dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

Almost positive I have been, its always been "within this region" which includes Ireland as far as I know? I just never bothered with scouting Ireland because I have all the knowledge from my nationality

What club are you?

It sounds a bit odd if you have always been able to scout in Ireland, I just assumed that everyone was limited to scouting just England in the Conference as I was.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

Almost positive I have been, its always been "within this region" which includes Ireland as far as I know? I just never bothered with scouting Ireland because I have all the knowledge from my nationality

What club are you?

It sounds a bit odd if you have always been able to scout in Ireland, I just assumed that everyone was limited to scouting just England in the Conference as I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chippenham like you, maybe I only got it in the BSP though since I never looked at the board screen in confrence south except to get a parent club. And had no reason to scout since I had no budget for first season.

Originally posted by Storzy:

I must add that's the 1st Malta player I've seen so my coach has only just got that knowledge I'm sure.

Can they do that? Just gain random knowledge like that?

Lnowledge is a bit of a bermuda triangle for me.

I somehow got knowledge of france by being N.Irish and Irish icon_confused.gif.

If he;s on your player search screen then you can sign him, it's as simple as that.

I'm waiting for my scouts to find some of these foreigners before I follow suit though.

The only problem is my scouts seem incapable of finding their way down the road to the cafe at vthe moment, never mind about unearthing talented foreigners icon_biggrin.gif.

So yeah..... i just got sacked.

Curse that confidence bug.

I'll report it later, made a back up save for when the patch comes out.

Might just take over my beloved Southampton.

So until the patch this is my challenge done, good luck all.

Originally posted by 3Sixty:

That's really carppy icon_frown.gificon13.gif.

Any chance you could post your overall confidence summary page rather than your competition confidence page.

whitby 2010-11 13th BSP

finished 13th in BSP, media said 23rd and board happy for me to battle for survival. Despite a chronic injury crisis mid season leaving me with none of my first 6 choice strikers, or any left sided player.

Made a tidy £300k profit as attendances averaged just under 2000, and being fairly tight on the wage structure making money really well.

Got to June and with contract up was worried when expectation level dropped off the board(it had been full all season). So asked for new contract club said it would, nothing came, asked for more time to rebuild they said it was in no way unhappy with my performances. Come 20th june and season request i again asked for new contract, they were unwiling so i knew my time was up? Sure enough i was out the following week, yet at no stage was i under pressure or looked like getting sacked?

Dissapointed yes, was wondering if beta patch reduces this chance of happening, again have back up save from start of June which may use if patch accepted?

any ideas?

3sixty feel your pain!

icon13.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Jimbo

There is no surprise that everyone will at some stage see high scores because we're all playing seperate games & you can't just pick out instances from different games to prove your point.

As I have said you want ME to upload something which in the context of MY game hasn't been that common.

Good luck with your pursuit but it's upto others to decide wether or not something is an error & needs reporting or not. I do my bit on both the FMO section & the Bugs/Data section of this website & don't need you telling me when & why to report stuff when I have a good idea of football in both real life & the FM series!

But hey what do I know, you're the master in this field clearly

Blue Square Premier - Season 08/09 (Pre-Patch)

Total Goals Scored - 1540

Top Scoreres -

Rushden & Diamonds - 88 Goals

Aldershot - 81 Goals

Mansfield - 79 Goals

Top Conceeders -

Nuneaton - 81 Conceeded

Braintree - 80 Conceeded

Dorchester - 75 Conceeded

Blue Square Premier - Season 09/10 (Post Patch)

Total Goals Scored - 1578

Top Scorers -

Oxford - 103 Goals

Exeter - 98 Goals

Rochdale - 92 Goals

Top Conceeders -

Nuneaton - 154 Conceeded

Stafford - 114 Conceeded

Northwich - 91 Conceeded

As you can see from my game, theres no real difference in the total number of goals scored, but in a stark contrast, the top scorers, and top conceeders are roughly a 20% Increase in goals (Top scorers) and a massive 50% increase in conceeded. Now, althought the FINAL number of goals difference is minimal, the goals in 'mid table' have really dried up.

For me, this is unrealistic, Seeing the top teams score 4-8 goals almost every game, and the bottom teams conceed 5-8 goals almost every game.

Sure, the total goals tally is similar, if not freakishly close, but 17-0's, 9-0's 7-0's DO NOT HAPPEN every weekend, but post-patch they have indeed been happening. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good report Nepenthez. I have noticed a lot of high scores since the patch, but mostly confined to one or two teams that are scoring bucketloads in most games.

As you say, 10-0s, 8-0s etc week in, week out is not realistic and Nuneaton conceding 154 (to quote your example) is definitely not realistic.

In my games I had noticed this was only confined to the regional BSQleagues so was wondering if it was a game settings thing to do with some teams having more players and the losing teams fielding a lot of greys.

It's definitely something that needs to be looked at.

Originally posted by shaggy61:

whitby 2010-11 13th BSP

finished 13th in BSP, media said 23rd and board happy for me to battle for survival. Despite a chronic injury crisis mid season leaving me with none of my first 6 choice strikers, or any left sided player.

Made a tidy £300k profit as attendances averaged just under 2000, and being fairly tight on the wage structure making money really well.

Got to June and with contract up was worried when expectation level dropped off the board(it had been full all season). So asked for new contract club said it would, nothing came, asked for more time to rebuild they said it was in no way unhappy with my performances. Come 20th june and season request i again asked for new contract, they were unwiling so i knew my time was up? Sure enough i was out the following week, yet at no stage was i under pressure or looked like getting sacked?

Dissapointed yes, was wondering if beta patch reduces this chance of happening, again have back up save from start of June which may use if patch accepted?

any ideas?

3sixty feel your pain!

icon13.gif

I can't believe how often thius is happening icon_frown.gificon13.gif.

Would you mind posting a pic of your confidence summary from the June save thet you have kept.

Originally posted by shaggy61:

whitby 2010-11 13th BSP

any ideas?

3sixty feel your pain!

icon13.gif

Jimbokav1971 i know you were asking re: 3sixty

but as same happened to me here is my confidence summary as you asked

confidence summary

feel free to ask anything else?

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3Sixty:

That's really carppy icon_frown.gificon13.gif.

Any chance you could post your overall confidence summary page rather than your competition confidence page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure.

Confidence.

This is about 2 weeks before it empties the long term bar.

As you can see, i was pretty liked.

Cheers 3sixty icon14.gif.

I must admit that I wasn't convinced that other issues like finances and short term expectations didn't impact on this, but you have no issues anywhere so that proves it once and for all.

I am not sure if any of the examples in the bugs forum are as good as this so you might want to have a look and see what you think.

I hope to God this is fixed in the patch because it is pretty bloomin serious icon_frown.gif.

June 2008. After a shock promotion from the Southern League that saw their manager headhunted, Banbury United began the search for a proven winner to take the reigns in the Blue Square South Division. The chairman was taken aback by his players almost unanimous recommendation for a man hitherto unknown to him. Who was this hot property that even the barman in the supporters bar tipped? His CV said he had many years of success at Harrow Borough and that was good enough for Mr Chairman. The guys in the players lounge knew different. They’d just succeeded in getting the job for the degenerate gambler, spiv and notorious blagger Didnae Wantthisjob. Their meagre part-time wage was now certain to be supplemented in poker games and general prop bets with the woeful Wantthisjob. He’d already dropped a packet to them since making their acquaintance at Oxford dog track. All they needed to survive was his endless boring stories about how he took Harrow into the football league on some poxy computer game once.

banbury1.jpg

Originally posted by ntfc:

Would anyone care to elaborate on the conference bug? Is it a known bug? What happens? How many people have been affected by it from this challenge? Is there any correlation in how you all got promoted?

If you exceed the long term goals by getting promoted, the AI board, "forget" that you have been promoted and their confidence in you drops to zero and they do not offer you a new contract.

It's horendous. SOme people seem to have got promoted ok so there must be a trigger. I'm just not sure if anyone has worked out what it is yet.

Just so you know. It's the "confidence bug", not a "Conference Bug".

Originally posted by ntfc:

Would anyone care to elaborate on the conference bug? Is it a known bug? What happens? How many people have been affected by it from this challenge? Is there any correlation in how you all got promoted?

dont know about others but i went

2nd BSN Lost in playoffs

3rd BSN Won in playoffs

13th BSP

as far as i can work out its due to expectation in relation to BSN/S at start or early part of game. If you achieve that faster than you/club are expected to, the game seems to forget what division you are in and you are scuppered.

Originally posted by meir412:

hello.

I know this is a little off-topic but I got re-directed with this question here.

did any of you ever encounter a club that started 2 divisions below the blue square north/south, go up and play in the playable leagues?

No. icon14.gif

I believe that it isn't possible.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

What club are you?

It sounds a bit odd if you have always been able to scout in Ireland, I just assumed that everyone was limited to scouting just England in the Conference as I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you only scout England?

I've also been able to scout UK & Ireland since I started with Billericay (and i'm still in my first season in the conf. south).

It may be possible if you try skipping multiple seasons ahead. Definitely not possible first season with promotions, I think the best way to do it as a real test would be to when you go to work one day leave your comp running on holiday for 8-10 seasons and seeing if any at all come up.

Getting a bit worried as I was given a contract at the end of my second season which I had just got promoted from BSP into L2 via the play offs. My target was to establish the club within BSP which of course was a bit useless as I'd already got promoted.

Since then I've won L2 in my 1st year of the new contract & then avoided relegation from L1 in the 2nd year. I am just starting the final year of the contract in L2 & my confidence bar is full as the rest, just hope it doesnt mess up but I'll keep a 2nd save from now & later in the season just incase I do.

My confidence level dropped to zero aswell, and some results in the league is becoming to ridiculous, one team winning 7-0, 9-0 and then losing 1-8... I think I´ll put the game on hold and wait for the full patch, and hopefully be able to continue a more satisfying game, see you soon, hopefully!

Banbury Utd - Conf South - 2008/09

Predicted to come 22nd and came 2nd thanks to my Daddy club Coventry loaning me some quality starlets.

The main man was Donny from the aformentioned Coventry. 51 goals in 52 says it all.

As you can see from the graph I was top of the league for quite a while so it was dissapointing that the team went through such a bad slump at the end of the season, this caused the morale to plummet and we seriously struggled. Would've finished in a lot worse position if it wasn't for the 9 point lead we mustered at one point.

So second place we finished and with the 2nd worst form in the league and the morale of the team f'd we went into the playoffs and we got smashed 6-2 on aggregate by Bognor Regis!

So another season it is in the BS South and next season I'm going to try a counter attacking game with pacey wingers and maybe a big front man with good strength and heading. Basically players with physical attributes aplenty.

Hopefully next season Coventry will loan me Donny boy again and I'll be able to finish top.

Damn Blue Square South, 2nd place is usually good enough for straight promotion...

Hendon - League 2 - 2012/2013

Well after surviving in the relegation battle last season I really hoped I could strengthen the squad some before this season but it just seems so impossible. The players worthy of a place in a promotion challengeing team refuse to come to Hendon & instead sign for my rival teams in the division.

On the free transfer note there has been a few players released that I would have loved but again they reject me also for my rivals so I end up constantly having to rely on potential & loans.

I cancelled my partnership with Chelsea as there players refused loans most of the time unless they were 17 year old regens who were low on current ability. I was offered a choice of 3 sides & once they came up it was obvious who I would go for. West Ham, QPR & Spurs were the options given to me & no surprise I opted for Spurs.

I was able to loan Thomas Pekhart & Dean Parrett on loan from them whilst my other 2 loanees consisted of Chelsea youngster Gael Kakuta who I believe this season should flourish as he started to get good towards the end of last season with me & the last spot goes to Man Utd regen Stewart Cameron who will play right back for me.

Along with those I signed former Coventry City defender Ben Turner who will be into my 1st team & also veteran midfielder Gavin McCann who at 34 years of age has been made club captain in a hope he can inspire my young side.

I also signed a few youngsters who I again hope maybe 1 might go onto being a decent player.

Hendon Squad

Hendon Transfers

Hendon Finances

I again have set my aim to avoid relegation this season & I expect another battle on my hands, my team feels more balanced going into this season & if I can carry on my form from where I finished last season then I would think I can be closer to the top half then I will relegation but we'll see.

October 2009

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Harrow 2 - 0 Halifax

Ephraim

Barron

Nuneaton 0 - 5 Harrow

Ephraim (3)

Osano

E'Beyer

Harrow 1 - 0 Lewes

Ephraim

Harrow 2 - 0 Kidderminster

Ephraim

Todorov

Salisbury 2 - 2 Harrow

Barron

Dimov

Aylesbury 0 - 7 Harrow (FA Cup 4th Qual. Round)

Ephraim (5)

Barron

Mackenzie</pre>

What a month. The only blip being the 2-2 draw against Salisbury, but in that we came back from 2-0 down so I enjoyed that result too. Who is on fire? Ephraim is on fire. Somehow only got second in the Player of the Month awards as we took a clean sweep. Barron first, Ephraim second and Tomkins taking third. Ephraim and Tomkins were also the top two in the young award. Here is a clip of Barron's goal against Halifax. I uploaded it because it's a bit special, and also shows how amazing the match engine can look sometimes. Just watch what Ephraim does in the build up to the goal. Incredible.

Current Position: 14th

Ok so i just realoaded my save on the off chance they might fancy keeping me.

and they did.

Now i need a ruling from dafuge whether this is allowed.

I doubt it, but as its an obvious bug i thought you might let it go?

Either was i'm going to keep playing with the save but want to know if im still in the challenge.

Just to prove i didn't cheat and use the editor etc..

Offer

I agree with Jimbokav. You have obviously recorded every part of your story through the Dafuge Challenge and have obviously made an effort to go back etc.. so I see no reason why you shouldn't continue your game. The 'bug' I assume must be very frustrating!

Hi all

Ok, So have managed to get through ALL thirtysomething pages of this thread properly. I have a few things i would like to add my voice to. Back in the earlier part of the thread people were talking about arranging friendlies for their reserves and under 18's to bring in extra money. I for one disagree totally with this. I always have my assistant manager take control of arranging friendlies for the 1st team, aswell as taking control of the other sides. So I suggest that this is the case now for the rules of the thread

Also in relation to loan players. On the odd occasion you do now and again manage to get hold of Prem/Championship players on loan but that would be in League 2 or the Conference. So i am with Jimbo on this one. I for one am only taking on loan players from my parent clubs or feeder clubs if i need them. Seems more realistic to me .

I am also playing the game post patch and have noticed quite a few high scoring games. Have people looked at the summary of these games if the teams involved are other than your own? Have any players been sent off. I just won a game 7-0 because the oppo were reduced to 9 men!.

Also, just to add, I have re organised my folders on Photobucket so am posting new links to my previous posts for Season 1 and 2 in the BSS.

Chelseadaft Chippenham Conference South 2008/2009

Squad

Transfers

Confidence

Summary

Club Info

Manager of the Month!

Me

Table

Finances

Chelseadaft Chippenham Conference South 2009/2010

Table

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Summary

Had to sell this guy to balance the books and get back in the black

Chelseadaft Chippenham Conference South Season 3 2010/2011

Hi all, Well like i said i thought i had cracked it towards the end of season 2 when it came to tactics and this season so far has proven that i have.

I am finally pleased to report i am halfway through the season and sit Second

in the league. My tactic is working really well as you can see here Results

yes there are a couple of 7-0's on there but heres what happened 1st

2nd

I have just been given this for only the 2nd time in my career MM

My two forwards are outstanding so far Freebie released by blackburn

Super Kyle!

However this just happened! Gutted!

I am hopeful of at least reaching the playoff's here is my tactic Tactic

Instructions

All this happened when i unticked "counter attack! and kept it simple!!!

Fingers crossed icon_smile.gif

Cheers for the support lads.

I'll give you something to smile about., i asked the bored to expand my stadium at the back end of last season, and they came back with this.

Stadium

I now have Loan Debt:£34M in my information screen haha.

Do you know what the capacity will be yet?

Cheers for the support lads.

I'll give you something to smile about., i asked the bored to expand my stadium at the back end of last season, and they came back with this.

Stadium

I now have Loan Debt:£34M in my information screen haha.

Board wouldn't upgrade mine even though my average attendance was something like 3900 out of 4000

Archived