FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deanotrfc

Good young GK at Liverpool, Australian,bout 17-18.

Id get him for a backup for Robbo, then another season or 2 when u got more cash buy someone to replace Robbo, not urgent for 1st 2 seasons as he's ok (until the new patch lol)

Samba (Blackburn DC) never let me down and is fairly cheap.

Robbo, King, Lescott, Bale, Fernandez, Berbatov and Defoe are all quality but you definately need a new RB and basically a new midfield. You also need more money so save your 6mil til the summer and try to get a CL spot. Goodluck

Billy you have any good midfieldrs you could recomend for me ??

Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Malbranque, Taino, Zokora, Hudds, Lennon, Boetang, Fernandez, O'Hara ... spurs midfields pretty strong for me. as you can see ive only bought in fernandez

The problem is each Spurs midfield has a big weakness in the game

Malbranque is way to slow

Tainio is weak and gets beat up

Zokora can't mark or head

Hudds is even slower in the game than in real life

O'Hara just isn't good enough in game but should be alot better after the patch

Lennon and Boateng are the only midfielders good enough for a title winning side in the game. IRL JJ, Malbranque, Tainio and O'Hara are all better than given credit for in the game and Lennon is about right on 8.0.1 but I'm lead to believe he's being reduced for the new patch but he shouldn't because he's been class the past month or 2.

Deano have a look at Makoun, De Jong, Lucas, van der Vaart, Diego, Giles Barnes, Johnson, Adu, Bentley, Farfan, Modric, Farfan, or Saivet.

Also keep an eye on Dos Santos and Bojan at Barca they're like Diego and Robinho were in CM 03/04 both come on frees and turn into 2 of the best players in the game.

Just started a game with Spurs.

First player I always try to bring into a new club is Sergey Ignashevich from CSKA Moscow... best free transfer in the game, excellent defender, offer him wages of £30,000 a week and he will 99% of the time sign for your Club.

Also bought in Ryan Taylor (Wigan), Marko Marin, Derek Boateng is very cheap too (£1m) and a good DM, Giles Barnes (even though he cost me £11m!), I sold Keane and try to play Barnes just off a striker - Barnes & Berbatov is a excellent partnership with Defoe & Bent in the mix too - also signed Niklas Barkroth, excellent prospect but can't seem to sign Harry Forrester from Aston Villa.

Finding it hard to sell players, sold Keane to Pompey for £6.25m, Malbranque to Lazio for £3.2m, can't bloody give away Ricardo Rocha even for £1.5m!

Also Ghaly has the same attitude problem in the game as in real life lol! Already unhappy, Chimbonda moaning because I signed Ryan Taylor.

Had BIG bids for Luke Moore & Dean Ashton rejected (£10.5m).

I like Adel Tarrabt - put him on the left wing for now, although I sometimes play Wayne Routledge there and always does a decent job.

Defoe banging in the goals, 8 in 8 already!

Ghaly should go for 500k, Lee £2m and Zakora £3m, Malbranque £10m in Jan Keane £10m JJ £10m Dawson £9m.

Rocha is good cover and buy Abenzoar for future cover at RB and Menez a good buy for attacking left.

I like Adel Tarrabt - put him on the left wing for now, although I sometimes play Wayne Routledge there and always does a decent job.

How did you decide to put Tarrabt on the left wing? Is it just because he has good crossing and can play with either foot? Just curious...

I'm training him to play striker in 2012, since I don't play with an AMC in my tactic.

For quality youngsters at the start bring in Bouzanis, Bolat or Preston Edwards in goal. Boccaly or Saunier from France and Breno from Brazil in defence. Managed to get Mascherano at the end of first season on a free, also a lad called wiljandium from Holland who turns out to be quality. Dalle Valle, Andrade and Gideon Boateng are all ones for the future up front.

Originally posted by misterawesome:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I like Adel Tarrabt - put him on the left wing for now, although I sometimes play Wayne Routledge there and always does a decent job.

How did you decide to put Tarrabt on the left wing? Is it just because he has good crossing and can play with either foot? Just curious...

I'm training him to play striker in 2012, since I don't play with an AMC in my tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah exactly that, Tarrabt can play with either foot and he seems to be doing realy well for me at the moment... although obviously that can change!

Hey guys, I'm Spurs on an online game and just wondering if Boetang and/or Tarrabat turn out good enough to get in the side. I've played Boetang a few times, he's doing ok(better than Malbranque) and Tarrabat is out on loan at Auxerre.

How will I get the best out of them? I need an AMC, should I buy a ready made one or wait for one of these guys?

Its Jan. 2010 and I have a 38 million budget after selling Lennon

Originally posted by neil220779:

Hey guys, I'm Spurs on an online game and just wondering if Boetang and/or Tarrabat turn out good enough to get in the side. I've played Boetang a few times, he's doing ok(better than Malbranque) and Tarrabat is out on loan at Auxerre.

How will I get the best out of them? I need an AMC, should I buy a ready made one or wait for one of these guys?

Its Jan. 2010 and I have a 38 million budget after selling Lennon

Boateng is Fantastic and Taarabt turns into a great player can train him on the left side as well

argh! why oh why do Arsenal always make an offer for Lennon on my game??? do they honestly think that we would sell him to them IRL??? so why do it in the game? Worst thing is, when i 1st played the game without any patches they made an offer of 12mill and levy went over my head and accepted it !! WTF!!!

Both Boateng and Tarrabt have variable PAs also Barnes, so down to luck.

The Arsenal bid for Lennon is worse because Lennon wants to talk to them.

Berbs and Fred (2nd Season) are a potent strike force.

just starting a new game with the 8.0.2 patch, whats happened to the defence! only Rocha and Kaboul available and injury free!

Henville as got good stats on my game and O'Hara looks pretty good.

Board gave me £32 million at start of game as i promised them id win the league.

Most of the usual players id buy are unavailable ie:

Breno - hes at Bayern

Banega - some spanish club have got him now

gonna try and make a 4-4-2 tactic now

Woooo 2-0 to spurs v slav on C5 cum on!!!

I started a new game last night with the mighty spurs. bought a few reserve players and 3 1st teamers, Samba (blackburn) as the defence was injured lol only had Rocha n Kaboul injury free then Rocha got knocked out for 6weeks.

Also got Fernandez and VDV.

Sticking with everyone else.

Im playin 4-4-2,

Robbo

Bale/that new brazilian

Samba/huddlestone

Kaboul/huddlestone

Hutton/Chimbonda

Fernadez/Malbranque

Zokora/huddlestone

VDV/Jenas

Lennon/Malbranque

Keano/Bent

Berbatov

Play wide with wingers, flat midfield but farrows for DMC & AMC

Berbatov as targetman with ball to feet

VDV as playmaker

Fernandez cuts inside while bale runs up the channels.

play slow tempo,short passing,closing down own half.

attacking i switch to a more attacking style, up creative, faster tempo,diretc play with counter attacking.

I also go though each player and setting there individual settings as i see fit.

Also set corners;

Aim 6yrd box

Bale take right (inswing)

Jena take left (inswing)

Berbatov - attack GK

Keano - nr post flickons

Samba attach nr post

Kaboul - attack far post

VDV - outside area

Fernandez - short option

Chimbonda (good header) as attack from deep

Everyone else stay back.

Try to set my throw ins aswell, long throws ad pput all my good headers forward.

Played 5 games so far, 4 pre-seasons

won all, 5-0 6-0 4-0 5-1 against turkesh unknown sides.

1st prem game was against Arsenal which we drew 3-3 at home.

thats all i got for now as im at work n not at the actual game.

I dont know how to post screen shots and its not worth uploading the tactic yet until ive tested it

Like a few others here, i started a new gane with the 8.0.2 patch.

Sold Young-Pyo-Lee (whateverhid name is) to Wet Spam for £2m.

Bought VDV (£12m+ clauses), Fernandez (£10m), Saviet, Sakho.

8 games in and am 4th. W4 D3 L1.

And with the Defoe transfer error, I'm getting £1m per week added to the transfer kitty. It feels a little bit like cheating, cos I haven't fixed it. But don't want to start a new game now I've started fairly well. So I'll leave it icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, I'm not complaining with the extra £50m we've been given. I thought the original transfer budget of £30m was pretty generous anyway, and then i realise we've got the added 'bonus'!

I'm playing Fernandez as a left winger and happy with that for now. I'm think a quality DMC is needed and another forward (Huntleaar?).

What do you think of Hutton and Woodgate and how you gonna spend the £50m.

Just started a game on 8.0.2 with Spurs - I fixed the defoe bug as it's a network game, and it bankrupts portsmouth, not to mnetion it's just taking advantage of a bug realy....and i like to keep things abit more realistic

Okay started my Spurs save.

IN:

Bogan Stancu

Christopher Samba

Ever Banega

Alan Hutton

Mika Aaritalo

Sergey Ignashevic

Henri Saivet

Rafael Van Der Vaart

Yohann Gourcuff

Thiago Motta

Total: 23.5 M

OUT:

Andrew Barcham

Pascal Chimbonda

Total: 4.4 M

Table Position: 5th after 8 games. Only 2 defeats coming against Chelsea and Man United.

Can someone tell me what the chances of me being sacked are if i said title contender and i end up finishing about 6th?

Like a few others here, i started a new gane with the 8.0.2 patch.

8 games in and am 4th. W4 D3 L1.

Just like me I started new game with Spurs on 8.0.2 and similar start as above with defeat at Derby of all places. However I went on 10 game run without win icon_mad.gif

RECORD NOW IS P 27 W 9 D 6 L 12 SO NOT GREAT. cc I lost in semis to Everton and went out in 5th round FA to watford 4-1 which I dont get at all. Using 4-4-2's but not having the winnign touch quite yet but some of the technical stats of many players look so poor?

don`t no about you boys but i`m having a right mare.i set my team and tactics up as spurs play now and lost 10 league games on a trot.robbo and cerny both make howlers,concede from set pieces every game,and berbs finishing is a joke.some may so just like IRL but i dont think so.i purposely waited for this patch 2,as the other one and its finishing prevented me playing it. nice to see the scum take another humiliation on tv again

Hello all, this is my first time on these forums since 06 (formerly known as edgar555, but can't remember passwords or email i used then! doh!)

Anyway just got patched up and what has happened to Lennon?? OMG!! imho he has been superb since Ramos arrived yet his stats make him look like wayne routledge! in fact most of the midfielders look below par, i'll see what i can do with them tho. Gilberto's a happy bonus.

I like a challenge but this may be rock hard! Injury list from hell to start with as well! & i've had Bale and Berbs added to that for 3-4 mths each.

Anyway signed Stekelenburg (gk, £11m from ajax), Downing (£9m middlesboro), Sankhare (dm, PSG, £925 only 17 y.o) and then due to Berbs injury Briand (£11m, Rennes).

Beat the scum 2-1 at the lane!!!!! and then wet spam away first two league games!! then lost 2 in a row to pompey and blunderland, typical! I'm playing 442 with slow, short passing. Will let you know how it goes.

'park lane boy'

Don't know what's happening with you.

Robinson has been amazing for me and my assistant keeps raving about how well he's doing in training and his stats are sky rocketing.

I'll admit, Berbatov went 10 hours with out scoring, but he scored a brace in my last match with has given his confidence a massive boost so i urge you to keep using him.

Robinson has been amazing for me and my assistant keeps raving about how well he's doing in training and his stats are sky rocketing.

I'll admit, Berbatov went 10 hours with out scoring, but he scored a brace in my last match with has given his confidence a massive boost so i urge you to keep using him.

I've had the same experience as you with Robbo haza, he's been incredible most of the season.

But Berba has been the player of the season for me, from 20 starts he's got 17 goals, so I'm not complaining icon_smile.gif

Lpool offered Lucus in exchange for Berbs.

Only sold Chimbonda, and loads of unhappy players as Harry has no money to buy them..

Woodgate and Samba both score from corners which helps.

I started a new game a spurs

Signed Menez and Barnes for AMR and AML and a few players that are supposed to get good (saivet)and some others.

So far

Arsenal P 14 W 12 D2 L 0 Pts 38

Tottenham P 14 W 12 D2 L 2 Pts 32

Chelsea P 14 W 9 D 4 L1 Pts 31

Man Utd P 14 W 9 D 4 L1 Pts 31

Lost to Arsenal and Reading both 1-0

Just starting my 2nd season with spurs. Had a good 1st season. Got to the final of the league cup and got beat off west ham? Got to the semis of the F.A and got beat off pompey who we coudnt seem to beat all season. Got to the semis of the uefa cup and got beat off arsenal, finished 4th 5 points behind champions arsenal.

We had a great start to the season then dropped alot of points midway through, then bounced back with an amazing run 12 games unbeaten in the league. We beat chelsea every game we played against them, drew with united both games. Couldnt play against 5th placed liverpool and in the league we beat arsenal 3-2 home, our away game against them was a thriller, spurs 3-0 up at half time and we managed to get beat 5-4 unbelieveable!

Got 17.5mil for final position and 20 odd for tv rights so had around 40mil to splash on players for the up coming season.

heres my team, looking to sign a few back up players who should become good.

robinson

bouzanis - from liverpool

garay 20mil

woodgate

onouha

micah richards 25mil

sakho - very promising

king

bale

ifil

kaboul - looking good

de jong

makoun

huddlestone

thiago - great barca prospect signed for 2.3mil

jenas

routledge - couldnt sell him but seen a massive improvement in training so he gets another shot

lennon

wijnaldum

aissati - trying to improve him with special training seems to be working well, now described as a wonderkid and arsenal bid 25mil but i rejected

fernandez

boateng

lulinha - backup for now

riquelme - signed for 1.4 as a backup still only 30 though

taarabt - hot prospect

keane - amazing

bent? was going to sell but giving him another go, got 20goals last season, i just wanted abit more money

berbatov - my best striker

stancu - hot prospect hoping to make money unless he becomes a worldclass player.

about 20 teams have asked about piatti but he's not going anywhere.

dalla valle is looking good,terry dixon looks like he's going to become amazing, his stats are very very good for an 18year old. Take a look at my back up keeper, 2nd season and his stats are;

aerial ability 18

command area 13 - an arrow for improvement

communication - poor 7 but he's still only 17

handling 16 - improvement arrow

kicking 15 - improvement arrow

one on ones 17 - improvement arrow

reflexes 17

rushing out 17

throwing 15

positioning 12 - improvement arrow

jumping - 19

still needs improvement but he's only 17 and looking great for the future

i play 1 striker with an attacking mid behind him, any ideas on who i could sign, has to be youngish have good strength and pace and works hard for the team

Those playing with the update may have noticed the Defoe **** up.

Sadly I had no glory in this but I couldn't have done it better myself. icon_biggrin.gif

As you may know the 8.0.2 update is set so that pompey owe us £1m per game for the next 50 games that he plays in the league! icon_biggrin.gifsmiley36.gif" align="middle

It's obviously not realistic as Spurs become rich & Pompey go bankrupt (shame it wasn't Arse or Chavs!) but it's funny.

Although it was really a last minute transfer it's a tad embarrassing tbh

This is how you fix it, (you can always load either the original update or the fixed one.

If you're not familiar with the editor. (A lot of you can skip the next bit but some may benefit (there are some who dont even know the game comes with an editor). icon_eek.gif

Load the editor

Select club -> Type Pompey

Goto finances

Goto Contract Clauses 2

Scroll down to Jermain Defoe

Change the 50 one to after league appearances not as it is per league appearance [icon_biggrin.gif]

You then save it separate to the original with a different name. (8.0.2 fix)

Then you can choose which database when starting a new game.

Here's a vid showing it step by step.

http://henkee.se/henke/camtasia/802fix/802fix.html

Still 2nd first season 5 pts clear of united and Chelsea but aresnal are 9 pts ahead of me and are still unbeaten. Chelsea knocked me out of the league cup 1/4 final with a goal that was offside and the FA were silent over my criticism. In January now but aren't sure whether i want to buy anyone

razaldo keep going mate your doing great, check this out,

Alrite currently 4 games in to my 2nd season with tottenham, things are going really well especially on the money side of things.

Weve just made profit of £170million in the space of a around 2 1/2 month!

For finishing 4th in the league we got 17.5m

For tv rights we got 26mil

Sold 17mil worth of season tickets

Sold 91mil worth of talent

recieved 9.5mil of sponsership

3mil prize money

2mil merch

gates sofar 2.6mil

ledley king sold to madrid for 20mil

lennon sold to madrid 40mil

makoun sold to A.madrid 17mil

jenas to pompey 10mil

hutton 7.5mil to man city

malbranque to pompey 6mil

ive spent 78mil this season and 41mil last season. The money on this game is amazing what you can do it is real life now, the prize money...

Also i read somewhere you can ask for a feeder team for say the U.S where you can make alot of profit... ive never had the option before all i get is ask for feeder team. At some point in the game is there an option for this or is it just luck you get chinese... feeder clubs.

Now ive to look for players who can replace lennon,king and makoun. Weve got 80mil to spend thoughicon_smile.gif

posted that in a new discussion, thats what you can do with spurs, i finished 4th in the league 1st season.

lennon was ok 1st season turning out class come the end and start of the new season.

My team at the minute since selling some of my quality players

robinson - awesome

richards

woodgate - was planning on having king there or zapata

garay

bale

de jong

barnes

thiago

aissati

fernandez - 2nd best player ive ever had behind kaka playing in atm, kaka was on 07 game though.

berbatov - ok last season awesome this season.

terry dixon in reserves or under 18s looks awesome aswel for the future.

backup players

bouzanis

onuoha

sakho

kaboul

ngoyi - looking good for the future signed for 4mil never had him before

huddlestone

szetela - awesome on 07

o'hara

routledge

wijnaldum

boateng

lulinha

riquelme

keane - great player but fernandez had taken that atm position

stancu

bent

im hoping to sign zapata sometime in the future to partner garay, awesome defence for the future

wow thats a huge income. Thanks god i didn't just sell Lennon for 6 milliion. Your team looks pretty good are you still looking to strengthen it? If so where and i'll have a look for some good players for you.

A good piece of advice i would give to anyone is get a good corner routine as it wins quite a lot of games. i have scored the most goals from corners in the league.

My rountine is

Bale corner taking and aiming for the 6 yard box

Woodgate - Near post fick - Second best player at heading

Collicini(sp?) - Challenge Keeper - good at heading and jumping

Berbatov - Stand on far post - Good finishing and anticipation atributes

2 players are attacking from deep and a few are lurking

cheers Razalodo. Im using a 4-1-3-1-1 united formation that i downloaded from the tactics and training tips forum, works very well but as always a formation maybe not work if your players are'nt suited to it, luckily my tottenham players seem to have settled into it.

Im looking to stengthen heavily.I like my GK and DF alot its performing very very well, maybe 1 more centre back to replace woodgate but at the minute he's doing well. I dont think routledge,de jong, huddlestone will be able to cut it in europe so il be looking to try get the best out of them for another season and then let them move on, they are'nt doing to bad at the minute though.

Berbatov isnt the fastest striker but he is quality, bent has pace and power but is sometimes inconsistent so il be looking for a new striker at the end of the season.

Ive tabled bids for scott parker,theo walcott to replace lennon plus he can play both sides i also have giles barnes who is looking good already. Id like agbonlahor aswel, on games i just tend to buy players i like irl or a player with great potential on the game. Although carragher is a good player and a rock in defence you'd never see me buy him, i can admit hes a great player but i just dont think he's suited to my team... i look at things that way.

i play Berbatov as a lone striker too and found it helps if he is set to target man and 'to feet' Scored 27 in 34

I think that given time huddlestone will be a good player so would hang onto him also adel Taarabt has already atracted interest from Arsenal so i would see how he turns out if you still have him.

You could try splashing some cash on Banega for Dm if your having doubts

what season are you both in?

Just done the unthinkable, took tottenham to the san siro to play AC and beat them 2-0 away. You usually need 10points in the group stages to qualify and we have 6 from 2 games beating vienna 1st game 3-0. PSV are our other opponents.

Giles barnes had a sensational game scoring a great goal running from alf way line on the wing cutting into the box and smashing it bottom corner. He then set up berbatov for the 2nd.

Perfect replacement for lennon.

how good does banega become anyone had any experience with him in the dfm position?

Archived