A-League Expansion

ruttiger_ruttiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleiberg also appointed Chad Gibson as the Roar's inaugural captain...i put absolutely no credit in his opinion.

The way i have done Potentials for players not already in the db was that if they are A-League youth squad players they get -5, if they played in the A-League first team at some stage they get -6, and if they are young socceroos or joeys members they get -7. The rest of their stats are left at zero which means there is a fair amount of randomness in each game you play although, because positions and height and weight are set it does work out that taller heavier defenders are solid at tackling and heading while light, short attacking mids are fleet of foot and quite creative and flairy. I have tested it to absolute death (got up to 2126 on the weekend testing it out) and it seems to create a realistic representation of a real two-tier Australian league in terms of quality and results...far better than the last db in this regard i believe.

Australia won it in 2030 i think...hosted it in 2022 and 2090-something, other hosts included russia, portugal, egypt, china and the other prior hosts...most successful team was italy with 7 wins and brazil went 100 years without winning it...costa rica, ivory coast, usa, russia and egypt all managed to take the title late in the century.

That occurred running it on large database with England (Championship), Australia (Oz-League), New Zealand and United States running, if it is of any interest.

On a side note, just spent four-five hours doing it, but have edited the Adelaide United players history's, i said i wasn't goign to do it, but i felt compelled. Now to do the Mariners....

1- Victory, 2 - Adelaide, 3 - Brisbane, 4 - CCM, 5 - Sydney, 6 - Welly, 7- Jets, 8- Perth, 9- Gold Coast, 10 - Fury, 11- West Syd, 12- Wollongong, 13 - Canberra, 14- Heart.

Although that is slightly distorted because A-League clubs have all their youth players on their roster and expansion teams dont have any imports at games commencement.

i think it's because thanks to your info, i removed some youth players from perth and gold coast don't have a youth team...it's certainly looking at the depth of the squads aswell as quality.

The other thing would certainly be the reputations...i don't care who is on the books a lower rep club will always be tipped to struggle and a team like melbourne will always be predicted highly since they have the highest rep of all australian teams. And of course, the fantasy clubs don't have foreigners at game's start so that would affect it a bit. Western Sydney always recruit well within a month of starting the game.

Because so many of you are hanging for this, i am going to make a concerted effort to put all other projects on the back burner for the nextr fortnight and get it finished and available for download. So maybe cuz i'm silly or maybe cuz i just thrive under pressure i am imposing a release date of no later than August 6 for this database - coincidentally the first day of the new a-league season. I hope you can be patient until then, it will hopefully be worth the wait for you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, new sponsors announced today...and since i am taking a little bit extra than i said i would to finish this i will add a bonus and give each team a fantasy third kit...this will only add about 2 hours to the project but will hopefully bring a smile to your faces.

Once again, thanks for your patience guys. And oh yeh, did anyone NOT tip melbourne tonight???

ooooh freebie on the, ahhh, freebie :D

I was prepared to come on here and score first dibs :p

And for some reason... I'm not tipping in the A-League...that reason is unbeknown to me :(

Quick question(s):

All the logos and other graphics will be in the .rar pack?

and is there certain Skin that it looks good on???

Do you guys really want a database from a guy who tipped 0 from the first 4 games, and left Kofi Danning and Cornflake on the bench of his fantasy team while leaving in D Williams and B Malcolm in his eleven? I mean, what the heck do i know? Apparently nothing, guess that's why for some reason New Zealand made the world cup 2026 semi finals in my last test run. (destroyed 8-0 by Italy if ya curious and then 10-3 by england in the third place playoff, gotta rate the three goals though)

Surely just an anomolie, back to work then....

I only just got back from touring/destroying Adelaide; Perth v Adelaide was predictable for those who know Perth's early season tradition of playing like ****; Sydney v NQF I kind of picked, Roar surprised me a little with how they couldn't compete with Gold Coast, and yeah... what the **** happened with Melbourne and CCM?

I was at Melbourne vs Central Coast and it was honestly one of our worst ever performances. It was as if the Mariners were last seasons champs and we were the ones who hadn't won in 2009. We were slow, passed into the Mariners at every opportunity. It was as if the players had never played together....no cohesion at all.

Fair enough... But I wouldn't bother waiting too much; I asked Justin Langer what he thought of you and there's a page in his dossier saying that you're mentally unstable, easily intimidated, and a coward.

...hmm, come to think of it'd you're a perfect England number three ;)

Cheers for that mate...just quickly had a look at the FM10 info...very impressive. I guess this topic will take on a life of it's own soon enough with everyone easily able to contribute various Australian expansions/contractions/cup comps etc. Should be very exciting.

In view of that, i have dropped a few small things i was going to do for the db since it will be redundant soon enough. Just finishing it off at the moment and doing a couple of test runs (for some reason it occassionally crashes somewhere between 2055 and 2065, but i don't think that will affect you lot too much unless that addictiveness rating is really not just for laughs and is a serious medical neccesisity).

Oh yeh, and the Oz-League has undergone a a bit of a facelift...a whole bunch of unlikely teams gotten rid of and replaced with....drumroll...wait for it...old NSL clubs (Strikers, Ade City, Mel Knights, Sth Mel, Olympic, Syd United, Marconi and one more to be added from the WA league, awaiting a suggestion from f1dave). It just made things easier in a lot of ways and will boost replay value to the db as they are all set at semi professional, so to take them all the way to Asian Champions League glory would be quite the task me thinks.

Anyway, hoping for the end of the week...fingers crossed. Although, i did spend two hours this arvo feeding the ducks at a local pond, so perhaps i should pull my finger out a little :)

i quite liked the old Oz-League set up, whilst it wasn't believable, it was still fun.

Still, I'm sure the new db will be just as awesome. Just a thought, did you delete the old teams, or leave them as now unassigned to a league? Just in case I decide to bring them back to life so to speak.

Can't wait for the new db RR, might get a fair bit of time out of it before FM10 and my editing life begins again.

I might wait until one of you do an Aussie league and i'll Jack that one of ya for FM10:P

I got a few days off next week so if I have it by then I'll probably put in some time:P

Nothing wrong with feeding the ducks..

unless you were alone... with a trenchcoat... and a oddly-shaped brown paper bag

Archived