Corners: too easy for defenders to score!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sthptngomad76:

Yes, but why should we not "go like that" in order to help the AI defeat us? It just seems stupid that as jeeves said we should sabotage ourselves for the sake of the AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

peiople have provided you with a fix, so theres no need for a patch its up to you to do wahts right

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">peiople have provided you with a fix, so theres no need for a patch its up to you to do wahts right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm...what fix is that? You mean not use 'challenge the gk'?

And what do you mean "do what's right"- I thought thats what the AI's job was?

Who needs Hargreaves when you have Gerard Pique? 53 goals in 36 appearances and I think 11 man-of-the-matches, 4 assists (blocked headers and rebounds). Two goals came from normal shooting - one a ridiculous shot-blocked-volley from 25 yards and one a ridiculous 35-yarder from an indirect free-kick by Anderson. Add to the fact that Vidic ended with 8 goals and Ferdinand 5 by going forward suggests that the corner problem is probably not just related to the one challenging the goalkeeper.

i'm finding that i'm conceding loads of goals from corners, and they're invariably from near post headers. the thing is, i've no idea if this is just bad luck or whether the ai is aiming them at the near post and accidentally taking advantage of the bug

if it is due to the bug then i've got a choice between accepting that i'm at a bit of a disadvantage, packing the near post with my biggest defenders (not even sure if this would work) or sticking my best aerial players on the near post and turning it into a game of who can score the most corners

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

SI know about this.

There will not be an 8.0.3 (PaulC confirmed this in the LAST "OMG i score from corners" thread).

The problem WILL be fixed in FM09.

Every point here has been brought up before.

You essentially have very few choices:

1/ switch off "challenge GK" and enjoy a realistic game.

2/ leave it on and score a lot of goals.

...either way, moaning about it here isn't going to fix it - it will be fixed in 09 - there won't be an 8.0.3 for a fairly minor issue.

Before i get idiots calling me a fanboy (lol) i will happily point out that i don't like having to tweak my tactics to score less, but if i have a choice of tweak my tactics or have silly scores....it's a no-brainer. Fix it yourself, if it is not fixed in FM09 then have a moan THEN.

Can we close this thread now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is its not just the challenge GK thing is it?

Near post headers are also very effective, something SI seem to have ignored.

Which is why I think I will be ignoring the next release.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

SI know about this.

There will not be an 8.0.3 (PaulC confirmed this in the LAST "OMG i score from corners" thread).

...either way, moaning about it here isn't going to fix it - it will be fixed in 09 - there won't be an 8.0.3 for a fairly minor issue.

Before i get idiots calling me a fanboy (lol) i will happily point out that i don't like having to tweak my tactics to score less, but if i have a choice of tweak my tactics or have silly scores....it's a no-brainer. Fix it yourself, if it is not fixed in FM09 then have a moan THEN.

Which is why I think I will be ignoring the next release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said that last release GG.

But Oh, the call...

Dear God help me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

SI know about this.

Which is why I think I will be ignoring the next release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said that last release GG.

But Oh, the call...

Dear God help me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here lol. I saw so much promise in 8.00 that I thought sod it!

Same time next year then!!!! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">im in my 11th season on 8.0.1 and if i was losing a match, i don't see how i wouldn't set a center back to bang in an equaliser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sthptngomad76:

Yes, but why should we not "go like that" in order to help the AI defeat us? It just seems stupid that as jeeves said we should sabotage ourselves for the sake of the AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

peiople have provided you with a fix, so theres no need for a patch its up to you to do wahts right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least somebody on these forums has half a brain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TGD:

this is why I didn't bother installing this patch. im in my 11th season on 8.0.1 and if i was losing a match, i don't see how i wouldn't set a center back to bang in an equaliser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's very simple really - just self control - you know it's basically cheating, if you do it anyway, that's your choice - but don't claim that the bug can't be avoided.

I've lost games, and resisted the need to set my CB to challenge GK, it's not that hard really.

THIS PROBLEM CAN BE FIXED BY YOU IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS

It doesn't get much more simple than that.

The ONLY moans that are justified are those of people who play online, as it could be used by the less honest players.

If this isn't fixed by 09, moan then, but for gods sake, can we just shut up about this now? SI know about it, it can be avoided, grow up and stop crying.

can you please stop being quite so patronising? thanks.

without making any alterations to my corner instructions my centre backs are both scoring a lot of goals- in two and a half seasons i've not seen a player who wasn't a centre back score a header for me. the ai is also battering me on corners, and most of its goals are coming from either near post headers or the opposition outjumping my keeper after presumably being set to challenge him

clearly then if i want to be on a level playing field with the ai i can't just tell my players to stop hitting it to the near post, because that would give the ai a sizeable advantage. but i can't set my corner takers to exploit it, because that would give me an unfair advantage. there's no right option

oh, and as far as a "fix" goes, a fix does not usually amount to "don't put your most dangerous players in logical positions that you'd expect them to do well in". you might as well say that if too many free kicks were going in, a fix would be to stop letting your best free kick taker take them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

can you please stop being quite so patronising? thanks.

without making any alterations to my corner instructions my centre backs are both scoring a lot of goals- in two and a half seasons i've not seen a player who wasn't a centre back score a header for me. the ai is also battering me on corners, and most of its goals are coming from either near post headers or the opposition outjumping my keeper after presumably being set to challenge him

clearly then if i want to be on a level playing field with the ai i can't just tell my players to stop hitting it to the near post, because that would give the ai a sizeable advantage. but i can't set my corner takers to exploit it, because that would give me an unfair advantage. there's no right option </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not being patronising - i'm telling you how to stop this problem from occuring.

As to your comments regarding the AI - this is the first i've heard of the AI "battering" users - upload pkms to the bugs forum - DON'T JUST MOAN HERE.

If the AI is exploiting the problem, then SI need to know.

In 7 seasons i HAVE NEVER seen the AI take advantage of this fault - if this is not the case with your game, tell SI through the correct channels. Don't just spit out your dummy in GQ.

As to your comments regarding a "fix".

I give up. I tell you how to solve the problem, you winge - grow up. I fully agree it is not logical, however, given the choice between 30+ goals per season for my CB, or making an illogical tactic....it's not rocket science.

I may well have started to patronise you here, but what do you expect if you behave like a 6 year old.

FACTS:

- SI aren't going to re-issue a patch to fix this.

- SI know about this issue.

- There are at least 5 other threads about this.

- IT CAN BE EASILY FIXED BY YOU

- Moaning achieves nothing - if you feel it is a bug, start a thread in the bugs forum.

Ture it can be easily fixed but it can destory a network game.

Fact is if there was a fault like this in FM Live match engine SI would fix this but they have done very little in the past few years to improve any part of an online game, so nothing will get done until FM09.

I'm not being patronising - i'm telling you how to stop this problem from occuring.

As to your comments regarding the AI - this is the first i've heard of the AI "battering" users - upload pkms to the bugs forum - DON'T JUST MOAN HERE.

In 7 seasons i HAVE NEVER seen the AI take advantage of this fault - if this is not the case with your game, tell SI through the correct channels. Don't just spit out your dummy in GQ.

I give up. I tell you how to solve the problem, you winge - grow up. I fully agree it is not logical, however, given the choice between 30+ goals per season for my CB, or making an illogical tactic....it's not rocket science.

I may well have started to patronise you here, but what do you expect if you behave like a 6 year old.

FACTS:

- Moaning achieves nothing - if you feel it is a bug, start a thread in the bugs forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a) you're being extremely patronising. it's not other people who are behaving like six year olds, it's you

b) as i've explained, it's not just a simple matter of fixing it by not doing it

c) i don't plan on buying fm09, so i don't want to act as an unpaid beta tester for it by uploading pkms and save games to the ftp

d) i'm pretty sure you started several threads pre-patch, complaining about various aspects of the game. it's rather hypocritical of you to now turn round and say that other people can't complain too

e) if you don't like people moaning, don't read it. given as people have suggested ways around the bug and people are still complaining, it suggests that they're not satisfied with the solution, and i don't blame them, because it isn't a proper solution

I must admit I was just thinking that if I had an issue and was about to post on the bugs forum why the hell bother - it won't get fixed anyway!

Seems utterly strange that all over posts people are asked to register pkms etc, but really what is the point? Not being awkward or pedantic ... I agree somewhat that doing it just so it helps developing the next game takes the mickey somewhat when the current one has serious flaws!

you might as well say that if too many free kicks were going in, a fix would be to stop letting your best free kick taker take them

Hmmm good point ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

FACTS:

- Moaning achieves nothing - if you feel it is a bug, start a thread in the bugs forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a) you're being extremely patronising. it's not other people who are behaving like six year olds, it's you

b) as i've explained, it's not just a simple matter of fixing it by not doing it

c) i don't plan on buying fm09, so i don't want to act as an unpaid beta tester for it by uploading pkms and save games to the ftp

d) i'm pretty sure you started several threads pre-patch, complaining about various aspects of the game. it's rather hypocritical of you to now turn round and say that other people can't complain too

e) if you don't like people moaning, don't read it. given as people have suggested ways around the bug and people are still complaining, it suggests that they're not satisfied with the solution, and i don't blame them, because it isn't a proper solution </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"If you don't like it don't read it"....lol

I tire of this.

The problem can be fixed - end of.

If you'd rather moan, go for it. It's just what this forum needs, more moans about issues that are known about and can easily be avoided....

Yes i did start several threads, however, the points i brought up CANNOT BE FIXED BY ME. There lies the oh so subtle difference you seem to have trouble with.

If the AI is exploiting this, mention it in the bugs forum, as this is possibly a GENUINE unavoidable problem, although a quick glance through your recent posts shows that you haven't bothered to do this, which frankly makes me think you were just talking tripe.

When people start coming out with wonderful phrases along the lines of "i'm not being a child, you are :P" then you know any semblance of intellect has been lost.

Hopefully if you aren't buying FM09 then further winges will be minimal.

You know, 2 of you should stop flaming each other. There is absolutely no need for that.

One doesn't like the ME in game , another does, so what? It's not reason for capital letters and flame from either side.

Here is a news for you , you both payed for it(hopefully),therefore you can express your

opinion about it and play the way you like it.But not insult other one.

Scoring goals from corners is least of the problem in this version.You want to know why?

Instead of me trying to persuade anyone in anything, lets do this:

-Try to start game in 8.0.2, Large DB,with Turkish 2B team and you will be:

1.Missing all of the players , from 8.0.1 and will not have any players in teams but U-18 and some loanees.

2. You still gonna have registration problem, that may or may not be avoidable by going on vacation. And that was "supposedly fixed in patch".

3. There is a chance that you won't even have fixtures for you league.

Now, that is for me game breaking problem, since i can't play any leagues that are requiring registrations.And those are leagues that i play in all of the FM editions(Spain , France , Turkey, etc..).

Yeah, scoring in this version is ,as well whole ME, really questionable and messed up, but you can choose are you going to live with it or not.I for one refused to, but that is my personal choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mlp071:

You know, 2 of you should stop flaming each other. There is absolutely no need for that.

One doesn't like the ME in game , another does, so what? It's not reason for capital letters and flame from either side.

Here is a news for you , you both payed for it(hopefully),therefore you can express your

opinion about it and play the way you like it.But not insult other one.

Scoring goals from corners is least of the problem in this version.You want to know why?

Instead of me trying to persuade anyone in anything, lets do this:

-Try to start game in 8.0.2, Large DB,with Turkish 2B team and you will be:

1.Missing all of the players , from 8.0.1 and will not have any players in teams but U-18 and some loanees.

2. You still gonna have registration problem, that may or may not be avoidable by going on vacation. And that was "supposedly fixed in patch".

3. There is a chance that you won't even have fixtures for you league.

Now, that is for me game breaking problem, since i can't play any leagues that are requiring registrations.And those are leagues that i play in all of the FM editions(Spain , France , Turkey, etc..).

Yeah, scoring in this version is ,as well whole ME, really questionable and messed up, but you can choose are you going to live with it or not.I for one refused to, but that is my personal choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah ok, sorry. It's just the 5th bloody thread about a minor issue that people start here rather than in the bugs forum where they belong. Which irritates me a bit, but regardless, i should behave better, appologies.

I don't defend the turkey issues in any way - a perfect example of an unavoidable problem, which is the destinction i was trying to make between the corner issue and proper bugs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bleventozturk:

that's my solution too. We all know this is a bug, so if you continue instructing your D C to disturb the keeper, that means you are cheating icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, but do you then accept goals conceded against you by the ai which you know are bugs, eg: Fm8.2 - the ai scores from a corner in the same way, 8.1 - CA problem leading to idiotic numbers of chances on goal, 8.0 every DFK hitting the back of the net, FM7 - ludicrous gk positioning at wide shots to near post, FM7 and FM8 - gk distribution directly leading to goals requiring a team of bionic men etc.

The ai exploits bugs too. What do you do about them??

Yeah ok, sorry. It's just the 5th bloody thread about a minor issue that people start here rather than in the bugs forum where they belong. Which irritates me a bit, but regardless, i should behave better, appologies.

I don't defend the turkey issues in any way - a perfect example of an unavoidable problem, which is the destinction i was trying to make between the corner issue and proper bugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't read them then.

There are threads in this GD forum that irritate me, like "who can i buy" type and "what is best tactic for me", or last year when people were complaining that 07 was way to hard, so i skipped them for same reason.

And threads like this, if just 1 out 50-100 posts provide some useful info for SI, they do serve the purpose in the end.

cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes i did start several threads, however, the points i brought up CANNOT BE FIXED BY ME </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and if you'd actually read what i'd written you'd have known that the corner bug isn't simply fixed by not setting anyone to challenge the keeper. even if it was, people have the right to object to having to sabotage their own tactics in order to stop themselves from accidentally exploiting a bug

i've no idea why people complaining about an aspect of the game gets you so wound up, but i fail to see the harm in people discussing it, and the thread was fine before you began your histrionics

the corner thing is ridiculous and obviously a glaring, glaring error in the game.

the fix as I understand it is to tell my corner takers to hit the ball to an area i dont want them to and not put my best headers where I would logically expect them to be.

This is not a fix at all, its just silly. Imagine strikers where scoring too many goals, would anybody accept a workround that consisted of putting your keeper up front??? thought not.

The problem is, as KRS quite rightly pointed out, that the AI scores alot of goals from corners against me at the near post.

@ ched: people as consumers of the game have a right to 'moan' as you put it about what ever they like, who the **** are you to come on here and start having a go at a disgruntled customer who has paid money for a product and is unhappy with it. Unless you have anything remotely constructive to say why not just stop reading threads about the 'corner issue' as you have added nothing to his thread.

I have seen many threads referring to this issue and there is mention to it on other forums aswell so CLEARLY the 'workaround' is not solving the issue for many people.

However if you personally are happy with it fine carry on playing but dont think you have any authority whatsoever to tell anyone else what they can and what they cannot complain about, i mean really who the hell do you think you are???

Just to remind all the whiners and moaners, that the original problem was fixed because of of all the 'whiners and moaners'.

So take from that what you will. Some people are never happy.

i think i missed the bit where the "whiners and moaners" specifically asked si to make it so that defenders could score forty plus goals a season

corners were bugged before, and now they're bugged in a different way. people who complained about the first are in no way to blame for the latter

Archived