FM2010 - The Better Half - Tactical Sets, NO TC

What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?

• 4-1-2-2-1 (Flat 4 - DMC - MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)
    • 4-1-2-2-1 ( Flat 4 - DMC- MR, ML - AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-2-3-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMR, AMC, AML - FC )
    • 4-2-3-1 Narrow (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMC, AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-3-2-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)

what tactic would you recommend for man united with the current squad,made my own but loose against lower teams and Chelsea often cause me problems,pull of lucky draws against them but they always seem to get a lot more chances than me and ccc's.

I think the DMC-AMC Box Midfield would suit your squad very good. The 4132 TM and 4312 will also be good formations

. Don't be afraid to use 2.Control when playing home against inferior teams

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE HAPPY HAMMER PROJECT 2010

MORE INFORMATIONM FOUND

HERE

28TH MATCH: MAN UNITED- HOME

STARTING VERSION: 5. BALANCED

This game had the chance of being the title decider. I choose 5.Balanced as a starting version as suspected their midfield would close down slightly higher up in the field ( compared to other teams coming to our home ground). I was absolutely correct and their approach backfired instantly as we scored 1-0 in the 7Th minute. They where just playing too aggressive without being close enough to their men, thereby being dragged out of position. They equalised straight away though ( 9Th minute) and after that the match was pretty even.

In the 2nd half I had bravely switched to 3.Attack Home and combined with a successful team talk ( hairdryer), we once again scored within the first minutes. I switched back to Balanced and as the game went on - Counter and finally my Shut Up shop version ( a Defensive 4141 with the counter box unticked

westunited.png

MORE INFORMATIONM FOUND

HERE

28TH MATCH: BLACKBURN- HOME

STARTING VERSION: 3. ATTACK HOME

'

I started by implementing the same OIs that had been so useful in my 2 previous matches against the same team.

Using Attack Home from the start, we pushed them back and created some chances. When they seemed to play even more cautious, I switched to Control, scoring 3-0 from 3 extremely good CCC´s.

After that we started to show complacency and they regained possession and control of the match, finally pulling back after having had 15 minutes of total domination creating loads of chances. I then made some subs and switched to Balanced and scored against, making the final result 4-1

blackburnbhiome.png

Poll added to the first post

- After finishing the first season with West Ham, The happy hammer project, I am going to make a new set, using a different team. If appreciating ( downloading or just getting inspiration from) the previous project, please vote on what set you would like to see next.

Also feel free to motivate your answer in the thread and at the same time make suggestions of what team that should be used in the coming project :thup:

MORE INFORMATION FOUND

HERE

-The start of the poor form, players getting nervous unable to cope with the pressure, some players showing complacency. NOT a good combination

FA CUP ARSENAL HOME

STARTING VERSION: 4. ATTACK AWAY

WE actually was 4-1 up and then everything fell apart, probably the whole season.

arselost.png

next game...

In all CCC´s the players had all the time in the world to just slot it home but they hesitated every time. The long shots where all from very good spots and taken under no pressure but landed right at the keeper. The players simply not being able to perform

wiganpoor.png

next game...

Again, we underperform fas their goals all where after scramble in the box and defenders unable to being under pressuree

polllost.png

next game...

4 of their goals came after our keeper got totally out of position after corners and crosses

Our goals where not scored form the CCC´s ( i checked during the match)

sundlost.png

and then we managed to win a game,in the 94Th minute, once again underperforming. The only player that managed to show some composure was the 2 subs, Collison ( scored the wining goal) and Noble ( setting it up) . All chances was very clear and also the longshots was taken under no pressure. The players are not up for it after this long season

Lesson learned: Need to rotate more during the season and spend some more time micromanaging the man-management

stokepoor.png

Hey, TBH

Nice to see you managed to win premier. I think it's an impressive achievement with West Ham.

I'm using you tactical sets for diamond formation. The results differ. Sometimes I dominate the game, sometimes players look like total crap... Final results also quite interesting 1-0, 1-1, 0-0 and 5-2, 4-4, 4-3. I think it's because I still make mistakes when choosing right tactics on right time. Also it's quite early to make big conclusions, because I played only 16 BSS games and my squad is not gelled yet. I made quite dramatic changes in summer transfer window... :)

Hey, TBH

I'm using you tactical sets for diamond formation.

I played only 16 BSS games .. :)

This set might be too hard for a BSS team due to the amount of space the 2 central players are to cover. Players in the lower leagues tend to struggle keeping the shape of the team/formation and their defensive position, thus, I am really looking forward for more feedback :thup:

TBH ...I am just starting a Ferencvaros career using your 4-1-3-2 set and in friendlies is doing great...I hope it'll work once official season is up and running...the Hungarian team is very poor so it will be a real challenge to bring 'em up where they belong :)

cheers,

Chenzo

i need help. i just cant seem to win the champions league, i was with chelsea for 3 years and won the epl, fa cup and league cup multiple times, but i could never get past the quarter finals (and i was draws against easy teams in the first knockout stage) but i struggle against good team like madrid etc., i can beat united, liverpool and arsenal in the premier league, but i cant win the champs league. I started a new game with AC Milan and i just played my second group game against real madrid and lost 2-0, how can i win the champions league??

i need help. i just cant seem to win the champions league, i was with chelsea for 3 years and won the epl, fa cup and league cup multiple times, but i could never get past the quarter finals (and i was draws against easy teams in the first knockout stage) but i struggle against good team like madrid etc., i can beat united, liverpool and arsenal in the premier league, but i cant win the champs league. I started a new game with AC Milan and i just played my second group game against real madrid and lost 2-0, how can i win the champions league??

That's some question. Realistically, you should not be able to win it every second year but perhaps every 8 year. After all, you are facing teams that are equal to you and in the late knock out stage, you should be down to 0,5 X 0,5 X 0,5 = 12,5 % chance.

Tactically speaking, i cant offer you any specific advice as every game is different but where you to use my 4132 TM, learning about the version picking, you should have a big advantage over the opponent.

TBH ...I am just starting a Ferencvaros career using your 4-1-3-2 set and in friendlies is doing great...I hope it'll work once official season is up and running...the Hungarian team is very poor so it will be a real challenge to bring 'em up where they belong :)

cheers,

Chenzo

Good luck with your season in Hungaria. I think that you might be able to get some help from my Happy Hammer project when it comes to the version picking in the sense that you - just like I - will use Control more and more as a default HOME-version as the season goes along. I the beginning of the season, mots teams tend to play rather attacking though, especially at their home ground

TBH do you think you can produce a quality set tree-shaped (4-3-2-1) ?

Thank you for your answer,

Chenzo

I have actually one that is in the betastage ( both a wide 4321 and a narrow, x.mas, 4321), will be uploaded in about a week

EDIT: I am using it now with Crystal Palace and its rocking :D

I have actually one that is in the betastage ( both a wide 4321 and a narrow, x.mas, 4321), will be uploaded in about a week

EDIT: I am using it now with Crystal Palace and its rocking :D

Great! :)

Once it will be ready I will certainly use it for my Juventus save (unless you want me to try it for like about 2 ingame months..if so please pm me a link and I will play throu the weekend and provide you feedback). I want to use the pontial of Giovinco, Sanchez, Diego, Vela + Nasri joining soon on a free transfer from Arsenal at the end of season 2011-12. The midfield is well packed with Melo, Marchisio, Sissoko, Veloso, De Rossi. I think the 4-3-2-1 narrow is a must with these players. Plus a bunch of regens willing to hit the road to success.

KUTGW

Chenzo

Great! :)

Once it will be ready I will certainly use it for my Juventus save (unless you want me to try it for like about 2 ingame months..if so please pm me a link and I will play throu the weekend and provide you feedback). I want to use the pontial of Giovinco, Sanchez, Diego, Vela + Nasri joining soon on a free transfer from Arsenal at the end of season 2011-12. The midfield is well packed with Melo, Marchisio, Sissoko, Veloso, De Rossi. I think the 4-3-2-1 narrow is a must with these players. Plus a bunch of regens willing to hit the road to success.

KUTGW

Chenzo

Will send you the link when I have finetuned the versions slightly.

TBH

(4321 narrow)

after short winter break 1st match won 3-0 (Vela, Diego, Giovinco)...quite impressive stats...need only to figure out about wasting long shots (partially due to wet pitch)

nuovaimmagineb.png

I'll keep going and post more after each match.

Chenzo

TBH

(4321 narrow)

after short winter break 1st match won 3-0 (Vela, Diego, Giovinco)...quite impressive

I'll keep going and post more after each match.

Chenzo

Those are a sign of using a to defensive version..Balanced ?. The very high passing completion comined with a big mumber od passes, but a low number of key passes would also indicate that

Those are a sign of using a to defensive version..Balanced ?. The very high passing completion comined with a big mumber od passes, but a low number of key passes would also indicate that

TBH

(4321 narrow)

Forgive me for my lack of understanding...I know basic English only...could you kindly explain a bit clearer the concept about passing?

Ingame I started with attack away then I saw them pushing around 70' and switched to counter scoring the 3rd in 92'

Thank you for your clarification,

Chenzo

BTW even thou it does not count my Primavera Team just won 6-0 using control :)

TBH

(4321 narrow)

Forgive me for my lack of understanding...I know basic English only...could you kindly explain a bit clearer the concept about passing?

Ingame I started with attack away then I saw them pushing around 70' and switched to counter scoring the 3rd in 92'

Thank you for your clarification,

Chenzo

BTW even thou it does not count my Primavera Team just won 6-0 using control :)

I meant that when having a passing completion of over 80 %...and making very few key passes,,,then you should use a more attacking version ( perhaps control), especially when you make all those long shots

I meant that when having a passing completion of over 80 %...and making very few key passes,,,then you should use a more attacking version ( perhaps control), especially when you make all those long shots

OK, I need to get back to school ASAP...now I get it! ;)

Thanks alot!

Next match 1/4 final Italian Cup vs Bologna (heavy underdog)

@TBH

4321 narrow

Juventus-Bologna 2-0

Wet pitch again + windy

I used a massive turnover (3 reserves+3 promising youngsters potential wonderkids or so)...used control for the whole match because they parked a colony of buses and a campfire for the whole match in front of their gk...note the bunch of 0's in their column...so far I feel comfy with these tactics...tough matches are coming starting from the next one vs Cagliari (relegation battler using 3-5-2) so we will know more about efficiency with standard starting 11

nuovaimmagine1.png

Cheers :)

And this is how the seson finished http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5016/84016838.jpg

i'm very pleased with the way this season gone,great job THE BETTER HALF,

i used yours 4132 set of tactics without any tweaks,i just hope that next season the tactic will not crash like all i used before.

It will not crash but you have to remember that at the start of next season, teams will play more aggressive against you then they did at the end of last season.

The images...

Clink on the envelop called Insert image and insert your link like this

(If still unsure, quote this post and you will see how its looks)

84016838.jpg

The specific team has to be picked to suit the formation used( and thats not decidded yet) so the suggestions would then be be a underdog in France

ST.Etienne is media prediction 12th,i manage atm to get them to top 5 atm in april with ur 4-1-3-2 set :D

Quite challenging,we have lost our brightest striker star to Lyon... Gomis.

our keeper Viviani to some other team....

Alot of talent tho in the youth,some decent players in the team,it have potential,especially on the defence and midfield,ALOT of decent / good midfielders

TBH,

I am curious, I was reading through your happy hammer project and when you played Liverpool and drew 3-3 you state in the post:

Implementing man-marking to get to their DMCs'

We started out by implementing the man-marking you can see in the screenshots beneath.

Can I ask what you meant by this? Did you set your whole team to man mark instead of zonal?

pool2.png

TBH,

I apologise if you've already answered this, but I could not find a similar question asked to you.

I am using Juventus. I would like to use the 4-1-3-2 (without target man). Could you tell me which formations you would use for Home matches, and Away matches against top teams. I would 'assume' the home tactic would be suitable when I play away to a poor team?

p.s. please let me know if you think it'd be best to use the 4-4-2 instead!

TBH,

I apologise if you've already answered this, but I could not find a similar question asked to you.

I am using Juventus. I would like to use the 4-1-3-2 (without target man). Could you tell me which formations you would use for Home matches, and Away matches against top teams. I would 'assume' the home tactic would be suitable when I play away to a poor team?

p.s. please let me know if you think it'd be best to use the 4-4-2 instead!

I think the 4132 will be the best option. I assume that by formation, you are referring to version.

Home against teams equal to us ( by status and/or table position,) I would probably use 4.Attack away and when playing at their ground 6.Counter. Against lesser and much more cautious teams in the Serie A, Control (home) and Attack away (away) will be your best version as the season goes along

I think the 4132 will be the best option. I assume that by formation, you are referring to version.

Home against teams equal to us ( by status and/or table position,) I would probably use 4.Attack away and when playing at their ground 6.Counter. Against lesser and much more cautious teams in the Serie A, Control (home) and Attack away (away) will be your best version as the season goes along

Hehe yes I did mean version :)

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know if anything interesting happens!

Thanks

Thanks

Looking forward to some feedback on how the set works with a top team. I am yest again using it with a middle team( media prediction 14Th). Currently sitting top after 9 matches with my Crystal Palace, 7-2-0, 18-4 23 points

Thanks

TBH & Bahumat

I am managing Juventus and I would like to share what is going on with my team. My experience is that I can't stick with a single shape when it comes version picking...I started to stick with 4321 (narrow) formation and different strategies but I found correct what my backroom staff was telling me about opposite tactic so I may have won like vs Parma but I played very bad and then I switched to 442 then to 4132...then 4321 (narrow) was amazing vs Fiorentina away (4-1), vs Palermo at home won 7-1 using 4321 (narrow) strategies and tested 4132 for 30 minutes, then I faced Inter 3 times in 8 days and experimented 4321, 41221 (wide), and 442...but all I can say is that I got 2W and 1D...the key was to just act like a manager and play the match seriously without forcing a single shape and and single strategy...does it make sense what I am trying to say?...I use TBH sets but I can't afford a specific shape due to the fact that I get in heavy troubles if I do and risk underperformances and disappoint fans & chairman...so I stick with 4321, 4132, 41221 (wide), 4222, 4231 (from another tactic creator)...so maybe I am not doing it right but I do not like to see my team perform badly onlu because I am a fan of 4321 (narrow)...so I do what needs to be done and so far it still works...fortunately I have players to afford all the shapes I am using...Melo works incredibly as a playmaker, De Rossi takes care of the screening in front of the DL, Diego, Sanchez, Giovinco, Vela, Amauri take care of the threat vs opposite defensive setup mainly set as bus in front of the goal...giving me hard times 'til I break through...one little bit of advice is that as a Juventus I use mainly control versions no matter the shape I pick for the starting 11. Really managing at this point if I want to play FM10 otherwise I just get back to FM07 if I want to play it in an easier way ;)

Ciao,

Chenzo :)

One important note I almost forgot to mention...BIG THANK YOU TBH for you excellent job. :)

I think I understand what you are saying Chenzo. Some teams will be weaker against a 4-1-2-2-1 than a 4-1-3-2 so it does make sense to use different formations. However you do experience the 'gel' problem. If you are using different formations all the time, the players wont 'grow into their positions'.

I think I prefer to use different versions of the same formation like TBH has provided. This lets us change our mentality against the opposition without changing the team structure.

I think I understand what you are saying Chenzo. Some teams will be weaker against a 4-1-2-2-1 than a 4-1-3-2 so it does make sense to use different formations. However you do experience the 'gel' problem. If you are using different formations all the time, the players wont 'grow into their positions'.

I think I prefer to use different versions of the same formation like TBH has provided. This lets us change our mentality against the opposition without changing the team structure.

@Bahumat

I know what you mean...in fact I try to use 4321 narrow mainly but let's just say something based on my experience...it does not work never ever vs Genoa (343), Napoli (352), Bari (442), Parma (442) and more but works wonder vs any 4312 formation if I pick the right strategy. Vs Roma (3412) I work with 4231 (wide) home and 41221 (wide) away...I take notes and then later on I go and read what I did maybe the past season...it is just a philosophy I follow because I have been beaten from underdogs using shapes that I must have faced with different tactic setup...and as far as my players morale, gelling, and roles I must say that once the results are positive and I appreciate their work so I become a their favourite they just grow better and better including youngsters...this is what I meant by saying that I must act like a true manager and not as a "click and play"...I have become a maniac of micromanaging their lives as well ;) ...oh and don't worry...fine them if you feel they deserve it...I don't care if they like it or not and someone was sold just for irritating me...of course teamtalk is a key aspectas well. My assman takes care of most of press conference...I still have Neri...been 3 season with him.

Cheers,

Chenzo :)

Archived