[FM10] Journeyman Career Game

crouchaldinho

Might as well join the fun in here. All home nations, major European ones, Argieland and Brazil fully loaded. FM08.0.2 fwiw. Currently in 2062-63 so I'll just sum it up a bit here.

Dad:

Started his trade at Albion Rovers in Scotland's Third. After a dubitative start in which he was almost sacked, he somewhat found a way not to **** his players and never looked back. Stayed there from 2007 until 2048, turning them into Scotland's domestic powerhouse and a serious European Contender (18 SPL titles, some umpteen Cups, two UEFAs and three finals lost in UCL)

However, mermaid chants came from south in the border and a League One struggling Manchester United came calling for him. He stayed there from 2048 until 2057, getting them a promotion or two 5 EPL titles, 9 Cups, three European Supercups, two UEFAs two World Club Championships and two successive UCLs.

He was about to retire then at 80, but Juve asked him for one more season and set him the challenge to break Barletta's iron fist stranglehold of Serie A. Thus, with a clean sweep of the Italian (Serie A and Coppa Italia) and a last UCL in where he had to beat Albion in Quarters and Manchester United in the Final the good man called it a day in June 2058.

Son:

I was about to ditch FM08, I really was, but something urged me to push until the seasonal update and boy I'm glad I heeded the impulse. A team who had never been playable emerged from obscurity and nothingness. The culprits: Larne Technology Old Boys.

Son joined them on 20th June 2058 and after a shaky 1st season in which he almost got the sack for not achieving what the Chairman asked for (promotion of xure), he somehow dodged the dreaded axe and got Larne a second team in Northern Ireland's Premier by 2061-62. He also managed to win the domestic title that very same season.

2062-63 will see Larne OBs in their first ever european foray. Some finnish team in the first qualifying round and Maccabi Haifa in the second were we able to negotiate that tricky 1st tie. The board also want the domestic title and two domestic Cups. Demanding? That must be the chairman's surname if I'm honest.

However I have a hidden ace in my sleeve. Before my scout was nicked by Albion Rovers (where he played his trade back in the 30s as a D/WB R) he unearthed a gem of the highest calibre. A sixteen years old pacy and technically gifted striker whom we stole from Linfield for a meager 5k. He looks a massive prospect and could even turn out from 'Wallace'-esque to 'Smylie'-esque (though I'm afraid his dribbling is a tad too low for the later :()

Anyone still reading? If so, sorry for the long post and keep smiling.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have high hopes for the upcoming season, have done plenty of shopping and got a young squad who will only improve with some great prospects for the future. Whether it's a waste of money or good investments only time will tell.

I had a look at my old clubs to see how they were doing:

Aberystwyth have basically won everything since I've left, not sure if I should be pleased I left behind a good squad with decent finances or gutted that they don't miss me. Still using a lot of my signings with them also being the best players still.

Plymouth gained promotion from league one although not bothered about them as I was only there six months which isn't long enough to make a real impact.

Season   Country    Club             Division                                 Finish       Other
2009/10  Wales      Aberystwyth      Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    League Cup Winner
2010/11  Wales      Aberystwyth      Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    FA Cup Winner
2011/12  Wales      Aberystwyth      Principality Welsh Premier               3rd        
Resigned in January, Plymouth start 14th
2011/12  England    Plymouth         League One                               7th
Resigned in May
2012/13  S.Africa   Free State Stars Premier Soccer League                    10th

Season   Country       Competition                              Finish
2009/10  Cook Islands  OCE Nations Cup                          3rd in Premlim Table
2010/11  Cook Islands  None                                     N/A
2011/12  Cook Islands  OCE Nations Cup                          3rd in Prelim Table
Resigned in January
2011/12  Togo          World Cup Quals - Stage 2 (Afr)                    1st in Qual Group - Stage 2
2012/13  Togo          World Cup Quals - Stage 3 (Afr)  

Might as well join the fun in here. All home nations, major European ones, Argieland and Brazil fully loaded. FM08.0.2 fwiw. Currently in 2062-63 so I'll just sum it up a bit here.

Dad:

Started his trade at Albion Rovers in Scotland's Third. After a dubitative start in which he was almost sacked, he somewhat found a way not to **** his players and never looked back. Stayed there from 2007 until 2048, turning them into Scotland's domestic powerhouse and a serious European Contender (18 SPL titles, some umpteen Cups, two UEFAs and three finals lost in UCL)

However, mermaid chants came from south in the border and a League One struggling Manchester United came calling for him. He stayed there from 2048 until 2057, getting them a promotion or two 5 EPL titles, 9 Cups, three European Supercups, two UEFAs two World Club Championships and two successive UCLs.

He was about to retire then at 80, but Juve asked him for one more season and set him the challenge to break Barletta's iron fist stranglehold of Serie A. Thus, with a clean sweep of the Italian (Serie A and Coppa Italia) and a last UCL in where he had to beat Albion in Quarters and Manchester United in the Final the good man called it a day in June 2058.

Son:

I was about to ditch FM08, I really was, but something urged me to push until the seasonal update and boy I'm glad I heeded the impulse. A team who had never been playable emerged from obscurity and nothingness. The culprits: Larne Technology Old Boys.

Son joined them on 20th June 2058 and after a shaky 1st season in which he almost got the sack for not achieving what the Chairman asked for (promotion of xure), he somehow dodged the dreaded axe and got Larne a second team in Northern Ireland's Premier by 2061-62. He also managed to win the domestic title that very same season.

2062-63 will see Larne OBs in their first ever european foray. Some finnish team in the first qualifying round and Maccabi Haifa in the second were we able to negotiate that tricky 1st tie. The board also want the domestic title and two domestic Cups. Demanding? That must be the chairman's surname if I'm honest.

However I have a hidden ace in my sleeve. Before my scout was nicked by Albion Rovers (where he played his trade back in the 30s as a D/WB R) he unearthed a gem of the highest calibre. A sixteen years old pacy and technically gifted striker whom we stole from Linfield for a meager 5k. He looks a massive prospect and could even turn out from 'Wallace'-esque to 'Smylie'-esque (though I'm afraid his dribbling is a tad too low for the later :()

Anyone still reading? If so, sorry for the long post and keep smiling.

That is a very impressive career.... Well done on that

More on Larne Tech Old Boys' 2062-63 first european foray:

Oh. My. God! :D

Successfully negotiated CL preliminary 1 against a finnish team 1-1 at home and a magnificent 2-3 win away.

Convincingly beated Maccabi Tel Aviv in CL preliminary 2 5-1 :eek: at home and 2-2 draw in the promised land.

We do draw Bayern München in the 3rd preliminary round. We get stuffed 5-0 at the Allianz, but the Bavarians don't even turn out to the away draw and we completely outplay them to get a deserved 1-0 win at home :eek: \o/

Out of the UCL, but we do get the consolation of going into UEFA 1st round where we draw Pisa. With a decent result at our place I'll be more than chuffled. You can't ask much more from the lads.

The existing update is more summed up than what you have here and is at a place with restricted entrance :D

You can digg the beginning and the last 15 seasons or so from the 'What's keeping me going on... 08' thread in LLM. It all starts in page 3 IIRC, but the SPL seasons might not be there.

That being said, I might spend the odd hour or two digging out details from the save and post it around here in its very own thread.

The existing update is more summed up than what you have here and is at a place with restricted entrance :D

You can digg the beginning and the last 15 seasons or so from the 'What's keeping me going on... 08' thread in LLM. It all starts in page 3 IIRC, but the SPL seasons might not be there.

That being said, I might spend the odd hour or two digging out details from the save and post it around here in its very own thread.

I think you should definitely do that UELLfan. Sounds like it would make a very interesting read. :thup:

C.

Update

Free State Stars - The club were expected to finish 10th again and based on how the first half of the season went that was how it looked like going, we sucked plain and simple and even got knocked out of the Knockout cup in the first round. after getting sick of dodgy results I decided to give the youths more freedom and promoted several up from the U19 side and stuck them in at the deep end as the saying goes and they luckily rose to the challenge. I now have youths playing at DL, DC, MC, ST and 2 of the sub slots.

We finished 3rd in the league which gets us in next seasons continental competitions (their UEFA cup basically) and we reached the FA Cup finalists but sadly were the second best team on the day.

Togo - Doing ok but it all depends on man City striker Adebayor, so we're basically a one man team. We reached the world cup which is amazing although I can't see us doing much there in a group with Sweden, Uruaguay and Portugal - but it should boost my reputation. Will look to leave the team afterwards for one with a better chance of success, i.e. two good players - lol. Togo also reached the Q-finals of the African Nations but lost to Mali on penalties.

Season   Country    Club             Division                                 Finish       Other
2009/10  Wales      Aberystwyth      Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    League Cup Winner
2010/11  Wales      Aberystwyth      Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    FA Cup Winner
2011/12  Wales      Aberystwyth      Principality Welsh Premier               3rd          Resigned in January
2011/12  England    Plymouth         League One                               7th          Resigned in May
2012/13  S.Africa   Free State Stars Premier Soccer League                    10th
2013/14  S.Africa   Free State Stars Premier Soccer League                    3rd          FA Cup Finalists

2009/10  Cook Islands  OCE Nations Cup                          3rd in Premlim Table
2010/11  Cook Islands  None                                     None
2011/12  Cook Islands  OCE Nations Cup                          3rd in Prelim Table
2011/12  Togo          World Cup Quals - Stage 2 (Afr)          1st in Qual Group - Stage 2
2012/13  Togo          World Cup Quals - Stage 3 (Afr)          1st in Qual Group - Stage 3
2013/14  Togo          World Cup / African Nations		Group Stage* / Q-Finals

*ongoing

Wales - Aberystwyth
Principality Welsh Premier Title (2010, 2011)
Loosemans League Cup (2010)
Welsh FA Cup (2011)
Manager of the Year (2010, 2011)
Manager of the Month (x4)

England - Plymouth
Manager of the Month (x1)

South Africa - Free State Stars & Togo
Coach of the Year (2012, 2013)
Manager of the month (x1)

Think we need more people using this thread :p

Free State Stars - Well I made a £1.2M striker signing at the beginning to solve the goal scoring issues and he managed 49 goals in 47 games which as you can guess made it a more fun season. We won the Charity cup right at the beginning before being knocked out of the Super 8 cup in the first round. We quickly went to the top of the table which was where we stayed the whole time, and along the way being knocked out of the Knockout cup and won the FA cup. I would write more of an update but am cold and I doubt many people visit this thread anymore.

Still currently doing the Confederations Cup and will start the African Champions League in the new season.

Season   Country    Club              Division                                 Finish       Other
2009/10  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    League Cup Winner
2010/11  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    FA Cup Winner
2011/12  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier               3rd          Resigned in January
2011/12  England    Plymouth          League One                               7th          Resigned in May
2012/13  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    10th
2013/14  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    3rd          FA Cup Finalists
2014/15  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    1st          FA Cup Winners, Charity Cup Winners

2011/12  Togo          World Cup Quals - Stage 2 (Afr)          1st in Qual Group - Stage 2
2012/13  Togo          World Cup Quals - Stage 3 (Afr)          1st in Qual Group - Stage 3
2013/14  Togo          World Cup / African Nations		Group Stage / Q-Finals
2014/15  Togo          African Nations Qual                     Resigned in March

Cool

Been knocked out of the Charity Cup and Super 8 cup at the first hurdle - oooops. But due to the vast number of games I currently have I'm kinda pleased as am rotating like never before. Boosted the squad by another 6 members to deal with this but it's not the same :p In the final of the African Confederations Cup against another South African side which I know I can beat :)

Hi guys been reading this thread with interest since it started and so i am giving my spurs game a rest and starting one of these games up.

Leagues Loaded

England

Down to Blue Square North and South

Holland

Down to the Jupiler League

Italy

Down to Serie C2

Ireland

Premier Division

N.Ireland

Premier Division

Portugal

Down To Liga Vitalis

Scotland

Down to Division 3

Spain

Down to Second Division B4

Wales

Premier Division

So starting with Sunday League Experience after a day i got offered the Chester City job but declined it as i didnt want to start in the English league just yet a day later however Aberystwyth offered me a two year deal which i have taken so Wales is where my hopefully long and succesfull career will start

You should have a good time in Wales, I found it a nice stay for two and a half years and all it takes is a couple decent signings and you'll be winning the league.

I resigned from Togo in March last season as I felt I couldn't take them any further and left them ranked 30th, when I started they were around 78th(?) - can't really remember exact number. I plan on taking over a proper country after the upcoming Euro 2016.

So starting with Sunday League Experience after a day i got offered the Chester City job but declined it as i didnt want to start in the English league just yet a day later however Aberystwyth offered me a two year deal which i have taken so Wales is where my hopefully long and succesfull career will start

Lucky, they turn me down every time I start unemplyed. Sure you have Sunday League?

I think that my save is going tits up quick.

Had three news items allowing me to discipline players missing training. The weird thing is those three players were not from my team. All from different obscure non-active countries and none of them in my shortlist :confused:

Aston Villa approached me on £41k a week, but am so close to by African goal >.<

and now Man Utd on £64k O_O

It's strange how what my plans were in this career game were and how they're not being followed. I expected to bounce around the smaller nations, winning their continental trophies before ending up in England or Spain to win the biggest league and champions league. I didn't expected to be linked, or offered jobs at Aston Villa, Liverpool or Man Utd so soon which is really annoying. Because as much I would love to have £50M to spend at one of the worlds biggest clubs; I know this is my best chance of winning the African champions league without having to re-visit the nation at a later date.

Have now left Free State Stars for Argentina's Boca Juniors - a team currently 7th despite being predicted 1st. So am hoping for instant success in this country.

Season   Country    Club              Division                                 Finish       Other
2009/10  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    League Cup Winner
2010/11  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier               Champions    FA Cup Winner
2011/12  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier               3rd          Resigned in January
2011/12  England    Plymouth          League One                               7th          Resigned in May
2012/13  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    10th
2013/14  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    3rd          
2014/15  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    1st          FA Cup Winners, Charity Cup Winners
2015/16  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    1st          African Confederations Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners, Knockout Cup Winners
2016/17  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                                 African Champions League Winners, Charity Cup Winners, Super 8 Cup Winners
2016/17  Argentina  Boca Juniors      Premier Division

2014/15  Togo          African Nations Qual                     Resigned in March
2015/16
2016/17  Tunisia

Cheers and I've been offered jobs with Man Utd and Aston Villa quite recently, but want to do the leagues I've done less often before conquering England. Luckily I declared interest in Boca and they sacked their manager for me to join.

Larne Technology Old Boys. 2062-63 N.Iron Premier

8 players in for £5k.

12 released.

9 players sold for £2.6 million and 35 to 50% on next transfer.

Europe: Out of the UCL in Quals 3rd against eventual winners Bayern München. Out of UEFA Cup on 1st round 2-3 agg against Pisa.

Cups: Clean sweep domestically, managed to win the All Ireland Cup despite being outplayed by our Irish counterparts. Thanks to the Lord for our awesome free kicks taker.

League: A season of consolidation. Retained without less trouble than last season.

Playes watch: 17 yo jewel had a quite accidented season. Still 23 goals for his first competitive season and bearing in mind he has had injuries worth 9 weeks ain't that bad I guess. His low stamina means he gets quite some injuries. For the moment I'm playing him in the dying minutes and when our first choice ain't fit enough. Luckily our first choice striker (and free kicks taker) delivered the goods with 58 goals. The two new playmakers slotted into the team quite well scoring 30 and providing 35 combined.

We do need a quicker defence.

Cheers, the club are expected to finish 1st so the squad isn't too bad. Have added as new DL, DC and MC to bolster the squad better for when there are injuries and a future FC who looks amazing at only 17, so I think I have a chance. Am in the Copa Libertadores group stage (am hoping thats their Champions league) which could make my stay in Argentina a quick one if all goes to plan.

In last years career game I took at least one player from my old club to my new club which was kinda cool. I think one guy called Draper played for me at three different clubs in three countries. The players seem less willing this time, I think the move from South African to Argentina is not appealing enough despite the larger wages.

I've just started a new game with patch 2 on FM10. I'm on a large database with the top 2 leauges from italy, spain, france, germany, holland and portugal and england down to the BSP and all the scottish leagues. I picked american nationality with past experience set to sunday league footballer. I holidayed until the first job offer which was from east stirling in the scottish 3rd division. Taken over them in March 2010 and they are in 5th place in the league. Going to take them as far as i can!

I've just started a new game with patch 2 on FM10. I'm on a large database with the top 2 leauges from italy, spain, france, germany, holland and portugal and england down to the BSP and all the scottish leagues. I picked american nationality with past experience set to sunday league footballer. I holidayed until the first job offer which was from east stirling in the scottish 3rd division. Taken over them in March 2010 and they are in 5th place in the league. Going to take them as far as i can!

Well i was PROMOTED via the playoffs at the first time of asking! Loving it!

Boca Update

Like I've posted before, it was fun. We won 17 of the final 19 games of the season which put us top of the league closing stage and top overall so the title in now back in the Boca trophy cabinet. We also won the South American Copa Liberatadores with a penalty shootout win over Sao Paulo after a 3-3 agg draw. Although I've done my job in this continent I will be staying here for another year to win the remaining cups and to boost my own personal trophy cabinet, plus half a season would have been too short anyway to find out about the Argentinian league.

2013/14  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    3rd          
2015/16  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                    1st          African Confederations Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners, Knockout Cup Winners
2016/17  S.Africa   Free State Stars  Premier Soccer League                                 African Champions League Winners, Charity Cup Winners, Super 8 Cup Winners
2016/17  Argentina  Boca Juniors      Premier Division                         1st          Copa Liberatadores Winners
2017/18  Argentina  Boca Juniors      Premier Division

2015/16
2016/17  Tunisia       World Cup Quals                          Ongoing
2017/18  Tunisia       World Cup

Tunisia look set to fail to reach the world cup which will suck but we've not been playing anywhere near as good as we should have been. I'll resign if we do fail it as we have the players, just not the results.

Been offered a job at Houston but managed to make them wait until the end of the season for a decision as I think that it's too soon to move on from South America.

More on Larne Tech Old Boys' 2062-63 first european foray:

Oh. My. God! :D

Successfully negotiated CL preliminary 1 against a finnish team 1-1 at home and a magnificent 2-3 win away.

Convincingly beated Maccabi Tel Aviv in CL preliminary 2 5-1 :eek: at home and 2-2 draw in the promised land.

We do draw Bayern München in the 3rd preliminary round. We get stuffed 5-0 at the Allianz, but the Bavarians don't even turn out to the away draw and we completely outplay them to get a deserved 1-0 win at home :eek: \o/

Out of the UCL, but we do get the consolation of going into UEFA 1st round where we draw Pisa. With a decent result at our place I'll be more than chuffled. You can't ask much more from the lads.

Jordi in out of LLM shocker. ;)

You say that as if LLM was some closet one had to 'get out' somehow.

I saw lots of usual suspects flooding this forum and thought I might as well join the fun.

Mind, my career save's health is beyond savageability I'm afraid. This month I've been offered the option to discipline players who ain't at my club for:

1.- Missing training in a non active league.

2.- Sending offs

3.- Them being unhappy at me not selling them (despite them not playing at my club)

:D

They might not be the seven signs of the apocalypse, but I fell they might be a good indicator that I finally have to start a new career and let this good save have its well earned rest and a right deserved entrance into Jordi's top 5 LLM careers.

Save game messed up but luckily my rotated file was only a week behind and didn't have to replay a single game which was nice.

not sure what to do, stay with Boca or move to Houston Dynamo - can't keep asking them to wait but at the same time I'm doing really well as Boca and a couple more titles would look good on the ol' CV.

Won the Argentinian league quite easily, started with a good squad and the youths I bought have only improved the squad, have started looking for new jobs, been turned down in Australia and South Korea (twice) so far which sucks as I am meant to have a world-class reputation. The club don't like me doing it but after winning trophies they don't wanna sack me for it either so it's quite handy.

World Cup 2018 (hosted in England) is on going so should have an International team to manage soon :)

2011/12  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier                            Resigned in January
2016/17  Argentina  Boca Juniors      Premier Division                         1st          Copa Liberatadores Winners
2017/18  Argentina  Boca Juniors      Premier Division                         1st          Copa Sudamericana

2015/16
2016/17  Tunisia       World Cup Quals                          2nd
2017/18  Tunisia       African Nations

Knocked out of the Copa Liberatadores in the semi-finals against velez who I really should have beaten and then lost against Sao Paula in the Copa Recoupa which gives me a bad ending to my time at Boca :(

Been offered International jobs after the World Cup with Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Uruguay, World Cup runners up Mexico and World Cup winners Italy. Not sure who to go for between Mexico, Italy and Saudi Arabia :p

Yeah have always had a little soft spot for Mexico so should be good, especially with the Gold Cup and Copa America expected to happen within the next twleve months. Despite doing well with clubs I'm yet to win an International trophy so this should end that. Mexico are now ranked 6th in the world so chances are good.

Columbus has been ok so far, signed Kim Kallstrom to better my midfield but am SO not used to the different rules :S

Added - Just found out am in the North American Champions League :D

Well that didn't go to plan, we finished second in the Eastern Conference after throwing away a five point lead and then lost to Kansas in the Eastern finals so no trophies for me in America yet. Although we're in the North American Champions League still; but were due to face Atlas in the semi finals and I can't see us getting past them unfortunately. Not sure how next season will go, not used to the contacts/signings differences in this country and I'v'e never done the MLS before so doubt I will get as good a squad as normal together during the pre-season.

Is anyone else even doing a career game any more?

I won the MLS now, used the same strategy as before, sign youths and wait until they grow :) Works well in the weaker leagues where they can have a good impact early on, downside is I have tons of teams sniffing over my players. Lost my ace DL due to the damn chairman accepting a bid. Also won the Pan-Pacific Championship although thats basically worthless any way.

With Mexico I won the Gold cup breaking the record for goals scored along the way, I think at one stage my results were 7-0, 5-0, 6-0, 5-1 :p Reached the finals of the Copa America but lost on penalties - bah :p

Have started to notice the game running slow now, which should worry several people as I'm only running 7 countries and like 11 leagues (game is off and I am trying to remember) and my PC is quite new. Am no where near too slow but though I'd comment on it.

2011/12  Wales      Aberystwyth       Principality Welsh Premier                            Resigned in January
2017/18  Argentina  Boca Juniors      Premier Division                         1st          Copa Sudamericana
2018/19  America    Columbus Crew     MLS                                      2nd
2019/20  America    Columbus Crew     MLS                                      1st
2020/21  America    Columbus Crew     MLS                                                   Pan-Pacific Championship Winners

2015/16
2016/17  Tunisia       World Cup Quals                          2nd
2017/18  Tunisia       African Nations
2018/19  Mexico
2019/20  Mexico        Gold Cup / Copa America                  Winners / Runners-Up
2020/21  Mexico

Archived