A-League Expansion

ruttiger_ruttiger

yes, just create another competition with a different Competition level (should = 2 as the first division will = 1). Then in the nation rules just make sure there is a number for relegation in the top division and promotion for the one below.

Anyway, back to my edit, even with using the A-League as the top division ACL still doesnt work so not much point to do this. Will go back to created competition as the top division and will try delete the A-League and see if that helps.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you give me a brief description of your 7 division league please Merc? I'm not getting the game for another 2 and a bit weeks so I can't test it out yet.

Has anyone considered putting Josh Kennedy into the A League? He's not in the original game due to J League licencing issues. Unless a league is created for Japan (is that even allowed in the editor due to the licencing issues?), he won't be in the game. I suppose that he could be created as a free agent though.

Perhaps he could be the marquee player for one of these A League clubs that you guys are making up.

Teams are as follows - are are real teams and all are from the database. They were seeded on reputation except for the state institute of sport teams who have no financials and are basically useless, so they were shunted to the bottom league.

Attendances and max crowds have been tweaked to be realistic to a league of this structure, and with an eye to further promotion.

1. A-League (10 teams x 4 rounds for 36 games)

(Bottom side relegated automatically.

Second last plays second in the A2 League)

Same teams as now.

2. A2 League (18 teams x 2 rounds for 34 games)

(Bottom two sides relegated automatically. Third last plays off against third C-league team)

Adelaide City

Auckland City

Blacktown City

Brisbane Strikers

Floreat Athena

Hume City

Manly Utd

Marconi

Melbourne Knights

North East Metrostars

Perth SC

South Melbourne

Sunshine Coast SC

Sydney Olympic

Sydney United

Team Wellington

Waikatere

Wollongong

3. C-League (18 teams x 2 rounds for 34 games)

(Bottom three relegated automatically)

AIS

Altona Magic

Bankstown City

Brisbane Olympic

Campbelltown City

Canterbury Dragons

Dandenong Thunder

Frankston Pines

Green Gully

Otago Utd

Palm Beach

Preston Lions

Richmond

Rochedale Rovers

Sorrento

Waikato

West Sydney Berries

YoungHeart

4. D-League (20 teams x 2 rounds for 38 teams)

(Bottom three down automatically)

Armadale

Blue Eagles

Bonnyrigg White Eagles

Capricorn Cougars

Cockburn City

Fawkner

Hawkes Bay

Heidelberg

Inglewood

Macarthur Rams

Modbury

NQ Razorbacks

Oakleigh

Penrith Nepean

Raiders

Sunshine GC

Sutherland Sharks

Swan IC

Sydney Tigers

Western Knights

5. D2 League (20 teams x 2 rounds for 38 teams)

Adelaide Hills Hawks

Brisbane City

Brisbane FC Wolves

Bundaberg Spirit

ECU Joondalup

Galaxy

Kingston City

Logan United FC

Miramar

North Pine Utd

North Star

Para Hills

Peninsula Power

Pine Rivers Utd

Queensland Lions

Redlands

Stirling Lions

Western Strikers

Whitsunday Miners

Whittlesea

6. D3 League (20 teams x 2 rounds for 38 teams)

Belconnen United

Bulleen

Canberra FC

Canning City

Capalaba

Central Coast Lightning

Cumberland Utd

Easts

FNQ Bulls

Fremantle Spirit

Glenfield

Island Bay

Lake Macquarie

Mandurah City

Mitchelton FC

Mt Gravatt

Souths Utd

Taringa Rovers

Wanneroo

White City

7. D4 League (20 teams x 2 rounds for 38 teams)

(Bottom two down automatically)

Azzurri FC

Canberra City

Canberra Olympic

Devonport City

Glenorchy Knights

Ipswich Knights

Kingborough

Launceston

Launceston City

NSW Institute of Sport

O'Connor Knights

Queensland Academy of Sport

South Australian Institute of Sport

South Hobart

Tilford

Tuggeranong

Victorian Institute of Sport

West Australian Institute of Sport

Weston FC

Woden Valley FC

Cups -

Pacific Supercup

256 teams including all Australian and NZ sides in the database plus the Thai, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesian premier leagues and a handful of their lower division sides to make up the numbers.

D-League Cup - just the 88 d-league sides.

I'll be working on a logos pack too.

Supermercado - have you tried playing as one of the sports institutes? Either state or AIS. Can you actually manage them?

Yes, but there's no finances so you can't sign new players. That's ok for the AIS because they start with a full squad but the others only have a handful of players - the AI seems to add a few but all the state ones are still mid-table at best in my bottom league.

AIS would be worth a go with, but just bear in mind that you're effectively playing with a team stripped of its financial side and will effectively be reliant on regens every year. I believe this is hardcoded into the game, and other than deleting them and readding them to the DB which I won't be doing, I don't see a way to change it.

now that the game is out I guess I am free to say that the reason I wasn't on here much over the last few months was that I was involved in the testing for the editor.

The editor is amazing, it is possible you to make a continental competition (of sorts) and I have even built a 14 tier (yes, 14!) Asian competition with at least 2 clubs from every Asian nation competing (Japanese, Saudi, and surprisingly Australian clubs generally do the best).

Can't wait to see what RR does the editor this time around!

I've made a 7 league A-League structure. I want the bottom team of a division to have to do a playoff with the winner of the lower division to determine if they get promoted. Is it possible? I can't seem to get it going at the moment, currently the team that comes 2nd has a playoff with the 2nd bottom team from the league above!

I think i'm going to wait for some people (such as ruttiger) to release their expanded leagues and rather than make my own I will just have a fiddle with theirs to get it to my liking. I'm loving the editor but I just want to play the game atm so have started a save in england.

Nope, 3rd one always fails because the first 2 already have the teams set.

So is that the 11/12 season? I'll look out for it in my version.

for some reason the sports institutions aren't creating regens in my games, not sure if this is due to my editing or something else. Anyone else have this problem?

Yep, same with me. But they do sign decent young players on free transfers.

So is that the 11/12 season? I'll look out for it in my version.

no it starts near the end (march) of 10/11. The first ACL has group stage before 09/10 but ends once 09/10 season starts so its in the game, which makes the 2011 one the 3rd one.

Big kudos Supermercado on the expanded A-League structure. I'm having great fun playing with my old team the Macarthur Rams who I played with many years ago now when I was about 10. Also looking forward to the chance to bring back to glory my favourite A-League player so far in Jonti Richter

Be interested to see if anyone can crack the ACL situation, then I'd be interested in grabbing one of these massive Aussie pyramid system leagues... be interesting to see how high ECU Joondalup can climb...

...In the meantime, I'm still working out the bloody tactical changes SI have made since FM2008; all a bit overwhelming at the moment!

I don't have the game yet. If the ACL thing is an issue, can someone please report it to SI as a bug? Should be an easy for SI to fix with a patch - all they need do is remove the pre-coded stuff for Australian clubs entering ACL.

This is a deal breaker for me. I was looking forward to FM10, but won't bother if the ACL thing is an issue.

The ACL stalls in Feb 2011 for me on my version as well. I did notice after the first season that it said there were three qualifiers - Victory, Adelaide and the Cup winners.

Is Australia supposed to have three spots? Maybe having a cup is what causes it? If so could we perhaps change the "main domestic cup" setting to "other cup"? Can somebody with a faster computer than me test this.

The ACL stalls in Feb 2011 for me on my version as well. I did notice after the first season that it said there were three qualifiers - Victory, Adelaide and the Cup winners.

Is Australia supposed to have three spots? Maybe having a cup is what causes it? If so could we perhaps change the "main domestic cup" setting to "other cup"? Can somebody with a faster computer than me test this.

Australia only has 2 positions normally, being the winner of the minor league, and the winner of the final series (or runner up).

The ACL may be crashing because you've got an extra team qualifying for the group stages.

Hey guys been playin around with the editor and trying to add a second division to the a-league, whilst also adding the 2nd melbourne and sydney teams to the current league and also an FFA Cup. Unfourtantly for me I'm terrible with the new editor

Do I need to create a completly new competition to do this? Or can I simply duplicate the a-league and add extra teams and divisons that way?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

In the Asian Champions League settings, what does "Registered Clubs" mean and what do the different numbers under "Info" mean? Wondering if removing the reference to Australian clubs from this would fix the ACL issue??

i think the ACL issue is due to people setting up an FA style cup that gives continential qualification, Australia is already set to get 2 spots in the ACL, this cup grants Australia an additional spot which then creates too many clubs qualifying and therefore the cup can't run.

I'd recomend altering the FA cup to just Other Cup and hopefully that should work

I already tried the FA cup as other cup it didnt fix the problem. I tried pretty much everything I could think of and nothing works.

In the Asian Champions League settings, what does "Registered Clubs" mean and what do the different numbers under "Info" mean? Wondering if removing the reference to Australian clubs from this would fix the ACL issue??

The registered teams gives the teams for the first two competitions, if you remove the australian teams there I assume the ACL wont even run in the first season as it wont be able to get any australian teams.

If you really want to get around the ACL thing, you could try doing a nation swap - Australia for Japan. Would be a lot of work tough... and not 100% sure it would work, but, if it did work, Australia would get 4 ACL spots. (May be issues with generated players being given Japanese names too)

Me being naive here, but what if you created say, 3 new leagues and had the top one promote to the A-League, and the A-League drop down to it?

...though I'm guessing it doesn't work that way and you have to replace the WHOLE A-League with your x divisions :(

Be nice if you could add the new teams as they come in Heart next season, Rovers one after that then canberra or whatever in increments every few years. The editor has gone so close to being able to provide what everyone wants but not quite.

Well i got me internet back so that will surely be a help when it comes to all of this...still gotta get the game though. I thought the demo with this month's fourfourtwo would tide me over but i reached the alloted time span of the demo in one evening. Anyway, will be sacrificiing meals and cigarettes to buy a copy asap.

Well i got me internet back so that will surely be a help when it comes to all of this...still gotta get the game though. I thought the demo with this month's fourfourtwo would tide me over but i reached the alloted time span of the demo in one evening. Anyway, will be sacrificiing meals and cigarettes to buy a copy asap.

welcome back mate

welcome back RR, getting the new game is a must, i think i've only actually played about a month or so as my usual Liverpool side, but I've built 8+ new leagues which I've holidayed through to make sure they work!

Soon to be released:

New Aussie league

New Zealand

Vanuatu

Tahiti

Samoa

Saudi Arabia

Ivory Coast

Super Asian League (over 20 played divisions with approx. 500 playable teams from all Asian countries in 1 mega league!)

Got a few questions.

Had a flutter with the Editor. Took me a few goes to get it functioing; not as straightforward as it could be. Anyway; I had to recreate the HAL such that there is a relelgation spot there and then delete the original. Is this how everybody else has been doing it - coz it didn't seem like I could edit the original Nation Rules for HAL?

Created a B league with the Likes of Marconi and other state league teams.

Generated an Australian Cup. My question is - when I want to make a new Cup, the wizard tells me that I need to select a cup with no teams in it already. Is this how people are creating a cup or is there a way to generate one from scratch? So I selected the old Australan Cup and ran with that. Edited it. Took forever to get that right. What total number of teams is the best to play with to get the cup system working?

I understand tehre are some problems with ACL after 2 seasons. Is there a way to duplicate the ACL (with new cups) and then associate the Australian spots with the new cups - has this been tried?

Start playing it with Melb Voc, why would ya?, anyway, signed Dukes but soon realised I had made the new HAL with 0 foregners rule (as well as 3 foreigners max on pitch, I had anotehr rule saying 0 foreignerss max on pitch.) The little test button didn't really work that one out.

Gonna add a regional league. Do some team sorting. Add some Qual rounds to the Aus Cup and play some LLM.

The HAL cannot be edited, only recreated.

As for local cups, I created League, FA and lower league cups from scratch, then applied my own league rules. I didn't touch the existing cups as I am not sure what is hard coded into the game. (Probably nothing but you never know)

You cannot recreate the ACL or any other international competitions.

You can create a international club competition but it will be treated as a national cup competition with international teams. Stats will go to Cup and not Continent and it will belong to the nation you put it in. For example, I made a cup with teams from Australia and some asian countries and added it to the Australian national rules.

Archived