A-League Expansion

ruttiger_ruttiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't keep the islanders did i? I also ditched a christchurch team as well...i just thought that it was a touch more realistic...and a bit of a change. I never felt any warm and fuzzy feeling from defeating brunei or islanders anyway, olympic and marconi on the other hand is always satisfying.

Anyway, i don't know what SI's take on this will be in regards to you requesting graphics off me for your oceanic update. But i guess if you wanna post some photoshop requests mate here, that's cool and SI will see if they have a problem with it at all. If so, we will have to do it on another forum or via email.

Were there ever kits for the other teams you added (which you included logos for)? Wouldn't mind swapping some teams around (ie new teams for the NSL clubs) if u don't mind.

Unfortunately mate i had a bit of a computer malfunction earlier in the week and used the recovery disc to solve it. One of the things that i couldn't be bothered backing up was the out of date png files for the expansion.

However, i did keep my super gigantic mega photoshop template so they would be incredibly easy to create.

I have managed to find a west coast fc kit and a perth fc kit from the past fortnight in a file (not sure if it's in the downloadable graphics file, it might be...i jsut rushed it out there). A better bet may be to politely ask sydfc4eva if he, still in possesssion of the old database, might upload the graphics folders from that RAR for you which will include Brunei, Canterbury, New Zealand Knights, Pacific Islanders, Sunshien COast, South Coast, West Sydney etc.

You will likely have to tweak the ids in the config files but to make it work with the new db...i did recreate some teams so they have new ids.

I didn't keep the islanders did i? I also ditched a christchurch team as well...i just thought that it was a touch more realistic...and a bit of a change. I never felt any warm and fuzzy feeling from defeating brunei or islanders anyway, olympic and marconi on the other hand is always satisfying.

Anyway, i don't know what SI's take on this will be in regards to you requesting graphics off me for your oceanic update. But i guess if you wanna post some photoshop requests mate here, that's cool and SI will see if they have a problem with it at all. If so, we will have to do it on another forum or via email.

yeah, the islanders are still around, started a new game as the NT and just signed Bosnich for $2k off them!

can't see why they'd have an issue with us sharing files, all you're doing is adding to a db i've already created. we'll soon see, but the moderating on this forum seems quite laid-back, so don't think we'll have any problems.

I am creating a spreadsheet that will contain a host of information and research in a easy to read format that I will upload before the release of fm2010 so that you can implement the official fantasy bids as accurately or inaccurately as you wish with the new editor.

Most of the information is pretty easy to garner, but if you come across anything to do with a-league expansion news feel free to put it up here (with a link so i can be sure you're not making it up). This will then serve as a useful resource for everyone in a couple of months when we all create our own expansions with FM10.

Rumours and hard news are equally valid as long as they come are printed by a reputable source (eg major news site, newspaper).

Already working on photoshopping some stuff for the new db as well. Trying to get a decent Northern Thunder FC logo which will be my new Darwin team in my db. Any graphics requests for your new db's fantasy teams are welcome...although just logos at this stage cuz i'm unsure how i will be doing kits for fm10 until i get my hands on it.

The database has a pretty decent pool of players, if you use a retain_players ddt then you get quite a few players who are with lower clubs and free agents if that's what you mean.

The A-League clubs websites are incredibly good for info, especially for the youth league fellas who are usually absent from the game. Also, the Australian Player Database at Ozfootball can be good for a few more of the obscure players. Check the j-league websites for info on Kennedy and the other few aussies who play there cuz they will not be in the game due to licensing issues.

Although, usually one of the first mods released with each new fm is a japan database, so if you are patient someone else will likely do much of the hardwork for you.

Hope that helps.

It is a rip off of the old northern thunder logo that existed for all of about 3 weeks a couple of years back. Couldn't find a decent one of that on the net, so i just decided to recreate it pretty much from scratch...it's a bit wonky at that size, but once in game size should be fine.

That particularly link will end up with a few more in there over the course of the following weeks.

Cheers mate, holding off on some of the others til names are officially announced for the real bids (eg Melbourne Heart, South Coast bid, Canberra bid etc) as these three will be the only completely ficticious teams in my anticipated FM10 DB.

Speaking of the real bids does anyone know anything about this website??? I can't work out who owns, where it comes from or anything but it certainly seems bid related.

thanks mate...they will look better in game too because they will be resized to be smaller so some of the more jagged edges are smoothed out. They are still preliminary too.

I am currently ill without actually feeling sick so stuck at home with very little to do and bored shitless. So as i have previously said if anyone wants any particular team graphics for their A-League expansion databases please let me know and i'll see what i can knock up for you.

Also, am considering creating customised tasmania jerseys with two neck holes if anyeone is interested. That one's a joke, see how bored i am people.

FC Singapore - Singapore

Victoria Eureka - Geelong and Ballarat for cup games

Melbourne Heart - 2nd Melbourne team

West Sydney Blues - West Sydney

South Coast Sharks - Wollojngong

Canberra Utd - Canberra

West Coast FC - 2nd Perth

Adealide Athletic - 2nd Adelaide

Sunshine Coast - Sunshien COast QLD

Northewrn Territotrians - Darwin

Brunei FC - Brueni

Christchurch Dragons - Christchurch

Tasmanai United - Tasmania

I think that was it from the last crazy expansion database.

For some reason it was working fine and then after a series of very minor changes it just stopped working. It was the one problem with the swap, it must have something to do with the lower league teams. In the Korean league in the default database it would use teams from the university league, i tried setting last positions, changing professional to semi-pro and amatuer, altering reputations so that there were clearly 9 decent teams in that league that would qualify. All sorts of stuff and the ultimate answer was that it wouldn't work.

If you ever fix it i would be interested to know, but it's kinda redundant now with the new FM getting closer anyways.

PS: Great name mate.

FC Singapore - Singapore

Victoria Eureka - Geelong and Ballarat for cup games

Melbourne Heart - 2nd Melbourne team

West Sydney Blues - West Sydney

South Coast Sharks - Wollojngong

Canberra Utd - Canberra

West Coast FC - 2nd Perth

Adealide Athletic - 2nd Adelaide

Sunshine Coast - Sunshien COast QLD

Northewrn Territotrians - Darwin

Brunei FC - Brueni

Christchurch Dragons - Christchurch

Tasmanai United - Tasmania

I think that was it from the last crazy expansion database.

me thinks RR has been hitting the brewskis again! Love the spelling of Wollojngong!!

been playing a bit on your latest db mate, got through the first season with Fremantle, finished with 12 points (2 wins, 6 draws) not too shabby me thinks. Turning a decent profit so hoping to turn semi-pro soon!

Thanks for your answers RR,

Just in case anyone cares - just finished my 2nd season with Adelaide City - first season 8th, second season 6th and a stadium expansion announced which will take it to over 4000 seats!

Also not sure if people have been keeping up with the new features blog, but I noticed Miles said:

"Things that you cannot do with the editor - An MLS/A-League style league system cannot be created"

I can understand why an MLS league cannot be created, but why can't an A-League style system be created? Our league isn't really that different is it?

EDIT: Yay 1000th post!

Archived