Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

Mr Hough - what would you suggest to improve the defense... but keeping the flowing attacking in place?

i dunno mate i'm gonna try a few things. maybe get the man marking cos there's to much space for the opp forwards closing down is a big one just gotta tweak it till you get it right

Thinking about trying this with spurs..

I see u prefer pacy wingers but i what about modric on the left? I dont think he has good enough finishing to play amc and would prefer signing van der vaart to play there? At dmc im thinking about Palombo, Moussa Sissoko, veloso or Palombo? what do u guys think? Defoe for the poacher or should i sign someone like Milevskyi?

I think Modric can play good enough on the left. Have been hearing a lot off good stuff about him playing finger. I'm not really good on players so you may ask about it with the other guys here. :D

I think Defoe is good enough for a poacher.. with Crouch playing with him

Going to give it a try with Man Utd team half way through 2nd season, played a few games and looking good so far, playing Ribery as AMC, Bolatelli as Target Man (I know not perfect but I'm not dropping him) and Rooney as Poacher (I know again, but check his stats not as daft as it sounds). Like I said working so far beat West Ham 4-1 at home and beat Sheff Utd 2-0 at home in FA Cup playing a lot of kids.

The tweak does sound 'unique' but hey it's your team and tactics. As long as it gives the good results. :D

Tweaking is highly recommended by me. I mean you may do well on a plug-and-play kind of tactic, but I do believe tweaking it will give an optimum result for your team. :)

@Mr Hough: First of all I thank you very much for giving that much detailed problem with the defensive. This kind of feedback really helps me.

I will take a look of it.

I have actually developed a new version of the tactic that improve the defense. Defense have always been my main problem even from the FM08.

Before releasing it I do need some inputs regarding the idea.

1. The DMC.

The idea of DMC is the same really.. Closing down everything possible. So his closing down is set to very high. Now here's the tricky part. Zonal or Man Marking?

Having him in Zonal, it will benefit as he will run up and down the field to chase down the ball and feed them for a quick attack. But having that, it can bring disaster if he's not quick enough to cover a 'free' AMC who got the ball - like the first picture Mr Hough gave.

Defenders. The current defence system I implement is one stopper and one cover. So one acting to sweep out through balls and the other one do the closing down - almost similar to DMC. All is set to tight man marking.

With this problem I have found problems, mainly

1. Defender easily get around by forwards.

2. Through balls cut the defence like a knife and everybody just stand there looking at the running forwards who gets an easy 1-on-1 chances.

About the 1 guy marking 2 attackers.. I haven't seen it yet. You are using the first tactic right? The v3.1?

Now here's what I have in mind.. I will set both roles to just 'Defend'.

Defender 'A'

He will be the normal defender. Having normal closing down and stops plays any player gets into the defence area. Therefore I set him on zonal marking. So that he wouldn't get around so easily.. I found out that 'loose' marking (setting of tight marking) is very effective.

Defender 'B'

He will be the 'deeper' defender.. having 1-2 mentality lower than the 'A' defender. He will not close down but rather man mark the opponent's poacher. Here's the tricky part.. Do I set him on tight marking? It will help as he will always be on the guy that will break through the middle.. but the other side is that he can be easily beaten.

So guys please help on the defend side. Any tweaking and inputs would be highly appreciated.

Oh yeah if you do want to try the tactic? I will post it if you want

I think Modric can play good enough on the left. Have been hearing a lot off good stuff about him playing finger. I'm not really good on players so you may ask about it with the other guys here. :D

I think Defoe is good enough for a poacher.. with Crouch playing with him

The tweak does sound 'unique' but hey it's your team and tactics. As long as it gives the good results. :D

Tweaking is highly recommended by me. I mean you may do well on a plug-and-play kind of tactic, but I do believe tweaking it will give an optimum result for your team. :)

@Mr Hough: First of all I thank you very much for giving that much detailed problem with the defensive. This kind of feedback really helps me.

I will take a look of it.

I have actually developed a new version of the tactic that improve the defense. Defense have always been my main problem even from the FM08.

Before releasing it I do need some inputs regarding the idea.

1. The DMC.

The idea of DMC is the same really.. Closing down everything possible. So his closing down is set to very high. Now here's the tricky part. Zonal or Man Marking?

Having him in Zonal, it will benefit as he will run up and down the field to chase down the ball and feed them for a quick attack. But having that, it can bring disaster if he's not quick enough to cover a 'free' AMC who got the ball - like the first picture Mr Hough gave.

Defenders. The current defence system I implement is one stopper and one cover. So one acting to sweep out through balls and the other one do the closing down - almost similar to DMC. All is set to tight man marking.

With this problem I have found problems, mainly

1. Defender easily get around by forwards.

2. Through balls cut the defence like a knife and everybody just stand there looking at the running forwards who gets an easy 1-on-1 chances.

About the 1 guy marking 2 attackers.. I haven't seen it yet. You are using the first tactic right? The v3.1?

Now here's what I have in mind.. I will set both roles to just 'Defend'.

Defender 'A'

He will be the normal defender. Having normal closing down and stops plays any player gets into the defence area. Therefore I set him on zonal marking. So that he wouldn't get around so easily.. I found out that 'loose' marking (setting of tight marking) is very effective.

Defender 'B'

He will be the 'deeper' defender.. having 1-2 mentality lower than the 'A' defender. He will not close down but rather man mark the opponent's poacher. Here's the tricky part.. Do I set him on tight marking? It will help as he will always be on the guy that will break through the middle.. but the other side is that he can be easily beaten.

So guys please help on the defend side. Any tweaking and inputs would be highly appreciated.

Oh yeah if you do want to try the tactic? I will post it if you want

when you say defenders mate i would'nt have a 'cover' defender sweeping in this tactic cos the defence is very deep the opp will hardly get through i think and with the sweeper option he'll be sweeping the ball off his goal line.

you could try this, Make the philosopy very rigid this way the defenders 'Just defend' they don't try and do anything else and everyone stays in the position instead of getting sucked out. don't worry about the attacking play cos all you want is the team to defend you can tweak the attacking players or just leave them as they are.

i would defo have the defenders on man marking and tight marking too, my reason behind this is that you don't want your defenders marking 'space' whats the point of that you wanna try and hot the players either as there receiving or just before they get the ball, if they have the ball already then if you have a very skillfull opp he can just take it round or pass the ball off to someone else.

these are just some things i've noticed i'd keep the attacking play cos it's very very good

Yes I did buy a pacy left winger as Downing was injured.. Also brought in van der vaart or riquelme.. There was also a full back for backup which i bought. i think it was Kadlec.. I forgot who he was.. lost the save file and was played before my laptop was formatted :p

Aston Villa is already a good enough team in my opinion. just need backups. :)

I modified yours a bit, as I don't really have wingers at my Barca team and just mainly CM's, but nevertheless used majority of your settings and did a great job. Managed to beat Inter 4-0 in the final, good stuff :)

Wow nice.. Mind to share the tweaks?

Yes Barca do work in this tactic with ML/MR changed to CM.

You can even push the AMC to a third striker. :D

aandi what type of team talks do you use ?

I uses Phatmos'. Basically it's like this.

Pre-Match :

Being favourites BY FAR: Expect a Win

Being favourites : None or against a rival 'For the Fans'

Less favourites : You can win this (or wish luck sometimes in away games)

Half time:

Leading : Don't expect to drop

Draw but doing well : we can win this

Draw but not doing well and losing : Expect better

Post-match:

Win : Good result or if average more than 8 sensational.

Draw : If playing well sympathies. Being dominated disappointing.

Losing : At home always Disappointing. But if playing well in away games : Sympathies

__

Currently this tactic is doing very well in FMB. Being voted as 'best tactic' so far. Feel free to vote if you got the time. :)

Wow nice.. Mind to share the tweaks?

Yes Barca do work in this tactic with ML/MR changed to CM.

You can even push the AMC to a third striker. :D

:D

I just put the two CM's Iniesta/Xavi as central midfielders attack. Great amount of assists. For Beckham though needed to put him as a playmaker to be effective in this system

Tried this with Aston Villa for 10 games, was on a good run as well.

This tactic certainly does produce goals galore! Here are my results:

Aston Villa 1-3 Portsmouth

Burnley 4-1 Aston Villa

Man United 5-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 3-5 Stoke?????

Aston Villa 2-2 Wolves(lucky they got 2 disalowed goals and a red card)

Manchester City 4-1 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham Hotspurs

Bolton 2-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham

Aston Villa 0-4 Arsenal.

If you haven't already noticed, the goals galore have all come from the other team, I was doing well, now I've quit my game in disgust.

Burnley 4-1 Aston Villa

Bolton 2-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham

Aston Villa 0-4 Arsenal.

If you haven't already noticed, the goals galore have all come from the other team, I was doing well, now I've quit my game in disgust.

LOL, Bad times that brother

Burnley 4-1 Aston Villa

Bolton 2-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham

Aston Villa 0-4 Arsenal.

Never see anything worse than that result..

While the other testers have seemed to be doing well in scoring goals, maybe it's just you then.

Burnley 4-1 Aston Villa

Bolton 2-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham

Aston Villa 0-4 Arsenal.

Right then, I decided that surely, oh surely this tactic couldn't be this bad, really? So I'm making a return with Liverpool, my first game was the League Cup 5th round match against Bristol City at Anfield.

The final score:

Liverpool 1-0 Bristol City

In all honesty the scoreline could have been a lot more. I had plenty of chances, didn't take them, they had one or two, one of which was a great chance, but that's about it, so I comfortably dominated the game. This is the first time I'm using it on this save so still need to get used to it a lot more. Next up, Man U home, not expecting too much.

Ok, so Manchester United home, second time I was using this tactic and was not looking forward to facing the Red Devils a lot. They had some top players, so did we, my team is capable of scoring goals and I have top attacking players in it, so hopefully Goals Galore would be coming.

I started off very much dominant, Gerrard really should have scored very early on, I was dominating the possesion and the chances, then deservedly I took the lead with a nice touch and Obadi scoring after beating Van Der Sar, 1-0 and wow was I impressed. I could have been a lot more, Di Natale had a chance for Man U but didn't take it, I went in to half-time not knowing what to say.

So I said nothing, none, something I knew was going to back-fire on me, half-time team talks when I'm one-nil up is not exactly my forte. Here we go!

It did back-fire, I knew what would happen and it did, Berbatov scored with a header and Man United equalized, darn, such a good first half ruined by a dodgy team-talk, I still had confidence though, I could still win.

I then started to dominate once more, Torres a Kuyt looking dangerous. Macherano played a wondeful ball, it was top top class, and Benayoun, the hal-time sub ran with the ball before finishing past Van Der Sar to take us into the lead. We then had a confidence boost and we had even more chances, this time a good passing move ended up with Kuyt playing a nice ball behind Ferdinand and Torres didnt miss. 3-1.

We then had more chances and could have got more goals, but I honestly didn't mind when the final whistle was blown.

In all honesty it could have been so much more, and I'm adamant that if I didn't do that dodgy team-talk they never would have scored, so I'm very happy, and considering this is only my second time using this tactic, I can't wait to use it more.

Final Score:

Liverpool 3 - 2 Manchester United

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is Partizan Belgrade in the Champions League(Match day 4)

The first one you said. I don't go attack all the time.

I assume that people are good managers enough to tweak everything when needed so I didn't write the changes down. :D

Not everyone is that good :-(

Can I assume that you start with the Attacking version and only change to Counter or Shut up shop when winning and trying to see out games etc?

Do you make any actual tweaks to the tactic during the games?

UPDATE - I have just looked a little closer and it appears that the only thing that changes from Attacking to Counter to Contain is the Time Wasting. Is this correct?

I have enjoyed some really really good results with this tactic but then often i go on a bad run of 5 or 6 games. I am a team with a pretty average squad in league one and truth be told we are over performing but i just want consitency. I was just wondering how people found this tactic when using different strategies such as control etc. Also has anyone found some good touchline shouts i have seen some mentioned but really want to test some out..

Well I did release an update on the tactic. Not spesifically for 10.2 patch but it does work well in it.. I tweaked the defense.

Goals Galore v4.1

Just tested 1 season.. Won UCL with it. Beating Barcelona 4-2 in the Final... with some other well results which suprisingly against the top teams (Real Madrid, MU, Chelsea)

barcafinal.jpg

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5578/barca1.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1008/barcayp.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6562/manut.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/77/chelseaa.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5885/benfica.jpg

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/7738/madrid.jpg

aaannndddiii i noticed in the player recomendations for 3.1 you have the central defenders as 'defend'. However in the tactics screen the left central defender is 'defend', and the right central defender is 'stopper' should i change to 'defend' for both or leave how it is? Also in your team instructions in this post you have philosophy as fluid but in the tactic its set to balanced, is this correct?? Thanks.

aaannndddiii i noticed in the player recomendations for 3.1 you have the central defenders as 'defend'. However in the tactics screen the left central defender is 'defend', and the right central defender is 'stopper' should i change to 'defend' for both or leave how it is? Also in your team instructions in this post you have philosophy as fluid but in the tactic its set to balanced, is this correct?? Thanks.
Oh really? Well it's more or less the same since I manually change the individual instruction. You can change to defend if you want to.

Yes it is correct. I don't use the wizard as I mostly done the tweaking myself.

Try the 4.1 as well. Improved defensively. As you can see by Crewe Alex's results.

Hasnt anyone tried the new 10.2 tactic? I won my first 5 league games 2-1, 2-0, 4-1, 1-0 and 2-0 and Im Stoke first season EPL

Its really effective

Thanks for testing mate. Glad it's good for ya. :)

The cover/stopper role in the new patch works like a charm

Yes I've known the consistency has been an issue. It's not a 'direct' issue as the tactic work most of the time.

The problem is that there are countless tactic variations that the AI uses. And for some teams who happens to be using a 'certain' tactic, just somehow effective in countering this tactic.

Such certain tactic is usually used by weak teams who sit down in defense - putting people in the box and very rigid. That is why an attacking, quick and direct tactic will be countered.

For that, people have to tweak it themselves, attend the pre-match backroom meeting and use OI. I can give out a set of tactics to use in specified situations, but that would be just ruin the fun of the game right? :)

Just did a full season on holiday with newcastle just started a new game did the 4.1 tact came back in may and i was sacked becuase we were 6th, ok so re did it again with the 3.1 and NC came 2nd. i was impressed, I think the other tac didn't work as well because the main goalie got banned for like 6 games and that like totally messed them up, oh and this was all on the 10.2 patch.

Started with your 4.1 version on 10.2 as Watford, pre-season was great, it feels really balanced wide players and AM all goal threats and strikers scoring for fun. Now played 6 games in the season, four wins (4-0, 4-1, 4-2, 3-1) and 2 defeats, a 3-2 game to Sheffield United which I didn't mind as I dominated and it felt like a freak result, they scored a 40 yard free kick and a last minute scrabbled header from a corner. The other defeat was a 0-4 drubbing to Nottingham Forest which worried me, but will persist with it and let you know how I get on.

Archived