FM08: This Is The El Madrigal - The Villarreal CF Thread

jonahno6

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently on a 11 match winning streak. :) But can't get Barcelona off the top. :(. And I can get Quaresma for £4m, he is transfer listed by request, I don't really need him, but I shall be able to sell him on for more tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

lol....

I sold Nihat and signed Veloso, Torje, Aquino and Sakho. There is not a lot of depth on the team, but Fernandez and Rossi have carried me to a 2-0 start, including a 6-0 thrashing of Racing in game 2. Fernandez had a hat trick and an assist, Rossi had a brace and two assists.

Selling Nihat might have been a huge mistake. Rossi has not been playing well and I'm currently 11th in La Liga with just 9 points from 7 games. My defense has been pathetic. I had to move Veloso to CB when I'd rather have him anchoring the midfield. Some serious review is coming for my tactical approach.

My defense is terrible. I will have around 9m to spend in January 08 window, I need a LB, a CB and maybe an RB. Probably need a good cheap striker as well.

Please advise.

Oh, I think I need a new GK, too. Lopez and Viera don't seem to cut it.

Thats not a lot of money to spend!!

Santon for rb is obvious. Mathieu for lb. Loan in Materazzi for cb.

GK : don't have a clue for a starter for that money.

I ended the first season in 5th, nearly made the CL. Lost on head to head results with Atletico.

I sold Mati Fernendez and Rossi wanted to go to Arsenal and I sold a bunch of other players.

I was able to sign Lloris, Aguero, Vidal and loaned Justin Hoyte from Arsenal for the second season. I had also purchased Arshavin in the January window last season.

HoPey, I may try to get Bellaid in the January window since I have to play Veloso at CB right now and I'd rather have him in the midfield.

I don't really like playing in Spain due to their weird roster rules. It's annoying that I can't just send people to reserves to get match fitness without registering them. It's much less work in Italy and England.

I ended the first season in 5th, nearly made the CL. Lost on head to head results with Atletico.

I sold Mati Fernendez and Rossi wanted to go to Arsenal and I sold a bunch of other players.

I was able to sign Lloris, Aguero, Vidal and loaned Justin Hoyte from Arsenal for the second season. I had also purchased Arshavin in the January window last season.

HoPey, I may try to get Bellaid in the January window since I have to play Veloso at CB right now and I'd rather have him in the midfield.

I don't really like playing in Spain due to their weird roster rules. It's annoying that I can't just send people to reserves to get match fitness without registering them. It's much less work in Italy and England.

Okay, some good signings there. :thup:

Archived