JonnyGabriel

acquafresca2.jpg

Robert Acquafresca

Born: Turin, Italy

Date of Birth: September 11, 1987

Nationality: Italian

Second Nationality: Polish

Position: Striker

An Italian under 21 international striker, one of the reasons Diego Milito is at Inter Milan and a goal machine on Football Manager.

Starts the game at Genoa but on loan to Atalanta, on my game was transfer listed on his return to Geona and I picked him up for a bargain £3.1m and he was worth every penny.

Here he is on the default 10.0.0 patch after one season with me at Celtic, he was briefly tutored by Danko Lazovic and has been on Tugs Training.

acquafresca.jpg

I've used him as an Advanced Forward, he is always happy to tutor younger players and, as you can see above, managed to transfer his domestic form into the Champions League with just over a goal every other game.

In January of the first season I was turning £9m bids down from Manchester United and Inter Milan. He seems to have a professional attitude because he wasn't bothered that I turned those bids down. So even if he doesn't get into your team he could be a worthwhile investment.

Better than Milevskyi and Dzeko? That's a ridiculous statement tbpfhwy, Dzeko and Milevskyi are amongst the top ten strikers in the game, at least the top 20. Acquafresca is good, but he's not world class.

I have heard others say Acquafresca is better than Dzeko as well. It's probably not likely, but I'm sure it can be done on the right team, with the right training, and the right tactics.

Actually I’ve been surprised that there hasn’t been a thread on him before this. I’ve not played with him myself (though I did buy him in my last save at Arsenal, but chose not to continue in the 2nd season when he arrived), though I do recall someone over on the Arsenal thread having great success with him. If you look at his stats he is very balanced and seems to have potential to become a very capable all-round striker. When you consider his price he definitely has an advantage over Dzeko, and I think given Milevskyi is one footed, then I can see how this guy might turn out to be as good or better than him (particularly if set up in the right way)

well of course he isnt better then the likes of dzeko ... but then of course.. you can get amazing performances from average players anyway...

in my experience.. ive got more out of carlton cole , beattie and fonseca then i ever have with the likes of dzeko and milevskyi ... doesnt mean they are better though imo

He has been world class for me in my Genoa game. Agree with a previous post that he is vastly overrated. Happens in every FM game. Seems to be a chronic problem of overrating Italian U21s. It seems to me that Italia has the best players year after year in FM.

Acquafresca was IRL compared to Vieri in terms of movement and finishing. Still haven't showed that he's a worthy heir, but he didn't play at a top club either, so there's still a long way.

I never got him on FM10, but he is almost in all of my saves, a succesful player with many goals in his tally.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived