The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bru-man:

Hibs have been playing full style flair football, it was only an illusion that made it seem like they spent most of the Odense games lobbing high balls up the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll get shot down for typing things like that. Hibs have never lobbed the ball forward (it was also an illusion that, more times than not, only ever punted the ball up to Ratbhoy and Fatboy). God only knows what team they were going to watch, but it sure in hell wasn't Hibs.

I think he's basing his assumptions on our (Hearts) only competitive game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

We were utter gash in both Odense games. Dinaburg would struggle to beat a Artful Dodger XI.

Charlton is the only decent preformance and they fielded 24 players or something like that.

Are these Hibs fans at your work (NHS?) patients ER!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't work in a hospital icon_biggrin.gif

Arsenal

Liverpool

Ajax

Valencia

Benfica

Lille

Steaua Bucharest

AEK Athens

Dynamo Kiev

Levski Sofia

Shakhtar Donetsk

Galatasary

Slovan Liberec

Hamburg

These teams are all seeded in tomorrows draw. Dunno what happens with the Italian teams or any teams going through from the round that may be seeded but it looks like a big team we'll be facing. Only 5 if we're lucky we'd even have a chance of going through against

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MD:

Will Berra be a regular for Hearts or will Tall switch to CB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You doing for drem team? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

He's a Hibs fan I believe.

Berra's alright but not of the standard you are trying to reach I don't think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nor was Webster at first. If Caldwell's good enough for Celtic, then Berra will be good enough for us given time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Probably 2 more as it's only the SPL he's playing in and he has most of the refs in his back pocket anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, he'll get the majority of 50/50* decisions and the refs book him for their own conscience icon_smile.gif

Unless we're playing the of.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richey White:

Second leg away makes it difficult, but definitely winnable.

Gits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It all depends on whether or not we can go one better than Hibs icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Decent draw indeed, should be quite a tight and exciting tie. icon14.gif

Definitely winnable! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your personal thoughts on this (being a Celtic fan)? What I mean is would you have preferred Hearts had got a tie with the likes of Liverpool, Milan et al, so your club would have basically been guaranteed a £6m pot, or don't you mind either way?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Decent draw indeed, should be quite a tight and exciting tie. icon14.gif

Definitely winnable! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your personal thoughts on this (being a Celtic fan)? What I mean is would you have preferred Hearts had got a tie with the likes of Liverpool, Milan et al, so your club would have basically been guaranteed a £6m pot, or don't you mind either way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe you get £2m from the pot if you qualify and we would have £4m, but to be honest it would be nice to see another Scottish team in the CL, we're all used to seeing Celtic playing in it and more so Rangers, let's have someone different competing at that level.

Even if it doesn't go that well, it'll be good for Gordon, Neilson, Hartley and Elliot etc to play in it and experience a much higher standard of football. I personally think the CL is the highest quality competition in the world, and usually even better than International contests, so good luck in getting through. icon14.gif

It's only money! icon_wink.gif

Also, if that doesn't make sense it's because I've had 6 pints at lunch time and everything makes sense to me \0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank christ you don't work in the hospital icon_biggrin.gif

MON THE HIBEES!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Brown

Sheilds Konde Jones Stevenson

Whittaker Thomson Brown Glass

Benji Killen </pre>

That's what I'd like to see the line up today but he will probably have Stuart in there in place of Stevenson or Sheilds and drop Glass/Whitty back to defense and push Brown on to a wing icon13.gif

Also, if that doesn't make sense it's because I've had 6 pints at lunch time and everything makes sense to me \0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank christ you don't work in the hospital icon_biggrin.gif

MON THE HIBEES!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Brown

Sheilds Konde Jones Stevenson

Whittaker Thomson Brown Glass

Benji Killen </pre>

That's what I'd like to see the line up today but he will probably have Stuart in there in place of Stevenson or Sheilds and drop Glass/Whitty back to defense and push Brown on to a wing icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like that too tbh honest, but as much as I like the look of Stevenson I don't think he'll pitch him in today. I think Dalglish has done enough to merit a start ahead of Benji as well, maybe even Konte....

MON THE KILLIE

MON THE PARS

MON THE HIBS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Webster deal set to fall through according to the local paper.

FIFA actually making the rule but have fecked up somehow thus putting it in doubt icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumours that he didn't hand his notice in on time. I really hope he hasn't tbh. Romanov will make his last year here hell and deservedly so. He'll be nowhere near the first team now and probably made to train on his own.

Notice had to be handed in withing 15 days of the season finishing didnt it ?

So has he actually been training with Hearts ?

My worry if we did sign him whould be that he's missed all of our pre-season. I just presumed that he wasnt training with the squad.

Archived