dafuge's FM10 challenge

Don't worry, TPF, you'll be **** again before too much longer :D

Jordan, cup runs were my saviour in the lower leagues. We had about 3 fans and so despite the low wage bill we were losing money hand over fist, but I poured every effort I could into getting into the 3rd round of the FA Cup and hoping to face a bit team. We got anything from £300K to £600K from those one-off games and it kept me afloat until we hit the Championship.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am touching every wooden surface possible, so forum curse touch me not, but after spanking Notts Forest 5-0 (in which Pokorny made his début as a sub in the 35th minute, and let me tell you, that boy's work rate is unbelievable), the table is looking........ promising. Man City are on a shocking run of 4 draws and 1 defeat in their last five games (seriously, that counts as truly ****ing terrible when you've won six titles on the bounce) and the field has really bunched up, allowing us, for however brief a time, to sit proud.

To be honest Terk, I'm doing really well financially without them.

Just been trounced 3-0 by Cheltenham though. Really, seriously badly, need Greenhalgh back. 3 weeks away though :( He really is our version of Ronaldo, or Man City's Tevez. Without him, we're not the same =/

My God Terk! Go you!

Oh and stop touching everyone's wood you ghey!

Get this, made me laugh at how things quickly can change:

First 6 home games: won 4, drew 2, scored 6, conceded 1.

next 5 home games: won 4, drew 1, scored 22, conceded 9.

just tonked top of league Accrington 7-1 and currently lie in 3rd place. Lost 3 games out of 23 so far. Just need to stop drawing games away from home!

FCUM get pretty good attendances even in the lower leagues, don't they? If I'm remembering correctly we didn't get an average crowd of over 1,000 until we reached League 2.

My average attendance is 5156, so not too bad. I'm not sure about Gate Receipt percentages for away teams in the league? But we get somewhere between 40k and 65k per game.

Almondo, cheeky push for automatic with your game in hand!

Terk - Secretly yeah. I'm 9 unbeaten and after just 8 goals between Offiong, Knight and I.Mcleod in the first 15 games, they've started scoring for fun and Knight and McLeod rotating or Knight playing off McLeod have got 17 goals between them in the last 8 games.

Signing another striker from Blackpool in January for £1k, only young and looks classy, sell Offiong who's been woeful!

FFS. That Chelsea game has screwed us. 3-0 loss to Cheltenham, 3-2 loss to Bournemouth, 2-1 loss to Luton. Not on, not on at all!

Now seems like a good time to call it a day. Long day and to be honest, shoulda went two hours ago lol.

Tomorrow should see the end of season report!

Final day of the season and I had to match or beat coventry's result to guarantee a playoff spot. Playing Ipswich who were 3rd. Beat them 2-0 which means Boston go to the playoffs but you've gotta feel for Ipswich as the teams 6th, 7th and 8th all won meaning Ipswich miss out on a playoff spot.

Boston united season 17 2026/27

League Table , Position Graph final position - 5th

A better season than last year which saw us although biefly top the leage before settlin gfor 5th in the league. The playoff semi final was a disappointment losing heavily to Southampton 5-0 on aggregate.

Cups

The League cup was disappointing but the FA Cup more than made up for it with a Quarter Final apperance

FA Cup Went out in the Quarter Finals to Liverpool.

League Cup Disappointing going out in the 2nd round to Birimingham

Transfers

The biggest transfer news of the year was the fact that I sold our record signing Juan Jesus Sanchez to Leicester City for £3 million making a nice profit of £1.7 Million on him. I also sold Left Back Daniele Maresca for £1.3 Million to Derby. A healthy profit there on a player brought in on a free. That said though the board didn't give me all the cash due to building me a new stadium.

Star Player

The star player this season has been Charlie Harber

Harber was brought in primarily as back up to the first team. However he took his chance and was a central part of my push to the playoffs. not bad for a defender who was touted as only good enough for a League 1 side.

Key Players

Gavin Kirk Solid once again.

Rafal Socha A good solid Left back. He also gets a few international games for Poland

Alvaro A great left midfielder who ran right backs ragged

Milen Vladimirov Top scorer this season. Getting a bit long in the tooth though.

Aiden Campbell Came in just behind Vladimirov in goals scored. A solid season once again from this Irish wizard.

Two for the future

Christer Nilsson A good looking right back who could take over from Socha eventually

Rasmus Colding A decent looking young striker who could be fairly decent.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals

Other Winners

Premier League - Man City

FA Cup - Liverpool

Carling Cup - Leeds

Champions League - A.C. Milan. A Milan Derby here.

UEFA Cup - Sevilla.

Aims for next season

There's only one thing I can aim for here and that's promotion.

After drawing 1-1 in the first leg of the Playoff Semi Finals against Crewe very early this morning, I decided to call it a morning, and get some sleep.

Just fired the game up, played the 2nd leg. Won 5-4 on pens!

Into the final we go, against Oxford United.

I'm quite annoyed, this would have been so much easier if I didn't lose all my loanees just before the playoffs started!

Finally got the patch downloaded (slow connection atm) and was scared to play as usually my tactics are made redundant by patches, especially so given Terk's 4-3-3 was.

First game, away to 20th placed Stevenage, 0-0 draw but they battered us. Decided to stick with it as the next two games are at home, stuff Brentford 2-0 and draw 0-0 at home to Wrexham despite absolutely battering them. Fourth game is away to Cambridge where they are heavy favourites, and we have absolutely played them off the park, leading 2-0 at half time and scared to start the second half.

Like OMG... My rock in defence Brau has a rough start. Don't know what is happening in his personal life atm but jeez... His 3rd red card in the three matches he played... I gave him a 2 weeks wage warning. And now he thinks he has been treated unfair. Like WTF!

FC United of Manchester - League Two 2013/14

Season 4 with FC United, and our first season as a Football League club.

Once again the board expected me to attempt to avoid relegation, but as I always do, I expect to avoid it. The media, once again, predicted 24th. I think that's 4 consecutive seasons now, maybe 3.

Transfers - Quite a reshuffle this season. It was necessary for survival. Managed to keep my extremely tight wage structure though, which is good.

Instead of going into the full story of our season, I am going to let the screens do the talking.

Burton v FC United (Our Biggest Win)

Job Links/Offers

Hartlepool

Oldham

Crystal Palace

Stoke

Position Chart

Table

Crewe v FC United

Oxford v FC United

FA Cup

1st Round - Wigan v FC United

1st Round Replay - FC United v Wigan

2nd Round - FC United v Newport County

3rd Round - FC United v Preston

4th Round - Sheff Wed v FC United

4th Round Replay - FC United v Sheff Wed

5th Round - FC United v Chelsea

5th Round - Chelsea v FC United

No point in posting a Squad screenshot, as it changed about 4 times this season.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Daniel - Daniel only came in on the 30th January, but he made a lasting impact. He jumped straight into our first team in defence, going on to play all 20 games remaining in the season. Pulling out ratings of over 9.2 on a regular basis. He became the rock in our defence. On top of this, he scored 8 league goals, and got 7 Man of the Match awards, as well as Young Player of the Month for April.

(Ben Greenhalgh would have been in line for this, but the Millward Player Choice Award rules state a player cannot win it if they won it the season before)

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

The award has to go to our cup run. Toppling the big teams, and even taking Chelsea to a replay. Other candidates included our huge finances, and the 6-1 win against Burton Albion.

Fan's Player of the Year

Ben Greenhalgh

Confidence

Finances - Once again, another fantastic season financially, this time skyrocketing. Our cup run played a huge part in this, as did my tight wage structure.

Manager Profile

So into League One we go, and once again, my plan is just to survive, and hopefully achieve a cup run similar to the one I just had. A good League Cup run would be nice, and I might even go for a JPT win.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions
2013/14        League Two                6th              Promoted - Playoffs

Finally got the patch downloaded (slow connection atm) and was scared to play as usually my tactics are made redundant by patches, especially so given Terk's 4-3-3 was.

First game, away to 20th placed Stevenage, 0-0 draw but they battered us. Decided to stick with it as the next two games are at home, stuff Brentford 2-0 and draw 0-0 at home to Wrexham despite absolutely battering them. Fourth game is away to Cambridge where they are heavy favourites, and we have absolutely played them off the park, leading 2-0 at half time and scared to start the second half.

It didn't take too many tweaks to get my 4-3-3 working again, I've had to use my full backs a bit more defensively given the improvement in wingers and my passing is shorter now because I've found it more difficult to play balls into space behind their defensive line but I'm back on track.

Right, 10.3 is here and I'm ready to go with this challenge now. Here is my manager profile: Chip Butty, the new manager of Canvey Island - I seem to have plenty to live up to with Terk!

Good luck, sir :thup:

Still in pre-season with Tiverton - must have trialled over 100 players already!

:(

Unforunately I have to say Goodbye to Man Utd Loanee Martin Smith, one of my best goal-scorers of last season. After being ruled out in the final stages of my season with a broken leg, he is now out for a further six months with a serious viral infection.

It didn't take too many tweaks to get my 4-3-3 working again, I've had to use my full backs a bit more defensively given the improvement in wingers and my passing is shorter now because I've found it more difficult to play balls into space behind their defensive line but I'm back on track.

Yeah the one thing I have noticed is my target man hasn't scored a goal since patching, and he used to be my top scorer on 10.2 because of how many balls came through the middle. Now he's doing what he's meant to which is drop deep and play the wide guys in.

Am loving the revised player ratings too. One of my strikers ran at the opposition defence tirelessly all game, got an assist but no goal, but still a 9.0 rating.

Just got sacked as manager of Brazil.. Ahwell, after I won the Copa America, I now just drawed 3 times in the WCSA QS (vs Argentina, Uruguay and Colombia) and the sack me... Fine by me.

Ungrateful scum :thdn:

I expect I'll be sacked by Italy before too long, depends whether my experiment of promoting almost the entire U21 team to the first team squad works out or not :cool:

Edit: Oh yeah I'm at Tiverton now... feel slightly schizophrenic!

As in you left your old team? Way to go! Gonna do the same at the end of my season (december now atm)

Nah I started again on the 10.3 database, leaving the Merthyr save for hangover FM-ing as it's easy! I do plan to get further with that save, just fancying something a bit more challenging.

How do I choose two strikers each game between Lateef Elford-Alliyu, Steven MacLean, Shola Ameobi, Billy Paynter and Phillip Prosenik?!

Yet according to my assistant manager, all these quality signings from my 20/20 scout, aren't good enough. I think I'm gonna go with my scout on this one....

Another big problem is my keeper. Who do I use?

Wojciech Szczesny

Jakub Jesionkowksi

David James

I'm sick and bloody tired of reading news items entitled 'Mimms wants Canvey Island post'. **** off, Bobby, you're a **** coach, you've been pimping yourself at me for two seasons now and I'M STILL NOT GOING TO ****ING HIRE YOU! :mad:

Archived