Could you properly manage your Real Lifes Rival Teams.

I managed celtic once - sold the few decent players they had and bought over the hill players on long contracts with big wages - all of them with serious money paid out at 30 league appearences. Did not bad all season and despite the money pouring out of the club kept the job untill the last few games where over 50 million was paid out in a matter of weeks and the administrators came in.

Great fun

It's funny to see the Everton fans refusing to manage Man Utd...and after we let you have all our castoffs too! Tim Howard...Phil Neville...Louis Saha...and those are your best players too!

Not quite. Fellaini, Cahil and Arteta are the best.

I say properly because as an Everton fan I cannot manage Liverpool or Man Utd without a degree of mealevonance. I start with all good intentions but then start slowly destroy them.

As a Leeds fan I often use Man United as my "practise" team. Then I don't feel so bad when I screw it up. I tend to use Man City or Chelsea these days, though.

I've also been known to even this out in the editor by taking Man U's rep down, decimating their finances and watching them crumble. But not usually until the following summer while I'm waiting for the next version.

As an Arsenal fan it took until FM09 to finally play as Sp*rs (I've been playing since CM2 (96-97 edition), couldn't get them to perform in England but won 2 Uefa Cups in 2 seasons before getting bored. Never done a Man Utd save ever, spent 1 season at Chelsea on 08 before leaving to manage Holland, and had a go with Liverpool on 08 but got sacked by end of January in the first season and ended up at Blackburn where I did quite well.

Archived