FM08: This Is The El Madrigal - The Villarreal CF Thread

jonahno6

Didnt know the lad was worth that much , as i nthe start of the game he is worth 350k. .Oh well.

Yes he is...............I transfer listed him and offered him out for £5million, and teams such as Newcastle and West Ham came in with offers of £3milliom+.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by heavybass:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavybass:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisz:

Oh Nice to see you around here Heavybass, used to see you around the Liverpool thread previously, welcome !! haha

Yea the unmentionables thread has some pretty good players that are totally unheard of but let their skills d othe talking

I still hang around but I'm thinking of a second team sides I'm gonna do this by FM Weegie update and the max I can do is 7 mil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our 2nd team after Liverpool?haha, more of a Barca fan but thought taking Villarreal was a nicer challenge plus, i like their playing style.

hmm, perhaps i shall use a weegie update in my next game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm using the current Weegie Update and I've spotted a few good deals which I'm happy about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also IRL Villarreal finished above Barcelona in the league so this has intrigued me.

Just beaten Sevilla 4-0 in the Spanish Cup final, after a stunning hat-trick from Rossi and a screamer from Raul Meireles.

First piece of silverwere for the club. Let's hope theres many more to come.

Some more breaking news..

Pablo has agreed to sign for us at the end of the season after his contract expires, from At.Madrid. He'll be on a 4 year contract on 28k per week. Can't wait to have him in the squad.

End of Season One

A solid first season in charge, enjoying my time here. We achieved my aim in the league and did the unexpected in the Spanish Cup.

Competitions

In the league we finished in fourth place with 74pts (22 Wins/8 Draws/8 Lost), just one point behind Real Madrid and 7 behind second placed Valencia. Barcelona were out of this world, finishing with a stunning 107pts, only drawing two and losing once. We scored 81 goals, second to only Barca. Our defence did poorly until Gonzalo Rodriguez came back and M.Chretien was signed, things improved then but we have work to do for next year.

As posted above, we won the Spanish Cup, beating Sevilla 4-0. The highlight was knocking out Barcelona in the Semi-Finals, 4-1 on agg. We scraped through against Betis in the Quater's though and were lucky to go through.

The Euro Cup was dissapointing. We failed to score in 180 mins against a stubborn Everton side, who scored against the run of play in the first leg, to go through 1-0 over two legs. We went out in the First Knockout Round, feeling very hard done by. Bring on the Champions League!

Squad

squadvs8.th.jpg

Future Plans

The transfers of Pablo and Ayathami have already been arranged with their contracts expiring. Luis Jimenez is also coming in for £2.8m after his loan spell with Inter. The only noteble departure so far is Edmilson, who's contract wasn't renewed. He'll join Salamanca.

Cesar Arzo and Rio Mavuba had great seasons on loan and will come into the first team squad next year. Nihat may depart depending on what I can get for him.

Im also looking at signing a new GK, LB, CM and possibly a Winger.

Any comments welcome as always. I've got in mind who i'll sign so no need for recomendations. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Scott08:

End of Season One

A solid first season in charge, enjoying my time here. We achieved my aim in the league and did the unexpected in the Spanish Cup.

Competitions

In the league we finished in fourth place with 74pts (22 Wins/8 Draws/8 Lost), just one point behind Real Madrid and 7 behind second placed Valencia. Barcelona were out of this world, finishing with a stunning 107pts, only drawing two and losing once. We scored 81 goals, second to only Barca. Our defence did poorly until Gonzalo Rodriguez came back and M.Chretien was signed, things improved then but we have work to do for next year.

As posted above, we won the Spanish Cup, beating Sevilla 4-0. The highlight was knocking out Barcelona in the Semi-Finals, 4-1 on agg. We scraped through against Betis in the Quater's though and were lucky to go through.

The Euro Cup was dissapointing. We failed to score in 180 mins against a stubborn Everton side, who scored against the run of play in the first leg, to go through 1-0 over two legs. We went out in the First Knockout Round, feeling very hard done by. Bring on the Champions League!

Squad

squadvs8.th.jpg

Future Plans

The transfers of Pablo and Ayathami have already been arranged with their contracts expiring. Luis Jimenez is also coming in for £2.8m after his loan spell with Inter. The only noteble departure so far is Edmilson, who's contract wasn't renewed. He'll join Salamanca.

Cesar Arzo and Rio Mavuba had great seasons on loan and will come into the first team squad next year. Nihat may depart depending on what I can get for him.

Im also looking at signing a new GK, LB, CM and possibly a Winger.

Any comments welcome as always. I've got in mind who i'll sign so no need for recomendations. icon_smile.gif

Thats a pretty good season i feel,as Barca being out of this world is real hard to beat!

Yea i agree, in the first half of the season , so far,15 games, my defence hasnt been as solid as i want it to be.Cgyan just isnt pacey enough, though he is dominant in the air.

How did Aquino do for u first season?

Scott08

Good first season there, actually I would say great as you won some silverware in such fine style. And you also qualified for the Champions League aswell, though if like me you had updated competitions aswell as transfers then you would have been in it in your first season! icon_wink.gif

Good players that you are bringing in, and an almighty coup in getting Pablo to join as on my game he usually goes to a Barcelona or Milan, or some other big club. And good to see you are going to keep Rio Mavuba and Cesar Arzo, both good players in my opinion.

I would advise against selling Nihat unless you can get around £20million for him as he has been sensational in my game so far.

Nice update! icon_smile.gif

Cheers for the replies guys.

Chrisz Aquino did pretty well, he's young so just came on/played the easier games. I think he's going to be a real star. Will look to play him more this season.

Tomtuck Yeh i got lucky with Pablo, was delighted to get him. As for Nihat, with a change of formation this year i will try and hang on to him. However, he announced that he'd like to join a bigger club so we'll have to see.

Some news.. Real offered £39m for Carzola. The board accepted but he was awesome last year and is a Spanish first eleven player now. I offered him a new bumper contract and he decided to stay put icon_smile.gif

Guilherme has come in for £5.5m from Almeria and Olazabal from Barcelona for £2.8m.

Another great bit of business was a straight swap deal with Deportivo. Angel for Barragan, Barragan is young and i think he could make the Spanish RB position his own. He'll be back up for Chretien this year.

Need some adivce..

Just negotiated a £39m offer for Rossi with Milan. Half upfront and half over 24 months.

Can't decide what to do, i feel he would be hard to replace. But the money would be nice, Opinions would be appreciated.

Originally posted by real_betis:

Just had a £9m bid from Tottenham for Cani? Should I accept and buy Xabi Prieto for £5m?

Yes I would accept that for him. I got £8million for him and thought that was good business.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by real_betis:

Just had a £9m bid from Tottenham for Cani? Should I accept and buy Xabi Prieto for £5m?

Yes I would accept that for him. I got £8million for him and thought that was good business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats exactly the same offer i got in the first season.

I negotiated it to £15 over 24 months and they came back with the full amount. So i'd hold out for a little more.

Tomtuck

Would have been the sensible option but he was the 'pick of the players' in my best eleven this season. He was fantastic and I feel my strong is heading in the right direction.

Plus, i like to try and keep the original squad as intact as possible icon_smile.gif

Right.. just starting my first pre-season friendly.

At the moment my team is as follows..

GK Diego Lopez/O.Olazabal --> My weakest area of the team at the moment, don't want to spend on a big name with Olazabal coming through though. No sure what to do.

DR M.Chretien/A.Barragan

DL J.Capdevilla/Guilherme

DC Gonazlo Rodriguez/Cesar Arzo

DC Pablo/Felipe

MC M.Senna/R.Mavuba

MC Raul Miereles/Adrien

AMR S.Carzola/Aquino

AMC M.Fernandez/L.Jimenez

AML Nihat/Aquino

ST Rossi/Liedson

What do you think? Im not expecting to win the league but break into the top 3 and qualify out of the group stages of the CL. Just looking to progress each year, financially we need improving. Stadium needs expansion and facilities improved. Staff are slowly getting to my required standards though.

Scott08

Accept that for Cazorla. Like you said before he was great for you in your first season, but that is too good to turn down.

Good squad there. Though Liedson isn't the youngest and you may need to find another out and out striker pretty soon. Also Id look for another keeper, Lopez is good but not great, and Olazabal I dont like much!

I rejected it.. might regret it but i couldn't have him join one of my top rivals. There wasn't anyone else of the same standard available.

As for Liedson, he is getting on at 30.. but his stats are still fantastic and he's perfect back-up for Rossi.

Agreed on the GK issue but again, there's not anyone easily available. All the top GKs will be £15m +.. Olazabal already looks great so we'll have to have disagreeing opinions there icon_smile.gif

Just had my best result at the club so far...

resultxq0.th.jpg

Second trophy in our cabinet icon_biggrin.gif

allanshearer

If you have not got an updated database then I would advise that you go for Hugo Lloris. Another good option is Frenchman Remy Riou.

I dont think that a new RB is needed. You already have 3 right backs, none of which is particuarly poor. Personally I think it's one of the squads healthiest positions.

John Mensah who plays in France would be a good choice at CB, but may cost as much as £7million.

Alanshearer.. Liedson does a good job upfront if your not worried by age. Costs around £6m.

Frazza Pee.. you could do with strengthening the defence. As for tactic, i think most people use different ones. I used a 4-4-2 first season and now im using a 4-2-3-1 (4-1-2-2-1).

Originally posted by hendoc:

Thinking of signing Santi Cazorla in my third season with Atletico. Can anyone describe their experiences with him?

Fantastic player.

In my first season in charge here, he came second in the European MF of the year award.. with Ronaldinho winning it.

He finished the pick of my players in the overall best eleven and is now a certain starter for Spain at MR/AMR.

Turned down a bid of £44.5m from Real Madrid in the summer.

Definatly a good buy icon14.gif

Start of Season 2

Having just clinched our second trophy of my time in charge, with a stunning 4-0 win at the Nou Camp, to win the Spanish Super Cup.. Matias Fernandez scoring a hat-trick just 4 days after signing a new contract with the club. We're looking good ahead of the new season with a new 4-2-3-1 / 4-1-2-2-1 formation being used.

INs

Guilherme (Almeria, £5.5m)

O.Olazabal (Barcelona, £2.8m)

L.Jimenez (Terena, £2.8m)

E.Corradini (Piacenze, £85k)

Pablo (At.Madrid, Free)

Ayathami (Free)

A.Barragan (Exchange)

Cesar Arzo, R.Mavuba (Loan Returns)

S.Kalou (Chelsea, Season Long-Loan on £0k p/w)

Total = £11.25m

OUTs

S.Veiera (Catania, £3.1m)

Angel (Exchange)

Edmilson (Mallorca, Free)

F.Fuentes (Valladolid, £3.5m)

L.Somoza (Udinese, £2.5m)

D.Godin (Udinese, £4m)

J.Llorente (R.Sociedad, £5m)

Total = £18m

Squad

GK Diego Lopez/O.Olazabal

DR M.Chretien/A.Barragan

DL J/Capdevilla/Guilherme

DC Pablo/Cesar Arzo

DC Gonzalo Rodriguez/Felipe

MC Senna/R.Mavuba

MC Raul Meireles/Adrian

AM M.Fernandez/L.Jimenez

AM S.Carzola/Aquino

AM Nihat/S.Kalou

ST Rossi/Liedson

Other Info..

We beat Sparta Prague to qualify for the Champions league group stages and have been drawn alongside AC Milan, Zenit Peterburg and Galatasary, in a tricky looking group.

Scott08

Thats quite alot of transfers there, but you have made some very astute signings without spending much money, well done on that.

Though I feel I must question some of your sales. Diego Godin has been quality for me and is only young. Perhaps loaning him out would have been better? And why did you sell Llorente after he'd had such a fantastic first season with you??

Besides those queries I think your dealings have been pretty good and you have assembled a good solid squad there, though probably not quite ready to challenge for the title yet.

Good luck in the Champions League, though you have some tricky away games to come.

For Godin.. I have Cesar Arzo, Pablo, Felipe, Gonzalo Rodriguez for CB. Then Sakho and Ayathami out on loan. Really no use for him.

As for Llorente, he is getting on and with the switch of tactic he would have had limited opportunities. Cashed in while i could get decent money. Theres a clause attached for 30 league apps (1.5m) and league goals (1m) iirc.

Pablo is doing great, not very far in to my season yet

• 2 weeks later...

Been some time since i last checked in..been away..

Anyways, mid way thru the season and got diarra for 7,5 mil.hmm, hopefully he will prove a gd buy as Zapater didnt wana come..

Top of the league but just slightly, with a 4 pts cushion with madrid breathing down my neck... not sure if i can achieve the title

Hmm, made a cheeky bid for Saviola for 5 mil..shld i go ahead wit hit has they have accepted haha...

have Stancu or rossi playing up front as i play with one striker while nihat does a great job as an AMC

juz finished the 2nd transfer winddow..damn

Originally posted by i Love United:

How do i get villarreal playing brazil style football? (one touch quick passing etc) Would this work with them?

Need a quick answer please!

Try short passing and high tempo but it will take some time for the players to get accustomed to it

Woa must have been some time since anybody has been in this threa again...i think i see cobwebs...

Guess everyone is too busy trying to make VIllarreal a force in La Liga.

A general update to the Villarreal thread ppl whom i trust will be back soon,(crosses fingers)

Finished my 1st season and proud to say, won La liga , but just by the skin of it.

Lost my last 2 games to Athletic and Barca and Real Madrid just needed a win to oust me by a single point. I couldnt believe it, i juz needed a draw against Barca ,was leading 2-1 and sudddenly, my team, after a long and hard season, just collapsed. we lsot 4-2..

I was like..damn, after leading for 3/4 of a season, am going to lose the title, but lo and behold, with Real leading , they conced and drew!! haha so Mighty Villarreal, the yellow Submarines clinch their 1st ever La liga by goal difference!!Lost i in the semis of the UEFA cup and also in the KIngs cup.

Start of the 2nd season now and just got Lobont for 9 mil... i know its crazy but i couldnt get Neueur for even 15mil and Mandana and Lloris were priced out...i felt my 1st choice Grohe was not good enough and sold Lopez too.

Will keep the updates in when i hear from you all again

Dont worry Chrisz Ive gone back to my Villarreal game today.

Not had much time over the past couple of weeks due to real life stuff intruding with my FM time. But Im back on it now so will be updating when my current season comes to a close. (Currently at the start of March!)

Archived