A-League Expansion

ruttiger_ruttiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know at this stage. I had intended to release it back in november but things kept getting in the way of my spare time. It's certainly going to be released at some stage (likely January). I will be taking some shortcuts for the original release such as not populating some of the smaller clubs and just encouraging people to tick the add key staff feature on the new game screen. The most fun part will be the most time consuming - graphics. I have done some, but i am finding all the logos again myself since the logo packs for download are woefully out of date for the most part.

So, to answer your question...i don't know. And i can't make any promises that i won't chuck the ***** at some stage and just give up on it. As it currently stands i haven't even played the full version yet (i did play a few games of the A-League demo that came with 442 a few months back) since all i have been doing is editing it and running holiday tests.

In conclusion, I recommend forgetting all about it for the next month and then one day it will miraculously be up here for your enjoyment.

• 2 weeks later...
Hm. For your leagues, what are you guys putting your added clubs reputation as? I just can't seem to get the right mix at the moment. I want the A-League clubs to be having squads of majority players in the 80-100 CA region but I can't get that at the moment!

I think the league standard has an impact on this too... can edit it on the nation information screen in the editor. A league standard of 8-10 seems to give players in the 80-100 range, but I'm not 100% confident on this yet.

IMHO, the reputation of A-League clubs are too high. A reputation of 3500 for the top club and down to 2500 for the last club would be my preference. State League clubs should be under 1500 and go down to 100 for the small sides. Oceanic clubs are WAY too high in the official database too.

I think the league standard has an impact on this too... can edit it on the nation information screen in the editor. A league standard of 8-10 seems to give players in the 80-100 range, but I'm not 100% confident on this yet.

IMHO, the reputation of A-League clubs are too high. A reputation of 3500 for the top club and down to 2500 for the last club would be my preference. State League clubs should be under 1500 and go down to 100 for the small sides. Oceanic clubs are WAY too high in the official database too.

Interesting that when I holiday until 2020, the A-League clubs have all dropped down to about 4500-4000 from the 5000-5500 at the start.

I might edit the 'league standard' and see what happens.

Interesting that when I holiday until 2020, the A-League clubs have all dropped down to about 4500-4000 from the 5000-5500 at the start.

I might edit the 'league standard' and see what happens.

Personally i do not think the league standard of the A-league is too bad. Sure the player quality isn't as high as leagues in Europe but we are into the 6th year i think it is of the A-league and things can only get better

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the db so that all teams have a youth squad and can upgrade youth facilities??

It's possible but it just takes a while as you have to make it so that each team owns the stadium they play in (this allows you to upgrade youth and training facilities) and then for each team to have a youth squad, you have to add them yourself on the details page for the individual clubs in the editor.

There may be simpler ways to do this but I haven't figured them out yet but don't let that stop you from experimenting and trying to find a better solution.

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest, I'm complete against the A-League teams producing regens because it doesn't happen that way in real life.

you're right, it doesn't happen irl, however, the game couldn't understand that it had to buy it's own juniors to play in the NYL, it just let grey players do it instead.

It was decided after heaps of testing and many (some quite heated) discussions to just allow the A-League clubs to produce regens, that way the NYL was always competitive and the A-League sides would play kids under 20 in their first team on occasion.

I know it's not perfect, but trust me, it's better than some of the other versions we tried and tested!

you're right, it doesn't happen irl, however, the game couldn't understand that it had to buy it's own juniors to play in the NYL, it just let grey players do it instead.

It was decided after heaps of testing and many (some quite heated) discussions to just allow the A-League clubs to produce regens, that way the NYL was always competitive and the A-League sides would play kids under 20 in their first team on occasion.

I know it's not perfect, but trust me, it's better than some of the other versions we tried and tested!

Fair call, but I still totally disagree with it from a realist type of view.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=176151

Hence the reasoning behind the above thread link! :p

• 2 weeks later...
nothing overly new to add (still working on a massive aussie db amongst others) just worried that this might be a forgotten thread which would be dissapointing after the effort everyone (especially the man known as Ruttiger) has put in.

I'm just struggling for motivation with starting Uni and the frustrations in transfers for the A-League almost make it unplayable!

Seriously doubt the issues will be fixed in the next patch... prove me wrong SI!!

Oh seriously, the lack of replies from Paz isn't looking good. I wish FM would introduce a 'transfer activity' slider of some kind in the editor so we could fix the transfer power of clubs so therefore middle eastern clubs for example could purchase old but good players for lots of money.

i must admit i do agree with you guys. there needs to something other than club and league rep for players to go on.

Maybe we need a 'Money Talks & Bulls**t Walks' function that will allow rich clubs to jus spend stupid amounts of money of old players.

also, a lot of old players love being the big fish in a small pond so to say, just look at guys like Beckham, Fowler, and the recent influx of players into the middle eastern leagues.

nothing overly new to add (still working on a massive aussie db amongst others) just worried that this might be a forgotten thread which would be dissapointing after the effort everyone (especially the man known as Ruttiger) has put in.

I'm still alive...i'm still working on the db...just havne't had much time of late...i have the teams sorted...18 team A-League, 2 divisions of 18 each for the major states (including a few regional teams such as WA State League Two has two teams from Kalgoorlie-Boulder, NBN State League teams are part of NSW State League, Victoria includes a couple of teams from Geelong, Bendigo and even Moe) and smaller two division comp for tassie...one division for ACT and NT...there is a cup comp that takes the top 3 from NSW/VIC, top 2 from QLD/SA/WA and top team from the territory leagues...got a youth league with all A-League teams plus all sports institutes (24 teams playing each other once, top two in a grand final)...and also included an expanded Pan-Pacific championship that currently has 16 teams sort of like an APEC tournament inc a club side each from USA, Mexico, Russia, Vietnam, China, Sth Korea, Japan, Guatamala, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Singapore, Thailand, Peru, Indonesia and of course the A-League. I have tried to put the winner of the O-League in this as well, but is proving problematic at this stage, i will look at that later on.

Won't be released in a hurry but when it does, will probably give it it's own thread where i will take on board data issues and correct them. Should keep the A-League junkies happy in the off-season (at least that's the plan at the moment.)

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of promotion relegation do you have ruttiger, if any? And who makes it to the ACL?

One thing I've been wondering is if a setup like so would be possible:

A-League

A2-League

Various state leagues

A to A2 is pretty easy, promo and relegation-wise.

But with the state leagues, could the game handle having a play-off cup between the winners of the different leagues, then take the winner of that cup and replace them with the lowest placed A2 team?

I know you'd have issues if say a tassie team won and Perth SC got relegated from A2 - they'd then be playing in the Tasmanian league and I'm not sure how to get around it - but hey, it'd be interesting to play...

you set regional boundries in the editor to stop teams from WA playing in TAS, pending on how you set it up, either you allow a few less (and more) teams to be in a comp each year which doesn't always work or, using the boundries the game will move teams into the neighbouring league to make up numbers (think BSN/BSS in England).

It does work, but can look a little odd after a few years, in a db I'm playing with I had an Adelaide team win the Victoria league 3 years running, but just couldn't get up into my national league!

I have a 16 team Premier League and a 20 team National League, 2 up and down from PL to NL, and 3 down from NL, winners of all states leagues play off for those 3 spots. It's working OK, just not at a release position yet!

Dave: only promo/relegation between the two tiers of each state league. I have made the project smaller (16 in the a-league, 11 in each state, stand alone 11 in ACT no NT) so that i can release it and then build upon it...spent last night sorting out the tassie leagues with graphics and fact checking.

ACL is the top two from the A-League (currently i have no finals system cuz the FFA Cup starts at the end of the league and is kinda like a finals that includes the best from the state system and all A-League clubs as well).

Thing that is ****ing me off is that i have edited the Pan-Pacific Championship in to a beautiful 16 team two legged knockout cup but the same teams from non-loaded leagues qualify everytime (eg always zenit from Russia and Antlers from Japan) it never changes even over 30 years. If i run some of the leagues as view-only i get some variation but it would kinda bothersome to load 15 other leagues in addition to Oz to just get that cup working proper...will keep plugging away i guess.

Thing that is ****ing me off is that i have edited the Pan-Pacific Championship in to a beautiful 16 team two legged knockout cup but the same teams from non-loaded leagues qualify everytime (eg always zenit from Russia and Antlers from Japan) it never changes even over 30 years. If i run some of the leagues as view-only i get some variation but it would kinda bothersome to load 15 other leagues in addition to Oz to just get that cup working proper...will keep plugging away i guess.

I think there is something in the advanced editing thread about this issue... you have to edit something in the hidden panels or somthing...

• 2 weeks later...

The ACL issue has been sort of fixed. What you need to do is keep the A-League finals series, and just use it as a cup. It will pick the best 6 from the previous season and make them play-off, the winner of that will get the 2nd ACL spot.

Sadly, it is hardcoded into the game that Australia gets 2 spots: 1 from the winner of the league, the other from the winner of the finals series.

Hope this helps mate.

Screens link

That'll show you what i got a little bit, screens 1-4.

Thinking i might just release it and then call upon people to tell me what data issues to correct. I haven't done the state league squads at all, so there would prolly be quite a bit that is incorrect. But still that's what it looks like.

looks good, mate... what's the A-Leageu's format?

and I have question - is there anyone who made Australian league setup with promotion and relegation system?

Archived