Mod Requests

Editing and Deleting your Posts Can I edit or delete my posts?

If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit edit.gif button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Can others edit my posts?

Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages. If they do, there may not be a note telling other users that the post was modified.

From the FAQ section

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a question of whether Miles Jacobson is actively seeking to discourage mods deleting the mixed-up posts.
:( Man that sucks. Oh well.

Ter says that mods in respective forums will be allowed to delete the posts.

So my point above regarding people reposting the posts at the bottom of the post still stands, so long as Dafuge is willing to take his time out to delete said posts.

I think its possible on VB. Just like we've "added" a first post, deleting post 1 simply bumps everyone up a post. We could use a test topic to test it if Dafs happy with this, and doesn't know the outcome of deleting Post 1.

If it so happens that the OP's are replaced or the topic is deleted, we may have a small problem. :(

I've already tested it in preparation for this and deleting the first post deletes the thread.

What I intend to do is to replace the OP of affected threads with the original, the only downside to this is that the wrong persons name will appear by the thread. I can then quote all misplaced posts and delete the originals meaning that the thread will almost be back to normal.

It will take a bit of time but with five weeks off work soon I have plenty of time to do it.

Hi dafuge,

In my new Director of Football Challenge the OP has obviously been spoilt by the forum clock incident so, after reading what you were saying above, could you move what currently appears in Post 1 into Post 6 of the thread (you can remove what currently appears in post 6), then for Post 1 if the thread is still to be classed as starting by me still, could you just put the title of the thread in the opening post perhaps in bold as a way of getting around it please.

Many thanks for your help. :):thup:

After a bit of testing, it looks like I may be able to remove the incorrect opening posts without deleting the thread, which means the incorrect name problem won't happen. What I don't think I can do is to replace the posts that were put in March back to where they should be.

Guest roberto922

BTW I think what Canvey!!! meant was that you were doing a brilliant job considering how many requests you are getting and he feels it is unfair that you're having to do it all on your own. Thats my interpretation anyway.

BTW I think what Canvey!!! meant was that you were doing a brilliant job considering how many requests you are getting and he feels it is unfair that you're having to do it all on your own. Thats my interpretation anyway.

Yes, I think I misread that completely. My apologies to canvey!!!

Guest roberto922

Gah :mad: another problem, I went to check what points I'd get for my challenge and half of it's missing! please put this at the bottom of post #76 please:

Win the Czech FA Cup - 50 Points

Reach the FA Cup final - 45 Points

Semi Final - 40 Points

Quarter Final - 30 Points

Fourth Round - 20 Points

Third Round - 15 Points

Second Round - 10 points

First Round - 0 Points

Sorry for the trouble :o

Dafuge could you please add this download link http://www.sendspace.com/file/oa7w96 to near the bottom of my top post in my my challenge http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=33498 and call it 3 Game battle - Sunderland's Sticky Situation thanks

could you also move the 2 Man United points in the point system to a bonus point section thanks again sorry

Hi Daf

A couple of change requests for the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=32956&page=8:

1. Can you remove the 'Win the Charity Shield: 5 Points' from post #737

2. Can you change the name of the thread to ''The Official CSE European Championships''

Thanks for your time

Robert

I've removed the Charity Shield line.

I've also changed the name but I hope you don't mind me leaving the word 'official' out. I'm not a fan of threads having the word official in unless they really are, which I suppose would only be in the case of SI themselves starting the threads.

Guest roberto922

But I was thinking of expanding it :( making it a tournament for the whole of CSE thus making it the official tournament of CSE

Archived