Gundo's FM10 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! Even I remember Stian Ringstad!! How good is he cookie?

He's now 22 and is a D/Aml, his stats aren't quite as good as in previous games. But he's doing a job for me ;)

I'l post a screenie when the season is over so you can see for yourself. His stats are improving quite noticeably since joining me.

He played most of the previous season for Lillestrom but obviously decided he fancied joining me at the mighty Jerv! :cool:

Yep, sure did!

I got one, who provided me with backup. Gotta be honest, i basically got as many frees in i could!

I know that's been my ploy so far. Looking forward to the Ringstad screenie.:thup:

Right, enough of the wallowing in self-pity :D

Cheers for the kind words cookie :thup:, I had a look over Norway, but in the end I was swayed by Ireland. The Republic of Ireland however, and not the North!

After a few reloads and select save dates, I managed to get Mervue Utd relegated, and a newly promoted team into the First Divison.

So please welcome the new manager of

Castlebar Celtic.

Fingers crossed I have better luck this time - although one bad sign might be that the chairman is looking to move :rolleyes:

FYI Gundo the league reset date is January 5th, although to get a team promoted (unless you are just lucky first time) it is better to look at the First Division schedule, and see when it is planned to play the first leg of the relegation playoff (mid-Novemeber sometime). Then save before the first leg, and then keep reloading until the previously unplayable team in the playoff beats the team currently in the First Division.

Anyhow, wish me luck

Oxslow - Season 2014/15 Review - Newington in the Carling Premiership

The season started far better than I could have imagined. I got to the group stage of the CL so I should hopefully have enough money to turn pro at the season reset date. I done the quadruple which was nice as well. I finshed the season with 6 straight clean sheets which is a club record.

I hope to beable to scout out side of the UK and Ireland next season and buy my first player. I think getting to a group stage in europe and continue to dominate at home is a realistic target.

Squad

Star Player

League Table

Past Positions

Transfers

Finances

CIS Cup Final

Irish Cup Final

Setanta Cup Final

Champions League Group F

Career Overview

Season     League                         League Finish    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Ladbrokes.com Championship 2   2nd              Promoted
2011/12    Ladbrokes.com Championship 1   2nd              Promoted via Playoff
2012/13    Carling Premiership            1st              Champions
2013/14    Carling Premiership            1st              Champions, Setanta Cup Winners, CIS Cup Runners Up
2014/15    Carling Premiership            1st              Champions, CIS Cup, Irish Cup, Setanta Cup Winners

Oxlsow that's a pretty impressive season all in all. The extra finances should make things a bit better, and when you turn Pro you'll be able to attract better players. Interestingly i turned Pro at Jerv in Norway as soon as we hit the big time, well Norwegian Premiership! So i'm in my second season with Professional players and they are definitely improving, as it stands after 10 games we're sitting in 5th. Top 4 teams qualify for the European spots so fingers crossed, and a bit more game time and we'll be pushing up the table.

Thanks cookie15. I am able to attract more players, but only from Scotland. Still I have signed 4 players for 4.5m that should end up being better players than the ones I had plus they are all 18 and under so I can have some club grown players.

Crikey :eek: What was your Transfer Budget? I've been Pro two years and I know i'm in debt because of the ground, but i've only been given £350K to spend!

RC GENT - 11/12 - End of Season Update

Belgian Third Division A

I wasn't happy with the form but the team started to win important matches. Our big problem was with the smaller teams; somehow the players were always overconfident and we didn't win points that we were supposed to. I was sure we were going to be outside the playoffs in a comfortable (but far from my expectations) mid table positions.

But we picked up the pace and got ourselves a place in the playoffs two games before the season was over, finishing 5th on the table.

We played Aalst (2nd) and lost our first game, away, 0-1. We still have some hopes to change the score at home, and early in the game Citony scored. From there the game was a battle, with both goalkeepers rising as heroes. Penalty shootout that went all the way to 8-9 for us. Without any doubt an historical moment, perhaps the most important game in the recent history of the club.

The second playoff saw us again against a well known rival, Rupel Boom. Bad news: we lost our gk on injury. I had to make a decistion: to use our second GK, untalented but experienced or our 3rd GK, a great prospect without any match experience. I went for the kid, Coosemans, remember the name. Opening game at home, we won 2-0. Citony and Jacobs and great debut of the kid. At the second game, we lead 3-0 at the half time. They came back and tied the game but it was to late. We advanced to the final playoff!

There we went against Second Division Vispol. We were expecting for a miracle, but leads by Van Geele, no miracle was needed. We started away and won 3-0. Back at home they scored 2 goals before the half time. The stadium was full and we did everything we could to avoid an upset. Citony scored a great goal and gives a little bit more tranquility. They scored on more goal at the end of the 90 minutes but, again, it wasn't enough. We won the aggregate 4-3 and achieved promotion!

Michaël Van Geele was named Player of the Year for second time. My new defender Laurent Clerbois wont Rookie of the Year and I got the second place in Manager of the Year.

Signings to watch

Yannick Euvrard:He was everything that we expected. Great player with a place in the 1st team.

Jelle Schijvenaars: Total failure. He earns a lot and scored to little. I wanted him to be the first striker, but I was a bad substitute in the best case.

Players to watch

Michaël Van Geele: This guy is a local legend. He lead the team to win the promotion.

Prospects:

Philip Gillessen: He learned to little and didn't have any improvement.

Past Prospects:

Alessandro Kohen: He won his first cap for Italy U20s.

Second divisions is going to be a tough challenge, I hope we can stay.

21 games played now of our 30 game season and the mighty FK Jerv are sitting in second (on goal difference with 2 other teams) 7 points adrift from league leaders Valerenga.

But to make things tricky my ST Sigurdason has decided to leave on a free at the end of the season to join Odd, who are sitting in 16th - bottom :mad:

He's bagged 19 goals in 21 games and i offered him double wages to stay, but he felt the grass was greener. :thdn:

Depending on a variety of factors i might get the season completed by the end of the evening, and who knows European football may be a real possibility. As it stands 1st go into Champions League, 2-4th go into the Euro Cup. Fingers crossed and i hope my boys stay relatively injury free :rolleyes:

Nevermore - Congrats on the promotion, staying up is always the most difficult. A season of consolidation and push on from there. All the best!

Congrats Nevermore!

How did the season go in the end cookie ?

Ireland is proving to be a very competitive league. Currently 8 games in and 2-4-2, although we have been very unlucky not to win a couple of the drawn games (and also not to lose one of the drawn games!). Hopefully I will get through quite a few games with a late nighter tonight!

RC GENT - 12/13 - Mid Season Update

Belgian Second League

The idea was to survive, whatever it takes.

Signings to watch:

Antonio Camarazza: 29 yold, DC, Belgium. AM C/ST. We needed some goals with Citony growing old and Jacobs in a league way above his level. He has a vast experience in Second League.

Aniello Esposito: 19 yold, DL, Italy. Product from the Inter's Academy should be a great prospect.

Players to watch:

Michaël Van Geele: 26, AM RC, Belgium. Again, the star of the team. He's vital for the team survival.

Prospects:

Laurens Leyens: 16, WB L, Belgium. A little more technical, but still far from being a serious prospect.

Well, we were supposed to go down and do it fast, but winter break found us 12th in the league, relatively safe from the 16th and below. I'm confident that we're going to survive, since the team has been well.

Finances are great and finally we're doing a profit, what hopefully can lead us to improving our facilities.

Manager's quote:

"Team is great, we're showing everybody that we belong here."

FK Jerv 2014 Norwegian Premiership Season Review

The obvious aim for this season was to build on last year's 10th place finish. I needed to recruit but due to financial constraints i was given very little transfer budget so had to rely on my Harry Redknapp wheeler dealing skills to reinforce the squad.

As i explained in an earlier post, things had started incredibly well and we found ourselves riding high in the table. Could we keep up the challenge, or would we fade as the season finale drew close?

Norwegian Premiership

It transpired that with 2 games remaining we had caught Valerenga and were just 2 points adrift in second place. In our penultimate games Jerv managed to beat Brann 3-1 away from home to keep up the pressure, but surprisingly Valerenga lost at home to Odd putting us top by a point.

Final games saw both teams at home, us up against Sogndal and Valerenga playing Fredrikstad. We knew a victory would see us home and dry, but would the pressure get too much?

We started well against Sogndal with Bakenga giving us an early lead. However, we were soon pegged back, and then fell behind to 25 yard screamer :mad: This took us into the halftime needing a miracle. Up strode Sigurdason and scored a real poachers effort, the scores were level. The game then ebbed and flowed until Oluyu slid a through ball into the path of Sigurdason who coolly slotted home, 3-2 up with 8 minutes left. :)

Then disaster struck, a mix up ay the back at Sogndal were through on goal and found the corner of the net. 3-3 and we'd been masters of our own downfall.

Dejectedly the players left the field desperate to hear the Valerenga score. Could it be possible first reports said they had drawn, everyone wanted confirmation, then a whisper started to say they'd been awarded an injury time penalty. Everyone collectively held their breath, reports came flooding in that they had missed and that they'd been held to a 0-0 draw. Jerv had been crowned Champions! :eek:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Winners.jpg

A truly memorable season sees the boys qualify for the Champions League next year, but it'll be tough going.

Players

Sigurdason - Led the way with his goal scoring, i'm disappointed he's leaving, but his amazing haul helped us lift the title. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/sigurdason.jpg

Bakenga - Arrived on a free and proved an able foil up front for Sigurdason. He popped up with valuable goals and plenty of assists. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/bakenga.jpg

N'gossan - My AMC who helped orchestrate everything that was good going forward. Plenty of assists and goals, proving he's a real asset to the team. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/ngossan.jpg

Oluyu Olufemi - He ended up as my MR and was a star. Assists by the bucket load and the odd goal, probably my man of the season. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/olufemi.jpg

oh and before i forget........

Stian Ringstad - Not as good as before but i couldn't not sign him could I! http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/ringstad.jpg

So here goes Jerv's first voyage into European Football, wish me luck, i think i might need it!!

Cheers JSalter ! Decided not to tick the key staff box .

First time i'm doing this challenge and the country i picked is Northern Ireland . After holidaying for a season Killyleagh Y.C. got promoted and i am their new manager .

----------------------------------------

I hope it's okay to arrange friendlies with top clubs , becuase i have arranged 8-9 friendlies do get some money .

Well done cookie and Oxslow :thup:

Castlebar Celtic - Irish First Division - End of Season Review 2010

The season started with me bringing in a glut of new players to replace the fairly young side I had inherited, as well as a question mark hanging over my future as a result of a planned takeover.

The new chairman took over, and initially stated his intention to bring a new man in, but luckily changed his mind and I was thankfully kept on :thup:

The season started well, we made ourselves hard to beat, and after 10 games, we had 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats. However, our form was not to last the season, and we found the going increasingly tough. Our home record was not great - we played 17 games at home and yet only managed 5 wins. Away from home we managed only one win, and yet we actually only lost 6 which was less than the 8 we lost at home.

After 30 games we found ourselves bottom, with 3 to play. 2 home, one away, and 2 against relegatio rivals. A well earned 1-0 win over Limerick at home meant we moved to second bottom on goal difference, ahead of UCD. We then went to UCD needing a point to keep ourselves above them on goal difference. We managed a creditable 0-0 draw, taking everything to the final game of the season. UCD went to 8th place Longford, whilst we hosted 7th place Finn Harps. Despite playing well, and creating THREE clear cut chances, we failed to score again, and lost 1-0. Thankfully for us UCD lost 2-0 away to Longford, to put them in the relegation playoff and leave us 11th in the table.

All in all, I was happy we stayed in the division, although it seemed a shame we tailed away after a start that promised so much. The division is a very tight one, and my main aim will be to improve in a few positions. I will target a new Right Back, a Creative Mid and a new Striker (as you can see from the table, we just didnt score enough!).

I am going to try and resist the temptation to sign new players for all positions as I did in my last save (as Uzice) as I feel that will undo the gelling of the team.

Season Summary

First Division - 11th

Senior Challenge Cup - 2nd Round (Lost 2-1 at home to Kildare County)

Next season's aim: Midtable consolidation

Cheers fellas :thup:

I have made a solid if unspectacular start. Got to make sure we sustain it this time! Am thinking of playing a bit more attacking, as at the moment I start all games defensive mentality as I'm never match favourite. Was wandering if anyone else tryed attacking as underdogs?

We are 500-1 to win the league this year (half last years odds);)

Cheers fellas :thup:

I have made a solid if unspectacular start. Got to make sure we sustain it this time! Am thinking of playing a bit more attacking, as at the moment I start all games defensive mentality as I'm never match favourite. Was wandering if anyone else tryed attacking as underdogs?

We are 500-1 to win the league this year (half last years odds);)

I always play with an attacking mentality, and with some degree of fluidity. Admittedly we lose the odd match by 4-3 etc, but have a 59% career wins to date adopting this approach! :cool:

Hope this is helpful :thup:

Cheers cookie

:thup:

Think i will give a more fluid attacking setup a go. Ive never been one for defensive tactics on fm, but gave it a go this year because of bein such underdogs, but having a good defence. But i think our strikers arent good enough for such defensive tactics as they need a few chances to score. And I dont think we are disciplined enough to hold a rigid shape. Will try making an attacking tactic tonight and give it a go!

Alright guys, new to these challenges. Just done WW's International C/L one but thats only a quick one, fancy a long term challenge.

Ive Started with Omagh Utd in Ulster, the screenshots below depict just how hard its gonna be, i mean there are 4 real players in the squad, although 3 of them are left backs so should be alright for L/B's for now:D. Take a look at the screenies below.

Club Overview

Team Report From Assistant Manager

Club Background

Current Squad Upon Takeover

Oh my god, here we go.

QUICK UPDATE

Ok, played 4 league games and won one, how ever only lost one & drew 2. So find myself with 5 points sitting in 6th place (not a bad start).;) Certainly could be worse.

Funny though the team i beat are the P.S.N.I (police service of N.I) yes to those not farmiliar with the Ulster set up the police have a team in the league.:eek:You wouldnt want to foul them would ya.

Welcome boynebattler and good luck :thup:

Looks like a good start, hope you can keep it up!

I decided to modify my tactics to a more attacking setup, and it does seem to have helped our home form. Can't say exactly if it will help our away form yet, as we have only played 2 away games with this new tactic - a draw and a loss, but the loss was away to top of the table Mervue Utd (and only 2-1).

After 15 games, I'm 7th in the league, with 6 wins, equalling last seasons total - so that is showing signs of improvement :). We are 9 points off the playoffs, with a game in hand, but the competition is fierce, and so I imagine that the playoffs will be a bridge too far this season.

We have drawn Premier League Sligo Rovers in the third round of the Cup though, so it will be interesting to see how I fare against Premier League opposition.

QUICK UPDATE

Ok, played 4 league games and won one, how ever only lost one & drew 2. So find myself with 5 points sitting in 6th place (not a bad start).;) Certainly could be worse.

Funny though the team i beat are the P.S.N.I (police service of N.I) yes to those not farmiliar with the Ulster set up the police have a team in the league.:eek:You wouldnt want to foul them would ya.

Love to see crowd violence there.

For those old enough do you remember the Miners strike in the 80's?

Well I remember a serious concern for the FA Cup Qualifying Round when there were fears of the Met Police being drawn against one of the many "Miners Welfare" sides. :D

My God could you imagine the attendance??? ;)

Tornado Måløy FK 2010 Norwegian Second Divisjon Season Review

Having struggled with Hammerfest FK in my first attempt at this challenge on FM10 I decided to stay in Norway and opted for the tiny 'Tornado Måløy FK'. In short it was another disaster, couldn’t attract any decent players, struggled with tactics and eventually quit with 7 games left to play, 11 points adrift of safety and no real hope of that changing. I figured I might aswel jump before I'm pushed.:o

I then holidayed until the start of next season to see if I could get any eligible clubs promoted. I did, one that caught my eye was Klepp IL and so I put my application in and they accepted the following day. So let’s see if this works out any better I wonder...:confused:

Klepp IL Profile.

Season  Club                League                   Finish      Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010    Tornado Måløy FK    2.divisjon Avdeling 3    12th        Relegated!

Archived