The Mysterious Cave of LFP

From memory, in FM2010 there is little difference between the different options. I have heard it suggested though that the first option, 'ideal role model', is best used when you want to link a young player with a key member of your squad. The thinking behind this is that in choosing this option you are reinforcing your key player's importance to your team.

1 Ideal role: This should be reserved for players that have both PPMs and character traits that you want to pass on. The determination, work rate and influence of the tutor should always be higher then the follower’s.

2 Mental approach: A good way if you want to influence the character of the youngster. Even tutors without any PPMs, but high determination and professional character are very well suited. If you have highly-talented youngsters with low determination or ambition, you can assign them to several tutors in a row to completely change their personality.

3 Learn from: This should be used if the follower already has a very good character or even better one then his tutor and you just want him to learn his PPMs.

1 Ideal role: This should be reserved for players that have both PPMs and character traits that you want to pass on. The determination, work rate and influence of the tutor should always be higher then the follower’s.

2 Mental approach: A good way if you want to influence the character of the youngster. Even tutors without any PPMs, but high determination and professional character are very well suited. If you have highly-talented youngsters with low determination or ambition, you can assign them to several tutors in a row to completely change their personality.

3 Learn from: This should be used if the follower already has a very good character or even better one then his tutor and you just want him to learn his PPMs.

wwfan - something I've never got to grips with: you refer to DET, AMB and PROF as traits that are improved with tutoring. Let's say the potential tutee is already strong in those attributes, are the OTHER personality and any mental attributes improved through tutoring? Or is tutoring limited to affecting just 3 attributes, PPMs and favourites?

wwfan - something I've never got to grips with: you refer to DET, AMB and PROF as traits that are improved with tutoring. Let's say the potential tutee is already strong in those attributes, are the OTHER personality and any mental attributes improved through tutoring? Or is tutoring limited to affecting just 3 attributes, PPMs and favourites?

I had a youth player change to Fairly Loyal after tutoring (I think he was balanced or unambitious before) so I would assume loyalty can be passed on too? Not sure whether it was a smart thing to do though as most of my team were Fairly Determined.

They all seem to do the same thing.

Regarding tutoring. The short answer is that they all three options have the same outcome like Veg has said.

The difference between the three options is now main the tutor will react to the request. For example, if you use the middle option with a tutor who sees themselves as a key player then they might react badly as you are undermining his role (as the tutor thinks he'll be that players ideal role model).

Hope this clears it up.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4412108&postcount=218

(Link to thread)http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=34212&page=3

Well...first of all, there's is no guarantee that he'll pick up the PPM. Secondly, you can always ask him to unlearn the PPM later. Having said that, there is quite a bit of a problem sometimes when asking players to unlearn certain PPMs.

Having said that, there is quite a bit of a problem sometimes when asking players to unlearn certain PPMs.

true story. my young striker is now more professional but regularly launches shots into row Z and refuses to stop "shooting with power".

So I am to take it that you cannot tutor a player without him potentially learning some PPMs?

If I have a player with the right kind of personality, but with PPMs that I don't want my youngster to learn, is it better to avoid pairing them?

Thanks for any advice. :)

I believe option 2 (Mental approach) achieves that. I haven't looked at this in any great detail. I just know the basics.

I believe option 2 (Mental approach) achieves that. I haven't looked at this in any great detail. I just know the basics.

I have a 17 yr old LB who i want to tutor and i feel i have just the right player for it but for some reason it doesn't give me the option to have him tutored. Why is this?

How old is the other player and what position does he play? What are the relative report stars on each player?

Well the youngster and the player are both LB's and the tutor is 26. They both have report stars of 2 and a half. The point is i can't get the youngster tutored by anybody!!!!!

I understand what you are saying in a way. But what's so frustrating is, I can get other younger players in different positions tutored but not him. Maybe his hidden stats are already good enough for a 17 year old!!

I understand what you are saying in a way. But what's so frustrating is, I can get other younger players in different positions tutored but not him. Maybe his hidden stats are already good enough for a 17 year old!!

have a look at this thread ron- i had a similar problem. People suggest things like player reputation are taken into account. Anyway after exactly a year i was able to tutor him once- i have no idea why i couldnt at first.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=174438&highlight=tutor

I used to think that but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems that all three options do the same thing. I had this confirmed recently when I tried to use option 2 to train a player who I didn't want to pick up PPMs but he did anyway! :mad:

That is not true, as quoted eralier in this thread the three options does exactly the same, as John Schofield from SI said in the FAQ at the good players and team guide forum:

Regarding tutoring. The short answer is that they all three options have the same outcome like Veg has said.

The difference between the three options is now main the tutor will react to the request. For example, if you use the middle option with a tutor who sees themselves as a key player then they might react badly as you are undermining his role (as the tutor thinks he'll be that players ideal role model).

Hope this clears it up.

No matter what option you choose the player can end up picking up PPM's

Archived