris Cali

Mert Cali

Didier Hall

Lionel Hall

Lawrence Lazewski Jr.

Walter Lazewski

Lee Chu-Jae

Lee Chu-Seok

Hubert Holstein

Humberto Holstein

Gory

Whindanski

Greg Burrows

John Burrows

And here is how each of our contestants will be evaluated:

Managers

3 Points per win

1 Point per draw

1 point for every 150 days at same club

25 points for winning the League

10 points for winning domestic Cup

50 points for winning Champions League (or equivalent)

35 points for winning Europa League (or equivalent)

15 points for qualifying for Continental Competition

5 points for being hired to a national team positioin

10 points qualifying for European Championship (or equivalent) (getting out of group stages for Copa America, Gold Cup and OCE Nations Cup)

35 points for winning European Championship (or equivalent)

25 points for qualifying for World Cup

50 points for winning World Cup

Players Points

All Players

3 Points appearance in Top League

2 Points appearance in Lower League or Cup

4 Points appearance in Continental Competition

5 Points appearance in International Match

-3 points for a yellow card

-8 points for a red card

5 points for MoM

GK

5 points for a clean sheet

1 point every 3 saves

-1 point every 3 goals allowed

DEF

3 points for a clean sheet

1 points for a goal

1 points for an assist

1 point for every .50 tackles/90

MID

1 point for a clean sheet

2 points for a goal

3 points for an assist

1 point for every 5% over 50 pass completion (centre mid)

1 point for every .50 dribbles/90 (wingers)

FWD

3 points for a goal

1 point for an assist

1 point for every 5% over 50 shots on target

I am going to play around with a few different update styles for the first couple and hopefully decide on one that I like the best, as always, feedback is desired

The scoring will run for the duration of the domestic season. So leagues that run in just 09 will be scored with 09-10, 10 with 10-11, and so on and so forth. This does present an issue when players transfer between these leagues, but it will balance out where a player will be at a disadvantage for one season and an advantage for the next, but it is easier for me to keep track that way.

This looks special, I love all the different games people have been trying just to keep FM alive and not dull after you have won everything with some conference team!! I wish the actual FM boys had as much originality and effort.

Thanks Spartans5 it looks bloody great.

Ishu, in my rules, I stated that you were not allowed to start at a club already in Europe, as such, your manager was moved at my discretion

GIBurrows, I accidentally didn't load the German Second Division, but have the Bundesliga loaded, you have the option of keeping your players at Aachen, where they may not be fairly scored, or you can move them to any other playable league in the world as I have them all loaded except the 2.Bundesliga and the German Third Division.

Racing is acceptable, all your players will be moved to Racing.

And to answer the question if reserve appearances will count. The answer is no. For a match to count, it must be a competitive match, in other words. I must be able to see the heading of the match if I click on a past year in the history.

Racing is acceptable, all your players will be moved to Racing.

And to answer the question if reserve appearances will count. The answer is no. For a match to count, it must be a competitive match, in other words. I must be able to see the heading of the match if I click on a past year in the history.

Can I get the screenshots as I am all giddy about this.

What I can do is edit the manager at Racing to be exactly like him. The only reason I want to avoid restarting the whole game is because it takes a long time to load everything up. If that doesn't work for you, I can restart everything.

I am restarting the game because of my mistake with the German leagues. The opening screenshots will have only minor changes and I even doubt that because nothing has changed and no one has any random stats, so those will stay the same.

I will publish the scoring table in December and in June every year, but will hopefully have stats in every update

July

Beams:

Charles Beams has brought in Bruno Basto on a free, and he will be looking to get back into the Premier League at the first time of asking. He led Middlesbrough to a 6-0-0 perfect preseason and will be hoping to carry that through to the first match at home to Sheffield United. Lazer Beams expects to feature prominently for his father after racking up 7 goals in preseason play. Ray Beams, the 14 year old, will hope to tear up the youth leagues after garnering a goal and an assist in 6 preseason matches.

Tompkins:

Joel Tompkins used the month of July to poick up Celestine Babayaro and Tony Warner on free transfers. With one friendly still to go, against the Chelsea Reserves, Charlton is 3-1-1 so far this preseason. 14 year old Thierry Tompkins played in all of Crewe's 7 friendlies scoring 1 goal. The same went for 16 year old Jean-Paul Tompkins, but they both look to have bright futures ahead of them.

Fisher:

At Burnley, Steven Fisher brought in Bryan Hughes on a free and Martyn Atkinson from Tamworth for $65K and let Christian Kalvenes go to Newcastle for $650K. Burnley still have 2 friendlies remaining (at home to both Braga and Sevilla) but has a 4-0-0 record in the 4 that have been played so far. His sons, Arnold and Sam have featured in friendlies for Sunderland with Arnold grabbing 2 assists in 5 matches and Sam scoring a goal and having an assist in 4 matches.

Cali:

A quiet start to the season for the Cali's in Turkey. Sercan led his squad to a 2-2-1 record in preseason, but the regular season still doesn't start for another month, so will all the preseason work go to waste? Baris made 4 friendly appearances cataloguing a goal and an assist, while Mert had an assist in 4 matches.

Gupta:

Chelsea attacking midfielder Manu, has gone out on loan to Derby, in the Coca-Cola Championship, until January 13, 2010. In being loaned out, Manu is hoping to earn some valuable first team experience, although he feels that he is too god to be loaned out. Vitoria Sport club brought Michael Channell and Aislan in on free transfers. Neeraj has led his club to a 3-0-1 record so far with 12 goals for and none allowed in the 3 wins but a 3-1 defeat at home to Arsenal is the lone blemish on that record with friendlies against Benfica and Roquetas left. Back in England, Chelsea Reserves striker Ishu hopes to secure a loan move to get some valuable first team experience.

Hall:

William Hall at Sunderland has yet to bring anyone in during this preseason. With one more friendly to go, he has a 4-1-0 record. Lionel Hall has 2 goals and 1 assist in 5 friendly appearances. Didier Hall has 5 goals and 1 assist in 7 friendly appearances and looks ready for the season to start.

Lazewski:

The season in Poland is about to begin, but already the younger Lazewski's have started their campaigns. In the Polish Super Cup and the first leg of Europa League 3rd Round Qualifying, Lawrence Lazewski Jr. has played well, although it is younger brother Walter who has been the star has he has 2 clean sheets, one in the Polish Super Cup win over Wisla and the other in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round Leg 1 victory over MSK Zilina. Elsewhere in Poland, Lawrence Lazewski brought Vladan Milosavljev and Nilson in on free transfers and lead Zaglebie Lubin to a 2-3-2 preseason record and gets ready to start his campaign against runners up Legia.

Lee:

The K-League in South Korea is in midseason right now and Lee Chu-Yung is trying to lead his squad into the fight for the Championship and spots in the Asian Champions League. He is looking to his sons, Lee Chu-Jae and Lee Chu-Seok for high quality performances to hopefully lead his squad to glory. After 16 matches, Pohang are 8-3-5 and sit in 4th place, the last spot to qualify for the Asian Champions League. To date, Lee Chu-Jae has played in 17 matches with 11 goals and 0 assists. Lee Chu-Seok has featured in 14 matches with 1 goal and 3 assists and has been far more disciplined than his brother, receiving only 1 yellow card.

Holstein:

Over in Belgium, Albert Holstein led Germinal Beerschot to a 3-2-1 preseason record. Along the way he brought Danny Mathijssen, Steve Olfers, Kevin Bobson, and Jean-Felix Dorothee, all on frees. However, he was on the losing end of a 4-1 match versus Standard in the first match of the season. His sons, playing for Anderlecht featured In friendles with Humberto scoring 1 goal in 5 friendly appearances off the bench but Hubert, in 4 friendlies, had an assist. Hubert also featured in Anderlecht UEFA Champions League Best Placed Qualifying Round 3 Leg 1 victory in the Czech Republic over Sparta Prague and played fairly well.

Watson:

At Wrexham, William Watson has brought in two players, Chad Bond (Swansea) and Richard Smallwood (Middlesbrough), on loan as he tries to guide his squad into the Football League, with the help of his sons Gory and Whindanski, although who knows how long those two will be with the club. Having finished their preseason, they managed a record of 2-2-2, which will hopefully have them ready enough for the campaign in the Blue Square Premier. Gory went through preseason with 9 goals and 4 assists in the 6 matches, and totally dominated every match. His younger brother Whindanski had 2 goals and 3 assists in the 6 preseason friendlies and he seems ready to go for the season.

Burrows:

Over in Germany, the Burrow's look to get started on the right foot. Ian Burrows has brought in Ze Adriano and Rahmane Barry on free transfers. Aachen got ready for the start of their season with 7 friendlies, in which they went 6-0-1. He will look to his son Greg for goals, he had 4 goals and 3 assists in 6 friendly matches, and will hope his other son John signs his pre-contract deal after having a goal and 3 assists in 7 friendly matches.

Lazer Beams

Season  Club          App   Goals  Asts  MoM  YC  RC  Avg Rating
09-10   Middlesbrough   0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Ray Beams

09-10   Middlesbrough   0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Thierry Tompkins

09-10   Crewe           0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Jean-Paul Tompkins

09-10   Crewe           0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Arnold Fisher

09-10   Sunderland      0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Sam Fisher

Baris Cali

09-10   Goztepe         0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Mert Cali

09-10   Goztepe         0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Manu

09-10   Chelsea         0     0      0     0   0   0         ---
09-10   Derby           0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Ishu

09-10   Chelsea         0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Lionel Hall

Didier Hall

Lawrence Lazewski Jr.

09-10   Lech            2     0      0     0   0   0        7.20

Walter Lazewski

Season  Club          App   GoAll  ClSh  MoM  YC  RC  Avg Rating
09-10   Lech            2     0      2     0   0   0        7.45

Lee Chu-Jae

2009    Pohang         17    11      0     1   3   0        7.04

Lee Chu-Seok

2009    Pohang         17     1      5     4   1   0        7.45

Humberto Holstein

09-10   Anderlecht      0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Hubert Holstein

09-10   Anderlecht      0      0     0     0   0   0         ---

Gory

09-10   Wrexham         0      0     0     0   0   0         ---

Whindanski

09-10   Wrexham         0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

Greg Burrows

09-10   Aachen          0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

John Burrows

09-10   Aachen          0     0      0     0   0   0         ---

As I said in the opening post, updates are guaranteed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I will do my best to update on other days of the week, but a lot of the time, my schedule doesn't allow for that.

August

Beams:

A record was set on August 8, as Charles Beams had his youngest son, Ray, play in Middlesbrough's Coca-Cola Championship match against Sheffield United at the tender age of 14 years and 273 days, making him the youngest player in league history. To date, Ray has made 2 substitute appearances in the Championship and 1 appearance in the Carling Cup, and has an average rating of 6.67. Older brother, Lazer, has played in 6 matches total, scoring 2 goals and earning 1 assist with an average rating of 7.08. The season has gotten off to a rough start so far for Charles, Middlesbrough opened the season with 3 straight draws then lost a heartbreaker 4-3 to Doncaster, before beating Gillingham 3-0 in the Carling Cup 2nd round, earning a date with Doncaster in the 3rd round. They were then trounced by Bristol City, 3-0, to end the month. Boro sit 20th in the table right now, with only 3 points.

Tompkins:

A day after seeing the Coca-Cola Championship record for youngest player set, Thierry Tompkins went out and played for Crewe against Dag & Red at the age of 14 years and 239 days. Thierry went on to make 5 more appearances, 4 league and 1 cup, during the month of August, gaining two assists although his average rating is a 6.50 for the season. Jean-Paul Tompkins played in Crewe's 5 matches and had one goal, which earned the top Goal of the Month for League 2, and 1 assist and has a 6.74 rating so far this season. Meanwhile, at Charlton, Joel Tompkins started his season off with a 6-0 victory at home to Wycombe, whom they played three days later in the first round of the Carling Cup winning 1-0. He ended up going 2-2-1 for the rest of the month in the league and currently sits in 8th in Coca-Cola League 1. Charlton also traveled to the Wigan and lost in the 2nd round of the Carling Cup.

Fisher:

19 year old Arnold Fisher has been called up to the Ghana squad for the matches against Sudan and Japan, we will see if he will make his first appearance for the national team. To earn that call up, Aronld played in 5 matches for Sunderland and has two assists and a 6.68 average rating. Sam has yet to make an appearance for Sunderland, likely because he is only 14 years old, so it might be a while before we hear anything from him. It's been a tough start to the season for Steven at Burnley. The season started with a 2-0 defeat at Turf Moor to Birmingham. Then a trip to White Hart Lane ended in a 4-2 defeat, before Manchester United came into town and won 3-0. Burnley needed extra time to get past Grimsby in the Carling Cup 2nd Round before losing 2-0 at Goodison Park.

Cali:

Only 1 match has been played in Turkey for the Cali's. It was a 3-1 win at home to Turgutluspor. Both Cali boys played in the match but didn't really have much influence on proceedings, a very quiet month for the Turks.

Gupta:

Over in Portugal, Neeraj has had a rough start in Liga Sagres. A season opening victory at Vitoria Futebol Clube was followed by a 4-1 loss to Benfica and a 1-0 loss at P. Ferreira. At Chelsea, Ishu is still stuck in the reserve squad and doesn't look to be going anywhere for the moment. At Derby, manu hasn't really gotten off to the best of starts, with only 1 goal and a 6.52 average rating in 5 matches so far, but there is still plenty of time for him to turn that around.

Hall:

On August 6, it was announced that both Didier and Lionel Hall were called up to the Australia squad for their friendly against Ireland, it is unknown as to whether or not either will be in the matchday squad, but just being called up is an honor for any player. Didier Hall was able to make his debut for Australia just before the Premier League season started. He has also gotten off to a fantastic start, especially considering of his 5 appearances, 4 have been off the bench, and quite a super sub he has been, scoring 4 goals so far this season, with a 7.12 average rating. Brother Lionel, who also made his international debut, doesn't have any goals or assists so far in 4 appearances, with 3 being starts, and a 6.53 rating. Overseeing his son's playing time, William Hall had a very difficult start to the season. His first three matches in charge of Sunderland were at the Emirates (4-0 defeat), home to Manchester City (3-1 defeat), and at Anfield (5-1 defeat). A home date against Huddersfield was the reward for such a tough start which ended in a 4-0 victory, and they continued the form with a 3-0 home victory over Portsmouth. Sunderland currently stand 15th in the Premiership with 3 of their hardest matches out of the way.

Lazewski:

When it came time for the Poland squad to be announced for their matches against Northern Ireland and Slovenia, Lawrence Lazewski Jr. had found out that he had been called up for a possible debut cap at the age of 20. Lawrence Jr. has really impressed so far for Lech with 6 goals and 1 assist in 4 league matches, and two assists in 3 Europa League matches so far this season. In total he has made 8 appearances and has a 7.78 average rating. Walter has gotten off to a pretty decent start so far, with 4 clean sheets in 10 matches so far this season, which gives him an average rating of 6.99. At Zagliebie Lubin, Lawrence Lazewski is currently 6th in the Ekstraklasa. The season started off with victories at home against Legia and Slask, followed by a 3-0 loss in Krakow to Wisla. He finished the month 3-0-2 in the league and earned a victory in the FA Cup 1st Round over GKS Tychy and will play Cracovia in the Second Round.

Lee:

Lee Chu-Seok saw his performances for Pohang rewarded as he was called up by Heo Jung-Moo for the friendly against lowly Northern Mariana. It was a bittersweet debut for Lee Chu-Seok, and will only further the debate of international friendly play, as he broke his foot in the match against Northern Mariana and will be out for 4 months, ending his season with Pohang. Lee Chu-Yung will be hard pressed to replace his son who has been ever present for Pohang so far this season. Two more appearances for Lee Chu-Jae this month led to a goal and an assist, but otherwise a quiet month for the Lee brothers. Pohang held its position in the league table with 2 wins and a draw during the month of August. They are now 10-4-5 with a match in hand on the 3 teams above them and the two teams below them.

Holstein:

Germinal Beerschot had a rather indifferent month for Albert Holstein. A record of 1-1-1 won't inspire confidence in many fans, but the loss was to AA Gent, only at home. They beat Lokeren on the road and drew with Roeselare at home, and must figure out how to win games at home if they are to challenge for anything this year. At Anderlecht, Humberto hasn't made a first team appearance yet, but Hubert has played in 7 matches so far this season, scoring 1 goal in the league and earning a 6.97 average rating.

Watson:

Gory proved that Northern Ireland is not a nation to be trifled with has his went out and put Israel to the sword and scored a goal in a 2-0 victory for his nation. Gory has won the Blue Square Premier Player of the Month after he scored 10 goals and had 1 assist in 7 matches so far, with an average rating of 8.64, along with earning another call up for the Northern Ireland national team. William Watson led Wrexham to a perfect month, winning 7 from 7, scoring 15 goals and only allowing 2, earning himself the Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month award. Whindanski played in 5 matches for Wrexham and scored 1 goal and earned 3 assists in those matches, with an average rating of 7.28.

Burrows:

Over in Germany, Aachen finds themselves 3rd in the 2. Bundesliga after 3 wins and a loss (home to Dusseldorf). They also beat Babelsberg in the First Round of the DFB Cup, and will play Augsburg in the Second Round. For Ian, Greg, the 19 year old striker, has played in 4 matches this season, scoring 6 goals and getting an assist, with an average rating of 7.78. John, however, hasn't made a first team appearance to date.

September

Beams:

The month of September was a rather good month for Charles Beams at Middlesbrough. It started off rather indifferently with a 0-0 draw at home to Ipswich. But with a 4-2 home loss to West Brom being the only loss of the month, Middlesbrough was able to climb up from 20th at the end of last month, to 12th at the end of September. Also, they booked passage to the Carling Cup 4th Round, where they will meet West Ham, after defeating Doncaster 4-0. Lazer Beams is currently with the England U20 squad at the U20 World Cup but this month for Middlesbrough he played in 4 matches with 2 assists. Ray Beams is also at the U20 World Cup, although he has yet to play in a match, and didn't feature at all for the Middlesbrough 1st team this month.

Tompkins:

A tough month at Charlton for Joel Tompkins. It started off with a loss at Tranmere and despite a victory in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy South 1st Round over Northampton, it never really got any better. The lone league win was at home to Exeter and the overall league record for the month was 1-2-3, and Charlton find themselves in 13th in the league. Thierry Thompkins featured a couple times this month for Crewe, but his average rating is only falling, as it is now a 6.36, maybe a sign that he isn't ready for first team football yet. His brother, Jean-Paul, isn't doing much better and currently has an average rating of 6.59. Crewe are currently 17th in Coca-Cola League 2.

Fisher:

Steven Fisher had a fabulous month in the league for Burnley. He received a 100% of the points possible this month, against teams that he needs to get points from if he harbors any ambition of managing Burnley in the Premiership next season. Victories over West Ham (2-0 at home), Sunderland (2-1 away), and Stoke (1-0 home), will go a long way in helping them fight to avoid relegation. For the next few months, they will only have to focus on the league as well, after they were bounced out of the Carling Cup in extra time at Wigan, by the score of 2-1. Currently, Burnley sit in 12th position in the English Premier League, safe by 5 points. On September 27, 2010, Sam Fisher set a record that will likely never be broken, he became the youngest ever U20 World Cup player at 14 years and 323 days. Although he still hasn't made an appearance for the Sunderland first team. His brother Arnold, did not make the trip to the U20 World Cup, and considering he is only 19 and seems to be a fixture in the Sunderland first team, one would be hard pressed to understand why (especially when this game does not stop players from going to tournaments such as this). This month was a limited one for Arnold, and it will be interesting to see if he is called up by Ghana for the October matches, and if so, if he makes his debut.

Cali:

The season has started off brightly for Sercan Cali. Currently sitting in first in the 2. Liga Phase 1 Group Stage Group B with a perfect record, however, they have been knocked out of the Turkish Cup in the Second Qualifying Round. They are currently 2 points clear at the top with a match in hand on some teams and 2 matches in hand on others. Baris and Mert are both consistently playing for their father although Baris has definitely had the better performances, with a 7.17 average rating, while brother Mert only has a 6.83 average.

Gupta:

A 1-1-1 October record sees Vitoria Sport Club sitting in 9th place in Liga Sagres for Neeraj. If they hope to challenge for European places, they will need to perform much better against the clubs that they will be battling with and beating the clubs that are far below them in the table. Ishu is still stuck in the Chelsea Reserves and will not be gaining any points for his family in the race to be the best for this season if things persist. Manu has also been disappointing. It seems that his morale has not improved, and although he feels he is too good to be on loan, he is certainly not playing like it.

Hall:

William Hall seems to have failed at motivating his players to recover from their early season struggles against the best England has to offer. A disastrous month saw Sunderland lose at Hull, home to Burnley, and at Wolves, all teams that it needs to beat to stay in the Premier League, also getting bounced by Bolton in the Carling Cup. How long will it be before William really starts to feel the pressure to win? Maybe he should go back to bringing son Didier off the bench. After earning a starting spot, Didier has yet to score a goal and his average rating of 7.02 seems to be a bit misleading in regard to his quality from the start of a match, as it seems to be lacking. Lionel has not played well at all this season, with the exception of one cup game. His average rating of 6.63 is rather indicative of the way Sunderland's season has gone in the early stages. Both Didier's and Lionel's increased production will be crucial to the success of the rest of Sunderland's season.

Lazewski:

Lawrence Lazewski's Zaglebie Lubin side sit 6th in the Ekstraklasa after a month that saw them earn 4 out of 9 possible points. The month started off with Lazewski managing against his sons and he was unable to solve either, as Walter earned a clean sheet, and Lawrence Jr. scored a goal in a 3-0 win for Lech. A win over Polonia Bytom and a draw against Belchatow saw them salvage a decent month in the league, and they earned a trip into the Polish FA Cup 3rd Round with a victory over Cracovia, they will play Belchatow in the next round. A very productive month for Walter saw him only give up goals in a Europa League match against Group C favorites Villarreal. There were four other matches for Lech this month, which means, yes, Walter had 4 more clean sheets, and he even has a 313 minute streak without giving up a goal, it's tough for a team to lose when their keeper doesn't give up goals. Lawrence Lazewski has continued his fine form to start the season, scoring 3 more goals this month, all of them in the league. He and Robert Lewandowski are clearly the future of the Polish strikeforce and will hope to force Polish fans to stop thinking what could have been with Lukas Podolski. Needless to say, Lech sit atop the Ekstraklasa.

Lee:

September was a slow and quite month for Pohang. Lee Chu-Yung's squad played 3 matches, and they neither scored nor conceded in any of them. Yes, that is 3 straight 0-0 draws for the club. They have 4 straight clean sheets, now if only they could solve their problems in front of the net, they would probably be at the top of the table. Lee Chu-Jae missed most of the month after being called up to the U20 World Cup and his brother is still on the shelf with that broken foot, Lee Chu-Yung will be looking forward to the day that Chu-Jae comes back because he will need his goals for the stretch run.

Holstein:

Albert Holstein had a very successful month, seeing him grab 7 of 9 possible points to climb up into 4th in the Belgian Pro League. Coming into what looks to be a fairly easy month, Germinal Beerschot appear to be full of confidence and will be looking to take maximum points from their next 4 matches, all against clubs in the bottom half of the league. Anderlecht has started off brilliantly in the league, although Humberto is still finding it very difficult to get a game. Hubert, on the other hand, has been rather ever present for Anderlecht, especially in Europe, although he is suspended for their next match, after picking up 3 yellow cards.

Watson:

While training with the Northern Ireland squad, Gory sprained his ankle and will be out for about 6 weeks, which is very bad news for Wrexham. William Watson, who was without son Gory for the whole month, and still the next two weeks, found it difficult without the constant scoring presence of Gory, recording only one victory this month, drawing twice, and losing the other two matches of the month. Still, Wrexham sit 3rd in the Blue Square Premier, with two matches in hand. Without his brother to pass to, Whindanski found it a little more difficult this month. He still scored a goal, but he only was able to provide 1 other for his teammates, and he will be hoping for better this month.

Burrows:

Aachen sit 3rd in the 2.Bundesliga, after Ian Burrows led his squad to a 3-0-1 month of September, the only loss coming at home to Furth. One of those victories was in the DFB Cup over Augsburg, their opponent in the 3rd Round is yet to be determined. Ian has relied on his son Greg for goals, as he provided 4 this month, all in victories, so it seems, when Greg scores, Aachen wins. John is still stuck in the Aachen U19s and hasn't resolved his desire for an adequate pre-contract deal.

Lazer Beams

09-10   Middlesbrough  10     2      3     0   0   0        6.99

Ray Beams

Season  Club          Apps   Goals  Asts  MoM  YC  RC  Avg Rating
09-10   Middlesbrough 1(2)     0      0     0   0   0        6.67

Thierry Tompkins

09-10   Crewe           9     0      2     0   0   0        6.36

Jean-Paul Tompkins

09-10   Crewe           9     1      1     1   0   0        6.59