Position: 5th (Graph)

Top Goalscorer: Brian Ryan (29)

Last Season: 14th in Blue Square South

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1 – Sidenote

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

FA Cup

2nd Qualifying Round – Mangotsfield 1-1 East Thurrock

2nd Qual. Round Rep. – East Thurrock 4-2 Mangotsfield

Top Goalscorer: Brian Ryan, Lenell John-Lewis, East Thurrock’s Michael Brooks (1 each)

Winner: Sunderland

Last Season: Out 3rd Qualifying Round

FA Trophy

3rd Qualifying Round – Mangotsfield 0–1 Hayes & Yeading

Top Goalscorer: n/a

Winner: Chester

Last Season: Out 3rd Qualifying Round

Setanta Shield

South 1st Round – Mangotsfield 1-0 Tiverton

South 2nd Round – Mangotsfield 5–1 Hayes & Yeading

South 3rd Round – Mangotsfield 2-2 Carshalton (Won 3-1 on penalties)

4th Round – Mangotsfield 1-3 Nuneaton

Top Goalscorer: Brian Ryan (7)

Winner: Kidderminster

Last Season: Out South 1st Round

Transfers

Star Player

High Point

Low Point – Take note of the times of the goals

Premiership Winners: Liverpool

Notes

A good season; always around the top, despite never actually challenging for the title. In a way, it’s good we didn’t get promoted – I doubt we’d have stayed up in the Blue Square Premier. Most of this season’s players have gone/are going, so I’m not expecting a playoff place next season.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right decided to start this challenge. But i wont be able to post any screenshots so i wont really be able to play properly but i will keep you all informed of my progress if that is ok? icon14.gif

Right ive started as Hednesford and the board want a respectable finish in the league icon_smile.gif I can cope with that....i hope icon_biggrin.gif

Keep you updated! Wacker

Pre season over - this is a big shock after playing with relegation threatened premiership teams.

I'm restricting my wage spending (that's code for noone vaguely useful wants to play for me).

Pre season was eventful - Two draws, Two wins and *cough* Three defeats.

We had a handful of players on greys, some have earned contracts, some haven't.

We have three players in on loan from Plymouth (Parent club) and six free transfers in..

Now for the first game of the season against Basingstoke - I have a feeling this is going to be a long and tough season. Updates to follow!

Well Pre-Season did not go good icon_frown.gif

The Highlight of it was a 3-2 win over Northwich Victoria, which was in the middle of defeats to Wolves (12-0 icon_frown.gif) Exter and Barnsley (Both 4-0), Played first three games of the season. Got off to half decent-ish start with a 1-1 draw with reditch icon_biggrin.gif But then lost all confidence in my defend with a 3-0 and a 4-0 drubbings by Hucknall and Burscogh.

I predict im going to be out by christmas at this rate icon_cool.gif

Shall keep you updated icon14.gif Wacker

Well my attempt at the challenge this year was nearly ended by my computer - whilst reinstalling Windows, Windows decided to randomly wipe the partition that held all my files, luckily I managed to recover most of my files, and I'd maded a backup of my save game at the end of this season before I applied the second patch - which was rather fortunate as it was the only one that wasn't corrupted. (Though I did lose my skin icon_frown.gif)

Marine - League One 2015/16

After narrowly missing out on the playoffs last season, I was hoping for promotion this season, mainly because I'm struggling to keep hold of my better players - vice-capation Harris spent the whole season transfer listed by request, after he demanded a move to a bigger club (luckily no big offers have come in for him, just some easily fended off bids from Championship and League One Sides).

Again we would spent most of the season playing elsewhere - this time Tranmere's stadium (Prenton Park - 10 miles away on the other side of the Mersey), as Rossett Park was yet again being expanded.

It was the quietest season for Transfers since I've started - mainly because I struggled to find good enough players who were willing to sign for me - Callum O'Connor signed on a free from Blackburn, a couple of youngsters were also snapped up, and a couple of player brought in on loan a defender Andrew Shaw from Newcastle and ex-Man Utd Keeper Tom Heaton from Hibs.

Though I did go a bit crazy spending a club record £200K on Argentine striker Sergio Gallego who my scouts raved about at the U20 World Cup, and he had quite a lot to say for a youngster - he'll teach the fans real football, wants to be centre of attention and rather worrying see's the club as a stepping stone - he did wel in the few games he played, being the third striker in a team that only plays one limited his chances, but 4 goals and 3 assists from 4(10) games was not a bad return.

A major problem I had this season was getting players to sign new contracts - Hungarian Midfielder Karoly Baranyai refused to sign a new contract and looked like he was going to leave on a free as only Middlesboro were interested in him and would only offer me nothing for him plus percentage of next sale, luckily a no longer Bankrupt West Ham took him off my hands for £500K plus 50% of his next sale icon_smile.gif

West Ham have rather annoyed me, last season they were supossedly bankrupt, yet spent £1.5m on players, this season they spent £4m on players (they only recouped about £1.5m from sales) - where'd they get all this money from, they are showing as £36m in debt, though it looks like they have sold off their youth academy. They also had Lazio as there parent team icon_frown.gif

The season didn't get off to the best of starts right winger van den Berg broke his leg against Hartlepool and would be out for six months.

I'll start off with the cups first for a change - We won our first ever Carling Cup game this season with a 3-0 away win against League Two Darlingtion, the second round saw us make the trip upto Middlesbrough, who promptly send us home with a 3-0 defeat icon_frown.gif

The Paint Trophy saw us drawn with Bury for the second season in a row and again we needed pens to win the match (fourth pen shootout I've had in 7 Paint Trophy Games) - Bury missing all 4 pens helped. In the second round we beat York 1-0 thanks to a goal from Naylor, the Quarter Final North saw a nearly full strength side lose 1-0 to table topping Hull thanks to an offside goal from Matt Bowman (who played for my Frickley side on FM2007, and wasn't renowed for his goalscoring ability icon_frown.gif)

The FA Cup had me rather worried the board were expecting us to make it to the Third Round this season, considering I'd only made it to the Third Round once so far things weren't looking good.

We got off to a good start with a 3-0 win against League Two Mansfield fielding a largely second string side. The Second Round again saw us drawn away to a League Two side this time Rushden, a double from Spevak helped us to win 4-2.

It was no surprise that the Third Round also drew us away to a League Two side - Grimsby this time, we needed a second half comeback to beat them after we conceeded a dodgy penalty just before half time.

Then things started getting a bit more difficult, the Fourth round would see us entertain struggling Championship side Charlton (we missed out on BSP side Cambridge and the last League Two side Lincoln), in the end it turned out to be a rather easy game - a double from Danny Naylor gave us a 2-0 win, and the fans started dreaming of Wembley.

The Fifth Round saw us travel to Wales to play Championship Cardiff, who took an early lead thanks to CM/FM legand Daniel Braaten, but we managed to equalilse in the 90th minute thanks to Spevak, who then scored a hat-trikc in the replay to put us into the Sixth Round 4-2.

The Quarter Finals saw us drawn away to another Championship side - this time high flying West Brom, and again we needed a last minute goal to send the game to a replay, this time thanks to Naylor (Spevak grabbed two assists - at this stage in the season I started switching from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 late in games I wasn't winning). Also to add insult to injury WBA's scoring Andy Champion was the same left back I had onloan last season who was useless icon_frown.gif

In the end West Brom proved too strong for us in the replay and we went out 2-1 icon_frown.gif

A major problem with the FA Cup run (and internationals) is that my league games kept on getting postponed, leaving me to spend most of the season three games behind everyone else, this ment we spent most of the season just about in the playoffs finally finishing third.

The playoffs saw us drawn against Chesterfield who'd already beaten us twice in the league this season, and with my right back O'Connor out injured for the playoffs things weren't looking good, however we were in good form and managed to carry it into the playoffs, but despite hammering Chesterfield (19 shots, 10 on target) we could only win 2-0, thanks to Spevak and an own goal.

A nervy second leg ensured and with Chesterfield leaving their shooting boots at home, a 1-1 draw was enough to set up a playoff final against Swansea.

The playoff final saw us take an early two goal lead, and we managed to hold out against an underpar Swansea side and win 2-1, which saw us promoted to the Championship!

Though it was a rather expensive promotion - we got £100K for finishing third, but it cost me £525K in bonuses icon_frown.gif

Final Table - Hull ran away with the league, whilst West Ham came so close to relagation to League Two - we hammering them 5-2 and 2-0 didn't help them icon_smile.gif

Squad - Ramos had a good season in midfield, put refused to sign a new contract and will sign for Academica (Portugal) on a free at the end of the season icon_frown.gif

My three star players being on form this season helped us gain promotion - Scottish Towering Centre-back Dean Law, and English youngsters James Harris and Danny Naylor - nearly mirror the core of my Marine team from the FM06 challenge that comprised of Left Winger and Captain Nicky Price, Wonderkids AMC Danny Wilson and ST Simon Wilkinson, it's a shame I haven't found a centre-back pairing to rival my Frickley centre-backs from FM07 - Danish CD Jensen and NIrish CD Gibson (who played nearly 500 games for me, before randomly retiring with no notice), which were followed up by English World Class centre-backs Foy and Perry.

Keeper Woods kept 20 clean sheets, but fails to get a 7 rating?

Club Info - Spevak makes it onto the favoured list (but disappeared by the start of the next season), stadium nicely expanded but still will be the smallest in the Championship. Board have also decided that the youth facilities are good enough, but have agreed to improve the training facilities.

Best XI 2015/16 and Best XI Overall - Dean Law replaces Sam Tierney in defence and Naylor replaces Simon upfront.

Manager Profile - Upto National reputation, and rather worrying it appears to be my reputation that encourges players to sign, rather than the club.

Snapshot - Danny Naylor player of the season, and we have about £5m in the bank to avoid relagation from the Championship with.

Other Stuff

Feeder Clubs - I did finally a couple of seasons ago pick up a couple of useless feeder clubs - Thurrock (BSS) and Tonbridge Angels (non-league), however with them being over 200 miles away on the other side of the country (East of London and Kent) no one wants to go on loan to them, though I may have found the reason why it's so hard to get feeder clubs - the computer teams have taken them all - all the BSN teams already have parents clubs, as do all the Welsh and Irish (NI & ROI) except for three teams, so whilst it's nice to be able to tell your board which type of feeder club you want, I haven't been able to take advantage of it yet, due to my chairman's inability to find a feeder club icon_frown.gif

Staff - what is the most amount of staff anyone has been able to have in the challenge, in the Championship I am still stuck with the same amount since we turned pro - 3 scouts, 2 physios, and 8 coaches and one assistant manager - has anyone ever actually hired a first team or youth coach, rather than a normal coach?

Also has anyone noticed a lack of quality scouts in their game? only 10 staff members in my game have JPA and JCA 18+ (Cardiff in the Championship have actually employed a scout with JPA=1 and JCA=5).

Seems to me a large database just seems to load/generate more useless players/staff, may go back to normal next time.

Bring on the Championship...

Club: Guiseley

Coach: Joost Nijhof (foost)

League: BSN

Season: 01

Last year's challenge went okish, finished 6th (League One) in my 11th season in charge of Grantham Town. This year with a new team I am trying to complete the challenge for a change! The team i choose was Guiseley. Simple, love the name and love the kits. Since I am dutch I don't have a clue where Guiseley is based, but tbh I don't bother eather. Right. With the new patch (8.02) installed I started the first season.

GOAL:

My goal for the first season was to survive, which I did. Finishing 17th with a negative goal difference of 14. But I didn't do that bad since we drawn 14 games out of the 42. The highest drawing score in the league... Most important thing that needs to change is off course all those goals against. Bringing in some new defenders, and trying to loan from Leeds (my parrent).

SCREENSHOTS

- Club Information

- The Staff

- Guiseley's players

- Transfers in/out

- Finances Summary

- End of season table

- End of season graph

- Overall team stats

- Overall player stats

- Season Summary

Hey everyone, nice to see so many people having a go with Halesowen Town (I live in Halesowen, go me!)

Before on FM I've only ever really played with Villa and Walsall once or twice, but I'm going to give this challenge a go, hopefully gonna get Halesowen too. I'm holidaying at the minute. Just thought I'd say hello and hope you all welcome me to this thread icon_smile.gif

Kings Lynn 2008/2009

Well first season complete and no complaints here. The only thing I would say is I think I would have preferred to choose a team that didnt have a parent club as I found first season pretty easy.

Anyway my cup form was terrible only winning one cup game in FA Trophy but luckily board didnt expect us to do any better.

We ran away with the league due to a couple of loanees. However one made a real difference as you can see here

Screenies

Squad

Transfers

Ok putting this on at work and seems league table and graph have not uploaded. Will add them later. Ask if you require anything else but bear in mind have started my season in Blue Square Premier.

Dafuge, I signed up to your website, and I am at the point where I need to verify my email address. I haven't received an email, not even in my Spam folder. If I click on the link on your website to 'resend the verification email', the page expires. Any thoughts on what I can do next? I'm using a googlemail email address if that helps.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Cheers.

had an amazing season, won the league, and the sentana shield also made the semi-final of the fa trophy.

tabletablebc9.th.jpg

transferstablebc9.th.jpg

senatana shield finaltablebc9.th.jpg

finances are in great shape and we seemed to score goals for fun, mainly through our loan loan signings from newcastle, and also attacking mid jay smith who contibuted with 27 goals in all competitions.

i'm now being linked with all these jobs, have yet to be oferred one yet though

need to be build for next season especially improvements in goal and at both full backs.

Here goes - played champy/fm from the start and i'm hoping this challenge which i've often considered over the last couple of years will provide a much needed long term game. After numerous reloads to try and get a team under 1000 rep, im landed with Tiverton Town (1000rep) as i'm itching to get going and they're as 'home town' as they can be.

So, Manager Profile

Finally I'm having trouble registering on Dafuges website, stating my e-mail has been registered before, but it couldn't have been, any ideas?

Here goes - played champy/fm from the start and i'm hoping this challenge which i've often considered over the last couple of years will provide a much needed long term game.

After numerous reloads to try and get a team under 1000 rep, im landed with Tiverton Town (1000rep) as i'm itching to get going and they're as 'home town' as they can be.

So, http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/JJMonkey79/ManagerProfile.jpg[/img]]Manager Profile

Finally I'm having trouble registering on Dafuges website, stating my e-mail has been registered before, but it couldn't have been, any ideas?

Please delete all my pathetic posts except this one!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/JJMonkey79/ManagerProfile.jpg[/img]]Manager Profile

Here goes - played champy/fm from the start and i'm hoping this challenge which i've often considered over the last couple of years will provide a much needed long term game.

After numerous reloads to try and get a team under 1000 rep, im landed with Tiverton Town (1000rep) as i'm itching to get going and they're as 'home town' as they can be.

Final Attempt

All other posts need deleting.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/JJMonkey79/ManagerProfile.jpg[/img]]Manager Profile

Final Final Attempt

All other posts need deleting.

th_ManagerProfile.jpg]Manager Profile[/url]

Finally I'm having trouble registering on Dafuges website (as well as posting!), stating my e-mail has been registered before, but it couldn't have been, any ideas?

some clarification on the rules - it states you can sign a free foreigner, as long as they are willing to come on trial, does that mean they have to come on trial or can we assume if they want to sign they'd come on trial? (thus just sign them up on the assistant's recommendation)

AFC Wimbledon Championship 16/17 Season Review

What an awful season!

First time in this challenge that I've really gone backwards. Having finished 7th last season, I was looking for playoffs and promotion and told the board accordingly.

Started out great but then we went into freefall, ruining morale, making everyone unhappy and there being a threat of relegation.

Table

Graph

This lead to the board losing confidence in me and for a lot of the season the job security was "Insecure". Will need to be modest with my prediction if I make it through the post-season.

Competition Confidence

Lost a number of players over the season, mainly the chairman's fault and my captian of 330 games wanted out after I rejected an offer for him so we had to rebuild the squad with frees and value transfers.

Transfers

Squad

Some of the better players this season, all on frees icon_smile.gif

Chambers-No 1 Striker (esp after chairman sold no2 and no3)

Camps, Right winger, might struggle to hold his place next season though

Ochirosii- Left winger, did a great job replacing former captain Hall

Off-field things went a little better, mainly due to the player sales.

Finances

The only financial issue is that towards the end of the season, revenue dropped dramatically so hopefully that'll turn back around next season.

Current Profile

On other notes, scouting is going a little better, having a full season of scouting all of Europe. On top of that, the board have promised a stadium expansion, improved training and improved youth facilities. icon_smile.gif

Aims for next season:

Improve defence and goalkeeper.

Rise back up the ladder and challenge for playoffs.

Find and bring in youngsters that will be genuine Premiership players in the future.

Keep my job!!!

obuck

Originally posted by Monkey:

How do you just have a title on your links instead of all the code?

Don't use photobucket, however, should be the same. Get the link after uploading that doesn't have the tags on it (i.e. http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/JJMonkey79/th_Players.jpg )

Then, in the post window, click the URL button, paste the link on the top line and write what you want the title to be on the bottom.

Dafuge,

While you are in here, can you help me with my registration for your site. Sent an e-mail through the website as well (struggling to register)

Just got the game running so should know which team I will be managing soon.

jep

Originally posted by jep:

Dafuge,

While you are in here, can you help me with my registration for your site. Sent an e-mail through the website as well (struggling to register)

jep

Unfortunately I don't run that site, it is run by Allan who I haven't seen here for a while. If you contact him using the e-mail on the site he might be able to help you but there's nothing I can do.

Dafuge, i'm still at a loss on this too!

Foost, i'll be sticking to a very basic 4-4-2 with standard roles for each position, just tweaking things like through balls and run with ball. Might also reduce creative freedom all round as I believe it will be important to keep it simple for these 'skillfully challenged' players. I could be off the mark tho, time will tell!!

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Dafuge,

jep

Unfortunately I don't run that site, it is run by Allan who I haven't seen here for a while. If you contact him using the e-mail on the site he might be able to help you but there's nothing I can do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, no worries.

Just selected Gateshead as my club (I know they have a 1200 rep and I am a wuss but its fairly local to where I live so should keep me interested)

Manager Screen Shot

Going to be playing my flat 4-3-3 system which Should provide some goals.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

I got promoted the first season with gateshead..

Pretty easy.. i think it might have something to do with my reputation.. i even have the best team in the BSP

where's the screenies? icon_smile.gif

Archived