JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

Unione Sportiva Alessandria Calcio 1912, Serie C1/A, Season 2013-2014

For the '13-'14 campaign Genoa sent us two loanees, Matttia Moretti and Sante Alfieri. Moretti was returned before the season even started, while Sante Alfieri (ST, 19) was kept as a back-up. We brought in Belgian goal-getter Maurice De Winne (ST, 21) from Standard Liege on a free, as well as talentless winger Fransisco Javier Parra (AM L, 21) from Tesorillo on a bad tip from my scouts. Arrogant goalie Guillermo Montiel (GK, 21) also burdened our wage budget, on yet another brilliant scout tip. On the flipside of the coin, Marco Zaninelli (DC, 34) was let go into retirement and Joseph Klein (DC, 21) was also released into free agency at the end of his contract, along with a host of youth players.

We spent the entire season at the top half of the table, hovering around the playoff spots. However, we weren't ready yet, and despite a strong finish picking up ten points out of the last five games we finished in seventh position, which is exactly as the board wanted it.

To no-one's surprise Mauro Simone (ST, 29) picked up his fifth Mauro Simone award (FPOTY)

The end of season saw the non-renewal of contract for Marco Parisi (D/DM/M RC, 21), Raffaele Mazza (D L, 25), Nicola Spagnoli (D RL, 22) and six-year Alessandria veteran Thomas Ampe (AM R/ST, 31).

The big news came when RC Strasbourg came knocking for anchor player Vincent Buquet (D/DM/M RC, 23). After intense negotiation, they made an offer of 500k, plus a 25% sell-on clause. Ofcourse we'll miss him, but luckily we'd already found three talented players to strengthen up our new squad:

• Pacey right-back Riccardo Brosco (D/AM RC, 23) from Valenzana
  • Midfield general Mohamed Perquis (M C, 22) from FC Nantes
  • Celebrated midfielder Emanuel Ledesma (M RC, 26) from Alto Adige

Especially Ledesma was well-received by the fans.

For some reason, everybody seems to think we'll have to fight to stay up again this coming season, possibly due to the small size of our first team squad (we only have 15 first-team players) and the fact that we hadn't replaced our right-back and right-winger yet by the turn-over point.

Personally I had more faith, and as such predicted another top-half finish. We'll see I guess.

League Table

2008/09: Serie C2/A - 13th

2009/10: Serie C2/A - 7th

2010/11: Serie C2/A - 5th, won promotion playoff

2011/12: Serie C1/A - 14th

2012/13: Serie C1/A - 8th

2013/14: Serie C1/A - 7th

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010/11 Updates

Darfo has had a bit of fun we went unbeaten in the Serie C Cup, though with 4 injuries and Pisa di Monterosa injured it was 1 win and 3 draws. Then we had the amusing instance of myself seeing this Blast for the Past in goal, though checking his history he hasn't played much. The squad also had its first international appearance with Boumanjal appearing for Burundi. A pretty good start I am looking at mid table to playoffs again, really looking around at how to improve my team still.

On an extra note none of my back six are from Italy now. :) And 7 of my starting 11 are non-Italians.

I've been trying to keep the balance between Italian players and foreign players. I guess I've rather failed, since I have only 3 Italians in my senior team of 15 players. I also have 3 Belgians, 3 Dutchies, 2 Frenchies, 2 Argentinians and 2 Spaniards. Oh, and a guy from the Ivory Coast.

My U20's still all Italian, though :cool:

Unione Sportiva Alessandria Calcio 1912, Serie C1/A, Season 2014-2015

As mentioned before:

The end of season saw the non-renewal of contract for Marco Parisi (D/DM/M RC, 21), Raffaele Mazza (D L, 25), Nicola Spagnoli (D RL, 22) and six-year Alessandria veteran Thomas Ampe (AM R/ST, 31).

The big news came when RC Strasbourg came knocking for anchor player Vincent Buquet (D/DM/M RC, 23). After intense negotiation, they made an offer of 500k, plus a 25% sell-on clause. Ofcourse we'll miss him, but luckily we'd already found three talented players to strengthen up our new squad:

* Pacey right-back Riccardo Brosco (D/AM RC, 23) from Valenzana

* Midfield general Mohamed Perquis (M C, 22) from FC Nantes

* Celebrated midfielder Emanuel Ledesma (M RC, 26) from Alto Adige

Especially Ledesma was well-received by the fans.

For some reason, everybody seemed to think we'll have to fight to stay up again this coming season, possibly due to the small size of our first team squad (we only have 15 first-team players) and the fact that we hadn't replaced our right-back and right-winger yet by the turn-over point.

Personally I had more faith, and as such predicted another top-half finish. We'll see I guess.

So, we definitely silenced our critics this season, finishing a very positive 5th position, qualifying us for the playoffs. The new signings each played almost every single game and without question raised the bar.

For the Semi final playoff we faced Padova, which rather unnerved the fans and myself alike, but after a stunning 4-0 opener it was smooth sailing, taking a 1-1 tie to close it out. Unfortunately, our local legend Mauro Simone destroyed his hip in training between the two games, and then our other striker decided to commit a violent foul during the second leg, much to my annoyment. So our striking force which was responsible for 27 of our 49 goals on the season was out for the playoff finals. The town of Alessandria, Piedmont was collectively crapping their pants for this game. On the plus side, we face Legnano, against whom we're 4-2-3, scoring 10 and conceding 8. So all was not over.

We took a 1-0 home win, but it came at a cost; Roch, our third best striker, who scored 7 on the season came down with an injury as well. So, for the away leg we needed a tie with a decrepitated squad. However, Roch took an injection and played up front with Lenaerts. We went 1-0 down in the first half, putting Legnano in position to win promotion due to their higher league ranking, but Lenaerts equalised it in the 68th and the injured Roch crushed those dreams in the 73rd minute tapping in the winner, giving us a shock promotion!

Oh, and Serie C1/A manager of the year :cool:

Mauro Simone (ST, 30) who scored 11 goals in 33 games won this year's Mauro Simone Award for the sixth year running. (FPOTY)

The 1.5 million pounds for TV rights are a welcome boost in finances as we try to stave off relegation this coming season. I am very excited.

League Table

2014/15: Serie C1/A - 5th, won promotion playoff.

Look who is returning to my side after a single season absence :)

Hopefully I can make a marked improvement in the remaining 15 games and actually get promoted, its really not lookjing like 3rd season lucky.

good to see him returning... checked him in my game and i've actually just been trying to sign him foe Serie A. he's currently playing for Schalke in Germany, and has been scoring quite a few goals... keep hold of him and you'll do well.

long way still to go in the league Des - keep the faith.

Couple of features hurting me this season, Diagne has spent about half the season on the injured list, and once I made him captain at the start this hurt us even more, then Rinaldi & Monterosa were on and off Supensions, both getting reds then back for one match to hit the yellow cards number and be out again.

The other thing that has hurt the team is the lack of a top class corner taker, I have 4 players who can put the ball in the met from corners brillantly but the supply has been poor, so I am looking for some decent cover for the Midfield in the offseason and also for a corner taker.

Edit: Also thought you might find it amusing that according to my Ass Man, who is quite good at Judging Ability, the worst player in my starting XI is none other than Momar Diagne.

Current Line Up

GK - Ismael - SPA

DR - Volpe - BEL

DL - Corbin - FRA

DC - Bardet - FRA

DC - Gijsen - NED

MC - Diagne - FRA

MC - Rinaldi - ITA

ML - Pisa di Monterosa - ITA

MR - Moliterni - ITA

ST - Cocco - ITA

ST - Trisic - BIH

My board won't expand the stadium :( My average attendance was only 300 under my max capacity... This is gonna suck.

Full update later :)

that's not good... we're selling out pretty much every week too, but no mention of an expansion either. i've asked for one and they say they agree and that they're looking at it. but it's been 2 years now and nothing... :(

what do Ass Men know?? ;) i'd bin him just for saying that!!

Well considering all of my Ass Men have been one seasoners and then moved off elsewhere clearly he won't be around next year :p

that's not good... we're selling out pretty much every week too, but no mention of an expansion either. i've asked for one and they say they agree and that they're looking at it. but it's been 2 years now and nothing... :(

:( But how big are your stadiums boys? I have been running at 1880 avg attendance since the beginning in a 1950 seat stadium, come on :p

2010/11 Regular Season Update

With 15 games to go I was in 7th and about 9 points off the lead of the Championship and about 3 outside the playoffs, I was seriously worried that it was all going to be for nothing and I was going to be spending another season in the Serie C2/A, so what happened well a run started from there results as shown below.

vs Olbia 1-0

at Torres 0-3

vs Pro Vercelli 6-3

at Massese 4-1

vs Pizzighettone 3-1

at Pro Patria 3-0

vs Rodengo 5-0

at Caravaggese 3-2

at Bellaria 3-1

vs Valenzana 4-1

So at this point there were 5 games left and I was second by a single point in the remaining five games I was to face 4 of the relegation contenders and Lecco who were 5th. I was actually the most worried about Alessandria and Como ruining my run and making me miss the title. :p

So my 5th to last game was against Mezzocorona who we defeated 2-1 Away to stay 1 point from the top. Then next up we faced Alessandria, this on the Sunday following the celebration on Friday of my opponents for the title having lost to Pizzi, so going in knowing if we won we would be in the lead by 2 points. We beat Alessandria 3-1 and took the lead, now with 3 games left it was ours to lose.

So onwards on our road trip via Legnano (10th) & Lecco (5th) before heading home to face Como (18th) on May 8th. knowing that 3 victories would seal the title and see Darfo Boario promoted. {And Rlipscombe, you know if Como beat me you are dead}

at Legnano 1-1

A draw here has moved us back to tied with Ancona at the top of the leaderboard and they have the better record against us, so now I had to hope they would drop a point and I could take the title that way.

So a game against Lecco a win needed, and the result 3-0 as Ancona also won this meant that home against Como the title would be decided, while Ancona would be facing Rodengo.

1st Minute Beccaria Scores Darfo Boario 1-0 Como

5th Minute Tignonsini Own Goal Rodengo 0-1 Ancona

13th Minute Rinaldi scores Darfo Boario 2-0 Como

45th Minute Beccaria Scores Darfo Boario 3-0 Como

HT: Darfo Boario 3-0 Como

HT: Rodengo 0-1 Ancona

At halftime this meant that the title was still tied and Ancona would take it purely on having beaten Darfo more in the season.

50th Minute Cavalli Scores Rodengo 1-1 Ancona

This goal put the Darfo fans into raptures, the other game showing on the big screen

63rd Minute Melara Scores Rodengo 1-2 Ancona

Back into second for Darfo, nothing they can do it all being in Rodengo's hands

79th Minute Florean Scores Rodengo 2-2 Ancona

With the Darfo fans now paying more attention to this game than the one in front of them the stands are on their feet as chants of "FLOREAN" echo around the stadium

83rd Minute Pignotti Scores Rodengo 2-3 Ancona

A loud boo sounds around the arena as this goal hits the back of the net.

85th Minute Trisic Scores Darfo Boario 4-0 Como

And there it is my team is into the playoffs for the third time this time finishing second ;)

Darfo Boario History

Season    League     Position  Result
2008/09 Serie C2/C      4th    Lost Playoff Semi
2009/10 Serie C2/A      3rd    Lost Playoff Final
2010/11 Serie C2/A      2nd   In Playoffs

We're located in a nice, 9980 seater stadium with adequate training facilities, basic youth facilities and we have a Youth Academy.

Just looking around the league there are five teams (including us) that have a capacity under 11,000. However, one of those teams is moving to a new 24k capacity stadium. Three teams have between 15k-20k, seven (soon to be eight) teams are between 20 and 30k, three teams 30-40k, three more have 40-50k and Bari have a 56k capacity stadium. We have the second-lowest capacity in the league. Six teams had lower average attendances. Come one chairman! :D

Unione Sportiva Alessandria Calcio 1912, Serie B, Season 2015-2016

So, a long season awaited us; The bookies gave us 500-1 promotion odds and placed us firmly in line for relegation. Stroker Sebastien Roch moved on to Andria in search of glory at the end of his contract, while back-up winger Francisco Parra went to division rivals Triestina.

We brought in Belgian U21 goalscorer Danny Gustin (ST, 21) from AA Gent, continuing a trend of skilled Belgian attackers, Frederico Del Grosso (D/W/M R, 32) from Frosinone, free agent Antonio Esposito (AM R, 31) and French U21 starlet Edmond Simon (DC, 18) from SC Bastia.

My Belgian strikeforce of De Winne, Gustin and Simone combined for only 21 goals on the season, but they were matched every goal with an assist for someone else. We spent the entire season comfortably above the danger zone, hovering between 14th and 8th place finally landing in 12th, shared with Bari, pretty much selling out every home fixture.

I'm sure you can guess whom the fans bestowed the Mauro Simone award on for an amazing seventh straight year. Even at 31 the Belgian striker remains sharp, and I'm hoping he'll finish out his carreer with us and become a skilled coach. He's already listed as favored personnel on the info page.

I predict a long stay in the Serie B, I won't be moving too fast towards promotion. I want to build up my finances, expand my stadium and improve my training grounds and youth development system and slowly improve my squad. Ofcourse I wouldn't throw any games in order not to get promoted, if my current side has the quality to develop into a Serie A side I'll continue them on, but I don't want to make the same mistakes as I've seen several other sides make in my competition and commit more money than they have in order to shoot up the table, only to hit bankrupcy or administration and have their players cut, no money for wages and take a murderous plummet towards non-existancy.

Seven teams in the top 3 leagues are bankrupt: Cagliari, Catania, Lazio and Parma (Serie A), Torino and Treviso (Serie B) and Messina (Serie C1/A). Financial trouble has seen Empoli, Messina and Siena fall to the Serie C1 after more than 15 seasons in A and B and cash-strapped Vicenza have made the drop to Serie C1 after more than 65 years between Series A and B. That's something I don't want. More-over, six Serie A and B sides are in danger of bankrupcy, 21 Serie C1 teams are in financial trouble. The Italian league system is full of financially unhealthy teams. I do not wish to be one of them.

League Table

2015/16: Serie B - 12th

2010/11 Darfo Boario End of Season Update

Well as I showed in my last report the team had got to the playoffs missing out on the title as they had lost to Ancona earlier in the season. So first up was Massese, away first and then heading home.

at Massese 0-1

I was actually happy to only be down by one heading home.

vs Massese 5-0 making it 5-1 on Aggregate

Diagne (18, 34, 40, 45) Rinaldi (32)

Diagne with a 10 rating just absolutely made my night getting my team into the final against Torres, agin we were heading away first and then bringing it home at the Comunale.

at Torres 1-1

Being tied with the home game to come I was extremely happy, and wouldn't you know it Diagne came away with a double as we went:

vs Torres 2-0 making it 3-1 on Aggregate and putting us into the Serie C1 for 2011/12 :)

Players of the Season

Cocco

Moliterni

Trisic

Pisa di Monterosa

Gijsen

Rinaldi

Diagne

My Youth Projects

Full Update in preseason

Masturzo

Citi

Bua

Bassoli

Bartolini

Names       Squad     GP      G     A    MoM   AvgR
Bartolini  Condinese  17(3)   1     3     0    7.25
Bassoli    Condinese  22      1    11     0    6.82
Bua           U20     14(8)   6     4     2    7.09
Citi       Condinese  25      2     4     0    7.12
Masturzo   Condinese  19(1)   3     0     0    7.05

Other Screenies for you

Unexpected Promotion

Church "The Famous Leader"

U20 Players Stats

I won some Money

U20 Stats

Final Victory

U20 Title

Senior Stats

Darfo Boario Club History

2008/2009   Serie C2/C   4th  Lost in Playoff Semi
2009/2010   Serie C2/A   3rd  Lost in Playoff Final
2010/2011   Serie C2/A   2nd  Promoted through Playoffs

All Time Leaders

Starts

Name                    Seasons  Starts
Momar Diagne                3     114
Rodolfo Pisa di Monterosa   3     113
Franco Rinaldi              3     112
Stefano Pietribiasi         3      86
Giovanni Martina            2      77

Goals

Name                    Seasons  Goals
Momar Diagne                3     78
Stefano Pietribiasi         3     62
Massimo Coda                2     51
Franco Rinaldi              3     38
Milko Trisic                1     20

Assists

Name                    Seasons Assists
Franco Rinaldi              3     67
Francesco Veneruso          3     41
Stefano Pietribiasi         3     25
Rodolfo Pisa di Monterosa   3     24
Momar Diagne                3     21

Man of the Match

Name                    Seasons  MoMs
Momar Diagne                3     20
Franco Rinaldi              3     13
Stefano Pietribiasi         3     12
Massimo Coda                2     10
Rodolfo Pisa di Monterosa   3      6

2011/12 Darfo Boario Update

Serie C1/A Squad Update

I am going to make 3 or so Preseason Updates as I lead into this season, the first being the introduction of my squad and their back-ups. The twenty-two players I list here are the ones I am expecting to not only avoid relegation, but seriously challenge for the playoffs this season.

Goalies

Ismael - The 22 year old Spaniard is in his second season at the club, and has clearly become the number 1 choice between the pipes.

Muller - A 21 year old Swiss keeper, Muller is the back-up keeper. Expect him to get a run during the winter months, or to remain on loan for the season.

Defenders

Volpe - A second season for the 21 year old Belgian, he looked good in his first.

Corbin - The 21 year old Frenchman is part of a great looking defensive line-up as Darfo Boario look to try and stop the goals.

Bardet - Another Frenchman working at the back, Bardet enters his second season as a fan favourite already.

Gijsen - The Dutchman was almost untouchable last season and made it into the team of the year, he looks to make the step up in 2011.

Ferro - One of the clubs stalwarts, Ferro has been around since 2008 and is going to push Volpe for his place all season long.

Mariani - A product of the Darfo Boario Youth Academy, Mariani attempts to make the step up.

Pisanu - Having just been promoted from the feeder system and straight into the senior squad, Pisanu is looking towards a bright future.

Sassi - Entering his 4th season with the club Sassi would have to be proud of what the club has achieved so far.

Midfielders

Diagne - The club's captain has been around since the beginning of Church's reign and looks set to be around for a few more years yet at only 25.

Moliterni - A star down the right wing side Moliterni looks forward to more great teamwork.

Pisa di Monterosa - The Monster as his fans have started to call him, there have been many pretenders, but none have been able to knock him from his place in the squad

Rinaldi - One of the few remaining players from 2008, Rinaldi is going to be a threat as always in Midfield.

van den Berg - The dutchman joined at the start of last season knowing he was a back-up to the clubs captain, but he is very happy to have a chance at such a great club.

Foglia - He spent a season as the number one right wing, but he has been replaced by Moli, Foglia will keep on battling for the spot.

Zito - A new signing for 2011, Zito is hoping to show some Italian flair down the left wing when he gets his chance.

Esposito - Solid & reliable are the two words most used to describe Esposito, he has been a long term servant of the club and continues to show the others how to play, definitely one to watch.

Forwards

Coda - The King has returned, the young Superstar loan signing for two seasons has signed a permanent contract with the club of his dreams. Be prepared for fireworks as he reasserts his place.

Trisic - After a stellar season in 2010/11 he is back and hoping for a Bosnian repeat, also likely to get an international call-up if he can keep up the effort.

Cocco - His season was always at second fiddle to Trisic, but Cocco has managed to stay with the club and he looks forward to a season to remember.

Mancisidor - The newest signing up front, it will be interesting to see if The Matador can cement a starters spot at Darfo Boario or whether he will be left on the bench behind two great stars.

And ladies and gentleman, those are your 2011, 2012 Darfo Boario BOARS!!!

Darfo Boario Youth Player Project

July 2011 Update

Player 1: Bassoli - WB/AML

July 2008

July 2009

July 2010

July 2011

| Year  | Squad | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|-------|-------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 08/09 |  U20  | 15(3) |   0   |    4    |  0  |  6.89  |
|       |  Sen  |  6(4) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  7.00  | 
| 09/10 |  Sen  | 5(14) |   1   |    0    |  0  |  7.05  |
| 10/11 |  Loan | 22    |   1   |   11    |  0  |  6.82  |
|_______|_______|_______|_______|_________|_____|________|

Quite happy to have seen Bassoli on loan and 6.82 is definitely acceptable, I would be calling him into my own squad, but I am full of great AML's, so he will be back on Loan again this season.

Player 1a: Masturzo - ST

Nov 2008

July 2009

July 2010

July 2011

| 08/09 |  U20  | 29    |  21   |    9    |  3  |  7.45  |
|       |  Sen  |  0(1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.00  | 
| 09/10 |  Sen  |  1(7) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  6.25  | 
| 10/11 |  Loan | 19(1) |   3   |    1    |  0  |  7.05  | 

Masturzo worked in conjunction with Bassoli at Condinese in 2010/11, and between them they made a star showing and have definitely proven themselves. Masturzo is not improving quite so much anymore, but could have a future. I don't plan on letting him go.

Player 2: Bartolini - DC

June 2009

July 2010

July 2011

| 09/10 |  U20  | 14(9) |   1   |    0    |  0  |  6.74  | 
| 10/11 | Loan  | 17(3) |   1   |    3    |  0  |  7.25  | 

Bartolini also did well on his loan duties, question is whether he is going to continue the trend leading towards him getting better than his counterpart Citi.

Player 2a: Citi - DC

July 2009

July 2010

July 2011

| 09/10 |  U20  |  32   |   4   |    2    |  1  |  7.22  |
|       |  Sen  |   1   |   0   |    0    |  0  |  7.00  |
| 10/11 | Loan  |  25   |   2   |    4    |  0  |  7.12  |

Citi had another stellar season, his improvements have dropped, but he is clearly still the best DC I have had come through my system.

Player 3: Bua - ST

July 2010

July 2011

| 10/11 |  U20  | 14(10)|   6   |    4    |  2  |  7.04  |

Bua managed to dominate the U20's whenever Beccaria wasn't around, but he is a definite possiblity for the future of Darfo Boario.

Player 4: Pisanu - DC

July 2011

I really like the look of this guy, he is already the equal of Citi, and with the right work could be a class defender for my level in the future.

Player 4a: Benassi - AML

July 2011

The reason I have picked Benassi is two-fold, firstly he is the first left wing since I got Bassoli in year 1, but most importantly I like the look of him and I could see him in my first team in the future.

So there you have it the class of 2011/12.

congrats to the pair of you!! great achievement staying in Serie B Mark - i was relegated straight back down in my first year, so mid-table is a great achievement. the foreigners look like their really making an impact now. what's your scouting abilities like now?

des - well done. good to see Como rolled over for you to try and help you to promotion ;) looking forward to seeing Coda fire you up the leagues!!

Yeah I agree, congratulations to both, some really impressive stuff going on! You guys seem to fly through seasons !! I try and sneak a couple of matches here and there ! Just completed pre-season on season 2 with a few new signings, hopefully my two new keepers and a few defenders might catapult me up the league this season !!

FM runs really fast on my new comp with only one league system loaded. :)

As for my scouts, for the first season I had two scouts, one at 10/7 and one at 5/12, the next I picked up some Belgian named Albert Martens who had 12/11 but has slowly regressed to 10/10 which is where he is now. The 5/12 one grew to 5/18 and I signed another scout (having let go the 10/7 one) that is 12/14. My scouting knowledge is full for Holland and USA bc of my nationality, Belgium and France, Italy for obvious reasons and Germany and Switzerland. I can only scout in the region for the time being.

I can also only scout in the region, but I have managed to upgrade my scouts considerably more. I will give a better update by editing this post as soon as I have information to hand ;)

Edit: Scouts are Simone Manetti 19/7, Nicolo Bigi 19/6 & Raffaele Nevola 14/17. Also my Ass Man is 12/14 and my coaches are 7/15, 7/10 & 14//7

As for knowledge Screenshot coming.

Scouting Knowledge

And some other screenshots I missed earlier

Best XI 2010/11

Coda said this on signing.

Overall Best XI

Team of the Year

Squad

Italian Season Summary

Fans Player of the Year goes to...

and the Serie C2/A Player of the year is...

LLR - Well, all seems to be going well and your scouting network looks excellent something I need to increase ! Just a quick update on Rouen, about 16 games in and going ok although we seem to have lost how to draw! I think our record is something like 11 wins and 5 losses and 0 draws ! Vareilles is still outstanding and is now tied to a long term contract, he has 17 in 16 and has now 50 career goals for us ! I have retrained a winger to play right back which has stopped the need to sign a right back and brough in some solid loanees to help us through. CB and keeper is still a worry, with 3 keepers 18 year old Swiss keeper Hartner, 19 year old Mexican Vela and 36 year old free transfer from PSG all playing 5 games each and struggling !! Screenies and more of update for when I reach January ! Lets hope Vareilles stays fit !

Good luck all in Italy !

Hoe do I stop the offers on my players :( During the damn transfer windows I get like 5-9 offers a day its like they are just trying unsettle my club especially when offering less than half the player value, I have just resined everyone til July 2013, currently Sept 1st 2011 ;)

could try setting unrealistic asking prices in transfer status screen? i also ignore everything except concrete offers for players. minimises the unstabling effect on players..... it's a problem that affects us all..... :(

could try setting unrealistic asking prices in transfer status screen? i also ignore everything except concrete offers for players. minimises the unstabling effect on players..... it's a problem that affects us all..... :(

Its just super irritating in a long term game just because I found the starlets I don't wanna sell my starting XI, everyone outside is a maybe give me a decent offer though.

Its just super irritating in a long term game just because I found the starlets I don't wanna sell my starting XI, everyone outside is a maybe give me a decent offer though.

i would set an unrealistic player value in transfer status. should scare quite a few off.... it is irritating though.

i would set an unrealistic player value in transfer status. should scare quite a few off.... it is irritating though.

Right prices set for my core 11 + 3 reserves at a million pounds. 2.5mil for Diagne, Rinaldi & Coda ;)

On a side note Gijsen has been called up to U21s for Holland :) & Trisic now seems to be a bench player for Bosnia (hoping he will get a game in the next lot) But having 14 players wanted by other teams and a 1-2 loss first up in the league I am a little worried, also thinking about maybe making my tactic slightly more defensive :p

So do that and now I just get stupid offers of Co-own instead...

Well now I am starting to get a little torn, there are a huge number of quality DM's around, everyone is saying Diagne is not up to it anymore, yet his average through 6 games so far this season is 7.57 which tells me to keep him, but everyone else says I should buy one of these other guys.

I think I will keep the faith, but if I start to see midfield problems Monsieur Diagne & Signor Rinaldi may be among the first to go as I try to hunt out possible Serie A quality players :p

Copied

I just posted this on the dafuge thread thought some here might be interested too.

Just build a team, and don't be scared to sign 50-80 players in a season to find the right line up. :thup:

I watch this thread a lot while playing my save in the JoseRR's Challenge, I have played a large number of lower league games throughout Europe and have used many techniques, but I think the most amusing one was when I had 30 days from the players returning until my first real game, and By this stage I had already got 30 players on trial in that first season, so I kept trialling anyone who looked good and had a friendly set for every single day, by the time my first game came around I had managed to tie down the 22 players I wanted to start the season with, of course I also had a reserve squad FULL of players I had trialled, but I have found this method worked well that time, but not really since.

In the first season I usually set up a filter on the List something like "contract Status" is "Expired" or "Expiring" or "Unattached", Position is "???", Attributes are more than "10" or at most "1" (This accounts for those with blank in there from the fog of war) with about 3-4 key attributes for the position as I see it. I also like to search young as these players are generally cheaper, yeah they sometimes make some big errors, but if you sign them and train them up you may end up with either a superstar or a player you can sell off for a pretty penny. If I cannot find two players of quality in a position under 25 then I look at 30+ as these guys are also pretty cheap. I admit this technique means it can take me a few seasons to build promotion, but after that first season I have my scouts out just searching everywhere they can, and if they find someone better than my current starter or I see that one could be better with coaching I will bring them in.

On the scouting front, I run a three scout system, two with High JA and one with high JP, if I can get them with both this is better, but the JP one is looking at players Under 21 and the other two at players over 21. Then once I get a good report I get it checked by one of the other scouts then trial or if he looks good I sign.

Hope this advice is helpful to someone :)

Just been reading American Calcio, a FM08 Story, and came across this gem about Italian football.

However, every club needs a power player, one who can shut down the other guy’s finesse. And since most Italian clubs place a premium on being damned hard to score against, the power player can be an important part of a club.[/Quote]

This here is the exact reason why Momar Diagne has been a Godsend for me in both Domegliara & in Darfo Boario. And now why Sten Gijsen is getting so much attention piled on him, Gijsen has now moved to the centre for corners and freekicks. I am now looking for a class corner taker, though I may just try and coach up one of my current crop ;)

I have my scouts searching for players U21, one in Holland, Belgium and France, one in Italy (he also scouts opposition) and now one in Scandinavia.

I have my assman scout every single 6 and 7 star player, and those that survive his scruples get compared to my current stock and then signed if they're better.

Just noticing other things as I go, this season Comunale has been an absolute fortress for me, so thought I would compare records Home and Away, below are results.

| Season  | League | Home   | Away   | Points |
|---------|--------|--------|--------|--------|
| 2008/09 |  C2/C  | 10-5-2 |  6-7-4 | 35-25  |
| 2009/10 |  C2/A  | 14-2-1 |  7-4-6 | 44-25  |
| 2010/11 |  C2/A  | 11-3-3 | 10-4-3 | 36-34  |
| 2011/12 |  C1/A  |  6-1-0 |  3-0-4 | 19- 9  |
|_________|________|________|________|________|

So over the seasons my home ground has been good to me, but the year I finally got promoted was the year that my team was able to get a good record on the road.

Unione Sportiva Alessandria Calcio 1912, Serie B, Season 2016-2017

Another rough season was predicted and I was skeptical. After all, I'd been defying odds in the last eight years, but this year they were pretty odds-on. We had a tough season, hovering between 13th and 20th place most of the season. Despite fighting hard, we couldn't avoid getting drawn into the relegation playout, where we faced Taranto. We tied the away leg 1-1, and a spiffy 2-0 home win secured us another year in the Serie B.

Players in:

• Aad Witsche (ST, 17) from FC Twente for 6k
  • Johnny Beauvue (DM, 18) from Amiens for free
  • Joris van der Heyden (DC, 21) from FC Groningen for free
  • Massimiliano Benassi (GK, 34) from Avellino for free
  • Mariano Stendardo (DC, 32) from Triestina for free

Cast off were Montiel and Perquis, as well as Angelotti for free, while French U21 star Edmond Simon (DC, 19) was sold to Juve for 200k and a future fee.

League Table

2015/16: Serie B - 12th

2016/17: Serie B - 18th

Rough luck there Des. In all fairness, though the money will be useful, and I'm willing to bet you can find a comparable striker for free. Even if you have to go to your search screen, set the search parameters Age >18, Age <30, contract expired, position ST. Then manually request scout reports from all your staff.

Oh I already have Coda (Better), Cocco (Equal) & Mancisidor (Little below) all covered by Esposito my stalwart haha. Although Mr Cocco is out for 4-6 months with a broken leg, just spent the morning sorting out who is staying and who is going, trying to stop the rot money wise. I have a 25k Wage budget, was using 24k with some smart shopping and dumping in January I am down to 20k. And my team is slightly improved in the process, still no corner taker, though training Rinaldi hard on Set Pieces hoping he will improve :)

*Engfeh*

My board are boobs. They will be taking on a 52M loan to build a new stadium. Which sounds promising.

Sadly, it will only house 14275 albeit with under-soil heating. We'll probably sell that out in 5 years time :/ But on the plus side, should it snow by some freak accident, the pitch will be fine :mad: (Alessandria is a valley city, south of the Alps. Winter temps are generally mild as far as I can tell.)

I can only imagine how long it will take me to pay off the loan to start thinking about expanding into a Serie A worthy ground of 30k+.

To the Serie A boys, how big are your stadia?

Edit: The loan runs until 2043. That's 25 years from now :( I'll be 68 (in-game). Bit late to make a Serie A run after 28 years in the Serie B. I'm sure the board will start bitching before then :D

congrats on staying up Mark, even if season was disappointing. well done on the new ground, though bit of a bummer with the loan... :( As for the Giuseppe Sinigaglia, it has always been just under 15,000. no expansion as yet..

(speaking of my Como game, it's on hold while i play my season in the wallace/roberts thread.... it's not forgotten)

This is our 1000th post

2011/12 Darfo Boario Update

So after our promotion I told the board that I would avoid relegation, so I was pleasantly surprised to hit the halfway point of the season sitting in 2nd place and only 1 point behind the leader. Though Cocco, one of my star strikers was out for 4-6 months with a broken leg, and then I lost Trisic as my Chairman decided to sell him over my head, this caused my team to go 11 games without a win before I righted the ship and we fought back to 5th. This meant facing Modena in the playoff semis, thought I may have a chance here. The FA's Silence over the Playoff Loss says it all. So another season to be spent in the Serie C1/A.

My International players

So this season I had my first player make it into an international so thought I would follow his progress. Meet Sten Gijsen the new Central Defender for the Dutch Under 21 side.

| Year  | Nation | Squad | Games  | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|--------|-------|--------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 11/12 |  NED   |  U21  |  3(1)  |   0   |    0    |  0  |  7.00  |
|_______|________|_______|________|_______|_________|_____|________|

He did pretty well in his four appearances nothing fancy, but enough to cement a place in the team, until he turned 22.

|Comp  |   Opposition            | Score | Rating | Subbed |
|------|-------------------------|-------|--------|--------|
|EU21Q | vs Switzerland U21s     |  2-0  |   7    |        |
|EU21Q | at N. Ireland U21s      |  1-1  |   7    |        |
|EU21Q | vs Bosnia & Herz. U21s  |  3-1  |   7    |  on 61 |
|EU21Q | at Switzerland U21s     |  2-3  |   7    |        |
|______|_________________________|_______|________|________|

After noticing in my start to the season how much of a fortress my stadium was with teams struggling to beat me there, I decided to compare the history of my club at home vs away.

Home vs Away

| Season  | League | Home   | Away    | Points |
|---------|--------|--------|---------|--------|
| 2008/09 |  C2/C  | 10-5-2 |  6-7- 4 | 35-25  |
| 2009/10 |  C2/A  | 14-2-1 |  7-4- 6 | 44-25  |
| 2010/11 |  C2/A  | 11-3-3 | 10-4- 3 | 36-34  |
| 2011/12 |  C1/A  | 10-4-3 |  6-1-10 | 34-19  |
|_________|________|________|_________|________|

The Star Players

Coda

Zaza

Rinaldi

Club History

2008/09 Serie C2/C 4th Lost in Playoff Semis
2009/10 Serie C2/A 3rd Lost in Playoff Final
2010/11 Serie C2/A 2nd Promoted Playoffs
2011/12 Serie C1/A 5th Lost in Playoff Semis

All Time Top Players

Appearances

Franco Rinaldi             152
Momar Diagne               151 (1)
Rodolfo Pisa di Monterosa  143 (3)
Massimo Coda               112
Stefano Pietribiasi         86

Goals

Momar Diagne          86
Massimo Coda          83
Stefano Pietribiasi   62
Franco Rinaldi        49
Milko Trisic          28

Assists

Franco Rinaldi              99
Francesco Veneruso          41
Rodolfo Pisa di Monterosa   31
Stefano Pietribiasi         25
Pasquale Moliterni          25

Man of the Match

Momar Diagne                21
Massimo Coda                17
Franco Rinaldi              15
Stefano Pietribiasi         12
Pasquale Moliterni           8

Youth Update to come in Preseason, and I may have a few more interesting tidbits about the club as well :)

Archived