Dc Edmilson

Dc Rodriguez

Mr Cani

ML Cazorla

Mc Fernandez

Mc Bruno

Fc Rossi

Fc Nihat

I personally think left side of mid is weak , Just wondering if Fernandez is ok in that position ?

i'll keep posting

Good to see some lads here again!

Yea looks a good base to start a team with ur transfers there Scott08. what tactic are u using at the moment?

In

Per Skj(sp) Norwegian lad(1.2Mil)

Stancu(1.2mil)

Samba(1.3mil)

Piatti(220k)

Pander(3.2mil)

Sakho(400 k or the compensation ,cant remember)

Sankhere(300-400 k, cant rememebr)

outs

Capdevilla(8mil)

Fabricio Fuentes (2mil)

Tomasson (1.4mil)

Josico(660k)

AM wondering who is the better keeper,Viera or Lopez., i feel the later or shld i buy a new keeper?

Thinking of selling cani too, for 7 mil to man city so am not too sure honestly... plus i think the yellows need a better right back, but cant seem to get josemi out tho..sad.. was looking at ferrari but am still pondering about that...

Got rid of eugren as felt he wasnt good enough.

1st match up, Real Madrid..great../ what a way to start the season!

Originally posted by ronaldo_1978:

massive squad , not sure if this is the best first team but this what ive chose

Gk Viera

Dr Angel

DL Capdevilla

Dc Edmilson

Dc Rodriguez

Mr Cani

ML Cazorla

Mc Fernandez

Mc Bruno

Fc Rossi

Fc Nihat

I personally think left side of mid is weak , Just wondering if Fernandez is ok in that position ?

i'll keep posting

Always felt Fernandez is better as an AMC

Hmm, was also wonderiong who is better as a main striker tho, Nihat or Rossi

Chrisz

I play a 4-2-3-1 formattion. A lone striker with an AMC behind him. Then an AML and AMR with F-Arrows to the ST position.

I tend to play a short passing game, fairly high tempo and through the middle. Although i do tweak depending on opposition.

As for GK, Viera has started as my No.1 and is doing well. Also tried to offload Josemi with no luck, Angel does ok there. Wouldn't advise selling Cani for that little, im sure you can get more for him.

-------------------------------------

Glad to see a few here now, will enjoy reading your updates Tomtuck im sure icon_smile.gif

Will be on later today.

After playing through a bit, i've made a few mistakes and i've got to know the team/club a bit more now so i think im going to restart and make a fresh save here.

Could be a good long-term game i think. Which is what im after.

Right.. Decided to restart and i'm preparing for the long-term. Won't be signing the usual players on this save. I updated the Database with the players listed above. I'll be playing as Portugese manager, Eusebio Da Silva, you'll notice some of my transfers reflect the nationality.

Start of First Season

We've had a fairly busy summer and i've looked to offload some of the older players, replacing them with some younger people.

INs

Raul Meireles (Porto, £3.2m) --> Looks a good CM, became unhappy after Porto signed Makoun.

Liedson (Sporting, £1.9m Upfront and £2.1m over 24 Months) --> The perfect partner for Rossi upfront, Pacey and a great finisher. Age is his downside.

Adrien (Sporting, £1.9m) --> Going to be a future star for us, solid CM already. Will provide cover this year.

Escudero, Sakho, Sankhare, Aquino, Mihelic and Marin (Combined £1.4m, all are fantastic prospects) --> Sakho and possibly Aquino will feature at times this year. Looking to the future.

Total = £10.5m

OUTs

R.Pires (Getafe, £750K)

J.Venta (Sunderland, £500K)

J.Tomasson (Spurs, £350k)

S.Eguren (Stade Rennais, £1.8m)

G.Franco (Recreativo, £550k)

Bruno (Valladolid, £2.1m)

D.Escudero (Mallorca, Loan)

Total = £5.25m (Prices don't include clauses)

My Team

I'll be playing a 4-4-2, with a more defensive 4-5-1 for the tricky games.

GK Viera

DR Angel

DL Capdevilla

DC Fuentes

DC Edmilson

MR Nihat

ML Fernandez

MC Senna

MC Raul Meireles

ST Rossi

ST Liedson

Originally posted by Scott08:

Right.. Decided to restart and i'm preparing for the long-term. Won't be signing the usual players on this save. I updated the Database with the players listed above. I'll be playing as Portugese manager, Eusebio Da Silva, you'll notice some of my transfers reflect the nationality.

Start of First Season

We've had a fairly busy summer and i've looked to offload some of the older players, replacing them with some younger people.

INs

Raul Meireles (Porto, £3.2m) --> Looks a good CM, became unhappy after Porto signed Makoun.

Liedson (Sporting, £1.9m Upfront and £2.1m over 24 Months) --> The perfect partner for Rossi upfront, Pacey and a great finisher. Age is his downside.

Adrien (Sporting, £1.9m) --> Going to be a future star for us, solid CM already. Will provide cover this year.

Escudero, Sakho, Sankhare, Aquino, Mihelic and Marin (Combined £1.4m, all are fantastic prospects) --> Sakho and possibly Aquino will feature at times this year. Looking to the future.

Total = £10.5m

OUTs

R.Pires (Getafe, £750K)

J.Venta (Sunderland, £500K)

J.Tomasson (Spurs, £350k)

S.Eguren (Stade Rennais, £1.8m)

G.Franco (Recreativo, £550k)

Bruno (Valladolid, £2.1m)

D.Escudero (Mallorca, Loan)

Total = £5.25m (Prices don't include clauses)

My Team

I'll be playing a 4-4-2, with a more defensive 4-5-1 for the tricky games.

GK Viera

DR Angel

DL Capdevilla

DC Fuentes

DC Edmilson

MR Nihat

ML Fernandez

MC Senna

MC Raul Meireles

ST Rossi

ST Liedson

Looks like some good transfers there.Interesting use of a flat 4-4-2 for playing with villareal as i feel they are suited to a 4-3-3 or therabouts due to the number of players playing AMR/AML

Nihat is best utilised as an FC i feel as his potential to zip pass players and high finishign are phenomenal....

Might i suggest shoring up the defence as poor cygan aint a very pacey striker, perhaps , Fazio will do some good

Cygan is in the process of being sold, Godin is my back-up at the moment, with Sakho also able to play there.

Gonazlo Rodriguez will be back in the future so im not too concerned here. May look at a loanee, still only in August.

In regards to the formation, im looking for a solid base this year.. until i strengthen my defence with world-class players. I've found i struggle at the back using AM's and i'm determined to get 2 ST's working.

Its not ideal using Nihat at RM but Liedson and Rossi are forming a terrific partnership and he has the stats to play there.

Decided to sell, i like to have some money available and it was a good price for him.

Y.Gourcuff will come in on loan from Milan for the season to fill in the gap left. Hopefully Aquino will develop and be ready for the second season.

Decided to sell, i like to have some money available and it was a good price for him.

Y.Gourcuff will come in on loan from Milan for the season to fill in the gap left. Hopefully Aquino will develop and be ready for the second season.

Sry for the late reply.. well, its a good piece of business as Cani for 15mil is one of the better offers u will get for him i feel.

With that money you can buy Defour, a good AMC and MC or Bodmer to replace him. THey are better players too!You might want to sell capdaveilla as i feel there are better players out there, have a look at pander and Kolarov, both good buys i feel.Or u can get Insua onload too

Sadly for me, my FM has run into some probs and have to do a clean unistall and reinstall in.. all my saves gone....really sucks,

Hopefully, the game will run normally again.Only good thing is will be able to start anew with Villarreal. Pity,was 12 games into my last save and was in 3rd place.

After going back to my long-term Lyon game (10th season now) for a while recently, I have now decided to give it a go with my Spanish side, Villarreal. Back on FM07 I had a very fun game with El Submarino Amarillo and hope to do so again now on FM08.

Brief Intro

I am playing under the name Bruno Gama, a former Portuguese international, and will turn 39 in November of my first season. I am playing on the latest patch, but the database has been regularly updated since the end of the season with many of Europes major transfers so far this summer included. Therefore I have Villarreal's latest buys, (with the exception of Robert Flores and Adolfo Bautista who signed just after I started the game), but no Martin Caceres, who has of course moved on to Barcelona. Players with loan deals during the course of the 2007/08 season I have not edited as it would simply be too much messing around. I have also edited European qualifiers so we are in the Champions League, though the qualifying section, not straight into the group stages, aswell adding Recreativo Huelva as a loaning feeder club, as is the case in real life. Not many leagues have been loaded up, just the top 2 divisions in Spain, and Englands Premier League, meaning processing speed will be rapid!!

I have played up until the date of my first Champions League group game, which is the 18th September. The board and fans dont expect much this season, with UEFA Cup qualification the minimum requirement. I am also expected to reach the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey, aswell as "enjoy the Champions League experience". I am however expected to be a title challenger next season. My seaosn expectations were European qualifiaction, so I was given a transfer budget of £6.27million. I resisted the temptation to ask for more funds from the clubs bank balance of £15.5million and stuck with what I was given to bring in new players.

Transfer Activity

I decided to change the squad quite a bit, bringing in 11 players, and selling six. From player sales I raised £23million, and spent just over £14million. I also loaned out a couple of players to feeder club, and La Liga compatriots, Recreativo Huelva. The players brought in were mostly youthful, and a few of which wont play this season unless we suffer an injury crisis.

Players Out;

Cani - £8million - Portsmouth

Sebastián Viera - £5million - Napoli

Jon Dahl Tomasson - £4million - Newcastle

Fabricio Fuentes - £3million - Lille

Sebastián Eguren - £2million - Sochaux

Guillermo Franco - £1.2million - Blackburn

Cani I did not want to sell, but after turning down £6million from Tottenham for him he got in mood and requested a move. Despite all efforts this was all I could manage to get for him.

Sebastián Viera is a very good keeper. His stats are good, but his "eccentricity" stat was too high for my liking. The fee of £5million wasn't bad in my opinion, though could have been better.

Quality finishing and heading ability, but not really quick or strong enough for my liking. That was my assesment of Jon Dahl Tomasson. The £4million fee was quite good I thought.

Fabricio Fuentes looks a very sound defender, but at 30 years old he was simply too old. Again I thought the fee was a good one.

Sebastián Eguren looks a decent player, but not quite good enough for a Champions League side. I was glad to get £2million for him in the end.

Another player getting on in years was Guille Franco. He is a very solid looking striker, but at 30 years old he wouldn't be needed long term.

Players In;

Orlando Engelaar - £4.8million - FC Twente

Alvaro Negredo - £2.8million - Almeria

Kerlon - £2.6million - Cruzeiro

Andre Ayew - £1.1million - Marseille

Younousse Sankhare - £900k - PSG

Aquino - £675k - Murcia

Alex Fernandez - £550k - Huesca

Diego Buonanotte - £500k - River Plate

Mamadou Sakho - £400k - PSG

Gregory Coupet - Free

Harry Kewell - Free

Mario Balotelli - Loan

Orlando Engelaar is versatile. He is either a DM or MLC so will come is handy. The fee was a little over the top, but other clubs were also hunting him.

Alvaro Negredo is another versatile signing. He can play both AMR and ST. He is young and has time to develope into a much better player. He signed a deal as "hot prospect" so doesn't need to be used right away.

Kerlon is another player to sign on as a "hot prospect". He comes highly recommended by my scouts, and my coaches have also been raving about him since his arrival.

Andre Ayew, Younousse Sankhare, Aquino, Diego Buonanotte and Mamadou Sakho have all been brought in for the future, though one or two of them may make the odd appearanace this season.

Alex Fernandez was spotted by my scouts playing in the preliminary rounds of the Copa Del Rey as he scored one and asissted another. He is not fantastic, but at 19 years old he has finishing of 18 and pace of 15, so could come in handy.

Gregory Coupet and Harry Kewell will hopefully prove to be pretty shrewd signings. Both have signed just one year deals.

Mario Balotelli will probably not play much. But hopefully by loaning him in I will have a better chance of securing a permanent deal in the future.

First Team Squad

Golakeepers;

1.Gregory Coupet

13.Diego López

Defenders;

2.Gonzalo Rodriguez

3.Josemi

4.Diego Godin

5.Joan Capdevilla

12.Pascal Cygan

17.Javi Venta

18.Ãngel

23.Edmilson

Midfielders;

6.Josico

7.Robert Pirès

8.Santi Cazorla

10.Harry Kewell

14.Matías Fernández

16.Orlando Engelaar

19.Marcos Senna

21.Bruno

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

11.Ãlvaro Negredo

15.Nihat

22.Giuseppe Rossi

25.Kerlon

Strikers;

9.Joseba Llorente

20.Alex Fernandez

24.Mario Balotelli

Youth Players;

Mamadou Sakho

Younousse Sankhare

Andre Ayew

Aquino

Diego Buonanotte (On loan at Recreativo)

Jozy Altidore (On loan at Recreativo)

I have appointed Marcos Senna as my captain, with Gonzalo Rodriguez as my vice captain.

So far I have been using this 4-1-2-2-1 with these instructions. My 2 wingers and central striker all interchange positions, except if Joseba Llorente is playing, then he is used as target man.

The Season So Far

The league season has started off very well. We have played 3 and won 3, including this opening day victory away at Barcelona. We dont currently sit top of the table as Real Madrid have a better goal difference than us. But so far we have scored 7 goals, conceding 3.

Barcelona (A) 2-1 (Rodriguez; Nihat)

Atletico Mardid (H) 2-1 (Rodriguez; Llorente)

Almeria (A) 3-1 (Llorente; Kerlon; Negredo)

League Table So Far

The first game we came to though was the 3rd qualification round of the Champions League. We faced Rosenborg with the 1st leg away in Norway, and struggled to a 1-1 draw. We fell behind in the first half, and it wasn't until the 65th minute when we equalised through Joseba Llorente. In the second leg we thrashed them 3-0 with Nihat scoring twice and Pires once to send us through to the Champions League group stages. We were seeded second and drawn in the following group;

Chelsea

Villarreal

Celtic

Red Bull Salzburg

I think we should qualify from this group, perhaps not comfortably as we have tough games against Chelsea to come, but still qualification to the 1st knockout round should be achieved.

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to read, and any comments/suggestions are more than welcome.

Originally posted by Chrisz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Sry for the late reply.. well, its a good piece of business as Cani for 15mil is one of the better offers u will get for him i feel.

With that money you can buy Defour, a good AMC and MC or Bodmer to replace him. THey are better players too!You might want to sell capdaveilla as i feel there are better players out there, have a look at pander and Kolarov, both good buys i feel.Or u can get Insua onload too

Sadly for me, my FM has run into some probs and have to do a clean unistall and reinstall in.. all my saves gone....really sucks,

Hopefully, the game will run normally again.Only good thing is will be able to start anew with Villarreal. Pity,was 12 games into my last save and was in 3rd place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Capdevilla is fine for the first season, plays regularly for Spain and has been solid for me so far. Guilherme will be my future replacement here. Hopefully he'll come in next season.

As for in MF, i'm going to save the money and buy Zapater from Zaragoza when he becomes intrested in a move. He's a bargain at £7m.

Having a bit of trouble getting Nihat to peform. He's had a few games upfront and not made his mark. Also using him at RM/AMR and he's not doing it there either. I've made it clear im unhappy with his performances so if they don't improve i may cash-in on him in the summer.

Rossi, Liedson and Llorente are doing fantastic upfront, its difficult deciding which two to play.

I should add that Cazorla is fantastic, first time i've used him in FM. Performs really well and has broken into the Spanish team.

He just won second place in the 'European Midfielder of the Year' award. icon14.gif

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

After going back to my long-term Lyon game (10th season now) for a while recently, I have now decided to give it a go with my Spanish side, Villarreal. Back on FM07 I had a very fun game with El Submarino Amarillo and hope to do so again now on FM08.

Brief Intro

I am playing under the name Bruno Gama, a former Portuguese international, and will turn 39 in November of my first season. I am playing on the latest patch, but the database has been regularly updated since the end of the season with many of Europes major transfers so far this summer included. Therefore I have Villarreal's latest buys, (with the exception of Robert Flores and Adolfo Bautista who signed just after I started the game), but no Martin Caceres, who has of course moved on to Barcelona. Players with loan deals during the course of the 2007/08 season I have not edited as it would simply be too much messing around. I have also edited European qualifiers so we are in the Champions League, though the qualifying section, not straight into the group stages, aswell adding Recreativo Huelva as a loaning feeder club, as is the case in real life. Not many leagues have been loaded up, just the top 2 divisions in Spain, and Englands Premier League, meaning processing speed will be rapid!!

I have played up until the date of my first Champions League group game, which is the 18th September. The board and fans dont expect much this season, with UEFA Cup qualification the minimum requirement. I am also expected to reach the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey, aswell as "enjoy the Champions League experience". I am however expected to be a title challenger next season. My seaosn expectations were European qualifiaction, so I was given a transfer budget of £6.27million. I resisted the temptation to ask for more funds from the clubs bank balance of £15.5million and stuck with what I was given to bring in new players.

Transfer Activity

I decided to change the squad quite a bit, bringing in 11 players, and selling six. From player sales I raised £23million, and spent just over £14million. I also loaned out a couple of players to feeder club, and La Liga compatriots, Recreativo Huelva. The players brought in were mostly youthful, and a few of which wont play this season unless we suffer an injury crisis.

Players Out;

Cani - £8million - Portsmouth

Sebastián Viera - £5million - Napoli

Jon Dahl Tomasson - £4million - Newcastle

Fabricio Fuentes - £3million - Lille

Sebastián Eguren - £2million - Sochaux

Guillermo Franco - £1.2million - Blackburn

Cani I did not want to sell, but after turning down £6million from Tottenham for him he got in mood and requested a move. Despite all efforts this was all I could manage to get for him.

Sebastián Viera is a very good keeper. His stats are good, but his "eccentricity" stat was too high for my liking. The fee of £5million wasn't bad in my opinion, though could have been better.

Quality finishing and heading ability, but not really quick or strong enough for my liking. That was my assesment of Jon Dahl Tomasson. The £4million fee was quite good I thought.

Fabricio Fuentes looks a very sound defender, but at 30 years old he was simply too old. Again I thought the fee was a good one.

Sebastián Eguren looks a decent player, but not quite good enough for a Champions League side. I was glad to get £2million for him in the end.

Another player getting on in years was Guille Franco. He is a very solid looking striker, but at 30 years old he wouldn't be needed long term.

Players In;

Orlando Engelaar - £4.8million - FC Twente

Alvaro Negredo - £2.8million - Almeria

Kerlon - £2.6million - Cruzeiro

Andre Ayew - £1.1million - Marseille

Younousse Sankhare - £900k - PSG

Aquino - £675k - Murcia

Alex Fernandez - £550k - Huesca

Diego Buonanotte - £500k - River Plate

Mamadou Sakho - £400k - PSG

Gregory Coupet - Free

Harry Kewell - Free

Mario Balotelli - Loan

Orlando Engelaar is versatile. He is either a DM or MLC so will come is handy. The fee was a little over the top, but other clubs were also hunting him.

Alvaro Negredo is another versatile signing. He can play both AMR and ST. He is young and has time to develope into a much better player. He signed a deal as "hot prospect" so doesn't need to be used right away.

Kerlon is another player to sign on as a "hot prospect". He comes highly recommended by my scouts, and my coaches have also been raving about him since his arrival.

Andre Ayew, Younousse Sankhare, Aquino, Diego Buonanotte and Mamadou Sakho have all been brought in for the future, though one or two of them may make the odd appearanace this season.

Alex Fernandez was spotted by my scouts playing in the preliminary rounds of the Copa Del Rey as he scored one and asissted another. He is not fantastic, but at 19 years old he has finishing of 18 and pace of 15, so could come in handy.

Gregory Coupet and Harry Kewell will hopefully prove to be pretty shrewd signings. Both have signed just one year deals.

Mario Balotelli will probably not play much. But hopefully by loaning him in I will have a better chance of securing a permanent deal in the future.

First Team Squad

Golakeepers;

1.Gregory Coupet

13.Diego López

Defenders;

2.Gonzalo Rodriguez

3.Josemi

4.Diego Godin

5.Joan Capdevilla

12.Pascal Cygan

17.Javi Venta

18.Ãngel

23.Edmilson

Midfielders;

6.Josico

7.Robert Pirès

8.Santi Cazorla

10.Harry Kewell

14.Matías Fernández

16.Orlando Engelaar

19.Marcos Senna

21.Bruno

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

11.Ãlvaro Negredo

15.Nihat

22.Giuseppe Rossi

25.Kerlon

Strikers;

9.Joseba Llorente

20.Alex Fernandez

24.Mario Balotelli

Youth Players;

Mamadou Sakho

Younousse Sankhare

Andre Ayew

Aquino

Diego Buonanotte (On loan at Recreativo)

Jozy Altidore (On loan at Recreativo)

I have appointed Marcos Senna as my captain, with Gonzalo Rodriguez as my vice captain.

So far I have been using this 4-1-2-2-1 with these instructions. My 2 wingers and central striker all interchange positions, except if Joseba Llorente is playing, then he is used as target man.

The Season So Far

The league season has started off very well. We have played 3 and won 3, including this opening day victory away at Barcelona. We dont currently sit top of the table as Real Madrid have a better goal difference than us. But so far we have scored 7 goals, conceding 3.

Barcelona (A) 2-1 (Rodriguez; Nihat)

Atletico Mardid (H) 2-1 (Rodriguez; Llorente)

Almeria (A) 3-1 (Llorente; Kerlon; Negredo)

League Table So Far

The first game we came to though was the 3rd qualification round of the Champions League. We faced Rosenborg with the 1st leg away in Norway, and struggled to a 1-1 draw. We fell behind in the first half, and it wasn't until the 65th minute when we equalised through Joseba Llorente. In the second leg we thrashed them 3-0 with Nihat scoring twice and Pires once to send us through to the Champions League group stages. We were seeded second and drawn in the following group;

Chelsea

Villarreal

Celtic

Red Bull Salzburg

I think we should qualify from this group, perhaps not comfortably as we have tough games against Chelsea to come, but still qualification to the 1st knockout round should be achieved.

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to read, and any comments/suggestions are more than welcome.

Most interesting to update the game ,did you add in Jozy Altidore to your side too?Would like to know how the lad gets on.

Some interesting transfers there,especially Negredo and Engelaar.I think Kerlon at 2.6miol was a steal, will try to have a go myself.

Your upcoming prospects sure look similiar to mine.However, i always get loads of better coaches in to make sure my players improve in their training, not their stats will head south.

Like the way your tactic looks , and beating Barca away sure is impressive, the best i could do in my last save game which got messed up was 3-1.

Having a bit of trouble getting Nihat to peform. He's had a few games upfront and not made his mark. Also using him at RM/AMR and he's not doing it there either. I've made it clear im unhappy with his performances so if they don't improve i may cash-in on him in the summer.

Rossi, Liedson and Llorente are doing fantastic upfront, its difficult deciding which two to play.

I guess you gotta give Nihat some time, one of my mates tell me he is fantastic ,just give him a full season.I too am at a loss on his best postion as i play mainly with one striekr up. In my last game in 12 appearances he scored 6, not too bad i feel.

Perhaps play him in the cup games as a main striker to gauge.

Oh didnt know carzola is that good, will update you on how he gets on

Originally posted by ChrisPerring:

I am also going to start a new game at 6 when i download the new weegie update icon_biggrin.gif

Hmm am tempted to try the update too. I usually only go for the official ones from SI.

Does the Weegie update across the premiership and Serie A too?

Cheers

Coming to the end of the January window.. looking at M.Chretien from Nancy. Looks a good RB.

In the process of unsettling him, working but they are still after 8m. Would buy him if i could get it down to around £5m.

End of January 2008 Window

Having conceeded far too many goals in the league, I felt i needed to strengthen in defence. With Gonzalo Rodriguez back from injury we're looking strong in the middle. Godin has been sent out on loan to France to get some first team football.

Transfer Activity

M.Chretien has been signed from Nancy. At 23 he's young and looks set to become a world-class RB. He's at the African nations at the moment but will slot straight into the first team when he returns. He cost £2.4m upfront and £4.6m over 24 months. Josemi has therefore departed. He went to Racing for 2.5m.

Only other news is the signing of Stelvio for 100k. A great prospect at DM and he's portugese which is what im looking for. He'll play in the B team for the rest of the season.

Competitions

In the league we are sitting in fourth place with 42pts (12/4/3). Barcelona have a huge gap at the top after only dropping 4 points, with two draws, in there opening 21 games.

We're set to face Everton in the Euro Cup knockout stages, with probably Bolton in the following round if all goes to plan. We'll face the impressive Barcelona in the Semi-Finals of the Spanish cup, they already destroyed us 3-1 at El Madrigal this season. We scraped through the Quarter-Finals with two very late goals against Betis to take us through.

Players

Rossi (13 Goals), Liedson (12 Goals) and Llorente (18 Goals) are all playing well. Its tricky deciding who to play.

Raul Meireles has been a superb signing in the middle of the park. Notching up 17 Assists and 6 Goals in 24 Games. Matty has also been doing well on the left. Cazorla has been the suprise package with some outstanding performances.

Originally posted by ChrisPerring:

yh it updates all the top european leagues. it also has the promotions and relegations of this seasona aswell. so wba are in the premiership etc.

Hmm, might give it a go after my Villareal game.Would you mind posting the link here ?Thanks in advance

End of January 2008 Window

Having conceeded far too many goals in the league, I felt i needed to strengthen in defence. With Gonzalo Rodriguez back from injury we're looking strong in the middle. Godin has been sent out on loan to France to get some first team football.

Transfer Activity

M.Chretien has been signed from Nancy. At 23 he's young and looks set to become a world-class RB. He's at the African nations at the moment but will slot straight into the first team when he returns. He cost £2.4m upfront and £4.6m over 24 months. Josemi has therefore departed. He went to Racing for 2.5m.

Only other news is the signing of Stelvio for 100k. A great prospect at DM and he's portugese which is what im looking for. He'll play in the B team for the rest of the season.

Competitions

In the league we are sitting in fourth place with 42pts (12/4/3). Barcelona have a huge gap at the top after only dropping 4 points, with two draws, in there opening 21 games.

We're set to face Everton in the Euro Cup knockout stages, with probably Bolton in the following round if all goes to plan. We'll face the impressive Barcelona in the Semi-Finals of the Spanish cup, they already destroyed us 3-1 at El Madrigal this season. We scraped through the Quarter-Finals with two very late goals against Betis to take us through.

Players

Rossi (13 Goals), Liedson (12 Goals) and Llorente (18 Goals) are all playing well. Its tricky deciding who to play.

Raul Meireles has been a superb signing in the middle of the park. Notching up 17 Assists and 6 Goals in 24 Games. Matty has also been doing well on the left. Cazorla has been the suprise package with some outstanding performances.

Well, looking pretty god so far.once Gonzalo is back, your defence should be much stronger and you will score more goals from corners too!

Hows Nihat doing for you so far?

Honestly, neevbr heard of M.Chretien before.See u finally got rid of Josemi, never seem to be impressed with the lad,Angel does a much better job i feel.

Barca sure are hard to beat,was leading them 1-0 i nthe first half, they came back in murdered me 3-1...

Nihat is doing ok. He can't secure a first team place though.

We beat Barcelona 3-1 at home in the first leg of the cup. Just lost 2-1 away at Real though in the league. Still in fourth but its getting tight.

Barcelona will be champions, Real and Valencia are starting toget a gap now.. fourth is my realistic aim.

Everton knoocked us out of the Euro Cup - we were beaten 1-0 away despite dominating and have a huge 17 shots on target to their 4. At home, it finished 0-0 .. just couldn't break them down.

Greetings gents Im about to do a Yellow Subs game so i'm using the FM Weegie update but it doesn't have Altidore which is strange cause i thought Villars signed him? Anyway 3/4 will do for me.

So anyways I'm looking to get a GK and beef up the midfield but right now Milan is hounding him up and I ain't going to SELL him since he's good as a striker and partnering Rossi/Llorente.

Nice update, intresting transfers there.

The youngsters I brought in were all typical young players that everyone signs. But the others, (Engelaar, Negredo), are just something different. If any of you have seen my updates in other threads then you may know that I dont like to go for the conventional signings.

Most interesting to update the game ,did you add in Jozy Altidore to your side too?Would like to know how the lad gets on.

Some interesting transfers there,especially Negredo and Engelaar.I think Kerlon at 2.6miol was a steal, will try to have a go myself.

I just like to keep up to date with real life to be honest, and I dont like the WEEGiE update too much. And yes I have Altidore, but like I said in my update I have loaned him out to Recreativo.

I only got Kerlon for that fee as it was his buyout clause. Dont think he'll be used too much in my first season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Nice update, intresting transfers there.

The youngsters I brought in were all typical young players that everyone signs. But the others, (Engelaar, Negredo), are just something different. If any of you have seen my updates in other threads then you may know that I dont like to go for the conventional signings.

I just like to keep up to date with real life to be honest, and I dont like the WEEGiE update too much. And yes I have Altidore, but like I said in my update I have loaned him out to Recreativo.

I only got Kerlon for that fee as it was his buyout clause. Dont think he'll be used too much in my first season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a good thing I'm going to use unmentioned players when playing with this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a good thing I'm going to use unmentioned players when playing with this.

Sorry, I dont understand? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some players from the Unmentionables thread

Oh Nice to see you around here Heavybass, used to see you around the Liverpool thread previously, welcome !! haha

Yea the unmentionables thread has some pretty good players that are totally unheard of but let their skills d othe talking

scott08looks pretty okay for a first season.usually Valencia perform pretty well in the 2nd half of the season

Barcelona are champions already. Real and Valencia are battling it out for second.

We look a bit far off the pace to challenge, fourth spot looks promising. Only At. Madrid are close to us.

Hmm, did u analyse what happened all were the teams above you just too strong?for me so far my main weakness is my defence.darn.

Still at preseason, couldnt get Fazio this time, darn.He scored 10 goals in 12 odd appearances for me through corners. Had to settle for Samba

IN

Samba 1.3mil

Stancu 2mil

Piatti 1.1mil( yea a bit expensive this time)

Ferrari(RB) 2.9 mil

Per Skj(sp)Norwegian lad 2mil

Sakho 500 k

Sankhere 550k

De gea 600k

Out

Josemi 1.9 mil.Hes worth 3.4 mil but no body wants him

Venta 1.4mil

Capdevilla 9.5mil

Fuentes 2.1mil

Tomasson 1.6mil

thats all so far i guess

Oh Nice to see you around here Heavybass, used to see you around the Liverpool thread previously, welcome !! haha

Yea the unmentionables thread has some pretty good players that are totally unheard of but let their skills d othe talking

I still hang around but I'm thinking of a second team sides I'm gonna do this by FM Weegie update and the max I can do is 7 mil.

Chrisz

Howcome you only got £1.6million for Tomasson?? I managed £4million!!

Didnt know the lad was worth that much , as i nthe start of the game he is worth 350k. .Oh well.

End of the transfr window , have some new additions

In

Aquino 650(compesation or thereabouts)

B.Kalou (free)

Grohe(3.3 mil)

out

Viera(the Urugay keeper.too high Eccentricity)

Saivet(on loan)

so far , 5 games into the season, and am top of the league.Having won all 5 games but its still early days.only big teams i played were sevilla and Valencia whom i won 2-1 and 3-1 receptively.

Aquino, though a youngster has been pretty good, i play him as an AML and on his firsr 3 games got 2 goals. pretty impressed.

Stancu is another signing which has really impressed the fans.

WIll post back

Originally posted by heavybass:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisz:

I still hang around but I'm thinking of a second team sides I'm gonna do this by FM Weegie update and the max I can do is 7 mil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our 2nd team after Liverpool?haha, more of a Barca fan but thought taking Villarreal was a nicer challenge plus, i like their playing style.

hmm, perhaps i shall use a weegie update in my next game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavybass:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisz:

I still hang around but I'm thinking of a second team sides I'm gonna do this by FM Weegie update and the max I can do is 7 mil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our 2nd team after Liverpool?haha, more of a Barca fan but thought taking Villarreal was a nicer challenge plus, i like their playing style.

hmm, perhaps i shall use a weegie update in my next game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm using the current Weegie Update and I've spotted a few good deals which I'm happy about.

Archived