JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

just about over last nights disappointment now... ready to bounce back stronger now, and will be aiming for promotion next season. Parma and Genoa have come down though which won't help...

i'll do a season review at some stage, probably over the weekend.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

through to the start of the next pre-season. won't sat too much now, and will save for the review, but i have a new contract, £3.2 transfer budget and a £12k p/w wage difference to play with. should help me in my aim to gain promotion this season. have told the board i'll aim for mid-table though to be safe.

congrats Jazza. great turnaround to win the league. although i'm not sure how that tactic will work further up the leagues!! :D how are the finances?

good luck in Serie C1 - in my opinion the standard isn't that different from Serie C2.

Unlucky on missing the playoffs rlipscombe. Re: the finances, they're not looking too bad, had a big increase in season ticket sales which boosted the bank balance quite a bit.

finances: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/eddiehitler/Casale%20FM2008/2011/Financesstart.jpg

As for the tactic:D I decided to stick with it for now and see how it goes, if we struggle I'll probably ditch it for something more sane.

Como - Season Review - Serie B - Season 2014-15

So, as mentioned previously the season ended in bitter disappointment with Como missing out on a play-off place on head to head results. Although disappointed, overall it was a good season, with great progress made in the league and making it through to the later stages of the Italian Cup, where we gave Roma a run for their money.

Media Prediction: 19th

Final Position: 7th Graph

Transfers - Page 1 Page 2

As you see from the squad, we had good strength in depth this season, with a slightly reduced squad. I have always had large squads, and i am trying to cut it back a bit, to help maximise profits if nothing else. Players worthy of a mention are:

Emre Sahin - regained his place as 1st choice CM had a solid season in the centre of the park

Sercan Sararer - The fan's player of the season, Sercan had his best season to date, bouncing back from a disappointing season last year

Mark Hemkes - Great debut season from the young dutchman, Mark excelled with Sararer leading the frontline.

Another good season financially, with profit of over £2million made. the board have announced that work has commenced on improving our youth facilities. they are also looking at maybe increasing the capacity of Stadio Sinigaglia. Another first this season was that i am beginning to be linked with other clubs. My first offer was from Modena. Of course i refused!!

>>> AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON <<<

- Promotion. After last seasons final day agony, i want promotion this time out. I have stayed modest with the board, promising a mid-table finish, but i want more than that. With Genoa and Parma coming down, it may be tough

- Make good progress in the Italian Cup again. Playing Roma has whetted my appetite for more games against the big guns.

- Keep hold of my top players. Hemkes and Sararer are vital for my promotion campaign, and i am determined to keep them. Hopefully the board won't sell them from under my nose like Corradini.

History so far...

2008-09 Serie C2/A: 2nd - Play-off winners

2009-10 Serie C1/A: 3rd - Play-off winners

2010-11 Serie B: 20th - Relegated

2011-12 Serie C1/A: 5th Italian Serie C Cup Winners

2012-13 Serie C1/A: 1st - Champions Serie C1 Super Cup winners

2013-14 Serie B: 17th

2014-15 Serie B: 7th

>>> AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON <<<

- Make good progress in the Italian Cup again. Playing Roma has whetted my appetite for more games against the big guns.

crashed out in first qualifying round away to Serie A newcomers Mantova... :(

to make it worse, Hmekes is out for around 4 months to injury... :( :(

we're now about a third of the way through the season now and Como find themselves in a close battle at the top. we're third, just behind Genoa and Parma. our record reads 7-3-3. although still scoring pretty well, we are letting in too many goals at the moment, so i have made the defenders a little more defensively minded to combat this.

Sararer still continues to fire in the goals, with almost a goal a game in the league. Covering for Hemkes is currently Schumacher, a summer signing who i'd trailed for some time, with 5 goals. Not enough really, but he's doing alright as a support striker while Hemkes is out. Also beginning to make a mark in the last couple of games is Bob Damen, an 18 y.o. Dutch attacker. He is definately a star for Como in the making - there'll be much more about him in the next few seasons i am sure.

In other news, our youth facilities and youth academy have been upgraded to 'good', which i'm happy with. Just need to get the training facilities upgraded now, which the board are looking at. I will also mention the achievements of our Under 20's for the first time who, after 10 games sit top of the table with a goal difference of +34!! The future for the Lariani certainly seems bright............

;) Hey guess who is back and with a bit of time on my hands tonight, I am coming back to Italy as a choice over Gundos :)

I will tell you who soon :)

I have turned off Real Names, not because i don't want people knowing who i sign, but because I know too many of the Italian Youngsters, but I dunno if I want to turn it off, always fun finding people and seeing other people signing them. Ok so real players it is.

2008/09 New Beginnings: An Itala San Marco Update

On Sunday June 29th 2008, Private Leonard L. Church became the newest manager of Itala San Marco in the Italian Serie C2/A. He was met at the door by Roberto Ferrari the Board Chairman who told him what the Board's Expectations were for the season, then he took him and introduced him to the Squad he would be in control of. Following this Church asked for Ferrari to set up the following Friendlies and was told who the clubs Affiliates were.

So onwards and upwards as I try to move out of Serie C2 in Season 1.

It feels good to be back :)

Well after four attempts trying to find Itala again I failed and have therefore joined a new club instead, I had never seen Darfo Boario before so here is me as the new manager of Darfo Boario in the Serie C2/C where they want me to

avoid relegation. Somehow they expect me to do it with this bunch of pillocks.

So wish me luck as I take my new Green and Black People Eaters through Italy to Europe :)

If you want anymore Screenshots just ask, oh and by the way I love the Strip these guys play in :D

Darfo Youth Project

A late addition: Bassoli is a winger I have discovered in my Under 20s, I am going to watch his progress, I really like his attributes and chances as he is pretty even across everything I look for in a winger and has a high natural fitness. And a PPM of Runs down left with ball.

i save got a save game from when they offered me the job actually. might have a quick play with it at some stage.

i've never heard of Darfo Boario either - never crept up in my game i don't think. i'll have to see how they're doing in 2016... i like those kits too. the young kid also looks pretty promising too.

good luck Des - and remember to keep saving the game!! :D;)

2008/09 Darfo Boario Pre-Season Update

Well the first step was to sign some players, so attacking the free agency lists was the best way to go about this, I have the scouts out there looking as well, hope they can find some more talent I may have missed. Oh and on the scouting front Darfo can only scout in Italy. I asked the Board for a parent club but of course they said

this. So no parent club for this season, next I set up some fixtures to play friendlies before my season started. But before this the result of the

Euro Final saw France winning on Penalties after they could not beat 9 man Portugal.

Friendlies

07-13 at Condinese         2-3  HT: 1-3
Momente (40), Pietribiase (pen 77)

07-19 vs Aprilia           3-2  HT: 3-0  Att: 223
Momente (15), Carteni (22), Pietribiase (26)

07-25 vs Carpendolo        3-0  HT: 3-0  Att: 244  MoM: Rinaldi
Rinaldi (15,21), Momente (44)

07-30 vs Albalonga         3-0  HT: 3-0  Att: 247  MoM: Carteni
OG (3), Carteni (30), Pietrebiase (34)

08-05 vs Voghera           3-2  HT: 3-2  Att: 256
Pietribiase (21), Momente (pen 38), Rinaldi (60)

So 4 wins and 1 loss in the friendlies, I was happy with that, even more happy o have beated Carpendolo, a fellow Serie C2/C team, 3-0. Then I saw the draw for the Serie C Cup and celebrated at getting a chance to thrash Como.

Neither the No faith from Media or the Bookies were on out side heading into the season, both saying I should be watching out for relegation, well avoiding relegation is step one, getting promoted is a later matter. When my Ass Man gave his Training Update, I was pleased to see players improving.

Some players showed themselves to be stars and earned starting spots ready for my first fixture of the season, as shown in the Stats.

The Stars

Rinaldi - Attacking Midfielder with a nose for the goal, in 5 games he had 3 goals and 2 assists. If he can keep playing like this he will be a star of the team, and he is only 22.

Piertribaise - The 23 Year old Striker grabbed 4 goals in his 5 starts, if he can keep knocking them in then the team cannot fail.

Momente - 21 Year old striking partner for Piertribaise also got 4 goals, and if these three can combine at the front the Serie C2/C will be a walk. (So not thinking it will be)

Carteni - 22 year old right winger with a vengence, 2 goals, 3 assists, and MoM. I cannot ask for more lets see what he can do.

And remember the:

Barfo Youth Academy

Player 1: Bassoli - WB/AML

First Day

He didn't feature in the friendlies, but will get some senior games soon enough.

Yeah turned auto save back on haha, not going to lose one like that again.

2008/09 Darfo Boario's Serie C Cup Group Stage Update

The first project on the mind of all teams from the Serie C in Italy is the Group stages of the Serie C Cup and for the boys of Darfo Boario this was no different. Having been drawn in a group beside Como, Lecco, Varese and Itala they were hopeful of victory, but the results could go either way. Also preparing for the start of their season were the Under 20s.

The Italian Super Cup was won by Inter Milan beating Florentina to start off the Italian season. The same day Church was advised that the club had sold 148 season tickets. Darfo Boario were getting ready with their season kicking off on August 17th against Lecco at home.

Fixtures

08-17   SCC  vs Lecco        3-2  HT: 1-2  Att: 1856  
5.00    Teso (35), Pietribiasi (pen 77), Diagne (87)

08-20   SCC  at Varese       2-1  HT: 1-0             MoM: Pietribiasi
8.00    Pietribiasi (2, 89)

08-24   C2C  at Igea Virtus  1-3  HT: 0-2		
5.00    Domeniconi (79)

08-27   SCC  vs Itala        2-0  HT: 2-0  Att:  742  MoM: Pisa di Monterosa
2.63    Diagne (8), Pisa di Monterosa (39)
**only team to qualify after 3 games  

08-24   C2C  vs Scafatese    1-0  HT: 1-0  Att: 1412  MoM: Pisa di Monterosa
3.25    Pisa di Monterosa (4)

08-27   SCC  at Como         0-1  HT: 0-1		

This run sealed Darfo Boario into the 1st Round of the Serie C Cup (draw yet to be advised). The first two rounds of the Serie C2/C over saw Darfo sitting 7th with 1 win and 1 loss. Financially it looked like they may be in a bit of trouble, the numbe of fans needed to be increasing if the club was to stay afloat. As for the Youth team, the U20s were on fire in their first game thrashing Igea Virtus 6-1 which left them sitting atop the U20 League. Overall a great start to the season.

Statistics

U20 Stats

League Stats

Cup Stats

Players to Watch

Seniors

Pisa di Monterosa - Having a stunner on the left wing, he has left the competition for the spot behind.

Pietribiasi - The teams number 1 striker is trying to go at a goal per game.

Rinaldi - The man who sets it all up Rinaldi should top the Assists column come May.

Diagne - A familar face, Momar is the man all over the park.

Coda - The latest loan signing, hoping he can pull something off for the club.

Youth

Mastuzo - 4 goals in the 6-1 defeat of Igea Virtus, a man to watch.

Esposito - Relegated from the seniors Esposito has a point to prove.

And remember the:

Barfo Youth Academy

Player 1: Bassoli - WB/AML

First Day

Sept 3rd 08

| Year  | Squad | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|-------|-------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 08/09 |  U20  |  1(1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.50  |
|_______|_______|_______|_______|_________|_____|________|

rlipscombe and lower leagues rule (des tiny?!?!):

I'm impressed to read you two still going strong in this challenge!!

I'm in California reading this having a great time but boy I do miss this challenge!! Need to get back to Albalonga asap! Sadly it won't be til December and by then I imagine there will be a new FM09 challenge beginning...:)

Can't believe you got offered the Milan job too :D

KUTGW guys, I'll be back soon.....!!

I'm in California reading this having a great time but boy I do miss this challenge!! Need to get back to Albalonga asap! Sadly it won't be til December and by then I imagine there will be a new FM09 challenge beginning...:)

The Des Tiny & Rlipscombe Small Club from a Big European Country Challenge. (haha)

And I am undecided on the purchase of FM09 right away as I will be playing FML and I would quite like to continue this game as well :D

iacovone..... long time no speak. still going strong in the challenge. Don't think i'll be completing it now with FM09 around the corner, so my challenge is to get to Serie A by then. Milan job offer was massive - still can't understand why they did it but was chuffed with it. They were 2nd in Serie A at time too!!

Good stuff guys :thup:

I still haven't been able to play my Champions League qualifier :mad: , got too much on at the minute. I should be ok to play on Sunday onwards, so hopefully I will be reporting on who's in my Champions League Group then.

Hey how do I save the highlight of a goal for display? For the first time ever I have won Goal of the Month and its a Stunner I want everyone to be able to see it :)

pass. have you asked in any of the other forums? might get a quicker answer than in here.....

tell me about it!! i decided to switch to my 'more solid' 4-4-2 formation for the home leg and we disappointed losing 2-1. couldn't argue with result really as we were outplayed. feeling the tie was lost i went back to my 4-3-1-2 formation for the second leg, and couldn't believe it when we won. Antheunis bagged a hat-trick and still missed a penalty late on too.... i'd never even took a point from them previously, so it was a real upset. What made it eve sweeter is that my star midfielder Sevela is away at the Euro Championships with Czech Republic, which made it even sweeter.

Really wanted to play the Empoli games last night but was getting late and needed sleep. plus it's two legs so would have taken me another 40mins or so to finish. dying to get home tonight already so i can see if we do it! roll on 5.30pm..........

I fancy this challenge, however was going to start in France ! I was just reading on page 5 that this might not be possible. If I try France will this work ? Thanks

france will work... basically all it means is that you need to take one of the teams promoted to the National league. The difference with france over say Italy is that the team will already have some players in it. I certainly see no problem playing in France though - in fact it may be my destination come FM09.....

welcome to the challenge by the way if you give it a go... and good luck.

I want rlipscombe at home so I can find out if he makes it to Serie A

Ha Ha.......... debating long and hard whilst supposed to be working as to who to play and whether to go attacking or not.... :rolleyes: Think it will be same as Parma beating tbh.

Unione Sportiva Alessandria Calcio 1912 is an Italian football club based in Alessandria, Piedmont founded in February 1912 and continuing currently. The team's nickname is "Grigi" (Grays), because of their gray kit.

The club's most successful period came when they spent 13 seasons in Serie A between 1929 and 1960, their best finish being 6th in 1930 and in 1932. The team plays its home games at the Stadium Giuseppe Moccagatta in Spalto Rovereto, Alessandria.

In 1896, the first sports team in Alessandria, named Unione Pro Sport, was established, then followed by two other teams, Forza e Concordia and Forza e Coraggio. Whereas Unione Pro Sport and Forza e Concordia withdrew from competitions after 1900, Forza e Coraggio opened its football section, called Foot Ball Club Alessandria in 1912. The original jersey was white and light blue, which was successively replaced by a grey one with white edges. The team was first admitted to Serie A in 1929, following a third place in the Girone A of National Division (one-time Serie B). Alessandria played eight consecutive seasons to Serie A, with a sixth place as its best result, being relegated to Serie B in 1937. The team returned to play Serie A after the World War II, in 1946, for two consecutive seasons, and again from 1957 to 1960. In 1958, Gianni Rivera, probably the most famous player to have ever played for Alessandria, made his Serie A debut against Inter Milan. Since then, Alessandria has played Serie B until 1967 and then Serie C, except a one-year Serie B return in 1974/1975.

More recently the club, after having experienced in 2002/2003 its first relegation ever on Serie D, went bankrupt. A new club, named U.S. Alessandria Calcio 1912 and direct heir of the old Alessandria, was admitted to "Eccellenza", a regional amateur league, which readily won on 2003–2004. Then the club joined Serie D, and won the Girone A in the 2007–2008 season, thus returning back to professional football.

Now, I have taken over the reigns as it's manager, and aim to lead this historical club back where it belongs, and restore it's pride.

As with most Italian clubs, there are several powerful rivalries associated with the greys, including fellow Serie C2/A sides Pro Vercelli and Valenzana. The most notable fierce rival presently is Serie A side Mantova.

We're located in a nice, 9980 seater stadium with adequate training facilities, basic youth facilities and we have a Youth Academy. We've no professional players, presently, which is something that will need to change, and fast. The media prediction is a 17th place and subsequent relegation playoff.

Targets for this year:

- Sign a backroom staff

- Sign players

- Survive

Club history courtesy of Wikipedia.

Archived