FM2010 - The Better Half - Tactical Sets, NO TC

What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?

• 4-1-2-2-1 (Flat 4 - DMC - MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)
    • 4-1-2-2-1 ( Flat 4 - DMC- MR, ML - AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-2-3-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMR, AMC, AML - FC )
    • 4-2-3-1 Narrow (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMC, AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-3-2-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)

Tricky as you will have to put good players on the bench what ever set you use. BUt if you should use one of the Lone FC sets, then perhaps the 4231 and combine it with the 4411 when playing in CL ( in the knock out stage that is). if using a 442, then the one NOT using a TM

How is rooney in the AMC position ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok so use the 4231 up till knockouts. BTW Who would you say to play on the wings Balotelli & Milner or Salvio

I would probably play it just like in real life, using wingers that can help out defensivly when away to Juventus ( i.e Milner in the 4411) and more flaifull players home to Hull( i.e the other ones).

i would also suggest getting a great DR/Mr or dl/ml, just like Arsenal have in the game

Hi

Still having a few problems selecting the right versions. Especially against very aggressive opponents. I'm still playing as Sunderland, now in season two and doing really well. The team grinds out results against good, equal and poor teams.

Just played a game away against Everton. They are were very aggressive and dominated me completely. Managed a 0 0 draw as they never changed their rather quick passing, and most of their chances came from long shots. The problem was when my team won the ball in defense. Everton were all over us deep inside our own half and won the ball back. I started with balanced, then switched to defensive and back to balanced again. Defensive was to deep. They won the ball back as soon as my team tried to string together a few passes. The same happened when playing balanced. I tried counter as well, but again their aggression stopped most of my teams attempts to attack.

But what was their approach? Their full backs partly joined attacks as they pushed forward, but stopped about 10 meters inside my half if the attack came down the opposite flank. The fullback on the attacking flank pushed a bit further. Their central defenders stopped pushing forward on the half-way line, some times a few yards into my half. When loosing the ball their defenders and central midfielders quickly fell back and if my team managed to get into their half, the only player not defending was their striker.

Any ideas what I could have done different?

PS. Using the box midfield set (dmc - amc).

TBH, would you mind uploading picture links to the new formations as well?

Its in my to do list

Hi TBH , Tactics : 4-1-3-2 Wide ( Post for patch 10.2 ) excellent . I win : 2PL , 2 FA , 1 CC , 1 CL ( ManCity ) . Why do you set Attack Away in NEW Tactics . I'm sorry for my poor English,I also use translate software

I removed that version since it made the version pikcing too hard for the common user. I still yuse them and i will probably upload a pack of all attack away for those that wants tio implement them into the set

Hi

Still having a few problems selecting the right versions. Especially against very aggressive opponents. I'm still playing as Sunderland, now in season two and doing really well. The team grinds out results against good, equal and poor teams.

Just played a game away against Everton. They are were very aggressive and dominated me completely. Managed a 0 0 draw as they never changed their rather quick passing, and most of their chances came from long shots. The problem was when my team won the ball in defense. Everton were all over us deep inside our own half and won the ball back. I started with balanced, then switched to defensive and back to balanced again. Defensive was to deep. They won the ball back as soon as my team tried to string together a few passes. The same happened when playing balanced. I tried counter as well, but again their aggression stopped most of my teams attempts to attack.

But what was their approach? Their full backs partly joined attacks as they pushed forward, but stopped about 10 meters inside my half if the attack came down the opposite flank. The fullback on the attacking flank pushed a bit further. Their central defenders stopped pushing forward on the half-way line, some times a few yards into my half. When loosing the ball their defenders and central midfielders quickly fell back and if my team managed to get into their half, the only player not defending was their striker.

Any ideas what I could have done different?

PS. Using the box midfield set (dmc - amc).

The thing is, their 4411 has an advangate over the DMC/ amc set as they flood the midfield and our AMCs and FCs are too islolated. I would probbaly untick the hold up ball fro the fullbacks and perhaps try to use specific manmarking..

Let the Fcs manmark their Fbs (as they keep possession troo good otherwise. It will also make our FCs start wide dragging the Dcs out of position

Let the Fbs man makrin their wingers

let the DMCleft man mark their AMC and our AMCleft their MCright

In some matches though, a draw is a very good result and I would consider drawing away tp Everton such a match

Its in my to do list

In some matches though, a draw is a very good result and I would consider drawing away tp Everton such a match

I do agree. It was a ok result. Defensively I was fairly satisfied as the team restricted them to finishing from long range. A bit less satisfied with my teams ability to retain the ball. I will try your suggestions for marking.

I've downloaded your dmc - amc set for 10.2. Is attack away replaced by balanced/counter?

I do agree. It was a ok result. Defensively I was fairly satisfied as the team restricted them to finishing from long range. A bit less satisfied with my teams ability to retain the ball. I will try your suggestions for marking.

I've downloaded your dmc - amc set for 10.2. Is attack away replaced by balanced/counter?

The Attack away is not replaced by anything, its just left out

In tactics 4-4-2 TM , Target man : FCR or FCL :

The FCleft

What key attributes do you look for in a Target Man and a defensive midfielder (using 4-1-3-2 Wide)?

The TM

- If at the highest level, a complete poacher. He needs to be smart ( anticipation, off the ball), be reasonably strong ( strength, stamina) and a focused player with good finishing skills ( determination, concentration, finishing and composure)

The DMC

- Needs to be able to position him self correctly and break up attacks. Positioning, tackle, marking, anticipation, strength

Also, dont forget that its equally important to avoid players with weak spots that can have a multiple bad influence on his performance. A great poacher with poor agility and first touch simply wont score when under pressure in the box. A great fullback wont make it if having really poor crossing skills, especially if using a non-winger formation etc etc-

What can I do when the opposition is defending tight, but still attack with plenty of people? When I go a bit attacking, they counter me. Going balanced/defensive they completely dominate me and break me down.

Attack vise the team is moving backwards. Little movement and players launching long shots all over the place, even though I have put them on rarely. A lot of those shots seems like bad decisions to me, as there are options available for the trigger happy players.

I suppose this might be down to me being rather bad at selecting the right set for given situations.

What can I do when the opposition is defending tight, but still attack with plenty of people? When I go a bit attacking, they counter me. Going balanced/defensive they completely dominate me and break me down.

Attack vise the team is moving backwards. Little movement and players launching long shots all over the place, even though I have put them on rarely. A lot of those shots seems like bad decisions to me, as there are options available for the trigger happy players.

I suppose this might be down to me being rather bad at selecting the right set for given situations.

This scenario can have plenty of explanations. Firstly, I need to know how deep they sit when defending. Are they launching quick attacks or are they moving up-field slowly as a unit. Are they playing a direct one touch football or are they running with the ball ?

The solution would also be different if the opponent are an equal team of quality, a poor side etc..

This scenario can have plenty of explanations. Firstly, I need to know how deep they sit when defending. Are they launching quick attacks or are they moving up-field slowly as a unit. Are they playing a direct one touch football or are they running with the ball ?

The solution would also be different if the opponent are an equal team of quality, a poor side etc..

Both scenarios really, but mostly against teams playing quick, direct and countering.

Take a home game against a team like Villa. They launch quick counters, using two touches at most. To try and prevent these counters I usually choose balanced. Defensively it works ok, but not very threatening when going forward. Would it be an idea to try counter attacking to threaten them more? Their fullbacks move slightly into my own half so there is some room to exploit.

Both scenarios really, but mostly against teams playing quick, direct and countering.

Take a home game against a team like Villa. They launch quick counters, using two touches at most. To try and prevent these counters I usually choose balanced. Defensively it works ok, but not very threatening when going forward. Would it be an idea to try counter attacking to threaten them more? Their fullbacks move slightly into my own half so there is some room to exploit.

I would still say that Balanced is the correct approach against these teams playing a quick counter game. If they where to sit back even more,slowly moving up-field as a unit, then consider Control

The TM

- If at the highest level, a complete poacher. He needs to be smart ( anticipation, off the ball), be reasonably strong ( strength, stamina) and a focused player with good finishing skills ( determination, concentration, finishing and composure)

Is that not the poacher you are describing rather than the TM? The way you have described the TM previously is that he will come back and help out midfield. Should this not require a player with Work Rate, Passing, etc etc.?

Who did you use for the TM and Poacher when you managed Palace? This will help me look at the type of player as I cannot afford a Rooney ;-)

Is that not the poacher you are describing rather than the TM? The way you have described the TM previously is that he will come back and help out midfield. Should this not require a player with Work Rate, Passing, etc etc.?

Who did you use for the TM and Poacher when you managed Palace? This will help me look at the type of player as I cannot afford a Rooney ;-)

At Palace, I cant really remember ( that was in patch 10.1) but I would still go for a all-round player. If this is not possible, then a strong big guy is the better option

Just played this game, http://snuske.net/leknes/whslnd.png

As you can see the amount of long shots is high. West Ham are a poor side in this save, but I started out with balanced as they sent a few players forward. I was able to retain the ball and build up attacks, but this ended in long shots. As they switched to a more defensive style I continued using balanced as they left both strikers up front, playing off the shoulders of my defence. At this stage they started to launch long balls over my defence, just attacking with a few players, but as you can see, they managed to get a few good chances.

When they dropped one of the strikers behind the ball as well, I switched to control and dominated them. Still they launched long balls over the defence, but I had to do something. My team continued to shoot from distance without looking for other opportunities.

Not sure what to do, because there is clearly something not working as it should at the moment. I've upped the standard of players at the club without disrupting the team spirit and the squad is gelled.

second season. could not be, we were 2 nd, 1 single point of Ajax invincible. We got the great figure of 85 points, but not enough. The best thing, after we qualified for the Champions League, although not think we have many options to qualify.

Tabla

second season. could not be, we were 2 nd, 1 single point of Ajax invincible. We got the great figure of 85 points, but not enough. The best thing, after we qualified for the Champions League, although not think we have many options to qualify.

Tabla

looks like a good season there.

Tip: For the coming 3rd season, be carefull with telling the board and in the end the players to fininsh above the media prediction as this almost always backfire. if telling them that you should challenge for the title when you can aim lower, there is a risk that you put too much pressure on players that are slightly unmotivated after having had such a good last season. If having players that are 1.) under pressure and 2.) slightly complacecent, putting the pplayers under more pressure by saying " expect a.." might make them underperform, just as puting uner less pressure by saying " good luck" might make the complacent players not putting in the effort. In short, the balance between motivation, pressure, moral and generall confidence migght get unbalanced

I can handle losing to Newcastle at home and Eveton but not 3-0 at home to Sucnthorpe.

Newcastle - Played att but not with attacking fullbacks so tried both def and balanced. They tried many many through balls. we lost 1-0. Did I select correctly?

Sucnthorpe - They played 4-1-4-1 and appeared to play quick quickly, certainly not sitting back. I played Balanced to start and Att Home a little later and that was a big mistake. I man marked the single FC and turned on all OIs and I also unticked TM due to them playing a DM. We were never in this game. What should I have tried?

I can handle losing to Newcastle at home and Eveton but not 3-0 at home to Sucnthorpe.

Newcastle - Played att but not with attacking fullbacks so tried both def and balanced. They tried many many through balls. we lost 1-0. Did I select correctly?

Sucnthorpe - They played 4-1-4-1 and appeared to play quick quickly, certainly not sitting back. I played Balanced to start and Att Home a little later and that was a big mistake. I man marked the single FC and turned on all OIs and I also unticked TM due to them playing a DM. We were never in this game. What should I have tried?

Newcastle: I would have gone for Balanced

Scunthorpe: I would have gone for Control, not using a target man. the main thing here is to keep possessiona nd drag them out of position. Attack Home would probably be the worst choice. If you had been Man U, then they simply would not have been able to cope with Attack Home but as Palace lack in quality.. The scond best veriosn here would have been the old Attack away. You can recreate that one by just increasing the mentality with 3 notches ( both team and the individuall) and let the fullbacks make fwruns sometimes

Slightly inaccurate I would say. That is of course unless you actually have tried all 13 sets and all 6 versions within them over the course of at least 15 matches[/QUOte well, am nothing more than an relegation canditate, so yes. was very happy with your tactics on 09 tought, but you seem to have faded. unless you have any tips. trying out 4132 for 10,2 now, letting in 4 goals at home two home matches in a row aint fun

tbh, if you maybe could put me in the right direction... i am not ready to give up. my mate uses that domination tactic. but i sworn your sets are better as i really enjoyed them on 09, and i hate to lose. finished 14 last season. after 4 matches this season i have lost my first homegame 4-1 against toulouse and drawn the nest homegame 4-4 against some other crappy team. i was ready to put football manager on the shelves after that game. but after a good nights sleep, i am ready to turn it around. so please help tbh.

Newcastle: I would have gone for Balanced

Scunthorpe: I would have gone for Control, not using a target man. the main thing here is to keep possessiona nd drag them out of position. Attack Home would probably be the worst choice. If you had been Man U, then they simply would not have been able to cope with Attack Home but as Palace lack in quality.. The scond best veriosn here would have been the old Attack away. You can recreate that one by just increasing the mentality with 3 notches ( both team and the individuall) and let the fullbacks make fwruns sometimes

I still have the AttackAway that was in the 10.2 pack (4-1-3-2 Wide) but I rarely use it.

I think I may have been too negative. Next game away at Cardiff I decided to begin with Balanced. I would probably gone Defensive before. We took the lead but then Cardiff dominated possession. I was too slow to react and they equalised. I decided to try and grab the possession and so went for Control. We ended up winning 4-1! My best result so far.

I'm going to have ago with one of the sets. I usually don't use sets because I believe you only need a core tactic and tweak it to be more defensive/attacking depending on match situation. No harm in trying these though. Will probably go with Aston Villa and 442 with TM. I guess when Downing comes back I could also consider 433 and 4231 too but for now sticking with 442 as it seems to suit the team more.

Well, just played my first friendly, will probably play more tomorrow as I am getting a little tired. However it was an encouraging 9-1 win over Brentford away. Their goal came in the last minute, 25 yard strike from Carl Cort. However I started with Balanced and because we were comfortably 3-0 up after 15 mins I didn't change strategy as I felt no need. We we're holding onto the ball with a good lead so why change something which isn't broke? ;) Heskey and Agbonlahor got a double, Petrov got 4 (!) and Warnock got one as well. So we'll see what this can do tomorrow :)

tbh, if you maybe could put me in the right direction... i am not ready to give up. my mate uses that domination tactic. but i sworn your sets are better as i really enjoyed them on 09, and i hate to lose. finished 14 last season. after 4 matches this season i have lost my first homegame 4-1 against toulouse and drawn the nest homegame 4-4 against some other crappy team. i was ready to put football manager on the shelves after that game. but after a good nights sleep, i am ready to turn it around. so please help tbh.

Do you have theam to play a 42121 ? ( flat 4 - DMC, DMC - MC - AMR, AML - FC ). if so, I would start using the Balanced version within that set ( found in the OP big pack) and take it from there. Dont be afraid to use control against teams that play defensive and also dont be afraid of using defenisve at your home ground if up against a superior opponent

I'm using the 442 TM set with Donegal Celtic after gaining promotion to top flight. Only signed one player in midseason since I didn't really want to get rid of my intermediate treble winning squad, and it was Glentoran's (top club) reserve player.

But I think I got the knack of this so far. Only 4 games into the season:

Glenavon A 1-1

Cliftonville H 0-0 (this is the only game we played horribly, lucky to get the draw)

Crusaders A 2-0

Coleraine H 1-0

So sitting 2nd atm, pretty happy since my squad is inferior to all these teams by some margin. I mostly score scrap goals after defensive blunders, but conceding only 1 so far sounds great to me. So yeah, works pretty good for me :) and I like how it produces realistic football / results as well, and I still have to make tactical decisions during the game.

I'm really struggling with this set. I could really do with some advice.

I have worked some of it out. i.e. Against a counter attacking team (scout said and you can see they play CA) play Balanced and maybe drop def line 3 clicks.

But I cannot stop slow passing teams, or teams that try multiple through balls. I can beat Sheffield United away but I cannot beat Barnsley at home..... I played Att Home to begin with and dropped to Att Away when they dominated possession. They equalised in 90th min.

Is this correct?

e.g. Home against Ipswich - Scout says they play defensive and look to CA. I know Balanced worked last time so I will go for that. I don't want to go for Att Home here as I will give the ball away too easily and they will Counter me often. Att Away may work at home also? Actually, I am not that sure of when to use Att Home as I haven't had a decent game with it yet.

I check their setup (4-4-2) and wingers. the wingers are not one footed (only prefer a foot) so I don't show onto other foot.

Priskin up front is pretty quick so I will probably drop the def line by 3 clicks

Game starts and I notice it's drizzling. I change passing to 1st click of direct. They are slightly shading it (15mins) and I want to change something. Too late. Ipswich 1-0 up after a penalty. I leave things for now.

Ipswich are very defensive. All men behin the ball, 2 banks of very close to penalty box and even the 2 forwards are coming back nearer to our DMC. Control? I change to Control. I change Def Line to middle and passing to 1st click of direct.

It's more even. Then on 35 mins Ipswich change to "more atatcking". I notice their full backs are coming forward and there is alot of space behind them. Att Home or Counter? I go Att Home for the only reason that I am at home. t doesn't appear to be working. I was going to leave it until halftime but in the final min, 2-0 Ipswich.!

I don't know how they will start the 2nd half so I go back to Balanced and give the "I want to see more from you" speech

5 mins in and 3-0 down after it looked like balanced was working. I go with a tweaked Att Away. Nothing really to lose now but I'd like to see if I can dominate the last half an hour by picking correctly . Ipswich easily see out the game and always looked more likely to score the next goal.

Edit - I wrote that before the game ended. I actually chose Counter for he last 20mins and we got a goal back. Maybe Counter earlier would have been better!

It's not so much losing (although that is really annoying) it's not knowing what went wrong and so not even learning by my mistakes.

Any advice?

I'm really struggling with this set. I could really do with some advice.

I have worked some of it out. i.e. Against a counter attacking team (scout said and you can see they play CA) play Balanced and maybe drop def line 3 clicks.

But I cannot stop slow passing teams, or teams that try multiple through balls. I can beat Sheffield United away but I cannot beat Barnsley at home..... I played Att Home to begin with and dropped to Att Away when they dominated possession. They equalised in 90th min.

Is this correct?

e.g. Home against Ipswich - Scout says they play defensive and look to CA. I know Balanced worked last time so I will go for that. I don't want to go for Att Home here as I will give the ball away too easily and they will Counter me often. Att Away may work at home also? Actually, I am not that sure of when to use Att Home as I haven't had a decent game with it yet.

I check their setup (4-4-2) and wingers. the wingers are not one footed (only prefer a foot) so I don't show onto other foot.

Priskin up front is pretty quick so I will probably drop the def line by 3 clicks

Game starts and I notice it's drizzling. I change passing to 1st click of direct. They are slightly shading it (15mins) and I want to change something. Too late. Ipswich 1-0 up after a penalty. I leave things for now.

Ipswich are very defensive. All men behin the ball, 2 banks of very close to penalty box and even the 2 forwards are coming back nearer to our DMC. Control? I change to Control. I change Def Line to middle and passing to 1st click of direct.

It's more even. Then on 35 mins Ipswich change to "more atatcking". I notice their full backs are coming forward and there is alot of space behind them. Att Home or Counter? I go Att Home for the only reason that I am at home. t doesn't appear to be working. I was going to leave it until halftime but in the final min, 2-0 Ipswich.!

I don't know how they will start the 2nd half so I go back to Balanced and give the "I want to see more from you" speech

5 mins in and 3-0 down after it looked like balanced was working. I go with a tweaked Att Away. Nothing really to lose now but I'd like to see if I can dominate the last half an hour by picking correctly . Ipswich easily see out the game and always looked more likely to score the next goal.

Edit - I wrote that before the game ended. I actually chose Counter for he last 20mins and we got a goal back. Maybe Counter earlier would have been better!

It's not so much losing (although that is really annoying) it's not knowing what went wrong and so not even learning by my mistakes.

Any advice?

Think like this..

- Balanced as default..in the coming game, should I play much more attacking ? - Then use Control. If the answer is no, then stay with balanced until you see it fit to change version.

Should I play much more defensive ?...then use defensive. If the answer is no, then stay with balanced until you see it fit to change version.

If using Control and neither you or the opponent is threatening, then switch to Attack Home. If using Defensive ( and it defensively feels like the correct choice) but it feels like we could do with some more tempo to score, then switch to Counter

Just played this game, http://snuske.net/leknes/whslnd.png

As you can see the amount of long shots is high. West Ham are a poor side in this save, but I started out with balanced as they sent a few players forward. I was able to retain the ball and build up attacks, but this ended in long shots. As they switched to a more defensive style I continued using balanced as they left both strikers up front, playing off the shoulders of my defence. At this stage they started to launch long balls over my defence, just attacking with a few players, but as you can see, they managed to get a few good chances.

When they dropped one of the strikers behind the ball as well, I switched to control and dominated them. Still they launched long balls over the defence, but I had to do something. My team continued to shoot from distance without looking for other opportunities.

Not sure what to do, because there is clearly something not working as it should at the moment. I've upped the standard of players at the club without disrupting the team spirit and the squad is gelled.

I agree with this. I have been persevering with these sets because I know they can work but it is turning into every game is exactly like the game you had against West Ham. It started out as just a few games it would happen but then it became every game against every type of opposition (strong, weak, attacking, defensive etc.).

I am using the 4-2-3-1 tactic in 3 games i currently have running. In my two club games (Young Boys, Swiss League and Racing Genk, Belgian League) I have had good results and I came 2nd in both leagues. I am (obviously) very happy with my final place in the league in both however I should be winning so many more of the games that I am losing and drawing.

I tried tweaking the tactics to turn down all long range shots but the results are all the same and the number of chances are similar just fewer longs. It seems to me all the opposition goalkeepers are simply world class and all their Forwards are finishers in the Torres mould where they only need one chance and they always put it away.

Very frustrating but full marks for the tactical sets!!!! :) I shall keep tweaking and hopefully I shall succeed!!!!

This is an extreme example though and i think that normally, the problem lies in that we fail to keep possession against lesser teams, failing to regain the ball and lcose them down. Here, its not the tactic as such but the man management ( but i do get the point) so in th end this might not be the best example. In this game, I wouold probably have used Control as we face an inferior side, control or even Attack Home

This is an extreme example though and i think that normally, the problem lies in that we fail to keep possession against lesser teams, failing to regain the ball and lcose them down. Here, its not the tactic as such but the man management ( but i do get the point) so in th end this might not be the best example. In this game, I wouold probably have used Control as we face an inferior side, control or even Attack Home

I agree that game was extreme, however I have many more examples. Here are just a few more from both of my games. In these games I used varying tactics (All 4-2-3-1) mainly starting with Balanced and then moving to Control and finally (in most games) to Attack. I hope you understand I am not trying to say these tactics are no good, its quite the opposite, I am just trying to give constructive feedback. Overall I think these tactic sets are fantastic. How you set them all up is amazing. And to be quite honest you deserve some form of medal :)

Young Boys

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7701/bellinzona.png

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2834/baselq.png

Racing Genk

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7933/charleroi.png

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6554/roeselare.png

This is an extreme example though and i think that normally, the problem lies in that we fail to keep possession against lesser teams, failing to regain the ball and lcose them down. Here, its not the tactic as such but the man management ( but i do get the point)

In home games against lesser teams I mostly fail to dominate the teams, and what you mention about regaining the ball, closing down etc is very obvious in those games. They tend to play very slow and quickly drop deep if they lose the ball, leaving one or two strikers up front. In theese games I often start with balanced, but rather quick the opponent will start passing slowly arround and my team ends up ballwatching.

And you mention man management. This is a part of the game I'm not very good at. In most games motivation stats tells me the team plays ok. There might be a few confident players, but none fired up in the early parts of a game. If I check opposition, they seem to be more motivated. I'd like my players to be more focused and determined to win from the start of the game. Team talk reports tells me my players most of the time just don't care about what's said.

I agree that game was extreme, however I have many more examples. Here are just a few more from both of my games. In these games I used varying tactics (All 4-2-3-1) mainly starting with Balanced and then moving to Control and finally (in most games) to Attack. I hope you understand I am not trying to say these tactics are no good, its quite the opposite, I am just trying to give constructive feedback. Overall I think these tactic sets are fantastic. How you set them all up is amazing. And to be quite honest you deserve some form of medal :)

Young Boys

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7701/bellinzona.png

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2834/baselq.png

Racing Genk

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7933/charleroi.png

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6554/roeselare.png

..and indeed you are :thup:

The tweaks made to these sets - to suit 10.2 - are basically to avoid these false match stats, poor CCCs etc but it looks like I have failed in the set you use.

When the final patch is released, the sets will be much better. As they are now, I could have implemented some more workarounds and exploits but as these would have to be redone after 10.3, its better to wait until the final patch

..and indeed you are :thup:

The tweaks made to these sets - to suit 10.2 - are basically to avoid these false match stats, poor CCCs etc but it looks like I have failed in the set you use.

When the final patch is released, the sets will be much better. As they are now, I could have implemented some more workarounds and exploits but as these would have to be redone after 10.3, its better to wait until the final patch

I think you are being slightly unfair on yourself to say you "failed". If you can see my final league positions etc I am still succeeding its just in certain games I am having problems. I just can't wait for the next patch and hopefully these anomalies can be ironed out. Incidently my last 3 games since I last posted I have won 4 - 0. Go figure :)

Keep up the good work!

I think you are being slightly unfair on yourself to say you "failed". If you can see my final league positions etc I am still succeeding its just in certain games I am having problems. I just can't wait for the next patch and hopefully these anomalies can be ironed out. Incidently my last 3 games since I last posted I have won 4 - 0. Go figure :)

Keep up the good work!

the "failure" is not based on the results but to make the match stats look representative of what is happening on the pitch. When they are not, it makes version picking really hard.

I've just won the league in simliar fashion, but this time it was Chelsea who threw it away last game of the season :D

The Champions League really affected my form during the final third of the season. I had too many big games in the end and injuries and suspensions really took it's toll. Luckily still won though :)

Can't wait to see what season 4 brings you and see if you suffer the same sort of things that I just did. I've noone else to compare with atm :(

I've just won the league in simliar fashion, but this time it was Chelsea who threw it away last game of the season :D

The Champions League really affected my form during the final third of the season. I had too many big games in the end and injuries and suspensions really took it's toll. Luckily still won though :)

Can't wait to see what season 4 brings you and see if you suffer the same sort of things that I just did. I've noone else to compare with atm :(

I think i will continue using the 4411 formation but I do need a born leader in the AMC spot. Someone that has great teamwork and work rate and those are not easy to find, especially when I use the "Allardyce" transfer policy* in this save.

My biggest problem is, just as you pointed out, the squad depth. I simply dont have players to be able to be competitive both in Europe and in the domestic competition, not if injuries hit the team. I dont have many players playing for their country though, so most players will be fit for the coming 2012/13 season.

* 27-33 year old players that needs a new challenge, bringing them in on Bosman

I think i will continue using the 4411 formation but I do need a born leader in the AMC spot. Someone that has great teamwork and work rate and those are not easy to find, especially when I use the "Allardyce" transfer policy* in this save.

My biggest problem is, just as you pointed out, the squad depth. I simply dont have players to be able to be competitive both in Europe and in the domestic competition, not if injuries hit the team. I dont have many players playing for their country though, so most players will be fit for the coming 2012/13 season.

* 27-33 year old players that needs a new challenge, bringing them in on Bosman

Sorry to go off topic but have you tried Jadson for the AMC spot? Not influential as such but a great team player in FM.

Archived