Wining 41212 diamond tactic

I have been strugling with tactic via wizard approach. I couldn`t figure out how to

make my defense more solid and how to make my team more lethal in the offence.

So, for second season, I made 2 tactic based on 5x5 mentality approach (Benitez) and the second one 2-6-2 approach ala Lippi. It worked great. Defense finally became rock solid and we were playing great attacking football, scoring lots of goals. I made roles and positioning settings via wizard and then tweaked individual settings with sliders. So if you decide to use this, baseline shouts won´t work. Statistically you should dominate every game, at least I did. The only setting I was changing was tempo and width.

Most of times I have used 2-6-2 version in which 6 players are working on same mentality setting, 2 are defensive and 2 attacking. This version was my main tactic that I used throughout the season.

The second version is 5x5 approach in which 5 players are based on defensive mentality and 5 players are working the offence. This one is more strict and appropriate for weaker teams or playing against best clubs.

Both versions are attacking

Results: I was not a favorite to win neather Serie A or Champions league

Serie A: 1st place 29w/7d/2l.....+72g...best defence and offence in the league

Champions league: 1st place 11w/2d.....no losses...won barca in final 3:2 after loosing at first half 0:2

Italian cup 3w/1d/1l.....Lost in the final against Juve 2:1

Tactic:

Attacking based 4-1-2-1-2 diamond

-2 attacking fullbacks (pace/crossing/dribling/positioning/work rate)

-1 DM ala Gatuso (marking/tackling/work rate/positioning/bravery)

-2 CM duo deep lying playmaker/box to box midfilder (Pirlo/De rossi)

-1 AMC (finishing/dribling/long shots/composure/passing/work rate)

-2 FW duo. I had complete/advanced forward combo, but i guess it would also work with

different settings, so you can tweak this 2 positions based on your players attributes.

My team was

GK-Adler

Fullbacks- Renan/Vargas (Zambrotta)

CB- De Michelis/Silva (Otamendi)

DM - Gattuso/Sandro/Flamini

MC-playmaker- Pirlo (Sandro, De rossi)

MC-box to box- De rossi (Flamini, Sandro)

AMC - Cassano/Gourcuff

FW -Pato/Dzeko (Huntelaar/Paloschi)

Best players:

Dzeko-30g 13a (47 games)

Pato- 24g 19a (45 games)

Gourcuff 23g 13a (38 games)

Pirlo 7g 16a (43 games)

6 players in serie a team of the year

5 players in Champions league team of the year

Tactic layout:

tacticw.th.jpg

Serie a table:

serieav.th.jpg

download link 1

http://www.filefront.com/14840199/Milan%20wining%20tactic.zip

download link 2

Milan wining tactic.zip - 0.00MB

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna give this a go. Got 2 games going, Shrewsbury and Valencia. Struggling in both. I'll give this a try with my Valencia side. Currently 6 games without a win, a new record apparently.

EDIT: Well first result was a 2-0 home win against Almeria. Good performance and should have scored more.

EDIT AGAIN, followed by a yet another away defeat, this time to Sporting. This game is so hard this year, not sure if i can be bothered to waste anymore of my time on it :(

Just tried this tactic for 3 easy games at home, won two and drew once, but still dominating the game. The wins were easy but the opposition was poor.

Gonna keep trying, even though i'll probably end up having less success than you, but that's all up to me not having dzeko ;)

Edit: Just won 5-1 away from home, but it felt lucky and they were bottom of the table. I did have 5CCC, which is a good thing still

Ok so the 3 following games went like this:

(H) OM- Auxerre 2-1 Was expecting a win, but i had to change to the benitez style at HT score was 0-1

(A) Monaco- OM 2-1 Again i was expecting a win, they were 10th in the league

(A) Liverpool-OM 1-2 Good result this time, was playing the benitez tac, scored my 2 goals on counter attacks, they had 24 shots, 8 on target but only 1 CCC

Ok so the 3 following games went like this:

(H) OM- Auxerre 2-1 Was expecting a win, but i had to change to the benitez style at HT score was 0-1

(A) Monaco- OM 2-1 Again i was expecting a win, they were 10th in the league

(A) Liverpool-OM 1-2 Good result this time, was playing the benitez tac, scored my 2 goals on counter attacks, they had 24 shots, 8 on target but only 1 CCC

If you are loosing at half time, try changing versions, helped me in the CL finals, went from

0:2 to 3:2. What is your statistic in these games...defence is solid right?

And also, i have great forwards. I wrote in the op, that you guys should change forward roles as fit to your players...Maybe deep forward/ poacher or target man/ advanced forward...the point

is that one of them is on support and on od them is attacker. But leave mentality, passing, closing down and marking settings as they are.

next game:

(H) 0-1 defeat to Sochaux, they're 12th, i'm struggling for the tittle with Lyon. They had twice as much SOTs, and my equaliser was a lucky 85th minute shot.

These tactics are killing my tittle challenge, i'll try them again once i get world class strikers

ok this is the best tactic currently on these forums

playing as A.C Milan won 3 of my remaining friendlys including beat juventus 2-1

so i got in to the league fairly confident first game against Roma at the ground

i completly out play them winning 4-0 2 from pato 1 from huntler and a danielle de rossi own goal

it's the match stats that i like best though checks these bad boys out!

Roma A.C Milan (ME)

Shots 10 Shots 16

On Target 1 On Target 9

Off Target 4 Off Target 5

Blocked 5 Blocked 2

CCC 0 CCC 5

Posession 42% Possesion 58%

Now I've Only Played One League Game But I'm Gonna Roll With It And See Where It Takes Me

Good Work MakMak

next game:

(H) 0-1 defeat to Sochaux, they're 12th, i'm struggling for the tittle with Lyon. They had twice as much SOTs, and my equaliser was a lucky 85th minute shot.

These tactics are killing my tittle challenge, i'll try them again once i get world class strikers

It`s not a good idea to change something that works for your team in the midle of the season mate, you should stick with what brought you to the title challenge and try something else in the pre-season. This way you can adjust tactic to your players (tempo, positions of players, forwards roles)

I`m glad it works for you Mr. hough. And yes you should have more ccc than oposition, the basic for this tactic is good defense. Sticking with wizard made tactic, oposition always had to many ccc and i wanted to correct that.

Hunteelar never played well for me, even with this tactic, Dzeko was much much better..Pato is good no mater what:D

HI

I'm trying upload a tatic file to filefront, but just sitting there saying Uploading Files 100% how do i know if this has uploaded the File and where to look for it?

when you upload a file it will say when it s finished and you will receive the link..

i tried the lippi one but changed the amc to a traqavista all won bar one mu away but what can u expect

The problem with the traqavista role is, that he should be less responsible ofr defensive duties, as he should roam around looking for free space. In this tactic Defensive roles are set. But you are welcome to try it..

Well, i thought I would give this a go with my QPR side. Started the season awesome with my own tactic and was in 2nd place after 13 games only because Boro had won every game. However, i had then gone with out a win for ages, so seeing your tactic on here was timely. Below is a screenshot of the first game. I was 4-0 down after 30 minutes, with them having had 8 shots and 8 on target and me only having 2. I didn't change anything but for some reason the game turned on its head and you can see the outcome. At 5-4 i switched to the rafa tactic in the hope of holding on to the 3 points and went on to bag another. Will carry on with it and see how things go. Tinga, who got the hat trick, is a central midfielder who was playing in the box to box midfielder role, im not sure if it is common for the player in this position to bag goals or not but he popped up in some cracking positions during the game

14xjli.jpg

2nd game - Something tells me this could be an entertaining tactic. Need to tinker with long shots as there are lot being attempted but not many finding the target. What would you say is the minimum requirement to have someone on often long shots? Anything above 15? Or would you say anyone below 15 should be set to long shots rarely?

28lrkgg.jpg

The problem with the traqavista role is, that he should be less responsible ofr defensive duties, as he should roam around looking for free space. In this tactic Defensive roles are set. But you are welcome to try it..

i did only 3 losses in 7 months scum u away lost 2-1 and i had 2 goals disallowed and real madrid away 4-2 but ronaldo and raul chiefed clichy and senderos up and arsh was injured and had to play conqulen dm what can i expect better quality teams to a degree and always hard to beat

and 4-0 home villa never beat them and i had my muppet team out bedner and walcott wouldnt hit a barn with a banjo plus it was apparently won due to them finishing there chances

but 4 draws all 2 home and 2away chelsea liverpool birmingham aston villa the latter had weakened teams out

won league cup against chelsea

knocked manu out in the quarter final replay battered them 4 - 1

currently in the second leg against real in the cleague

great comeback formation

will keep u updated great tactic man

@skinner05

From the looks of the stats, i would say you have a terrible GK or CB.

First game ccc 2:5........Goals 4:6

Second game ccc 1:5.....Goals 3:3

Your strikers finished ccc in the goal as they should, but on the other hand your oposition score waay to many. In the second match every "on target" shot ended in the goal?! Check the ratings for your defensive line...is there any player that suck more than others?

If you keep receiving goals in this maner, try lowering mentality of both CB and GK by 1 or 2 notches. Come to think of it, try this in any case.

2nd game - Something tells me this could be an entertaining tactic. Need to tinker with long shots as there are lot being attempted but not many finding the target. What would you say is the minimum requirement to have someone on often long shots? Anything above 15? Or would you say anyone below 15 should be set to long shots rarely?

I would say long shots= often if long shots atribute is above 14 yes..

I would set long shots on rarely only for those players, that shouldn`t be anywhere near the box. So DC-s and DMC, but if your defensive midfilder has good long shots you can have him on "mixed". He will try to bang one or two in any case, even if he is not alowed to.

@fabulas4

You mean in 7 months with this tactic you only lost 3 times? I also lost only 3 times in the whole season with Milan..nice to see it works for you. ;)

@skinner05

From the looks of the stats, i would say you have a terrible GK or CB.

First game ccc 2:5........Goals 4:6

Second game ccc 1:5.....Goals 3:3

Your strikers finished ccc in the goal as they should, but on the other hand your oposition score waay to many. In the second match every "on target" shot ended in the goal?! Check the ratings for your defensive line...is there any player that suck more than others?

If you keep receiving goals in this maner, try lowering mentality of both CB and GK by 1 or 2 notches. Come to think of it, try this in any case.

@fabulas4

You mean in 7 months with this tactic you only lost 3 times? I also lost only 3 times in the whole season with Milan..nice to see it works for you. ;)

yah i was a diffrent tac at the start

Yes, you should be solid in defense, offensively everyone should tweak forward roles to match

their players. This tactic should also produce lots of goals.

mark, i'doing well with fiorentina...i'm not sure about the amc position....i will try to play him as a trequartista..need more from jovetic!

You can ans should change all three attacking players moves, like run from deep, run with the ball, crossing, deep passing..change it based on your players. Personaly i don`t belive in 100% plug and play tactic, everyone should tweak tactic to their players.

Don`t change their mentality or marking, defensively it should stay as it is.

The Benitez tactic is working really well for me. Only things I changed was AMC to rarely take long shots, team to pass short and if a player recieves a yellow card, take him down to easy tackling (had 2 red card in my first 2 games until I did this). I have David Beckham as my playmaker and he's getting MOM nearly every match!

Great tactic, good work! (see the game isn't broken, you just need time to workout a good tactic).

The Benitez tactic is working really well for me. Only things I changed was AMC to rarely take long shots, team to pass short and if a player recieves a yellow card, take him down to easy tackling (had 2 red card in my first 2 games until I did this). I have David Beckham as my playmaker and he's getting MOM nearly every match!

Great tactic, good work! (see the game isn't broken, you just need time to workout a good tactic).

Glad its working for you. I think people have to get use to tactic wizard, myself included, if i make tactic just with wizard, my defence always suck, so i just use combo wizard-sliders aproach :)

yeah im the same whenever i use just the tactic wizard it aint great - but this is a new feature and most people will use it so tbh it should be useable and atm it aint

testing this tactic in Blue Square South with basingstoke and doing ok with it

any suggestions for any tweaks for lower quality players?

yeah im the same whenever i use just the tactic wizard it aint great - but this is a new feature and most people will use it so tbh it should be useable and atm it aint

testing this tactic in Blue Square South with basingstoke and doing ok with it

any suggestions for any tweaks for lower quality players?

Try 5x5 frameset aproach (Benitez version). The mentality roles are more conservative, this

should help with your defense, lower creative freedom, leave this only for 1 or 2 top players.

Also lower team mentality by 1 or 2 noches and play this version away from home. If you don`t have any decent players, change "run with the ball" from often to mixed for everyone that has it on often.

Glad its working for you. I think people have to get use to tactic wizard, myself included, if i make tactic just with wizard, my defence always suck, so i just use combo wizard-sliders aproach :)

Fo show! I think it's going to be very hard to make a "one size fits all" tactic this year. You really do have to tweek it around your squad. Due to the "difficult" nature of creating a winning tactic I can see casual gamers relegating this years game to the subs bench quite quickly (pardon the pun), but for the hardcore it is really going to be a good challenge.

looking for a young/wonderkid box to box midfielder for histactic, who would you suggest?? also what stats would yo say a box to box midfielder needs?? same with deep lying playmaker

Sandro from Internacional..he s been great for me...5-6m and its yours.

I thought I'd give this tactic a go as Notts Co in League 2. I'm using the Milan setup.

Through the first five games in the league, I'm 5-0-0 with 11 goals scored and only 1 against. I beat Preston in the first round of the league cup 2-1 and lost to Portsmouth 1-0 in the second round.

Well done.

I'm mid way through the 2nd season with newly my promoted Bristol City (position 19th) and not won a game. My own tactic which saw me place as runner up in the Championship has let me down badly in the Prem and no amount of tweaking has had any effect. Even tho it's partway through the season I thought I would give your Benitez tactic a try, I'm losing anyway so it wouldn't make a difference at the end of the season.

Before playing, I set my Championship quality DC's and FB's mentality down one notch each, also changed the through balls and long shots based on the particular (low) skills of my team and then played away to Man City (position 7th)

I beat 'em 4-3!! Get in and nice work mak! will update on how my season finishes later. I know it's only one game played so far, but the defence looked like it had a purpose, both my strikers who had each gone more than 10 hours without scoring grabbed 2 each and the midfield followed the game perfectly.

Nice one!!

Lost at home 2-1 to Liverpool. However was all over them for the whole game.

BCFC 15 shots - 6 on target, 3 ccc's

LFC 5 shots -2 on target, 2 ccc's

I had to play without my first choice keeper and also I think the stats reveal my lack of quality up front.

For the OI I always set hard tackling and weaker foot to the opposition wingers, in this game i ended up with 4 yellow cards. Have you any suggestions regarding your preferred OI?

Archived