Mod Requests

Youth Player Project

Bit of a problem. Apparently, I had 16,600 characters in my post, and we're now only allowed 10,000. This is a big problem for me going forward in this thread, with this challenge. Which leads me to only 1 conclusion. I must create my own thread for this, and give each person, (or 2-3 people) individual updates on each post. Much longer winded, but I want to persevere with it. Thoughts please.

(Also thinking that if it has its own thread, it may attract attention and more people may begin doing it..!!)

From your challenges thread, Daf.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Daf. Is soon.. "Lets discuss it Monday, and make a decision a few weeks later" - or - "Lets have this done by Monday" ?

Because I hate having loose ends, and this Youth Project thing not being updated in your challenge is annoying me. As well as the fact that the coding is buggered and will take me 3 times as long to submit the post anyway :(

Someone suggested in OTF that I do it over 2 posts. May well do that temporarily, I guess.

fwiw too, Daf, thanks for all the effort you've put in over the last 24 hours. Theres nothing thats been asked of you thats gone amiss, and we really appreciate it.

Cheers Daf. Is soon.. "Lets discuss it Monday, and make a decision a few weeks later" - or - "Lets have this done by Monday" ?

Because I hate having loose ends, and this Youth Project thing not being updated in your challenge is annoying me. As well as the fact that the coding is buggered and will take me 3 times as long to submit the post anyway :(

Someone suggested in OTF that I do it over 2 posts. May well do that temporarily, I guess.

fwiw too, Daf, thanks for all the effort you've put in over the last 24 hours. Theres nothing thats been asked of you thats gone amiss, and we really appreciate it.

As you can probably guess, the people in charge are pretty busy at the moment so I can't guarantee when we will get a response. When testing the coding, I tried posting the table for my challenge, I got this message:

The text that you have entered is too long (66909 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.
:D

For the time being, I suggest you just split it up and post it separately.

and thanks, appreciate it :)

Dafuge - Pre forum move, you said all the threads that were left, will be moved over to the new forum. My "My Big Fat GK" thread is gone, unless I'm being completely blind.

I even asked you in the "content" deletion to unlock it and make sure it stays :( :( :( :(

Just noticed that a load of threads were missing, they aren't.

If you go to 'quick links' then 'edit options', change the 'Default Thread Age Cut Off' to 'Show all threads'. That should bring back all the missing threads.

This should fix it.

I've made a huge mistake. If you can could you change the title of my Apprentice thread here to:

The Apprentice: Football Manager Edition -- Sign-up Thread

Of course, you don't need to bother changing the titles of all the replies :D. Cheers in advance.

Thanks, and extra thanks for your new forum software troubles. If we had a cookie emoticon, I would give it to you :D - instead, just have this: icon14.gif.

If you gave someone like NepentheZ editing permissions or appealed for an extra mod you wouldn't have to do so much ;).

Sorry for making you do this arduous editing again, dafuge! In my Apprentice opening post (link in quote), could you change the following text, under the heading The Schedule...

Every Tuesday I post a task. On Friday I post the results report. The next few days are then used to determine who is fired ready for the next Tuesday. At the end of 15 weeks we will have our new apprentice.

...to...

Every Tuesday I post a task, and I post its report on the Wednesday. The next couple of days are then used to determine who is fired ready for the next task, which is posted on Friday. The report for that task is posted on Saturday, and another candidate is fired before the next task commences on the next Tuesday. At the end of 15 tasks we will have our new apprentice.

Thanks ever so much :thup:

dafuge' date=' I know everyone incharge of the forums are very busy at the moment, but if you have a spare moment, is it possible for you to change my username so that the \ sign is not in my name please?!

No idea how it has got in there and it would be much appreciated.[/quote']

Unfortunately, at the moment there's nothing I can do. At the moment SI are looking in to the problem and with a bit of luck we should be able to fix all the usernames in the near future.

Dafuge can you change my OP in my challenge to this:

Hi, and welcome to my challenge, the whole point of my challenge is to have fun at least until FM09 comes out. All you have to do is win the CL on every continent.

THE AIM

The aim is to win the CL, the Copa Libertadores de América, the CAF MTN Champions League and the AFC Champions League. To add an extra challenge try to win every league you are in as well.

Eligible Leagues

For the CL:

Any European nations.

For the Copa Libertadores:

Brazil.

For the CAF MTN:

South Africa

For the AFC Champions League:

Any Asian country.

The Rules

* You must go a Brazilian team from the lowest brazilian league possibile to start. Afterwards you can go in any league in the countries you've loaded.

* You do not have to do it in the order I have stated above, that was just to show you what you have to win.

*Screenshots for anything are encouraged. But at the end of the season I need a minimum of the league table and team squad.

*You must set your manager rep to the lowest possible available. I will need a screenshot of proof.

*Player naming and tactic naming is allowed. (this is a warning for those who don't want to see it.)

*You must not use any third party products. FMM, Genie Scout etc....

If I have missed anything out then sorry. Good luck in this. But most importantly, have fun.

Dafuge can you change my OP in my challenge to this:

Hi, and welcome to my challenge, the whole point of my challenge is to have fun at least until FM09 comes out. All you have to do is win the CL on every continent.

THE AIM

The aim is to win the CL, the Copa Libertadores de América, the CAF MTN Champions League and the AFC Champions League. To add an extra challenge try to win every league you are in as well.

Eligible Leagues

For the CL:

Any European nations.

For the Copa Libertadores:

Brazil.

For the CAF MTN:

South Africa

For the AFC Champions League:

Any Asian country.

The Rules

* You must go a Brazilian team from the lowest brazilian league possibile to start. Afterwards you can go in any league in the countries you've loaded.

* You do not have to do it in the order I have stated above, that was just to show you what you have to win.

*Screenshots for anything are encouraged. But at the end of the season I need a minimum of the league table and team squad.

*You must set your manager rep to the lowest possible available. I will need a screenshot of proof.

*Player naming and tactic naming is allowed. (this is a warning for those who don't want to see it.)

*You must not use any third party products. FMM, Genie Scout etc....

If I have missed anything out then sorry. Good luck in this. But most importantly, have fun.

Frazza - Have you decided to remove the North American one from the challenge?

Frazza - Have you decided to remove the North American one from the challenge?

I couldn't find anything that suggests that North America has a CL as Mexico takes part in the South American one. So it would just the the U.S.A cup or the MLS that you would need to win.

I couldn't find anything that suggests that North America has a CL as Mexico takes part in the South American one. So it would just the the U.S.A cup or the MLS that you would need to win.

Fair enough, was just checking in case it had accidentaly been missed out.

Never found that last night. Was too tired. Dafuge if it is possible could you add that to what you have to win please?

Just let me know exactly what needs to be added and where, or just re-post the whole thing here with the additions and I can replace the lot.

Title: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Author: dafuge

Leagues: English Only

Eligible Clubs: Any newly promoted club to the Conference North or South in the second season

Aim: To win the Premiership and Champions League

Title: Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Author: Gundo

Leagues: Various small European nations

Eligible Clubs: Any newly promoted club in lowest playable division in your selected nation in the second season

Aim: To win the top tier of your domestic league and win the Champions League

Title: San Marino "double" Challenge 2008

Author: Ter

Leagues: Italian

Eligible Clubs: San Marino club and national team

Aim: To reach Serie A and qualify for a major international tournament.

Title: The Career Thread

Author: birdy123

Leagues: Any

Eligible Clubs: Start unemployed

Aim: To play a realistic 'career' type game.

Title: International challenge

Author: MadWoodster

Eligible Clubs: Various small international teams

Aim: To win the confederations cup and World Cup

Title: Evertonblokes Round the World Challenge

Author: Evertonbloke

Leagues: Lots from around the world

Eligible Clubs: Start unemployed

Aim: To collect trophies from around the world

Title: FM08's My Big Fat Goalie can score more than yours...

Author: NepentheZ

Eligible Clubs: Any

Aim: to see how many goals you can score with a GK

Title: foxmad's 'Around the World in 80 Days' challenge

Author: foxmad

Leagues: India, Hong Kong, USA, England

Eligible Clubs: Various

Aim: to follow Phileas Fogg's journey around the world winning leagues and gaining reputation as you go

Title: iseemonsters' FM08 Small club to big club South American challenge

Author: iseemonsters

Leagues: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru or Uruguay

Eligible Clubs: Any newly promoted club to the lowest league in the second season

Aim: to win the domestic title, the Copa Libertadores and the Club World Championship

Title: SirToby's British Challenge 08 - NO LONGER EXISTS

Author: SirToby

Leagues: British

Eligible Clubs: Llanelli or TNS

Aim: Win all four leagues in Britain

Title: The Bootroom 2008 Big Challenge - Meon Valley

Author: playmaker

Leagues: English (database provided)

Eligible Clubs: Meon Valley

Aim: To manage a team made up of readers of The Bootroom fanzine with the aim of reaching the Premier League.

Title: Murrayzoster's Old Firm Take Them To The Top Of The World Challenge (FM 08)

Author: Murrayzoster

Leagues: English and Scottish (database provided)

Eligible Clubs: Rangers or Celtic

Aim: To take Rangers or Celtic from the Blue Square N/S to Premier League and Champions League glory.

Title: Scottish Challenge - NO LINK FOUND

Author: borrheedlok

Leagues: Scottish

Eligible Clubs: Any Scottish Third Division teams

Aim: To take any Scottish Third Division club to SPL and Champions League glory using only British players.

Title: MUB17's FM08 - 'Conquer the Big Five' Challenge - NO LINK FOUND

Author: ManUTDBoi17

Leagues: England, Spain, France, Italy and Germany

Eligible Clubs: Various smaller clubs from each country (lists provided)

Aim: To win the league, cup and Champions League in each of the 'Big Five' countries.

Title: PB's FM08 Challenge: Rebuild England - NO LINK FOUND

Author: Playerbrooker

Leagues: English

Eligible Clubs: Premier League clubs outside of the 'big four'

Aim: To achieve despite only signing English players and staff.

Title: Peter_G's Unemployment Challenge - NO LINK FOUND

Author: Peter G

Leagues: England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany

Eligible Clubs: start unemployed

Aim: To work your way up to become a manager of a big club (lists provided)

Title - JoseRR's Hong Kong Double Challenge - NO LINK FOUND

Author - JoseRR

Leagues - Hong Kong (And any others you wish)

Eligible Clubs - Either Workable, Tai Po or Citizen Football Clubs

Aim - Take one of the struggling clubs mentioned to continental success, then lead Hong Kong to unprecedented glory.

Title: JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

Author: JoeRR

Leagues: From: Holland, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Germany

Eligible Clubs: Any newly promoted club in lowest playable division in your selected nation in the second season

Aim: To win the top tier of your domestic league and win the Champions League

Title: Dave's Hall of Fame Challenge.

Author: evry1sfavedave

Leagues: One from each continent.

Eligible Clubs: Any team from the lowest league in your starting country.

Aim: To top the hall of fame in each continent.

Title: The Great Escape Challenge

Author: ayct27

Leagues: England (save game provided)

Eligible Clubs: AFC Bournemouth

Aim: To rescue AFC Bournemouth from inevitable relegation

Title: New Dawn in a New Land Challenge

Author: Wegason

Leagues: Nirtania, custom database based on 'AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation'

Eligible Clubs: Various listed lower league clubs

Aim: To win the Champions League with a Nirtanian club

Title: The Purity Of English Football Challenge

Author: thezogsageordie

Leagues: Enland, plus optional others

Eligible Clubs: Premier League clubs outside the 'big four'

Aim: To take a Premiership team to Premier and Champions League glory in the same season with a team full of British and Irish players only.

Title: Britain and India Challenge

Author: crouchaldinho

Leagues: British and Indian

Eligible Clubs: Start with a newly promoted Indian club

Aim: A journey from India to Britain, following the story.

Title: The Academic Resurgence of Man Utd

Author: jackyb1989

Leagues: English, custom database provided

Eligible Clubs: Man Utd

Aim: To bring Man Utd back from the BSP using only players from their academy.

Title: The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 2.)

Author: NepentheZ

Eligible Clubs: Any

Aim: A prestigious honour for players who have scored 1000 goals

For some threads, the OP has been replaced. Obviously, this is extremely frustrating. Us here at Challenges rely a lot on the OP to give a lot of details. Fortunately, not many threads in CSE were affected by this. Can I propose the following.

- All threads where the OP was replaced due to the forum time lapse, can the posters of these posts simply quote them in the order they were posted, (so for example in my Youth Project Thread, there are 3 posts ahead of the OP. So the person with Post 1 Quotes his post to put it at the bottom) - and then Dafuge could kindly delete the posts preceding the OP.

- In some threads, such as this, perhaps it would be beneficial to simply delete the posts ahead of the OP, as most of them are in regards to the forum messing up, and wouldn't be missed.

If everyone is happy with that, I'll dig up all the CSE topics that require this.

I think its possible on VB. Just like we've "added" a first post, deleting post 1 simply bumps everyone up a post. We could use a test topic to test it if Dafs happy with this, and doesn't know the outcome of deleting Post 1.

If it so happens that the OP's are replaced or the topic is deleted, we may have a small problem. :(

Archived