FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

Yep, go £10 mill for malbranque woohooo

Also inter n arsenal makin bids for lennon grrr

ive asked for £12mill up front n 8mill spread over 24months hehe ill sell if i get that.

And newcastle enquired about dawson, shall i sell him?

Got king, samba, ignashevich and also breno comming at end of season mm actually ill sk for £5 mill see wat they say

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replacing Lennon is not that easy - Check cost of Bresciano, Belluschi, Farfan and I like Gyan as FS as well.

With Kaboul and Derv as back up then you may get 9m for Dawson.

Keep tabs on Guardado Lucas and Ustari

Originally posted by knap:

Paulinho

Thanks for your hard work.

As a general point the top ability players are Bale King and Chimb - Berbs could do with a tweak upwards probably also Jenas. Mid table is probably fair based on current ability although the top teams maybe overrated.

Dixon has not yet made it out of Reserves after 7 seasons and easier to buy Saviet for free.

icon14.gif

Originally posted by RedMac:

Hi Guys, I'm currently playing with Liverpool and I am interested in the youg striker Dixon? in the Spurs reserves at the start of the game, does he turn out any good?

Cheers

He turns out better on some games than others. What do your scouts say?

From my experience I've found he makes for a good reserves player, but that's about all.

Originally posted by <smurf>:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by Berby-Goal

great news Berby-Goal, good to hear tacs worked out well icon14.gif

i'll finish the season over this weekend and start looking into strengthning my squad

guess i must definitivly look into fernandez, aguero, fred and modric - i need a new att mid left as i feel malbranque should be on his last breaths icon_wink.gif

robbo has been great for me so i guess i'll hang onto him - seems like Juande Ramos has been reading the posts, hope he also goes after VDV, Aguero, Fred, etc, lol

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the transfer window just closed and the 31mil burned a hole in me pocket so I blew it on

Mascherano who was at Valencia and had a 12.25mil release clause which I activated and

David Luiz who cost 16mil but I'm lining him up as Kings replacement because he's about to turn 29 and probably only has 2 or 3 season at peck performance left in him

I also brought in Canizares on a free transfer to be my 3rd string keeper and Gourcuff was availabe on loan so I snapped him up until the end of the season.

I ended up selling Flamini for 7.5mil to Lazio and Samba for 10mil to Bolton. My bank balance is sitting at 8 mil with a 6mil transfer budget and with CL footy I'm making a tidy profit each month.

My squad now looks like this for the 3rd season

GK- Wiese, Itandje, Canizares

DF- Richards, King, Luiz, Kaboul, Ignashevic, Jankulovski, Diogo, Bale, LYP

MD- Mascherano, Makoun, Maldonado, Fernandez, Modric, Kalou, Farfan, Boateng, Gourcuff, Assulin

ST- Fred, Aguero, Bent

Not to shabby icon_cool.gif

We've won our first 5 games in the league including a 4-3 thriller over Manure in the last game. We also won the Euro Super Cup 1-0 vs Arsnil for the 2nd season running and beat Everton 3-1 in the Community Shield.

Fred is on fire 7 apps with 11 goals already and a 8.43avr icon_biggrin.gif I smell more silverware icon14.gif

Finally finished my 2nd season with a treble to add to the clean sweep of my 1st season.

Pleased with a treble of Prem, FA & CL but it seems the board wont tolerate me doing badly in the League cup, knocked out by Chelsea away at the 1st attempt! icon_rolleyes.gif

Lost a couple of away games in the CL & only one in the League (last game of the season when the title was already won & I was resting players for the Cup final).

Despite this very successful season very few of my players finished the season with high average ratings.

Matias, King & Cazorla were the only ones who finished the season with an average above 7.2 for the season.

But my players did well in the CL finishing 1st, 2nd & 3rd in CL's best players Berbs, King & Cazorla.

I play mainly narrow 4-5-1/4-3-3.

GK Robbo/Felipe

DR Rafinha/Chimbonda

DL Bale/Warnock

DC King/Igneshevic

DC Garay/Kaboul

DMC Makoun/Kargbo

MC Jenas/Wijdnaldum

MC Matias/Marko Marin

AMR Cazorla/Giles Barnes

AML Sergio Mota/Jeremy Menez

ST Bent/Berbatov

Squad

Lulinha

Torje

Renato Augusto

Stancu

Preston Edwards

Saivet

Trecarichi

Ifil

Cabrera

Rose

Batuhan

Loads of kids but some of the youngsters like Mota & Wijdnaldum were starting to show something towards the end of the season.

Just want to add another DMC for next season as Kargbo is crap.

I'm thinking Alou Diarra.

well i managed to get rid of Lennon to Inter for 16mill (24mill with extras), Dawson to Newcastle for 6mill. Bank balance is good now. Got Giles Barnes to replace lennon as Routledge doesnt fit into my tactic and wow! what a player, very impressed with Barnes.

Got 3 games left in the premiership in my 1st season. Im 2nd with a game in hand and chelsea are 3pts in front. There next game is against Man Utd, so i need Utd to win or a draw, also Cheski's got a 6goal advantage over me.

Ive won the league cup and im in the finals of Euro cup (Bayern) and FA cup (chelski).

Got about 6players comming at end of season, Piatto, Breno, Stancu and some kids.

Lookin at the squad i need a 30+ goal machine up front. Keano's top scorer so far with 23, Bent 14, Berbatov 13, Defoe 11 as i couldnt decide on who to pair up and also i sometimes play one up front.

Hoping Banega plays better next season and i could do with a AML as i prefer t play Fernandez in the middle.

Defence is good, few good players commin in nxt season.

King, Igneshevic, Chimbonda, Bale, Samba at moment.

Got Rafinha in belgium for his WP, Breno comming in next season aswell. Need good cover for bale.

Is Wijdnaldum any good? whats team does he play for?

Newcastle next?

Offer Rafinha a new contract to avoid loan for WP.

Wijdnaldum is outstanding but PA can vary, and Bent or Defoe should both be goal a game players.

Have you tried Kaboul at DMC useful at MC or Esparzza, VDB, although Diarra should be quality.

Originally posted by paulinho:

Just want to add another DMC for next season as Kargbo is crap.

as a DMC u are right but he's v.good as cover for RB, CB or LB

he played my last games as onouha was injured and did v.well

f.ernst and f.muamba have been great for me as DMC's

i might try boateng in that position too (first without retraining)

My squad for season 2:

GK: Robinson/Costil

DF: King/Coliccini/Gardner/Dervite/Chimbonda/Bale/Korean Guy

MF: Malbranque/Boetang/Tarabat/Lennon/Barnes/Farfan/Makoun/Huddlestone/Mark Gonzalez

FW: Cesar Delgado/Berbatov/Nugent(loan)

I played 4-4-2 first season, a bit diappointing finishing 7th, but won the LC so am in Europe again.

I scored goals, but conceded far too many with a back 4 of Chimbonda/King/Gardner/Bale, hopefully Coliccini will help and its not my tactics.

Any advice on formation/tactics or who I should play appreciated.

(I'm in a clan btw and my main problems are against the other human managers, they have some weird formations that have obviously taken some time to perfect in testing, something I don't really have time to do)

Just finished 3rd season and dominated I was top of the league from the 1st game and never looked back Fred put up some crazy numbers

Fred

55apps 48gls 26ass 7.77avr

I've already advanced to the 4th season so I can't remeber everyone elses but I did the treble winning the EPL, FA Cup and CL

Fred won the 'World Footballer of the Year' and 'European Striker of the Year' and the CL golden boot

Aguero won the 'World Player of the Year' and 'European Footballer of the Year' he also won 'English Footballer of the Year' and 'European Golden Boot' because he scored more league goals than Fred. Aguero also missed the last 2 and a half months of the season breaking his ankle and still won all that.

In the CL final I beat Madrid 2-1 and was pretty lucky to tell the truth because Mascherano got a red card with 10 minutes to go and Real went all out attack but we held on and won the CL in our first season in it.

I bought Giles Barnes for 17mil in January then turned around and sold him to Udinese at the end of the season for 18mil because he bitches to much about my team talks. I also sold Mascherano for 19mil to Bolton of all places he coulda went to FC Bayern but he picked Bolton icon_eek.gif

I just bought Messi for 40mil icon_cool.gif and Lucas for 10mil to replace Mascherano. I'll probably also snap up Garay for 21mil from Valencia I want Zapata but he's at Juventus and they aint tryn to sell.

Inter have come in with an enquiry for Berbatov in January of the 1st season. He's not doing all that well, but I'm not sure if I want to sell him. He's scored 3 in 18 matches and has an average rating slightly below 7. Defoe is gone, and Bent is injured for 3 months, so right now it's Berbatov and Keane. Should I sell, and for how much? And if I do sell him, who can I convince to come to the team to replace him? I don't really have any other money available, other than what I'd get for Berbatov. I'm currently 4th, but don't have a great reputation yet. Aguero and Fred have no intentions of joining at this time, though I'm hoping they change their minds in the summer.

Originally posted by skeletore2002:

Inter have come in with an enquiry for Berbatov in January of the 1st season. He's not doing all that well, but I'm not sure if I want to sell him. He's scored 3 in 18 matches and has an average rating slightly below 7. Defoe is gone, and Bent is injured for 3 months, so right now it's Berbatov and Keane. Should I sell, and for how much? And if I do sell him, who can I convince to come to the team to replace him? I don't really have any other money available, other than what I'd get for Berbatov. I'm currently 4th, but don't have a great reputation yet. Aguero and Fred have no intentions of joining at this time, though I'm hoping they change their minds in the summer.

Keep him until you can afford a good replacement but if you want to sell him check out Asamoah Gyan on Udinese he's a beast fast strong good in the air and on the deck. You'd also be lucky to get 20mil for Berby I could only get 12.5mil for him. He's way underrated in the game. icon13.gif

The transfer window at the beginning of the 4th season just closed and I went on another crazy spending spree icon_biggrin.gif I can't seem to save money

IN

Valter Birsa - FC Sochaux - Free

Lucas - Liverpool - 10mil

Lionel Messi - Barcelona - 40mil

Ezequiel Garay - Valencia - 21mil

Bogdan Stancu - Celta - 4.4mil

Henri Saivet - Bordeaux - 7.5mil

Royston Drenthe - R.Madrid - 12.5mil

Michael Johnson - Man City - 12mil

Matt Murray - Wolves - 1mil

Mario Balotelli - Inter - Loan

Par Hansson - Helsingborg - 825k

OUT

Giles Barnes - Udinese - 18mil

Lee Young Pyo - Levante - Free

Javier Mascherano - Bolton - 19mil

Marek Jankulovski - Chievo - Free

Ben Alnwick - Colchester - Free

Valter Birsa - Parma - 4.3mil

Salomon Kalou - Roma - 40mil

Younes Kaboul - Bolton - 7.5mil

My 25 man Squad for season 4

GK. Wiese, Murray, Hansson

DF. Richards, King, Luiz, Garay, Ignashevic, Bale, Diogo, Drenthe

MD. Messi, Fernandez, Makoun, Lucas, Modric, Farfan, Johnson, Boateng, Assulin, Maldonado

ST. Fred, Aguero, Saivet, Stancu

icon_wink.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gificon_razz.gif

Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

lookin at my AMC positions, should i keep Boeteng and play him or get either diego or VdV? Already got fernandez

its good that u've got fernandez

try and get one of the mentioned VDV, aguero, diego and i'll add riquelme

u acnt go wrong from then on

this is my 1st team squad for my 2nd season

GK Robinson

GK Bouzanis

DR Chimbonda

D/WBR Ratino (Work Permit needed)

DRC Ignashevich

DRC Samba

DC Breno

DC King

DC,DM Kaboul

D/WB/ML Bale

WB/AML Guardado

DM Banega

MC Zokora

AMRC Barnes

AMRC Jenas

AMLC Fernandez

AMC Boateng

FC Keane

FC Stancu

ST Bent

ST Berbatov

ST Defoe

Any good?

Reserve

GK Alnwick

DR Gunter

DR Stalteri

DC Dervite

DC Gardner

DC Rocha

D/WBR Ratinho (WP Needed)

D/WBL Ekotto

D/WBL Berchiche

D/WBL Young Po

MCR Ghaly

MRLC Taino

MLC O'Hara

AMRL Routledge

AMRCL Per Cijan Skjelbred

AMRCL Wijnaldum

AMRCL/ST Aaritalo

AMLC Dzsudzsak

AL Danny Rose

AMLC/FC John Fleck

AMC Lulinha

AMC Piatti

AMC Taarabt

AM/FC Terry Dixon

AM/FC David Hutton

FC Alexander Olsen

ST Barnard

ST Dawkins

ST Pekhart

ST Ronnie Schwartz

Loads players here, who would you recommend i get rid of?

Cheers Folks

Originally posted by <smurf>:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Berby-Goal:

The transfer window at the beginning of the 4th season just closed and I went on another crazy spending spree icon_biggrin.gif I can't seem to save money

in 4 years u've only managed to keep 3 original spurs players icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but I've got Messi and like I said I can't seem to save any money every summer transfer period I go mental and buy up all the talent. I'm going to try and stick with this squad for 4 or 5 seasons. Modric might get the boot though because he's been whingying alot when big teams come in for him and I reject them. I'll probably sell him and replace him with Silva and I might snap up Breno too but that's it icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by knowledgeboy:

berby goal in your first season what players did you buy and get rid of and also what tactics did you/do you use many thanks

smurf has a really good tactic at the top of page 9 it's a Fiora Pyramid at least thats what I call it. 442 formations are crap in this game it's best to use a 451 or 433 imo.

In my first season my transfers were

OUT

Keano - WHam - 10mil

Ghaly - Wigan - 3.1mil

Zokora - Derby - 4.1mil

Hudd - Reading - 2.6mil

JJ - Reading - 5.5mil

Defoe - Pompey - 10.25mil

Lennon - arsnil - 20mil +50%

Malbranque - Pompey - 5.5mil

IN

Ignashevic - CSKA - free

VDV - HSV - 10mil

Modric - Dinamo - 11.25mil

Fernandez - Villareal - 9.25mil icon14.gif

Makoun - Lille - 8mil

Samba - Blackburn - 1.4mil

Maldonado - Santos - 5.75mil

Farfan - PSV - 6.75mil

Assulin - Barca - 5.5mil

I also told the board I could win the league first season but only got 4th but I won the UEFA Cup and I think that's the only thing that saved me 1st season. 2nd season I did the treble(EPL, League Cup & Uefa again) third season I did the treble again ( EPL, FA Cup, CL) now I'm just starting my 4th season with the squad above.

HATEM BEN AFRI FROM LLYON HAS BEEN A TREAT FOR ME, MY FIRST SIGNING ASWELL AS TOULALAN AGAIN FROM LLYON, TOULALAN GOT PLAYR OF THE YEAR AND HAD AV RATING AT 8.01 BEN AFRI GOT A BUCKET LOAD OF ASSIST AND SCORED A FEW BIG GOALS ASWELL BOTH RELATIVELY YOUNG ASWELL, VANGER LOVE IS AVALIABLE FOR SECOND SEASON 6MILL COMP AS GET HIM WHEN CONTRACT EXPIRING WORTH LOOKING AT AS PLAYED 11 SCORED 15 GOALS!!!! HAVE HIM RUNNING OF BERBA WITH BERBA HOLDING THE BALL UP, IF LOOKING ENGLISH MICHAEL OWEN FOR 10MIL GUARENTEED GOALS AND WITH PLENTY OF STRENGTHS TRAINING BECOMES LESS INJURY PRONE,

HAD HIM FOR A SEASON OR SO NOW AND ONLY INJURED TWICE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS

GOOD LUCK

Originally posted by bolser69:

HATEM BEN AFRI FROM LLYON HAS BEEN A TREAT FOR ME, MY FIRST SIGNING ASWELL AS TOULALAN AGAIN FROM LLYON, TOULALAN GOT PLAYR OF THE YEAR AND HAD AV RATING AT 8.01 BEN AFRI GOT A BUCKET LOAD OF ASSIST AND SCORED A FEW BIG GOALS ASWELL BOTH RELATIVELY YOUNG ASWELL, VANGER LOVE IS AVALIABLE FOR SECOND SEASON 6MILL COMP AS GET HIM WHEN CONTRACT EXPIRING WORTH LOOKING AT AS PLAYED 11 SCORED 15 GOALS!!!! HAVE HIM RUNNING OF BERBA WITH BERBA HOLDING THE BALL UP, IF LOOKING ENGLISH MICHAEL OWEN FOR 10MIL GUARENTEED GOALS AND WITH PLENTY OF STRENGTHS TRAINING BECOMES LESS INJURY PRONE,

HAD HIM FOR A SEASON OR SO NOW AND ONLY INJURED TWICE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS

GOOD LUCK

Calm Down, Don't post in CAPS LOCK you'll get warned as it's against the rules.

Hi guys, I'm a desperate Spurs manager and devoted fan in need of some help. I've tried all different formations, tactics, training methods, personel, staff.....but it always has the same outcome....sacked before April!!

All I want is to stay in a job long enough to do something. I read your posts about how great you're all doing, so I need advice. I've just started a new game. Bought Samba for a Million and Ignashawhatsisface for free. I've loaned Capel. Can anyone help with other purchases before the first season starts and what tactics I should employ. Cheers.

Should state I'm using the 8.01 patch too. Im looking at buying Mattias Fernandez and Jean Makoun II, but they're respective clubs want £10 mill apeice. Ive sold Defoe to Pompey for £10 so I have enough cash. Should I offload anyone else?

Look at my previous post and my reserve team, try ang get rid of as many spurs players as u can out of that lot, not the new recruits ive got ie: Ghaley,Stalteri etc..

Fernandez is a good purchase, Defence looks good aswell, ive got those 2 in my squad, can never decide who to play with king when hes fit again.

Keep an eye on Lennon, had the ars. after him in Oct. he got unsettled so sold him to inter for £25 million, got giles barnes at derby to replce him and no regrets so keep an eye on him.

Also at start of the game dont ell the board you will win the league, tell them you will get them into europe, less pressure then.

Also, try a formation with 1 up front, quite a few around and they are the most effective.

I have bought loads of players so far but only 4-5 are in my 1st team as its strong enough as it is once the injured players are back, ive mostly bought players to play in reserves for a season or two.

Also if u go the cash, buy some brazilians, ie Breno, Ratinho, Lucinho etc you wont be able to play them straight away so the sooner u get them and get them out to your belgium feeder club then the better.

I bought them in the 1st season while they were cheap so i can get the work permits ASAP.

Maybe look for a decent backup goalie, after yoour 2nd season go get one of the top ones like Usturi, Akineev ??

Originally posted by Michael Foster:

im in 2013 with Spurs & need a full new back 4, ill play till June and let you know how much ive got if people can give me ideas on who might be interested.

What's happened to Bale?

Usual names, if you can get hold of any of these Richards, Garay, Ramos, Kompany, Corluka, Onuoha, Criscito, Rafinha, Veloso & Marcelo.

One player worth a shout on a budget may be Kargbo, he can be a liability but also a match winner & can play in any defensive position.

The rest of my staff tell me to get rid but he consistently performs at the level of other regular players to be fair & he's great cover on the bench.

What sort of defence are you planning?

Attacking fullbacks, high def line?

figured I'd bring this thread back from the dead

I'm just starting my 5th season(Berby icon_wink.gif) after doing the EPL and CL double nearly did the treble again but Villa beat me in the CC Final icon_mad.gif

So far 4 seasons completed and I've won

2 Uefa Cups

3 EPL Titles

1 FA Cup

1 Carling Cup

2 Community Shields

4 Euro Super Cups

1 Club World Championship

icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_wink.gif not to shabby eh

I'm also managing Brazil now too as I had put it down as my second nationality so I could hopefully get the job when it became available and I did. I guided them to the Copa America final against none other than the Argies I was winning 1-0 all game then they equalized with 20 minutes to go against the run of play. Then with 2 and a half minutes left I won a peno and Fred stepped up to take I just knew he was going to miss and he did but that's not even the bad part Ustari saves it and the rebound falls to their LB who passes it to Leto who breaks down the LW and crosses it to Maxi Rodriqeuz at the far post and he heads in the winning goal in the 89th minute. I tried to go all out attack but it was to little to late and I lost in the final 2-1 I was icon_mad.gif talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I did well enough not to get fired though so I'm preparing for the 2014 WC. icon_biggrin.gif

Back to Tottenham were I just activated Gio dos Santos 39mil release clause at Barca and I also bought Akinfeev from Leverkusen for 31.5mil worth every penny imo he's played 5 and got 5 clean sheets icon14.gif

I sold Assulin to the barcodes for 14mil and signed Yaya Toure and Gilardino on frees then turned around and sold them both to Valencia for 12.5mil and 11.25mil respectively good bit of business there

I've got the stadium up to 47k and my training and youth academy are being upgraded to the maximum level at present so everything is going according to plan now I just need to save up abunch of money which tends to burn a whole in my pocket here's my current squad

1st Team

GK - Akinfeev, Wiese, Murray

DF - King, Richards, Luiz, Garay, Diogo, Rafinha, Bale, Drenthe

MF - Lucas, Makoun, Johnson, Dos Santos, Modric, Farfan, Messi, Fernandez

FW - Fred, Aguero, Saivet, Stancu

Getting bored I might start a LLM game soon BSN or BSS. I have to win World Cup 2014 first though icon_biggrin.gif

Am back icon_smile.gif

Am in the 2015/16 season and basically have the same first team as back in season 2/3. Am hoping to get a couple of players to 1,000 games for Spurs in all competitions and at least one of the English guys to 200 caps.

Just started season two

GK: Robinson, Wiese

RB: Diogo

CB: Coloccini (also RB), King, Kaboul, Maduro

LB: Bale, Ekotto, Lee

RM: Lennon, Routledge

LM: Malbranque, Diego Capel

CM: Huddlestone, Zokora, Jenas, Boateng

ST: Keane, Defoe, Berbatov, Bent

Reckon I need a quality CM/DM - ideas?

Right chaps, I'm finally getting the hang of things. I completed my first ever full season without getting sacked. Although, I didnt win any silverware and still finished fifth behind the so called big four. Just like Martin Jol you say...however Season 2 saw things perk up even more. Despite being in the top 4 all season and remaining in the Uefa and FA cup the board were touting replacements for me as my contract was coming to an end. I requested a new contract in April and they said it wasnt the right time. Knowing that only silverware would save me I was gutted to lose the first leg on my semi-final with Ajax 2-0. Thinking the dream was over I beat the dutch masters at the lane 2-0 to take it into x-tra time where the lads pulled through with another 2 goals, 4-0 aet. Aston Villa were my opponents for the final. Having a good record against them I was confident, but the Villains took the lead. But we responded well and lifted the trophy after a 2-1 win. Hoddle was surprised by all accounts, saying I'd achieved the unthinkable...cheeky git. Anyhow, I requested a new contract and the board duly delivered, and after some haggling I got a 5 year contract on 43,000 grand a week which I was happy with. With this in mind we beat Everton in the FA cup final and sent more surprise Hoddles way. With 2 trophies in the bag and finishing 4th the board were eventually satisfied. To make my season complete I got Arsenal back with a beauty, snapping up Theo Walcott on a free, hehehe!!

Season 3 started with a defeat to Chelsea in the Community Shield, and an away defeat to Arsenal on the opening day. However we havent lost since and are now mid-way through October with the European Super Cup to my name after defeating Real Madrid. Things are now looking up with a 3-0 drubbing of Man Utd, think we can challenge for the title now. Come on you Spurs!!

Current Team

Robinson, Barragan (just bought in summer to replace Onuoha who moved to Everton for 8.75 after Levy went over my head, bitch!) Bale, Breno, Richards, Makoun, Renato Augusto, Sergio Mota, Fernandez, Walcott, Fred.

Squad

McGovern, Ignashevich, Samba, King, Assou-Ekotte, Banega, Barnes, Wijnuldum, Torje, Lulinha, Briand, Stancu

Well I've just started my 3rd season with Spurs. I finished 4th in my first season, qualifying for the Champions league. I reached the FA Cup quarterfinal, and the 4th round in the league cup. I got knocked out of both competitions by Man United. I also did not do particularly well in the Euro Cup, getting eliminated in the 2nd knockout round.

Second season went very well for me, as I finished in 2nd place, 3 points behind Man United. However, I did terrible in all knockout competitions. I finished 3rd in my champions league group, behind Barca and PSV. I got knocked out of the 4th round in the FA Cup by Liverpool, and the 3rd round of the Carling Cup by Chelsea. One positive was the signing of Nicolas Anelka (this was before he signed for Chelsea, otherwise I would have wanted nothing to do with him), who was unbelievable for me.

So far the 3rd season has looked good, but it's still early. I hope to do better in cup competitions, though it would help if I stopped being drawn against one of the big 4 in the first couple rounds. I feel like I have a chance to advance in the champions league, though it still won't be easy with the group featuring Stuttgart and Olympique Lyonnaise, who won the whole thing last year.

Here are some screenshots from my transfers, current squad, and how well Anelka did for me last season:

Season 1 transfers

2005302146525700270_th.jpg

Season 2 transfers

2005330203425729798_th.jpg

Season 3 transfers

2005366680113229372_th.jpg

Current squad

2005304574360751080_th.jpg

Anelka

2005300162359248824_th.jpg

Just started a new spurs game and currently 3 games into the season.

My transfers in sofar are;

quarsema

ben arfa

saivet

makoun

starting line up

robinson

chimbonda

woodgate

king

bale

huddlestone

makoun

ben arfa

keane

quarsema

berbatov

i play croats formation of 4-2-3-1

we lpayed arsenal away 1st game of the season and drew 2-2. We went 2-0 down so done amazing to get back into it.

Then we hammered west ham 4-1 and after that weve just drew 0-0 away to blackburn, we should have lost really.

Hoping to sign fernandez sometime from villareal, id like a new gk,rb,dfm. Just dont have much funds left thats all after spending 35mil only have 5 left. Had to sell malbranque and zokora to sign the players i have.

Tottenham update

just moved to top spot after 4 wins and 2 draws in the league sofar, things are going really well. Told the board i was expecting to qualify for a continental comp through the league which i think we will definatly do, not thinking about winning the league at the minute its to early.

Saivet has been coming off the bench and playing really well, il carry on blending him into games and hopefully he'l become amazing.

Sad this has dropped so low - great win today.

Anyone playing the FMFormation update? Have just downloaded and aim to spend some quality time with the game over the next week or two. Am about to change jobs, and have a week in between, so...

Any tips and hints for players? Have been waiting for the update as Spurs did so well out of the transfer window icon_biggrin.gif

Spurs:

(all stats in all competitions - taken from Best Eleven)

Akinfeev has played 589 Spurs games and even scored once.

Van Der Vaart has scored 104 goals from Midfield.

Azeryk (me) has scored 490 career goals and is only 25.

England:

Terry is on 170 caps (aged 35), Lampard has 159 and 30 goals (aged 38), Gerrard has 159 and 33 goals (aged 36, Rooney has 150 caps and 107 goals (aged 31).

Azeryk has 132 caps and 141 goals and is aged just 25.75 years.

Im in my first season with totenham and im 4th at the moment. This is my squad

Robinson

Stalteri King Lescott Bale

Malbronque Jenas D.Boateng M.Fernandez or

O'hara

Berbatov Defoe

Transfers In : Out:

M Fernandez Lennon

Lescott Chimbonda

Derek Boateng Ghaly

Gardner

Anyone no where i can improve ??

I have got 6 million left an am thinking of getting a new rightback I am thinking of getting Micah Richards or Rafinha from schalk who dyou think will be better ??

Originally posted by deanotrfc:

Im in my first season with totenham and im 4th at the moment. This is my squad

Robinson

Stalteri King Lescott Bale

Malbronque Jenas D.Boateng M.Fernandez or

O'hara

Berbatov Defoe

Transfers In : Out:

M Fernandez Lennon

Lescott Chimbonda

Derek Boateng Ghaly

Gardner

Anyone no where i can improve ??

I have got 6 million left an am thinking of getting a new rightback I am thinking of getting Micah Richards or Rafinha from schalk who dyou think will be better ??

Robbo, King, Lescott, Bale, Fernandez, Berbatov and Defoe are all quality but you definately need a new RB and basically a new midfield. You also need more money so save your 6mil til the summer and try to get a CL spot. Goodluck icon14.gif

Archived