World Superleague - 70 of the worlds best teams in 7 leagues. (SCREENSHOTS!)

angryfish

UPDATE:1.1 RELEASED.

DOWNLOAD Here!!!

(amazing how zipping it reduces a 2MB file to a 26kb file, fellow creators take note!)

Both 16 teams (2 round) and 10 team (4 round) versions are in the zip file.

Go Oceania and select world league.

Key Changes:

Some pple prefered a version with 16 teams in a league. Other people wanted 10 teams in a league. To please everyone, i made two versions.

Moved league to oceania, created my own country. No continential qualifications, runs perfectly.

Reserve/U21 teams with leagues added. The U21s have a cup as well.

Added additional awards in addition to the traditional English awards like Most creative player, most famous player, GK/DC of the year(these last awards apply to whole world league not just first div) etc

Added famous players of the nation - Pele, maradonna, etc

Added transfer preferences (english/spanish/italian > french/german > brazlian/argentinian etc)

Sub rules: 3 from 7

No max squard no irritating HG/FRG limit rules

Rebalanced Prize/TV money and league much more

56968.16teams.jpg

Thats the first season of the 16 team version!

4b028.10teams.jpg

10 team version. I prefer this version personally. Pretty damn close as u can see

Note: Rmb to save often just in case. It crashed once or twice when i was on holiday, but these are not fatal crashes. Meaning when i load my save game again, this time it didnt crash. Might be just my computer being overloaded with stuff so just be safe and save! Edit: Ive run it to season 5 atm with no problems.

I will obviously continue to improve this league so if u have any suggestions please post them in the comments.

Enjoy!

===========================

UPDATE: DOWNLOAD Here!!!

For those who havent played custom databases b4, rmb to unzip the file then save it in this directory

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

And when u go to new game>select databse, tick the change box at the bottom right, click ok and choose to load the WorldSuperLeague file

Also chose nation to use as SOUTH KOREA and lowest league World league 6. If u want more players, you can run bulgaria as a nonplayerable league (i set standard of football/repuation max for bulgaria as a test) but from what i experienced that just slows down the game, because all the top regens will come from the clubs with top youth facilities, and all those teams with that are in the league already.

===============

There are a bunch of superleagues out there, some decent to great, some are kinda bad, but none are to my exact liking.

So i decided to make a world superleague which i would absolutely love playing, with these intentions.

-I wanted it the league to be ultra competitive, every single point should count and each match is very impt. You have to spend time studying your opponenets so u have to constatly change tactics after reading ur assistant managers opponent report etc. I also wanted the season to be shorter and the transfer market to be open faster. Also, there is too much difference in skill levels if there were 20 teams in the league and too much filler/fluff teams. I think with 10 teams there would be a MUCH closer fight for the title/relegation and u could be hanging on to edge of ur seat/league survival/championship with every game.

For this reason i made the leagues only have 10 teams, with a total of only 18 games being played a season. To put the pressure on, i made it so the bottom 2 teams are relegated (ie 20% of the teams!).

-The teams are NOT chosen for the sake of geographical representation/location, (ie #1 brazilian team, #1 german team, #1 french, etc) but rather what i think are the absolute best teams in the world.

So dont be suprised the World League Premier's top 10 teams are only from England Spain and Italy.

-Theres no point in a Europeans Champs Cup/UEFA/SuperCups anymore since all the best teams are in the league its pointless. The league cup i made serves this purpose better.

As a temp measure, i removed the ECC by moving the league to South Korea (apparently the ECC is hardwired into the system and cant be removed) so any other ideas would be great!

As of now, the only cup i added was a league cup which all 70 teams in the entire league play in.

-I wanted it to be possible to actually move up from the bottom of the league to the top. This is absolutely impossible or would take extremely long in the EPL (eg using A blue square north team and fighting up 5 divisions) because of mainly the clubs finances and the inability to attract high potential scouted players to ur team. With this league, the teams at the bottom are actually very decent (finances/reputation) already and it will def be possible to take a team right from the bottom to actually win the league in 7-10 years. Especially when all ur high potential players and wonderkids regends you spent hours looking for and developing have matrued and u can mount a real title shot at the top league.

So far i have played the league up to the 10th season with no problems at all. The only annoying thing is qualifying for the asian champs league (which i will try to get rid of)

Heres the screenshot of the respective leagues. There are 7 leagues in total, i forgot to take a shot of world league 6.

165c1.6leagues.jpg

Keep in mind these screenshots was the first of many trial runs and teams have been balanced more accordingly.

And a photo of the league cup

3e331.leaguecup.jpg

@ topicstarter; looks awesome, would love to try it out. 10 teams per league should really get the pressure up, but there will not be a lot of games...

10 teams in one league is too less amd make the game less fun

Maybe you can make it into 12/14 teams and have 3 teams relegated, it should be a slight improvement!

I like this idea in principle, however a 10 team league is too small for me personally, I wouldn't play a league less than 16, but then I guess that would take away the competitive edge you are looking for?

all teams have same nation now and thus same transfer deadline

ive run the game over and over again to rebalanced the teams very strongly in the different leagues

im in season 10 on my game at the moment. took my team from the very bottom of the league to the top, which is somethign i always wanted to do but was never possible in the normal games.

Check out how close the games are in one season. As you can see, only 10 points seperated relegation and champions!

ec7cf.supertough.jpg

Thanks for the input guys, right now im releasing the 4 round version with 10 teams in a league. Tested the first season and its runs fine, well the 2 round worked totally fine for 10seasons+ i just edited it to 4 rounds so it should be the same.

You can download it Here!!!

For those who havent played custom databases b4, rmb to save it in this directory

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

And when u go to new game>select databse, tick the change box at the bottom right, click ok and choose to load the WorldSuperLeague file

I will release either a 12/14/16 team version 2 round version soon. I dunno what would be an ideal number but i dont want 20 teams i think the quality of teams will be too different. I.e at the start of the season u know which teams are gonna be relegated

Theres also still some stuff to fix.

Two of the most important things on the 2 do list:

#1 - I got rid of champs league successfully by moving it to korea but next season they instead play in the asian champs league. So this is by no means a final version.

#2 - Making the squads have a youth/reserve team so the squad is not cluttered up (i know if i chose nation england they automatically get it but then u got the ECC problem.)

Anyway for those curious how 10 teams will play out give it a shot! I personally loved the short season (2 rounds) but i edited it to 4 rounds as suggested

I think 10 teams sounds great. It makes literally every game a must win game...if you had 10 teams playing each other 4 times I guarantee than Man Utd would not have been 3rd from bottom of that top league. It needs that competative streak in it that looks to be coming from only having 10 teams.

Maybe have a look at swapping some of the teas around who have run away with thier league or been relegated very easily! Otherwise looks awesome

Edit: Just seen you posted while I was writing, looking forward to playing this!

This is how the first season turned out with 4 rounds.

poor real madrid was close to relegation!!

dde89.4rounds.jpg

Btw valencia always seems to get relegated from the top division, seville stands no chance. Anyone can recommend a stronger team? Ive tried a bunch and they all perform worse than valencia. Seems to be just 9 strong teams on a similar level (in the first season anyway)

This is how the first season turned out with 4 rounds.

poor real madrid was close to relegation!!

dde89.4rounds.jpg

Btw valencia always seems to get relegated from the top division, seville stands no chance. Anyone can recommend a stronger team? Ive tried a bunch and they all perform worse than valencia. Seems to be just 9 strong teams on a similar level (in the first season anyway)

This looks very interesting indeed. I always liked the idea of a superleague :)

Looking more carefully at it, you can also build it with the "conferences", american format, like in basketball and suchlike.

Don't include relegations/promotions and spread out more the top tier teams across the leagues.

Is it possible to make a version with 16-20 teams per league? I'd like to play this as a network game with some friends but having only 10 teams means someone will probably get relegated quite fast. Also seasons would be incredibly short?

Just curious but in a league like that wouldn't most teams board expect them to win the league? I've not really worked out what they base thier expectations on but I guess it would be reputation.

I set the standard of the league to be 20. The game seems to recognise ure in a really tough league. For example for Barca/Real Madrid the board expected a top half finish.

So managers dont get sacked for poor performance in the league, only for relegation.

Itago7 ive changed it to 4 rounds instead of 2 so there are 36 games and season is about same length. Anyway gonna release a 16 team 2 round version soon.

bottom league is

club brugge

flamengo

dortmund

panathinaikos

genoa

sampdoria

udinese

zaragoza

besiktas

palermo

I set the standard of the league to be 20. The game seems to recognise ure in a really tough league. For example for Barca/Real Madrid the board expected a top half finish.

So managers dont get sacked for poor performance in the league, only for relegation.

Cool, thanks. Downloading it now :-) Looks awesome thanks for sharing

Updates:

Added the U21 teams for all teams successfully

Created my own country, and moved it back to europe, seems fine for now

To do:

reserve teams dont show up for italian teams. the other teams are fine. Gonna figure this out.

Adding awards - Gonna duplicate the european awards like european player of the year etc, pfa player of the year, etc

hsv/boca/river keep showing up for the EURO cup. all other competitions are fine. gonna figure tis out too

This apparently cant be done so any help would be great:

All star battle - At the start of the season, the top stars from the league will fight each other. Got this idea from the Korean Allstars vs Japanese Allstars in the Korean league.

Will release another version in about 2 days along with the 16 team(this seems to be the popular number) 2 round version

Updates:

Added the U21 teams for all teams successfully

Created my own country, and moved it back to europe, seems fine for now

To do:

reserve teams dont show up for italian teams. the other teams are fine. Gonna figure this out.

Adding awards - Gonna duplicate the european awards like european player of the year etc, pfa player of the year, etc

hsv/boca/river keep showing up for the EURO cup. all other competitions are fine. gonna figure tis out too

This apparently cant be done so any help would be great:

All star battle - At the start of the season, the top stars from the league will fight each other. Got this idea from the Korean Allstars vs Japanese Allstars in the Korean league.

Will release another version in about 2 days along with the 16 team(this seems to be the popular number) 2 round version

This looks very promising... how did you create your own country?..to avoid the ECC most people have edited the country Wallis & Furtuna (because they are not affiliated to any organisation, therefore being exempt from any international or Club continental comps) and renamed it "FiFa" then changed all clubs to the new "FiFa" nation.this also seems to sort out working reserve leagues.. If you need any help or ideas i suggest reading through El Ricardos World League thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=157513 , as he has nearly sorted out all annoying bugs (i.e refs, neutral stadiums for Cup finals and many more) Keep Going,Good Luck and make sure you get it bug free!x

cooperidol actually thats exactly what i did haha!! i deleted those 3 clubs that were tagged to wallis too.

thanks for the support, will look at El Ricardos thread again too

smallclone either tmr or the day after, hopefully i can fix all the little stuff now. the big stuff/funvtionality are working fine in the first release

Updates:

Ive moved the league to oceania so there are no more contenintal/extra/unnecessary matches.

In addition to all the English Yearly awards, i also added,

Mr MVP - most man of match awards

Mr Creative - most assists

Mr Famous Amous - most famous player

tried adding young team of the year/ and physio/coach of the year but they dont seem to work at all so i removed them.

I also added GK/DF/MC/FC of the year which players in the whole world league are eligible for

Btw in my league:

I think the weekly/monthly team of the week/manager/goals are annoying so i dont have that. I think the yearly team is much better/accurate

I think the max squad / team number list and HG/FRN rules are annoying too so i dont have that. Plus this is now an international league so apart from the regens, the squads should be more diversified.

Will upload the 10team and 16 team updated version in a hours time after i run it thru a few seasons on holiday just to be sure.

Update: Bahh im getting some crash dump errors now, release wont be out till tmr

tried it, but there are no reserves or youth squads...?

That is the only thing that causes me a little trouble, although as there are no reserve fixtures it means that I keep my squad size nice and small and I also cheat a little by checking my new youth players using FMRTE (this is the one and only thing I use FMRTE for) and then only keeping the ones with a PA of over 120 :)

Also helps a great deal to keep my wage budgets down too :thup:

3 suggestions:

1. change the name of the cup, korea president cup is not suit to this league

2. sub rule: 3 from 7 is better than 3 from 5

3. add the tv dates, paid the team tv $ : 30000000 (£) but there is no live game even one

> Ive moved the league to oceania

korea is asian country, not oceania

one question, how to Added the U21 teams for all teams?

In my latest version i believe tottenham/man city are in in the same i.e world league 1

KKSON ive actually done all those change (except the TV stuff) a few days ago. even the U21s have the cup! which is now called Kings of the World Cup lol

my new 1.1 version has alot of updates (its also moved to oceania) along with a reserve teams/u21s having a league and working properly.

i didnt touch tv dates yet coz im scared of conflicts with internationals etc (now there isnt aany) and the tv money u get at start of seasons $20mil is enuff

then i added some more stuff and its getting crashes so ill have to spend today removing them 1 by 1 to see whats casuing the problem

Will release it vsoon, the one currently up for download is the outdated one, but its still very playable

UPDATE:1.1 RELEASED.

DOWNLOAD Here!!!

(amazing how zipping it reduces a 2MB file to a 26kb file, fellow creators take note!)

Both 16 teams (2 round) and 10 team (4 round) versions are in the zip file.

Go Oceania and select world league.

Key Changes:

Moved league to oceania, created my own country. No continential qualifications, runs perfectly.

Reserve/U18 teams with leagues added.

Added additional awards in addition to the traditional English awards like Most creative player, most famous player, GK/DC of the year etc

Added famous players of the nation - Pele, maradonna, etc

Added transfer preferences (english/spanish/italian > french/german > brazlian/argentinian etc)

Sub rules: 3 from 7

No max squard no irritating HG/FRG limit rules

Rebalanced Prize/TV money and league much more

56968.16teams.jpg

Thats the first season of the 16 team version!

4b028.10teams.jpg

10 team version. I prefer this version personally. Pretty damn close as u can see

Test ran a season on holiday and it was fine except for 1 crash. This is really strange because when i load the game and ran it again, this time it didnt crash, so its not a fatal crash. So it could just be my computer or it might have been because i was on holiday. Anyway, ive had crashes before, but they were never fatal crashes. I.e if u load and run it again it will be fine. So it might be just my computer with not enough memory (since i have 2 monitors and im always watching TV shows on my other screen). Anyway, just rmb to save often but u shouldnt have any problems. Edit: Ive run it to season 5 atm with no problems.

Are you having the same problems as El Rciardo re U21 / B Team players disappearing? What is the details of this happening (does it happen at the start or periodically)? Any workarounds / do we know the reasons why?

Also - as you take say 5 clubs out of the English system what happens to that? Clearly you can't play it but does the game continue to model it re finances and champions league winners reaching the world club championship etc? Does this mean teams, for example, Bolton which are left behind become very good and have a good reputation or have the reputation of the national leagues been reduced?

One final question - sorry for so many. Is the reputation of the country in which the league is based important - for example is the overall reputation set by the league rep (e.g. 20) or is it a function of the league rep and country rep? Will teams with low reps in high rep leagues have their reputations increase more quickly?

Just found out that I can't sign non-South Korean goalkeeps for Gillingham in my version. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just beacuse I added Gillingham for another team?

As an update I've played 2 seasons now and I've gotten promotion to League 5 :D

Have cheated* a little as I've been using the Winter break and the Pre-Season to play the top teams which brings in a little over 700K per match. Playing on a Sat and Wed every week for 6 weeks during the winter and 4 over the summer soon adds up to a nice little player fund :-)

*I don't really call it cheating as it's something that the game allows. It is rather unrealistic but then what is realistic about Gillingham playing, holding thier own and even beating teams such as Sampdoria and Panathanikos :D

Lloydey - the only reserve teams that disapear are the italian teams. every other team is fine. I tried manually adding them but that doesnt work as well. They just dont show up at the start. No problems/dissapering teams apart from that.

The editor works very different from prev versions of FM so it doesnt effect the EPL league coz theres simply not a need for them to being run(unlike prev versions). Yes that would mean the next strongest teams

end up qualifiying for the ECC etc, but i dont have those contiental competitions because #1 ITs a superleague already with its own cup, its pointless/unecessary and #2 its shifted to oceania so u wont be able to view them. I dont think the repuations are affected alot but im not sure, but all the strong teams are here already anyway!

Yes league reps are impt - from what i can see it affects attracting players. players generally dont wanna leave clubs for a club playing in the lower league and if ure relegated BOOM ur stars all want to leave. I believe it also affects expectations - IE barcelona/mardid managemnet just expects a top half finish when ur league has a competition level of 20 (or this could also be coz the game senses other strong teams in the league im not sure)

cap ure still playing the first release! anyway since u added ur own gillingham team in, did u change the nation of the team as well? that could be the problem. coz my nation rules have no foreign restrictions so u shldnt have any too.

amazing how u got promoted! i used flamengo and had a tough time just scraping thru in my first season

cap ure still playing the first release! anyway since u added ur own gillingham team in, did u change the nation of the team as well? that could be the problem. coz my nation rules have no foreign restrictions so u shldnt have any too.

amazing how u got promoted! i used flamengo and had a tough time just scraping thru in my first season

I think so...although I don't really remember lol, never mind, it just makes it a little more challenging! I'm really enjoying it, hence why I haven't changed releases yet.

Sorry I meant League 6, I got promoted from League 7 in my second season on the last day of the season :D

I downloaded the newest version last night and started again.

I have to say that the changes from version 1.0 are excellent. I didn't think that having the reserve and U18 squads was that necessary although I have to say now that they are there they are a great addition. I've also managed to solve the problem with me only being able to buy South Korean GK's so it's all good.

Just have to get Gillingham promoted all over again now :thup:

im glad you are enjoying it cap!

knew some pple would love taking teams up from the ground up!

im currently in my 11th season and finally reached the top league

i made a personal version for myself too lol - some slight changes and added 4 more leagues and teams for myself with my home team SAFFC with a total of 11 leagues so they had time to be stronger when they went up!

Hey just wanted to say amazing work! i've started a version 1.1 save with Udinese in WL6 and it's looking good! Only one slight problem: i've had conflicts with the first 2-3 interantional dates and league/cup games, so i've had quite a struggle with that... don't know if it gets sorted out later on, if you want to check that i'll keep you posted!

one other thing i wanted to ask: when does transfer market end? i'm in 4/10/2009 and it hasn't closed yet, was wondering if it is WAD or if i have a little problem somewhere.

Thanks Raymond! Yes please let me know if theres anymore conflicts! Strange i didnt notice any but thats perhaps cause i was on holiday most of the time.

I didnt add a transfer window in this version as i prefered no windows like in the original championship manager. i could add windows if requested tho, only takes a min to add them in.

I just added pele/maradonna as famous legends of the league (not actually players in the game) who comment on stuff eg. maradonna thinks blabla will win the league.

no problem! i think this is the best mod i've found untill now! i'm loving the game i have with Udinese (my favourite team) from world league 6, trying to bring them on top, damn hard and challenging!

personally my view on transfer windows is that it's better with them, it adds realism as you would have to plan your squad carefully thinking of injuries and unhappy players that you can't sell/replace before they open. But i can understand why people would be happy without them. if you release a version with them it would be just perfect for me and maybe many other people, but i have to say it's very good just the same ;) keep up the great work, it's much appreciated!

Point noted, ill probably add the transfer window in my next version (to be released not so soon)

There are just a few tiny issues to be resolved. If you guys have any more suggestions please add them ill do my best to accomodate any suggestions which are sensible! eg. i feel the transfer window should be added for sure, thanks again raymond!

To do list:

Remove the oceania player of the year (this somehow still shows up with the winner from an Aussie team)

Added about 100 more teams and extended it to 10 leagues in a personal version for myself, with the teams in the league being somethign like 10(Top league), 16(2nd top league), 18, 18 ,20, 20, 22, 24 24. What do u guys think of that format? Ill fix the bugs in those as well b4 i make it public. There were a few like prize money issues (which should be further refined) and team nationalities.

Can someone please help. Think I may have missed out a step when trying to set this up. I downloaded the link. Extracted it to the folder suggested. Now when I click on start a new game it automatically loads the normal database, without giving me the option to apply the changes. Anyone able to offer assistance?

Archived