Hello there,

I'm using the following players:

Sebastian Barrientos

Barrientos.jpg

Francisco Pizarro

Pizarro.jpg

Michael Silva

Silva.jpg

I know they are not good, but I'm sure they are in the level of the league I'm playing (maybe a little lower) That Michael Silva is the one I'm using on the AMC spot.

I prefer to play a low lvl team and work my way to the big ones.

Thanks in advance!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, it's a very good tactic, makmak.

problem is, when playing against a 4-4-2 team, there is too many space on wings for defense. i tried to pull the Amc back to mc position to solve this, but i am not happy because i cannot get much profit from Riquelme.

what's your resolve to that problem?

Firstly, it's a very good tactic, makmak.

problem is, when playing against a 4-4-2 team, there is too many space on wings for defense. i tried to pull the Amc back to mc position to solve this, but i am not happy because i cannot get much profit from Riquelme.

what's your resolve to that problem?

First and most important thing is to lay your pitch narrow where wingers have less effect. This will enable your team play on the favourable pitch half of the season. Fast full backs are essential.

makmak and vusalgustay, thanks.

what i realized is if you have a player like gokhan inler for box to box midfielder, you don't worry too much. he is amazing, pressing opposition wingers and winning balls. the other centre midfielder is Nuri Sahin, who is poor at defending, but after all it's a very good tactic with some tweaks. thanks again.

If you have surplus of midfilders i also sugest trying 4-4-2 brazilian box system.

Im playing with sporting and this tactic has been working awesome for me and

its great to watch. Conciving very few goals and that goals are usualy fluks.

Thanks for posting this tactic, from the positive responses u can tell its making alot of people's FM experience alot less stressful.

I used this tactic with Man City and won the premiership in the first season, Dzeko, Mexes, De Rossi and Vargas helped obviously but this tactic was, as you said, solid at the back which allowed me the freedom to experiment with attacking combinations that worked.

I was especially pleased in the first season at how well my team did against the big 4 in EPL, contested nearly every game home and away and thats all u can ask for really. The problem now is that I have a world class team and their reputation in the game has gone up, Im usually heavily odds on to win every match... but its actually far from it.

Towards the end of the second season I started shipping a tremendous amount of goals, conceeded 12 in 3 games to average opposition. Lost 10 out of 15 games including the FA cup final, and finished second in the league, from a pretty much certain first place. This happened pretty much out of the blue, my attack seemed to be more and more ineffectual and the oppositions attack (especially wingers, lots of headed goals) started to dominate me.

I know there's always been a concept on FM about second-seasonitis where u have to adapt to survive, but I dont want to change something which results so in the tactic losing what it was based around and therefore becomes ineffectual anyway. My team has gelled now and the players are absolute quality yet the football im playing is **** and I conceed aload of goals.

Any Suggestions?

..I know there's always been a concept on FM about second-seasonitis where u have to adapt to survive, but I dont want to change something which results so in the tactic losing what it was based around and therefore becomes ineffectual anyway. My team has gelled now and the players are absolute quality yet the football im playing is **** and I conceed aload of goals.

Any Suggestions?

Obviosly it isn`t working as it used to right? So you should change something.

Try this updated version:

http://www.filefront.com/14974961/4-1-2-1-2-newcastle%20lippi%20stile+stpcs333%20%28Newcastle%2C%20Nov%202010%29.tac

This version has updated roles. 2 wingbacks are now set on automatic. DM is now defensive midfilder. Two CM are CM-support and box to box midfilder. I optimised set peaces settings. AMC is now advanced playmaker, if your AMC hasnt got creativity/decisions/passing switch to other options. Two forwards are now TM and full forward. But i have attacking duo in Cardoso/Mylievsky, so once again switch to something that is appropriate to your players. Dzeko is fenomenal as a tm so, the right spot is good.

I use this version with newly promoted newcastle team and im sitting on top of the premiership table at the moment. Doubtfully im staying there, but still, its a good tactic.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, im dont use eather any more. I went in the 4-2-2-2 box direction now.

I use this formation for my home-attacking games and 4-5-1 version for away-caution games.

But to answer your question, i used the last posted version for my Newcastle save and

it worked like a charm.

Just thought I would thank you for this tactic. You have saved my job!!! I'm in my second season with Reading and, after setting up a tactic that worked wonders in the Championship (with me working my way from 19th to 5th and winning the playoffs!!), I just couldnt work out how to gain points in the Premiership. I know I have a very poor squad for this league as obviously I didnt have any money in the first season and had limited resources available to build my side after promotion (also not helped by a board takeover meaning I couldnt make any transfers in August!!). However, this tactic (the Lippi 1 especially) has seen me rise from bottom to a respectable 13th. My team is:

GK Adam Federici

RB Lucas Neill

LB Liam Rosenior

CB Matt Mills

CB Alex Pearce

DM Khalifa Cisse/Liam Bridcutt

CM Brian Howard/Glenn Whelan (new signing)

CM Darron Gibson

AMC Marek Matejovsky/James Wallace

ST Shane Long

ST James Vaughan/Gregorz Rasiak

Many Many Thanks Again.

I've always been skeptical of downloading tactics but just could not get the most out of my 41212 even though I seemed to have perfect players to make it work, so I downloaded to see if it worked. And boy I must say Makmak you have done well. First game with the 262 4-0 win. Well done.

EDIT: One question though. What if I want it to be more defensive? Do I put the overall mentality to defensive or what?

I've always been skeptical of downloading tactics but just could not get the most out of my 41212 even though I seemed to have perfect players to make it work, so I downloaded to see if it worked. And boy I must say Makmak you have done well. First game with the 262 4-0 win. Well done.

EDIT: One question though. What if I want it to be more defensive? Do I put the overall mentality to defensive or what?

You would have to lower mentality for players..or you can try to play more narow with short pasing..

You would have to lower mentality for players..or you can try to play more narow with short pasing..

Due the fact that I'm lazy I decided to use your basic formation with the roles and duties you'd given players with the change being I put all of the advanced sliders back to computer generated that way I could more easily switch from attack to defend.

I think the biggest key of your formation were the roles and duties you gave players and the fact that you put the two CM players who would normally have "hold up ball" as "yes" to "no" and you made the fullbacks attack to give the formation width, because without them on attack, or support at the very least, the formation has no width. This makes for a great quick passing formation that I love to watch and has been working for me so far. One thing I noticed is that it's important not to have the team on short passing or else the midfield just passes to itself all day long.

LONG LIVE THE 4-1-2-1-2

Well, even with short passing, i always leave my midfiled creative player-s passing to "mixed".

I never tryed this tactic with "auto" mentality, i was trying different managerial philosophyies and this two worked best. I kind of doubt that this tactic works so well just because of given roles. When the game came out i tryed a lot of tactic with wizard and never been successfull, specialy in defence.

10.2 has destroyed these tactics, at least in my experience. The passing and movement seems to be disjointed and unorganized, defense seems to be OK(it was always spotty on set pieces and corners). I was enjoying these tactics, hope they can be fixed for 10.2, the team doesn't seem to create much, even against vastly weaker sides.

Awful tactics.

While playing Attacking strategy all 90 minutes, results are following:

Aston Villa (A) 1:1

Burnley (H) 2:4

Tottenham (A) 1:2

West Ham (H) 0:4

No possession in midfield. Forwards shoot from uncomfortable positions. Players exhausted by 60th minute, especially MCs. Fullbacks make too many faults - average mark 5,8 - 6,0.

Starting with standard strategy is not possible: almost all sliders should be moved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived