The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some news,

Southampton have 'supposedly' bid £1.4m for both Webster and Skacel

Valdas has been confirmed as manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My club, AIK Stockholm, will have your forward Hjalmar Thorarinsson on trial for the next couple of days. Can you give me some information about the player? Like what's stoping him from playing? Brutal competition for places, injury or him being poor?

One could also suspect that this has something to do with the rumoured transfer of Derek Boateng in the opposite direction. Same clubs, same agent for both players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hjalmar has looked promising when I've seen him play. I'm actually a bit gutted to be losing him tbh, he's one for the future and would/will become a decent player for Hearts.

Is Romanov's friend on the yacht DoF now as well? Or Sporting Director or what every you call it.

Looking forward to Sunday, team of

Brown

Whittaker/Shields Jones Hogg Murphy

Brown Stewart/Whittaker Thomson Glass/Fletcher/Shiels

Benji Killen

doesn't look too bad at all for now. One more striker needed just in case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

What did thiose poor bastards do to deserve that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking it must be the ritualistic torture of small children or something.

I had a big rant about this the other night but I think it's simply disgusting that Skacel/Webster are considering Championship football over SPL. It seems nowadays job satisfaction is secondary to money...and probably even lower down on the modern day professioanl footballer's chain of command.

I'm sorry, but I would prefer to be playing in the Champions League in front of a full house every week with Edinburgh derbies and OF clashes to look forward to than dreary visits to has beens like Leeds, SHeff Wed etc in front of eery half empty stadiums.

What are they on at Hearts? Probably about £750 p/w -£1,500 p/w? They are probabyl going down south for double that.

Not worth it at all.

After continually looking at Hibs' side I must admit my earlier slating was quite harsh. The defence isn;t that bad actually despite Caldwell leaving. Hopefully Thomson and Brown stay although I'm not too keen on Stewart (ex Scum et al). But Hibs must get another good striker. I heard they were after John Sutton and Tom Brighton today icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

The defence isn;t that bad actually despite Caldwell leaving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you mean 'due to'? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

I had a big rant about this the other night but I think it's simply disgusting that Skacel/Webster are considering Championship football over SPL. It seems nowadays job satisfaction is secondary to money...and probably even lower down on the modern day professioanl footballer's chain of command.

I'm sorry, but I would prefer to be playing in the Champions League in front of a full house every week with Edinburgh derbies and OF clashes to look forward to than dreary visits to has beens like Leeds, SHeff Wed etc in front of eery half empty stadiums.

What are they on at Hearts? Probably about £750 p/w -£1,500 p/w? They are probabyl going down south for double that.

Not worth it at all.

After continually looking at Hibs' side I must admit my earlier slating was quite harsh. The defence isn;t that bad actually despite Caldwell leaving. Hopefully Thomson and Brown stay although I'm not too keen on Stewart (ex Scum et al). But Hibs must get another good striker. I heard they were after John Sutton and Tom Brighton today icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had typed a large respone to this but deleted the fecker in error as I was about to post it, thus I ain't typing it again. Meh...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Naw, everyone that has a team in the intershittyweareadesperatediddyfitbateam cup can feck right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just tell me which tournament/league the intershittyweareadesperatediddyfitbateam cup refers to. I have no idea :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matthew Le God:

Is Andy Webster as good irl as he is on FM?

did Skacel and Webster turn up for Hearts training today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not the fastest and the positional aspect of his game could be better (something that he'll pickup with experience). His determination, passing, heading and bravery are excellent. Imo he's probably the best defender in Scottish football.

We were ok, missed a few chances that would have been gutting in a league match but the game was a slow pace. That mob were awful.

Odense will be a different story, looking at going over for the 15th.

Fletch's free kick was pretty good. Riordan who? He was in the stand icon_biggrin.gif

Thought in spells we were more than ok. Understandable slow start, then taking the foot off the gas too early around teh hour mark, apart from that some great stuff.

They were the strangest team I've ever seen, refused to play long ball EVER, passed really well at times but almost as if they weren't interested in scoring. And the keeper.... my god.

Bit ashamed, considering I can count at least 15 gilf edge chances, that we didn't make double figures.

And we have a centre half \o/ A proper one \o/

They were bloody dross! I don't actually recall a single save being need to be made by Brown...everytime they got the ball Hibs ran back and retrieved it.

I though Fletcher played well but MOM for me was Whittaker - thought he had a great first half in particular.

The weather was actaually refreshing. I was all sticky so it cooled me down...it ****ed the pitch up and the fluency at times (and the flash lightening made me jump icon_frown.gif )

The defense looked good but they were really awful...I cannot beleive how bad they were. Liked the fact they had Hummell kits and Adidas tracksuits icon_biggrin.gif

Poor Lativans. All the way to Scotland to get raped by Hibs then all the way back to Lativia to get raped by Hibs again. icon_frown.gif

Still, the Hibbes won me a few quid becuase of the result so it's all good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matthew Le God:

Is Andy Webster as good irl as he is on FM?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Imo he's probably the best defender in Scottish football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soon to be the best defender in the English Championship icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

That's him definitely moving to one of the Old Firm then icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fortunatly not on the bosman though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richey White:

And we have a centre half \o/ A proper one \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you talking about rob jones? if you are then yes he is a marvelous defender. wins everything going in the air and makes a lot of great timely tackles.

he was too good for us, probably a cc championship quality defender. awesome signing for you and on a free too.

Archived