FM2010 - The Better Half - Tactical Sets, NO TC

What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?

• 4-1-2-2-1 (Flat 4 - DMC - MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)
    • 4-1-2-2-1 ( Flat 4 - DMC- MR, ML - AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-2-3-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMR, AMC, AML - FC )
    • 4-2-3-1 Narrow (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMC, AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-3-2-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)

they havent failed completly,but i feel especially the strikers can do with a bit of tweaking. Maybe u can take a look @ it aneway?

As i posted before i find it much harder to score now

They could probably do with some lowered creative freedom, especially if they have unmatching ppms for the role ( like the FCR having come deep, thats only good for the FCl).

The best set to evaluate how the work in the latest patch would be the 442 TM.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok,but how are things going for you using ur sets with the new patch? have u tried it and notice any difference at all? have it made u evaluate the version pickings at all?

Are you concidering any tweaks?

for me atleast i noticed as i said before some changes to the me, and the effects it having for me atleast in my save.

why im asking is cuz im so bad at tactics making and laying my hope in you to get it better :p

ok,but how are things going for you using ur sets with the new patch? have u tried it and notice any difference at all? have it made u evaluate the version pickings at all?

Are you concidering any tweaks?

for me atleast i noticed as i said before some changes to the me, and the effects it having for me atleast in my save.

why im asking is cuz im so bad at tactics making and laying my hope in you to get it better :p

Actually, I have not played the game since the new patch was released and I will not have much time doing it with Christmas coming up, also working double hours:thdn:

The patch is probably updated since I use steam and as I always start new saves when a patch is released, the Bolton project will not be continued. This is rathere sad thjough as I liked the save and was top of the league after having played 19 games

That would depend on you team. Have you signed great AMR,L or have you 2 great poachers etc,ttc

My team is dida

ferreira collocini dawson enrique

gutierrez poulsen sidwell lovenkrands

carroll xisco

cannot seem to get any consistency would really appreciate some help

Thanks

New game with 10.2. I've not won in 12 games in Division 2 since going up though. P12 W0 D4 L8 F6 A17!

Division 2 ? ( should it be season 2 perhaps ?)

Anyway, how are you conceding the goals ?. I pressume that this season, you are playnig with the more defensive version now that you are an underdog and I would like some feedback on how the can cope with the pressure when better teams attacks us.

Are they mainly from crosses, are you able to cope with overlaping wingbacks or are the Fbs being dragged out of position, tucking infield to close down the wingers moving ino the box ?

Are they from corners, set pieces or are you caught on the break ?

Division 2 ? ( should it be season 2 perhaps ?)

Anyway, how are you conceding the goals ?. I pressume that this season, you are playnig with the more defensive version now that you are an underdog and I would like some feedback on how the can cope with the pressure when better teams attacks us.

Are they mainly from crosses, are you able to cope with overlaping wingbacks or are the Fbs being dragged out of position, tucking infield to close down the wingers moving ino the box ?

Are they from corners, set pieces or are you caught on the break ?

No it is Division 2, in Scotland. Goals are being leaked from all over the shop! I am a poor team and was very lucky to ever get promoted in the first place!

No it is Division 2, in Scotland. Goals are being leaked from all over the shop! I am a poor team and was very lucky to ever get promoted in the first place!

It was me getting confused and thought you where playing with Newcastle ( I recommended the same set to another user at the same time:D )

I would suggest that you try to grind out a few results and tell the team that the pressure is off for a few matches, at least until getting some wins

It was me getting confused and thought you where playing with Newcastle ( I recommended the same set to another user at the same time:D )

I would suggest that you try to grind out a few results and tell the team that the pressure is off for a few matches, at least until getting some wins

Hi its me who is playing wiv newcastle in the prem, jus started to use ure 4132 set and have won the last 2 games cheers , jus wondering how u deal wiv teams that play four strikers in the last 10 mins of games coz the last of ure sets i used had a sus version

Hi its me who is playing wiv newcastle in the prem, jus started to use ure 4132 set and have won the last 2 games cheers , jus wondering how u deal wiv teams that play four strikers in the last 10 mins of games coz the last of ure sets i used had a sus version

I mainly use the version 7.Defensive and with the same OIs as in the previous editions. If one likes to use a different formations for those occasions, the 4231 from the Bolton project have an advantage over the 4-2-4 as it holds on to the ball in advanced positions ( again, using the 7.defensive)

I mainly use the version 7.Defensive and with the same OIs as in the previous editions. If one likes to use a different formations for those occasions, the 4231 from the Bolton project have an advantage over the 4-2-4 as it holds on to the ball in advanced positions ( again, using the 7.defensive)

so tight mark all strikers and close down 2 midfielders ? wen u won the league wiv west ham did u buy ne players or did u use the same squad as the one in the image?

you need to start a new game or all changes wont take effect

They will although in my experience, motivation and pressure can get mixed up pretty bad. But things that have to do with the databas, like how the AI managers prefer to play, will not take effect so I do intend to use a new save in the coming week

Has the Wide Diamond tactic set recieved all the tweaks for improvement? I don't think I am good enough to tweak myself!

If not I'll go for the tactic set used in the Happy Hammer project. I really want to play with a DMC and two up top. Ideally I would like to play with wingers too, hence the diamond.

yes i did,i am not really good with tactic. i am using with santos in south africa, not getting good result atm, like the 9.3.0 tactics, you gave instruction to individual player etc, can you do something like it again plz?

If you are refering to the Opposition instruction, they should work the same in this years edition. If you mean what kind of plauyers to use, its in the screenshotlinks

Has the Wide Diamond tactic set receive all the tweaks for improvement? I don't think I am good enough to tweak myself!

If not I'll go for the tactic set used in the Happy Hammer project. I really want to play with a DMC and two up top. Ideally I would like to play with wingers too, hence the diamond.

I have not received so much feedback on the wide diamond so I guess you could still call it a late beta. I will send you a link to the Wide 4132 that you can combine with the narrow that I used with West Ham ( i.e, MCl and MCR becoming MR and ML)

Ive just started using your wide diamond with Farsley in the Blue square prem. I got promoted in the 1st season and am i top of the league at the min. But since the new patch i cant seem to get any tactics right. So i thought id give one of your sets a go. 1st game i used the diamond against was in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup away to Guiseley who are below the Blue Square North/South. So it was any easy 1st game to try the set in. We won the game 3-0. Could and have should have been alot more. We absolute dominated possession 64% to 34%. I used a mix of control and attack home. Until there last 10/15 mins where Guiseley just seemed to go for bust and try and score. I then switched to counter. I'll keep you updated on how i do, especially as you said you havent had much feedback on the wide diamond and that not many people seem to using your sets in the lower leagues.

your tactics are dead in 10.2. in 10.1 i used 4132 and won league with liverpool 99pts

in 10.2 can barely win a game, this is typical example:

pretty sad because they were so good before :(

I have started a new game and the version that needs most tweaking is the 6.Counter. I also find that the sets not using MR,L have stopped overperforming heavily but they still work good. My sets using wingers are on the other hand working much better, espcecially the set that is not yet uploaded, the wide 4132 TM.

One thing that do need tweaking is the Hold up ball instructions. Either it was broken in the previous patch or its flawed in this. The sum of it is that I play much better when unticking it for all players, especially for the attacking players or the players behind attacking players making forward runs.

Out of interest, what version did you use againt celtic in the screenie ?

Ive just started using your wide diamond with Farsley in the Blue square prem. I got promoted in the 1st season and am i top of the league at the min. But since the new patch i cant seem to get any tactics right. So i thought id give one of your sets a go. 1st game i used the diamond against was in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup away to Guiseley who are below the Blue Square North/South. So it was any easy 1st game to try the set in. We won the game 3-0. Could and have should have been alot more. We absolute dominated possession 64% to 34%. I used a mix of control and attack home. Until there last 10/15 mins where Guiseley just seemed to go for bust and try and score. I then switched to counter. I'll keep you updated on how i do, especially as you said you havent had much feedback on the wide diamond and that not many people seem to using your sets in the lower leagues.

Cheers. Looking forward on some feedback from the lower leagues

i found the same as you, narrow tactics have been weakened (i tried 4132 with juventus and has similar poor performance) so for arsenal i tried 442, but did a perfect pre season, training, playing all friendlies, lots of 8-0 wins, good morale, signed dzeko for target man position but soon as the season starts it all falls apart. in the celtic game i was using control as we were heavy favourites, i tried switching to home attack and also balanced but couldnt get any control in the game.

here are results so far with 442:

24e4c4m.jpg

as i said, im pretty good at version switching and picking right strategy, with 4132/4312 i won league with liverpool first season on 10.1 with 99pts and second season was 17 points clear after 19 games. 10.2 has just killed any chance of success

I have not received so much feedback on the wide diamond so I guess you could still call it a late beta. I will send you a link to the Wide 4132 that you can combine with the narrow that I used with West Ham ( i.e, MCl and MCR becoming MR and ML)

4132 is perfect. I look forward to getting the link. Thanks

in the celtic game i was using control as we were heavy favourites,

Thanks for your feedback :thup:

In this first game of the seaon, playing a rather good team that - in the knock out stage - would not sit that deep and park the bus , I would not have used the Control version. Attack away or even Balanced would probably have been my starting version, making ingame switching when seeing it fit.

I think I will start a new save with Arsenal to try the Wide 4132 out with a top team

4132 is perfect. I look forward to getting the link. Thanks
When are you likely to upload this as i'd be interested in giving it a go, even a beta version?

I will tweak it a bit further and will send you both a link as I would love some feedback from you guys:thup:

In this first game of the seaon, playing a rather good team that - in the knock out stage - would not sit that deep and park the bus , I would not have used the Control version. Attack away or even Balanced would probably have been my starting version, making ingame switching when seeing it fit.

actually i started with balanced and then switched to control after going 1-0 down

i think 442 is just dead in this match engine

ill try your new wide formation when its released

actually i started with balanced and then switched to control after going 1-0 down

Try having two wingers and a ball winning midfielder and advanced/deep lying playmaker in midfield and you'll see it works. I actually find it to be a good starting formation if you're unsure what is best for you team and then tweak depending on your players :thup:

i had arshavin, song, fabregas and joaquin, but could not dominated the midfield at all unless the other team happened to be playing a 442 as well, i tried using some ois to close down amcs etc. but it didnt help

i switched to another tactic and started winning games 5-0 but by that time all my players were unhappy and i got sacked. the 10.2 engine is really horrible, there are way too many good chances in each game and the only way for the scores to stay respectable is for strikers to miss many easy chances and super keepers are definitely back

Tip for patch 10.2

Look at the creative freedom given and consider what effects will have on the players, how likely are they to carry out their ppms.

If having a player in the FCleft that had the ppm of coming deep to get the ball, then you simply have to lower his creative freedom or otherwise he will sit to deep, just as the FCright - that should be deep coming would not if he has the ppms gets forward at any... or into the box. ( the most natural would be to switch them bu if their other attributes better match the Tm and poacher role, then lower their creative freedom

As i see it, the previous patch was slightly flawed in this manner and the players did not try to carry out their ppms as much as they should when given the freedom to do so, but in this patch, they do

Tip for patch 10.2

Look at the creative freedom given and consider what effects will have on the players, how likely are they to carry out their ppms.

If having a player in the FCleft that had the ppm of coming deep to get the ball, then you simply have to lower his creative freedom or otherwise he will sit to deep, just as the FCright - that should be deep coming would not if he has the ppms gets forward at any... or into the box. ( the most natural would be to switch them bu if their other attributes better match the Tm and poacher role, then lower their creative freedom

As i see it, the previous patch was slightly flawed in this manner and the players did not try to carry out their ppms as much as they should when given the freedom to do so, but in this patch, they do

I was actually going to post something along those lines in a new thread. It seems that PPM's and CF are in a way linked now and got me thinking. Now I know you don't like using the TC but in theory if you select a role for a player to play would it not then make sense to have low CF so he carries out that role?

I was actually going to post something along those lines in a new thread. It seems that PPM's and CF are in a way linked now and got me thinking. Now I know you don't like using the TC but in theory if you select a role for a player to play would it not then make sense to have low CF so he carries out that role?

I would indeed be the case if he was to be playing in a specific non-roaming-manner, like huging the line or staying back at all costs etc. Just like a FCd, with coming deep to get the ball in his ppms, giving him extra creative freedom will make him perform better in his target man role.

Another thing to look out for extra is players that like to try first time shots. As the players already do that in this patch, it would be great to lower his freedom and make him play much more direct with no t-balls, in a away acting as a link player outside the box but as a poacher inside it.

The reason I have not posted about this earlier and in the Opening post is that I always assume that users look at the tactics and tweak them slightly to suit the squad at hand. Perhaps not the position like makring, closing down and mentality but the creative freedom, longshots and crossing as those simply have to be matched to suit both the quality and playertypes

I have - once again - started a new game with Arsenal, this time using the old narrow 4132. The tweaks made are..

• No Hold up ball in the veriosn Control to Counter
  • All free roles in midfield in versions attack away to defensive have been removed
  • Slight increase in width in balance to defensive
  • Lowered the creative freedom if their ppms dont match their other settings ( like the advanced forward having deep forward ppms)

Currently unbeaten in the league after 5 matches with 15 points and 11 scored and 0 conceded (not top though as United have won all their 5, scoting 23 goals:confused:). Also having played 3 knockout games in CL, won all 2-0. N

Hi have used youre set wiv newcastle first season in prem for about 12 games won 4 , drawn 6 , lost 2 , found it quite solid but i struggle

to score however i dont concede very many at all

Hi have used youre set wiv newcastle first season in prem for about 12 games won 4 , drawn 6 , lost 2 , found it quite solid but i struggle

to score however i dont concede very many at all

The biggest reason why the set produces a low goalratio is that the formation is rather defensive in it self and when using the more cautious versions ( balanced, counter and defenisve), well, then the aim really is to win 1-0 or to snatch a 1-1, 0-0 draw

Yer it is very solid , what player stats are best to make this formation work , my back four are solid and all average over 7.0 but i cannot get goals from midfield or strikers

Its important that you tweak the set slightly to suit the squad at hand

Example:

The 2 Midfielders

Put all 3 players in the Mc-strata at "mixed" in fwruns, run with ball, dribbling, crossing and then look at what they are really good at. If he is good at dribbling, put it to often. If he has poor dribbling put great crossing stats, then let him cross often and from deep/mixed, also reducing his run with ball to rarley, especially is he no more than average in speed

The fullbacks:

Look at the same ting. Should they dribble and beat their man, crossing from the byline or should they, if having less pace and dribbling skills, cross from deep or even play a short passing, keeping it simple

The Forwards

The Fcleft is a deep coming link player, so he needs to be able to handle that role, not only by skill but most importantly actually trying to do it. If he is a target man type by looking as his stas, its of no use if he has comflicting ppms( then lower his creatie freedom etc)

The FCright should be a creative poacher and at tghi slevel, playing in the EPL, preferably a complete one. Here you also have to look at his ppms so that they are not contradictive to his assignments. Its no good having 2 FCs that likes to come deep or arrive in the box late

Are you releasing a new set for patch 10.2?

I intend to reupload every single set although I will wait for the full collections of sets ( I have made 63 different:D) to be uploaded until after SI have released the final patch ( or confirmed that the 10.2 is the final)

I intend to reupload every single set although I will wait for the full collections of sets ( I have made 63 different:D) to be uploaded until after SI have released the final patch ( or confirmed that the 10.2 is the final)

Well they've already said numerous times that 10.3 will be out sometime in February 2010 after the transfer window has closed.

Archived