4-1-4-1...v2...great back and front

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by www2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HydeFantics:

ur quitting FM ??? icon_frown.gif

Probablly not.....well no not at all, but I dont think I will be playing any more of 2008, atleast not 8.0.2.

Just have to decide what I hate more:

8.0.1....with shoats to goal ratio issue

or

8.0.2.....with goals galore issue

.......gona have to wait for 2009.....but who knows maybe I am just in a faze, maybe it's those days in the month </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be back. I was completely off FM for a good while, but I'm now hooked again and it;s all your fault!! I'm now testing your tactic with PSV and have won 7 and drew 2!! Only VERY weird thing is that I really scrape wins... A lot of 1-0 wins. From the top of my head, I have scored 15 goals and conceded 2 in 9 games... With Feyenoord, I scored LOADS...

Originally posted by WillemII@Tilburg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by www2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HydeFantics:

ur quitting FM ??? icon_frown.gif

Probablly not.....well no not at all, but I dont think I will be playing any more of 2008, atleast not 8.0.2.

Just have to decide what I hate more:

8.0.1....with shoats to goal ratio issue

or

8.0.2.....with goals galore issue

.......gona have to wait for 2009.....but who knows maybe I am just in a faze, maybe it's those days in the month </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be back. I was completely off FM for a good while, but I'm now hooked again and it;s all your fault!! I'm now testing your tactic with PSV and have won 7 and drew 2!! Only VERY weird thing is that I really scrape wins... A lot of 1-0 wins. From the top of my head, I have scored 15 goals and conceded 2 in 9 games... With Feyenoord, I scored LOADS... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most likely I will, but for now I am kicking some serious hours in Monkey Island.... Guybrush Threepwood for president icon_biggrin.gif

i really think this games gone down hill

a couple of years ago it was the best thing since sliced bread i didn't want to leave the house but these days you have to arsene wenger to play the bloody thing

i mean i don't wanna win easy but for god sake you bring out the game realise it got a few bugs change it slightly put more bugs in than you take out then realise that versions poo so you bring out another version

which is the worst one imo i just wann acome home from work and win a few matches without have to spend hours preparing my tactics i know thats what they do in real life but this is a game and games are supposed to be fun

this isn't fun anymore!!!

I had great success with my Leeds team, took them up to Premiership within 3 seasons.

I do however think this tactic struggles with smaller teams in the bigger divisions. With Leeds i had 75% win rate until I got promoted to EPL but from then on in I went on a 17 game losing streak, got relegated and lost my job.

Same thing happned at Almeria (spain). Took them up in my first season but now bottom of the league without picking up a win in my last 16 matches.

i have to say this is the first tactic i've used for 8.0.2 that seems quite consistent

at home games performance is great, might need a slight tweaking for away games as these arn't as straight forward. not sure what to tweak yet though.

the defensive record is very impressive, in my first 2 games using it the opposition didnt have any shots on goal icon_smile.gif

i'm 10 games into 2nd season with man utd, won 9 and drawn 1, conceeding only 4. although the draw and 2 of those goals was when i was trying another tactic at the beginning.

silva is great on the left wing, broke the bank but worth it.

overall nice work www2, you have saved my interest for the game even if your losing faith icon_smile.gif

Since adjustments I made to this tactic, failed miserably, I started a new game with this tactic (this time as Dutch giants PSV). Here is the table after my first season:

tableoy8.th.jpg

I was unbeaten for the first 29 (!) league games, but lost away against Ajax (0 - 1), allthough we were FAR better. The next match I lost at home against Groningen (1 - 2) due to an early red card... However, 86 points from 34 games (moren than 2.5 point per game icon_eek.gif) is brilliant!

Too bad I lost the cup final against Ajax on penalties (after drawing 3 - 3) when we played much better (AGAIN!!).

I only managed to score 8 goals from indirect free kicks and 10 from corners (which is far worse than my Feyenoord-season, strange).

Here are the (league)stats of my players:

ratingseb4.th.jpg

One thing I found very interesting, was the great return I got from my MR (opposed to my Feyenoord-exeperience...). I used someone there who is a natural AMR, but who is an accomplished MR and ST as well. Maybe that is important to know...?

Anyway, I will now try to win the national treble next season and to make a mark on Europe (I did reach the knock-out phase of the Champions League this time around, but couldn't get by Chelsea...).

Originally posted by MickyG:

WW2, which was the tactic you were using for 2008 without the patch? could you please give me a link to it? i'm really struggling at the moment with my Southport team! sorry for the trouble, many thanks.

Here you go mate

Well, it seems that this tactic works great in Holland, in any case. Won me the double first season with Ajax, having only signed Ninis and Piatti. Also beat Liverpool 1-0 at Arena for the first knockout round of Champions League, but then lost 4-2 at Anfield. Great whatsoever.

Only qualm is that I have lost both against PSV and Feyenoord at home for the league, but, well, that may have been my teamtalk.

Also, is the corner routine working for you ww2?

Anyway, great work. icon14.gif

Been trying this tactic for my new Genoa game. Not gotten through a lot yet but thought I'd post some initial feedback

The good part

The defence works brilliantly, best I've seen so far. Midfield protects the back 4 very well, and you're right www2, you have gotten the DM instructions down perfectly. Functions as a center back when we dont have a ball and an extra midfielder when we do.

Also very happy with the performances of the attacking midfielder, and the left winger, who have both been getting into lots of good positions and causing all sorts of problems for the opposition.

Could be improved

Not happy with my striker who is barely scoring any goals. Dont know whether thats because of the player (I got Marco Borriello) or his instructions. The only thing he seems to do, is get the ball, turn and shoot, no matter how far he is or how many people are tightly marking him. Averaging over 5 shots a game but only a goal every 5 games or so. Hardly gets any clear cut chances.

What I have just done is lower his mentality and creative freedom, and given him mixed forward runs. Also took off long shots completely a while ago. Will let you know how it goes. Any recommendations though?

Also the right winger is not getting as involved as I would like him too. I have tried Vanden Borre and Kalouda in there. Considering lowering mentality a bit again, and playing with a little more width. Not sure what else to do really.

Clarifications

www2, I noticed that the DM is on easy tackling. Is that because of the player you used, or is it part of the tactic, so to say?

Also, the width and tempo - did you more or less keep these constant or tweak them on a game by game basis?

All in all, great tactic, and will report back with further feedback as the season progresses.

***PSV Update***

I'm now into my second season with PSV and my squad has gone through some changes. Not because I HAD to, but because the results I got with this tactic were so impressive, that I got all kinds of offers for my players which were too good to refuse. So that's another MAJOR advantage of this tactic: you'll sell your players for good prices!! The downside of this is that I wasn't able to replace all the players with equally talented ones, allthough my squad has improved in my opinion (especially in depth).

Anyway, from the 9 league games I played so far, I won 7 and drew 2 (one of them was drawn because one of my players was sent off in the 2nd minute...) AND...I beat Liverpool away from home with 3-0 in the Champions League icon_eek.gif.

Other nice results were the 5-0 trashing of Feyenoord at home and the 2-0 win over Ajax in the Super Cup.

I will keep you posted!!

Great tactic - I've been winning with Spurs for a few years now, starting off using another of your tactics for 8.0.1. Changed to this 2 seasons ago and have finally managed to sweep the board - won every competition I was entered in, including my fifth consecutive EPL title.

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=everythingur5.jpg

Good work www2 - hopefully I'll be able to build on this next season using your excellent tactic!

Originally posted by Yovanation:

Well, it seems that this tactic works great in Holland, in any case. Won me the double first season with Ajax, having only signed Ninis and Piatti. Also beat Liverpool 1-0 at Arena for the first knockout round of Champions League, but then lost 4-2 at Anfield. Great whatsoever.

Only qualm is that I have lost both against PSV and Feyenoord at home for the league, but, well, that may have been my teamtalk.

Also, is the corner routine working for you ww2?

Anyway, great work. icon14.gif

Its working just fine for me.....if I remember right my "chalenge the keeper" player had about 15 goals from corner before I removed him to just go forward

Originally posted by karan316:

Been trying this tactic for my new Genoa game. Not gotten through a lot yet but thought I'd post some initial feedback

The good part

The defence works brilliantly, best I've seen so far. Midfield protects the back 4 very well, and you're right www2, you have gotten the DM instructions down perfectly. Functions as a center back when we dont have a ball and an extra midfielder when we do.

Also very happy with the performances of the attacking midfielder, and the left winger, who have both been getting into lots of good positions and causing all sorts of problems for the opposition.

Could be improved

Not happy with my striker who is barely scoring any goals. Dont know whether thats because of the player (I got Marco Borriello) or his instructions. The only thing he seems to do, is get the ball, turn and shoot, no matter how far he is or how many people are tightly marking him. Averaging over 5 shots a game but only a goal every 5 games or so. Hardly gets any clear cut chances.

What I have just done is lower his mentality and creative freedom, and given him mixed forward runs. Also took off long shots completely a while ago. Will let you know how it goes. Any recommendations though?

Also the right winger is not getting as involved as I would like him too. I have tried Vanden Borre and Kalouda in there. Considering lowering mentality a bit again, and playing with a little more width. Not sure what else to do really.

Clarifications

www2, I noticed that the DM is on easy tackling. Is that because of the player you used, or is it part of the tactic, so to say?

Also, the width and tempo - did you more or less keep these constant or tweak them on a game by game basis?

All in all, great tactic, and will report back with further feedback as the season progresses.

Interesting seeing as my two main players were SC with 50+ goals and MR with something like 15 goals and 35+ assists.

About the DMC, well I set him to easy coz I noticed that DMC's get to many red cards during the season

Width I change very rarely and tempo only if I am in front (by one) last 20 min. than I go to slow.

Originally posted by Jungzin:

great tactic dud =)

didnt play many games, but i could see thats a good choice

by the way, are you the guy who made the www2 tactic for CM0102? hahaha

Seeing as I dont know what tactic you are refeering I am going to say maybe I am......I think that all my tactics had (as they do now) www2 name

Originally posted by hanoispur:

Great tactic - I've been winning with Spurs for a few years now, starting off using another of your tactics for 8.0.1. Changed to this 2 seasons ago and have finally managed to sweep the board - won every competition I was entered in, including my fifth consecutive EPL title.

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=everythingur5.jpg

Good work www2 - hopefully I'll be able to build on this next season using your excellent tactic!

Great season.....I think I managed this only with my San Marino squad and AC Milan but they shouldnt count icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by www2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jungzin:

great tactic dud =)

didnt play many games, but i could see thats a good choice

by the way, are you the guy who made the www2 tactic for CM0102? hahaha

Seeing as I dont know what tactic you are refeering I am going to say maybe I am......I think that all my tactics had (as they do now) www2 name </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was called simply 'www2'

2-3-3-1-1 as formation..

a famous tactic, btw ;b

cant u remember ?

I Have never downloaded a tactic in all of my CM-FM carrer so its in a blur to me, but I think I do remember something like it.......if it was in this forums than I saw it definetly

***PSV Update***

Well, I haven't quite finished the season yet, but after 30 games, I already won the title, having lost twice and drawn three times. I scored about 74 times (could be one more or less) and conceded 17 goals. I beat Ajax and Feyenoord both home and away, but lost away against Ajax for the Dutch Cup...

In Europe, I managed to reach the Quarter Final of the Champions League. I finished first in my group (which consisted of me, Liverpool, Bordeaux and Braga) and won against Celtic in the First Knock-out round. Man Utd proved too strong for me in the Quarter Finals (but only on away goals!!).

I will keep on plugging away, untill one day I will WIN that Champions League!! I will keep you posted.

I find it funny www2 that you've made this new tactic because you felt the old one wasn't working on v8.02. I have never had any faith in any tactic as much as I do yours. With your old tactic so far I have won the CL three times as Man U. Yeah it's Man U, but the CL league is not easy!

What I found with your tactic is that it isn't hugely goal scoring, but it's amazingly sound defensively. Plus in most games, including away, I will have more possession and more shooting opportunites than my opposition (not something many tactics can say). The main thing with your old tactic was it also provided me with many corner and freekick opportunities in a match, so I set up a Corner and free kick regime from info on this forum that turned those opportunites into goals. In my 7th season, even though Rooney and Bojan both scored loads, my top goal scorer was Pique, who scored 35 goals from corners + freekicks! These goals essentially turned those even sided matches into wins for me and I can almost guarantee that if I get 5-6 chances from corners I will score 2+.

Last season I tried two new tactics as I had been using yours for 6 seasons and I wanted a change. I have never had worse than a 2-3 goal difference loss with your old tactic but with the two new ones I tried I got some serious poundings (5-1 away to West Ham and 4-0 Home to Chelsea). I soon reverted back to your tactic and managed to salvage my season (came 2nd) and win the CL (after QF against Chelsea, SF against Arsenal and F against Valencia (who I was favourites against!!)), thus keeping my job. I also won the League cup (F against Chelsea, 6-0) and the Charity Shield (against Arsenal).

So far with your old tactic I've won 11 and drawn 2, both of which I dominated of course. There is nothing wrong with your old tactic for the new version, 8.02, and I strongly recommend you revitalise. All it needs is a good corner set up.

Sure, I'm sure www2 won't mind me posting his old tactic old, as it's his! As far as I can remember I haven't tweaked this tactic at all as I couldn't fault it anywhere.

Here's the link: http://files.filefront.com/Possession+Tactic+1+Origi4ta...23541;/fileinfo.html

Things to note quickly. Have a corner taker with at least 17+ corner taking, and for the DC who is on challenge goalkeeper they should have heading, jumping and bravery of 17+. Your other DC should have similar stats as they will pop a few past the near post.

I do use oppostion instructions too as no matter how good a tactic/team is I still don't feel comfortable not doing them. Saying that though, I did win the CL twice (Finals against A.C. Milan and Inter) in a row without doing any, so it's entirely up to you.

They are:

O.Strikers - Tightly marker, Hard tackling, show to weaker foot

O.Wingers - Closing Down, Show to weaker foot, (occasionally tackling hard)

O.Midfield - Closing down, tackling hard, show to weaker foot

O.Centre Backs - closing down, show to weaker foot

You get a lot less yellows than you'd think, and sending offs no more than any other settings.

Team talks are also vital, I reccommend Wolfgangs guide under the tactics bible.

Enjoy

Thanks www2. Tactic is great. Must admit when I first downloaded it I werent sure but it has proved to be a big success. First with achieving promotion with Luton in my second season in charge and now with Reading in the premiership. I'm currently in 5th position with a game in hand. Really enjoying playing FM 08 again!

having a great time on fm 08 thabnks to this superb tactic thanks very much for sharing your tactic skills with us

currently on a ten match win streak with liverpool after winning most teams 4-0 or 4-1 including tottenham and newcastle

just beat man utd 3-0 at home they only had 3 shots compared to my 17

i've made some tweaks ticked counter attack on and moved the defensive line down 3 notches works a treat

@ Mr Hough

I wouldn't say they are vital and for about four seasons I went by with great success never using them. Now though I've noticed that since I started using them I have a lot more success against difficult teams, e.g Chelsea, by putting them under more pressure and keeper the wingers under check. I've conceded a lot less to corners since I've started doing it and occasionally I've taken the ball off a defenders in very dangerous areas. The problem with OI is that you need to be careful with faster players. Tight marking can mean that quick players will tend to break loose and create a hole in your defense, so in these cases I tend to just tackle hard and nothing else.

I recommend them, but I've had success without them, so at the end of the day it's up to you.

Just like the guy earlier, with the OCD .. can some one change around where the name's sit as in when you see player ratings at the end of them game, it goes from the dm to st to cm again if you get what i mean, it really gives me irrts. cheers

I have been using this tactic for over 1 season now and the change in my Bolton side has been absolutely excellent.

I was predicted to finish 9th in the Premier League and with the purchase of 2 world class 19 yo i managed to win the FA cup, champions league and the Premier League.

I use Janli`s combination of the two tactics for home/away games as explained a few pages back in the topic. I have managed to beat Inter,Chelsea,Arsenal,Man Utd,Liverpool,Real Madrid and Barcelona all away from home as well as dominating at home. My striker scored 46 goals in all competitions and my AMR and AML almost every game received an 8 rating and my DCM is getting around 7.30 rating a season so all in all..............this tactic is probably the best tactic out there atm........cheers icon_wink.gif

***STORY UPDATE***

Right, after 3 seasons at PSV (in which I won 3 league titles, 2 super cups and reached the quarter final of the Champions League twice), my contract was up and I decided it was time for a new challenge, so I headed to Lazio Roma...

They had just finished 8th in the Serie A with 56 points. I came in, changed the squad completely and managed to finish...7th... However, things were far better as they looked, because I finished the season with 71 points, which is a huge improvement. Besides, I won from Juventus, Inter and Milan away from home!! Here is the league table:

laziody3.th.jpg

When the job at Milan became available, I applied. This didn't please my board and so they forced me to resign... (in the following season, the would finish 13th with 48 points, hehe).

Anyway, I got the job at Lyon (who had finished 2nd with 67 points) and decided to carefully pay attention to the instructions of www2 when he said what to look for when buying players for. I really took a long time to put my squad together and while I had a splendid season (won the league with 88 points AND reached the semi-final of the Champions League), I had the strong feeling that most of my players had underperformed... First things first, here's the table:

tablerd6.th.jpg

So, why did my players underperfom? Be the judge yourself... I have marked all the attributes which are crucial (according to www2). I don't want to litter this thread with previews, so I have made links instead:

DC®

DC(L)

DR

DL

DMC

MC®

MC(L)

MR

AML

ST

I'm especially dissapointed in the MCR and AML... I had expected so much from them (especially from my AML). And I also have the problem that my DMC just can't seem to get decent ratings... I very much have the feeling that when I buy a player, I never can predict if he will do the job. Now you never get guarantees or something, but I have the feeling that I still don't know exactly what to look for. Do you? I have a few thoughts about the matter, but want to hear from you first, so that I don't influence you.

I think we all agree that this tactic is the best thing since bread came sliced, but how do you get the most out of it?

One last thing... I use the original version at home and the only tweak I do for away games is to put the team-mentality down 2 notches. I don't use versions with farrows or anything. If anybody knows soms great tweaks that work (and knows when to use them), let me know...

@lil ole me: How on earth do you get your DMC to perform THAT well?

Oh yeah, needless to say I'm not dissapointed in ALL my players... My striker did a great job and I was also pleased with my MCL, MR and DCL. My DCR, DL and DR did OK. Nothing spectacular, but OK and like I said, my AML and MCR were not good enough (since those are the two most important positions with this tactic).

Nice tactic, Using it with Crystal Palace, played 6, won 4, drawn 1, lost 1. Only tweak i've done is drop the defencive line a little, I find the attacking left winger to score the majority as in my case i signed Brian Howard and he's got 5 in 6.

Tested for one season with Man Utd.

League: 1st with 91pts and was strong at the back, though Chelsea and Arsenal caused problems.

CL: Runner up. beaten in the final, after outplaying them, by Arsenal, for the 3rd time in the season. they did the double on me in the league and still finished 4 point behind!

I like this tactic. Dont like Man Utd, especially after they turned over the Villa, but i will see if i cant repeat this in the second season.

Good tactic, balanced and nice to watch the left winger / second striker drifting into the penalty area.

Good work!!

Nice to see your playing as Bromley mate. My step-grandad lives in London, and when ever I go down I go and watch them play. He has a season ticket and watches basically every game.

I'm just going to give this tactic a go with Liverpool. Will Torres be ok for the centre forward position or is a more of a big guy needed?

Originally posted by markis_mcghee:

Tactic didn't work for me unfortuantly.

Drew 1 at home to a poor Kidderminster team, and then lost at Gillingham at Oldham. Maybe only works with good teams? As I'm Yeovil in League Two?

You have to be more patient. Your team wont get used to a tactic after only 2 games.

Archived